Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 1687 (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:36 am

Post by Zaicon »

Newbie 1687

Welcome to Newbie 1687! The Mafia has infiltrated your town and killed the mayor!
It's up to you to discover the identities of the bad guys and bring peace back to your home!

Moderator:
Zaicon

Player List:

1)
Drixx
[IC]
2)
FrogSC2
guttsa

3)
kagesong

4)
literallypam

5)
notachipmunk

6)
PantherPunt
hawkleader3
[SE]
7)
PhantomCobalt
kirroha
[SE]
8)
Reubus Swagrid
[SE]
9)
Rufus Delorian

[SE] denotes a Semi-Experienced player.
[IC] denotes a Inexperience Challenged player. This player is here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.

Spoiler: Living Players
1) Drixx
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof

2) Reubus Swagrid
Vanilla Townie

Spoiler: Dead Players
1) literallypam
Mafia Goon
Lynched Day 1.

2) PantherPunt
Vanilla Townie
Killed Night 1.

3) PhantomCobalt
Vanilla Townie
Lynched Day 2.

4) FrogSC2
Vanilla Townie
Killed Night 2.

5) kagesong
Vanilla Townie
Lynched Day 3.

6) Rufus Delorian
Town Jailkeeper
Killed Night 3.

7) notachipmunk
Mafia Roleblocker
Lynched Day 4.

Game Links:

Day 1 | Night 1
Day 2 | Night 2
Day 3 | Night 3
Day 4
Game Over
Last edited by Zaicon on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Zaicon »

Game Rules

All Forum Rules and Guidelines should be followed, along with the following rules.

Game Timeline

• Day phases will last two weeks.
  • Night phases will last two days.

General Rules

• Do not quote your role PM or any other PM/QT communication from the mod.
  • Do not contact any player in or outside of the game about the game.
  • Do not use encrypted or hard-to-see text (including "invisible" text, text below the 50% text size option, or text hidden via BBCode (not including spoilered text)).
  • Do not edit or delete posts in this thread. If you made a formatting mistake, I will fix it for you (if it doesn't change the content of the post).

Activity

• If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 48 hours, other players may request a prod of that player.
  • If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 72 hours and another player hasn't made a request, I will prod that player.
  • If a player is prodded, that player has 24 hours to make an in-game post before a replacement will be found.
  • If a player receives multiple prods and/or prod-dodges excessively, that player will be subject to a force-replace.
  • If you are going to be absent for a specific period of time, please let me know ahead of time!

Votes and Lynching

• Votes must be in the format of VOTE: Player Name or
    VOTE: Player Name
    . Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it will count as a vote.
  • Unvotes are not necessary to change a vote.
  • A player will be lynched if a majority of the players have voted for that player.
  • You may vote for a
    No Lynch
    . If a majority of players vote for a No Lynch, the game will proceed to Night without a lynch.
  • All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until I lock the thread.
  • Once I have posted your death scene, you may not post ("bah" posts are not allowed).

Behavior

• Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. While this is a competitive game, no personal attacks will be tolerated.
  • Always play to your win condition.
  • Do not discuss this game anywhere else with anyone else unless your role allows you to.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Zaicon »

Game Setup

This game is using the standard Newbie Game setup, Matrix6. One row or one column will be randomly chosen from the table below and the remaining six roles will be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies as appropriate to create a total of 2 Mafia-aligned players and 7 Town-aligned players.

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Please note:
  • The Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the actions are submitted.
  • In applicable situations, a Roleblocker's action will resolve before a Jailkeeper's action.
  • In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.

Spoiler: List of Role PMs
Role PM wrote:You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

• During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • During the Night, you may sleep.

Win Condition

• You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

Town Cop

Abilities

• During the Night, you may investigate one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will receive a result in the form of
    You believe [target] to be [Guilty/Not Guilty]
    . If you did not successfully investigate someone, you will receive
    No Result

Win Condition

• You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

Town Doctor

Abilities

• During the Night, you may protect one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. You may not target yourself. You will not be informed as to the result of your protection.

