Newbie 1361: The Ninja Council (Game Over)

Forum rules
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by Edosurist »

In the game I played with Nacho and other games I read, he's just one of those players I tend to look over because I can't, for the life of me, get any kind of a read on him.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 9:47 am

Post by Remembrance »

No scum chat? :cry:
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

What?
Saved by my own stupidity \o/
Sometimes a Psychopath with a notebook wins.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by Remembrance »

I asked for the scum chat. But they didn't give the okay.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

I think that if you have Aim you can use the button down in the bottom right corner.

I think the reason they don't host it on here, is because like the marathon forum, it takes too much from the site and runs it too hard.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by hapahauli »

Good game guys!

Was a blast to follow and listen to your rants Thrawn/mrbungle =P
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 4:36 pm

Post by Remembrance »

In post 1104, JasonWazza wrote:I think that if you have Aim you can use the button down in the bottom right corner.

I think the reason they don't host it on here, is because like the marathon forum, it takes too much from the site and runs it too hard.
Lol, no I mean that I asked the scum team for the QT and they didn't respond (or provide a link)
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Oh right, well it's not up to me :P and most games are like that.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Remembrance »

This is also twice now Nacho I.C. Hasn't given post game advice in my newbie game *tear* I'm never going to improve at this rate. :( Well, not that there's much advice to give when I bit it so fast.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Dude you were killed, take it as a compliment.

If you get killed N1 it shows you were a threat.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Reasons to be killed N1;

You sounded like a PR (as a VT this is a good reason to be killed)
You are convincing and would be accurate at pinning scum (This is like a massive compliment to your skills.)
You were already pinning scum
You are going to become a town leader and will be a threat if you do.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

OK i will just pull out specific quotes to try and make it obvious why you were killed

Levi: "i'm setting my sights on remembrance but i'm wondering if that may be too obvious. "
Nacho: "As far as death goes, Remembrance is a pretty solid kill."
Nacho: "Remembrance is probably a solid kill"
Nacho: "So, Remembrance is probably the only kill we can make tonight"
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 11:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

you can see the scum qt, and I don't care
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 11:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

sorry for the delay in feedback, my friend is coming to town soon and priority is staying caught up.
it will come, i promise :]
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 11:45 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Awesome, thanks. :)
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1113, Nachomamma8 wrote:sorry for the delay in feedback, my friend is coming to town soon and priority is staying caught up.
it will come, i promise :]
and then i got drunk
but here it comes

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:24 am

Post by chkflip »

He must've passed out drunk again.