Win Condition

Town Jailkeeper

Abilities

• During the Night, you may place one player in Jail by sending me the name of your target via PM. They will be protected from kills and prevented from using their own ability, if they have one. You cannot target yourself.

Win Condition

Town Tracker

Abilities

• During the Night, you may track one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will be told if that player targeted anyone and whom that player targeted.

Win Condition

Town 1-Shot Bulletproof

Abilities

• You will survive the first kill attempt made on you during the Night. You will not be informed if and when this happens.

Win Condition

Mafia Goon
with your partner, name (
role
).

Abilities

• As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by sending posting on the Mafia thread or sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • You may talk to your partner
    at any time, including the Day phase,
    in this thread.

Win Condition

• You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Mafia Roleblocker
with your partner, name (
Mafia Goon
).

Abilities

• Individually, you may roleblock one player by sending me the name of your target via the Mafia thread or by PM. You may both roleblock and kill during the same Night.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting on the Mafia thread or by sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • You may talk to your partner
    at any time, including the Day phase,
    in this thread.

Win Condition

• You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Zaicon »

With 8/9 confirmed, the game can begin!

Vote Count 1.0

No Vote (9):
Drixx, guttsa, hawkleader3, kagesong, kirroha, literallypam, notachipmunk, Reubus Swagrid, Rufus Delorian

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Tuesday, March 8, at 8:00 AM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-03-08 08:00:00).
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:19 am

Post by kirroha »

VOTE: Drixx

lynch the IC wooooo
with a chainsaw.
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:07 am

Post by hawkleader3 »

VOTE: notachipmunk

His claim of not being a chipmunk early seems panicky

Hey guys. I'm hawkleader3 and I've been in a few mafia games. Still learning, but I've played around 6 or so games. I wish you all the best of luck
guttsa
guttsa
Townie
guttsa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:40 am

Post by guttsa »

VOTE: VOTE: kirroha

kirroha wrote:VOTE: Drixx

lynch the IC wooooo

Wait, so you want the wiser person of the group to be lynched (In the first day)? And you seem happy about that?
That's like starting a PC/console game for the first time, select the tutorial in the main menu, and before the NPC can give you any tips, and info which might clear your doubts, you try to hit him/her in the face :!:
You're the kind of (unstable) individual that I'll stay away whenever I can.

- guttsa
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:26 am

Post by kirroha »

Drixx please come in and teach the newbies what is RVS : )
with a chainsaw.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Drixx »

kirroha wrote:Drixx please come in and teach the newbies what is RVS : )

Your wish is my command.

VOTE: kirroha for trying to get on my good side. Bwa ha ha. I don't have a good side!

IC Introduction:
Hello everyone. My name is Drixx and I am your IC for this game. IC is a bit of humor, standing for Inexperience Challenged. The IC is a volunteer position served by experienced players who wish to help newer folks have an enjoyable experience in their first games, and to help teach some of the basics of the game and answer any questions of mafia game theory which may arise. There are also SE players in the game, which means that they have played a certain number of games including at least one outside of the Road to Rome. SEs are not obligated to answer questions, nor are they obligated to answer honestly should they choose to answer any questions.

The IC position is not at all indicative of role or alignment, so anything I say using this color should not be used to judge my alignment. This also means that you can trust me to always be honest with you concerning questions of mafia theory, as I understand it, when I speak in this color as the game's IC. Some areas of theory are always evolving or have several viewpoints, and while I will do my best to be thorough, I also will try not to leave you with novels to read. If there are differing views, I will explain the ones I am familiar with and which particular part I agree with.

Please be aware that while I shall not lie to you in my role as IC, you should consider me just as likely as any other player in the game to be on the scum team. The roles are assigned randomly. This also means that while I will always be honest and helpful with my posts and answers about the game, you should be careful as sometimes an honest answer can be very misleading. Mafia is a game with many facets, and deception is one of the most valuable; especially for the scum team. As the game's IC, I have a private topic where I can post thoughts about the game as it progresses, and should there be any time where I choose to play differently than I would otherwise play, because I am the game's IC, I will make a note of it there so you can see after the game.

As a start: Since it takes only 5 votes on day one to lock someone, you should think carefully before placing a vote that might allow the scum team to lock a player. As the days move onward, the number of votes required lessens and placing a vote is something you will want to think about carefully. You can always state that you suspect someone. Generally this is done by using the acronym FoS, which means "Finger of Suspicion". If you place a vote that puts someone one vote away from being lynched, it is generally considered good form to put a bold warning that the player is at L-1 (Locking Votes minus 1). If a player is already at L-1, generally you should state an intent to vote and allow them time to give a final defense, reads, or make a claim.

Finally, there is plenty of time in each day phase, so be sure to discuss things with the rest of the players, ask questions, respond to questions from others, and check back in as often as you have the time. An active game is a great deal more fun than an inactive one.

Please do remember to keep things civil. A little humor never hurts, so long as it isn't in the form of a personal attack against other players. Mafia is a game that can sometimes inspire emotion, and if you get frustrated with another player, remember to attack the play and not the player. That's about it for my introductory post. If you have any questions for me, please bold them and put them on a new line starting with @Drixx or @IC to make sure that I see them, and I'll do my very best to answer it as quickly as possible.

I work as a professor in real life, so please feel free to ask as many questions as you would like; I really don't mind answering them.

Let's have a great game guys!

I've actually been under the weather with touch of winter flu; fever chills since last night. They've abated and I'm eating some chicken soup and hydrating, but I expect I'll be back shivering in bed before too much longer. Wanted to make sure I got my IC post up and let you guys know though.

@mod: V/LA 24 hours please
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Rufus Delorian
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Rufus Delorian »

VOTE: Hawkleader3

His claim of leading hawks sounds fishy to me.

Hi all, I've not played before but I've read through a couple of games and I think get the gist...or at least understand some of the acronyms.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by kirroha »

) : Bad Drixx. Bad OMGUS.
with a chainsaw.
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Post by kagesong »

Ummm...........not super forum smart here, sorry..... How does one get the white background for a vote????
notachipmunk
notachipmunk
she
Goon
notachipmunk
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by notachipmunk »

VOTE: Rufus Delorian

Their name reminds me of Back to the Future, and I wasn't much of a fan.
Rufus Delorian
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:45 pm

Post by Rufus Delorian »

Oddly enough, I've never actually seen the film.

Though just like the DeLorean car; I am a triumph of style over function, and my footprints set on fire when I travel through time.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:19 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

My reaction to daystart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r97u-GH6w2Y

VOTE: Drixx

Because Lieutenant Aldo Raine told me to in a dream I had last night
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:27 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

kagesong wrote:Ummm...........not super forum smart here, sorry..... How does one get the white background for a vote????

Code: Select all

[vote][/vote]

So type that (vote)(/vote) coding and insert a name between those two brackets and there ya go
notachipmunk
notachipmunk
she
Goon
notachipmunk
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:09 am

Post by notachipmunk »

That was mildly terrifying to watch this early in the morning, though I'm pretty sure replaying it about 10 times didn't help me much XD
Rufus Delorian
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Rufus Delorian »

VOTE: Reubus Swagrid

Voting for someone with the flu? Bally poor form, wot.
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:26 am

Post by kagesong »

(vote) Kirroha (/vote)

Was gonna vote Reubus for too much swag, but can't vote the first person to help me. So, blue hair wins the day :D :D congrats.
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:28 am

Post by kagesong »

Apparently I still did it wrong. >.> Alas, I SWEAR I followed directions, for once.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

kagesong wrote:Apparently I still did it wrong. >.> Alas, I SWEAR I followed directions, for once.

You're meant to use these brackets VOTE: VOTE: but the last one with a backslash before the vote like so:
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

Oh lord formatting

Just copy and paste whats in this box but put your vote in-between the coding

Code: Select all

[vote]INSERT PERSON YOU ARE VOTING HERE[/vote]