:o
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In a newbie game, my play is generally more passive. This game had the added benefit of having Day 1/Day 2 in a time when I was decently busy, and also mollie who is great at picking out my scumgame and is very, very dangerous when I am scum. So, the initial plan was to get the easy Nic lynch D1, go fucking crazy and try to mislynch mollie D2, probably die by D3. What ended up happening is bungle proved to be a hell of a lot better player than I expected him to be, and I played this entire game playing catchup. Bungle had put himself into the townking throne, gene was bleeding so much obvtown everywhere that making a case against him would bring bungle down on me like a hammer, and any mislynch that I pushed for D2 would break on me when I ended up getting them D3. After I claimed doctor and you all foolishly, foolishly lynched Bert, I felt a tiny sliver of hope because I saw chkflip didn't counterclaim me that day and I thought maybe, maybe I could pull something through. I didn't. Bad night actions this day were also a problem; we didn't kill bungle because we underestimated him and thought he'd get a mislynch and probably be protected, bad reasoning. Should've picked up on Gene's interactions with blaze but he didn't make the noob mistake of immediately dropping him in a scumread, so he played me like a violin. In the end, we *might* have been able to pull off the win if I could push a scumteam like chk/levi or some shit like that, but that just wasn't working at all. I held onto the tiny tiny tiny hope that I would be able to push a gene/chk team but that was mostly trolling because I knew bungle
probably
wouldn't budge, but there's always a hope. There's always a piece of hope when you're scum and if you can hold onto that, you can post so much that at least SOMEONE will believe you.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Nic, you let yourself get pushed on a weak lynch. Do you remember the reasons I was trying to lynch you? Because you could do better as town. And you could, true, but you should've attacked that reasoning. Everyone has off games; why was this a scumgame for you? You started questioning that but you let me ride that reasoning aaalll the way until the end; that shouldn't have happened. You also waffled waay too much on your reads; you need scumreads so people can look at alternate lynches. Think of it like court; your scumread is your version of the story, your defense. If you don't have one, usually you're going to lose. You had a levi vote down, but you sure as hell didn't push it. You had a me-waffling scumread, why didn't you get mollie's reasoning for my lynch more?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 288, Remembrance wrote:I don't have much on Nacho, I'm afraid to say. Not much of anything to work with.
Rem, you know this isn't my normal towngame. In all the towngames you've played with me, I'm bossing people around, I'm pushing reads, I have solid townreads and I'm yelling at people when they aren't following them. ESPECIALLY Day 1. Day 1 is my strongest day because it's the day I figure things out; if I don't figure them out on Day 1, I reanalyze Day 2 and then get "chill" when I can be "chill". Certainly not when I have no idea what the fuck is going on. I saw what you were doing with Nic Cage and I loved it; encouraging players when you're having trouble reading them and everyone finds them scummy is an AMAZING tactic that I absolutely adore. However, you gotta be more aggressive in your cozying. Don't give them encouragement; give them something to talk about. When you're going down and you can't really do anything about the accusations, you gotta give 'em a bone. I also liked your plan to get the bungle/mollie/gene townblock together; I think it added to bungle/gene synergy lower down the game. You just need to defend the one that's not accepted in the town block more; yell at mollie for her scumread, latch onto other reads she cares about, things like that.

You also didn't push anything like scumreads this game, which is not good. Get a lot of townreads, push people who aren't townreads.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Bert, never give up. The greatest thing about being town is that as long as you are alive and the game isn't over, you still have a decent chance of winning. No matter how beautiful the scum setup, no matter how ridiculous the odds, you are in the right, your heart is pure, and there are always friends to connect with, there's always people who can suddenly connect with you and change their minds. Sometimes you get suspected because you aren't providing enough? Whatever, you have towngames to throw at them, let them read. It's also hard for you to predict what other players are doing; sometimes they suddenly see the town in you, back off last second, change the wagons completely. When you give up, you're shutting down possibilities, and that's never a good thing.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:31 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

bungle you shouldn't have let me live as long as i did
sorry for shitty play at the beginning
i'll wreck you as scum next time tho

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Gene, the most important lesson is that you when you connect with another active town player, that combination is deadly. It was a combination that I actually couldn't touch in LyLo, and I definitely tried; if you didn't obvtown as hard as you did to bungle, that lylo might've turned out differently despite your result. And Remembrance says tone it down, I say turn it up. If you have a strong town game and a weak scum game, you should never ever tone it down. Improve your scumgame to match your towngame and people will townread you and they will be completely blindsided, and that's a great feeling. I would also recommend that you look into your intuition a little more and put it to reason; every time you look at a post and your gut does something, it's doing it for a reason. Find out those reasons.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

mrbungle, you probably want to tune out noise better. You were far too sidetracked in the mollie fight even after you started reading her as town. You also made the same mistake as me wrt leaving me alone the first day. You think I'm a good player? OK. Confront me. Try to get something out of me. Sometimes it doesn't work, but sometimes it does and you're tapping into all of my town power instead of leaving me a quiet mystery with my vote on scum. Also, you're aggressive as hell which is an absolutely wonderful thing, but this site has a slow pace. Which means you can attack the fuck out of someone and then when they do the appeal to emotion thing and start freaking out, you can back them the fuck down and give them a little space. Scum need to talk themselves all the way out of a lynch and not just keep townies unconvinced until time runs out, so that means you can do the step back if you want to, especially if your read's getting a bit jumbled. Good work in letting your gene townread carry you to victory.