FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:54 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

Multiple people, especially newer players, attack and accuse me of scum convincingly now.

I'll give you a jump start:
I'm attacking Drixx, the leader of the Pam train. Use that and content as fuel for your arguments.
I've asked players questions, question my motives for those prods and reasonings for those questions.
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:57 am

Post by PantherPunt »

VOTE: kirroha

For science
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.4

literallypam (3):
Reubus Swagrid, Drixx, Rufus Delorian
FrogSC2 (2):
kirroha, notachipmunk
kirroha (2):
FrogSC2, PantherPunt
Rufus Delorian (1):
kagesong
Drixx (1):
literallypam

No Vote (0)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Tuesday, March 8, at 8:00 AM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-03-08 08:00:00).
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:27 am

Post by PantherPunt »

Would love to see Pam come move his vote
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:10 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

*mod prod*
notachipmunk
notachipmunk
she
Goon
notachipmunk
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:16 am

Post by notachipmunk »

FrogSC2 wrote:
The bottom line is once an obvious lynch appears in sight, there is no more realistic pressure on other players for reads, and there is no more content generated for the future of the game.

I think we're both now aligned in expanding our reads on other players, and asking targeted questions towards players for these purposes.

I'm mechanically pitting scum reads against each other, forcing them to comment on each other in a way that is public and must be honest.

I'm also teaching Town how to go about scum hunting instead of immediately feeding them my analysis.

FrogSC2 wrote:To put it bluntly, you've said you wanted to do one thing at this point:

Open up the game content by searching through previous posts and asking players questions, but you have hypocritically attacked me for doing so now.

Can you understand why I'm scum reading you and asking you in this tone now?

I'm suggesting your strategy is flawed as a town, in a way that is understandable for not only you, but for other players to understand the argument against you.

To address the content of your post that wasn't a fallacy and a personal attack:
The purpose of opening up my lines of questions are multipurposed as I've already stated. I'm not sure if you've read the purpose incorrectly by mistake or on purpose.

1. To pit scum reads against each other
2. To teach town how to scum hunt

At this point in the game, I've found plenty of pings here and there. Forcing players to interact will either increase those pings or level them off. It will also allow players to start thinking about other content they have missed so far.

But MOST importantly, it will DRIVE the creation of content. I don't think we agree with this fundamentally, even though you've expressed a contradictory sentiment to finish the day off in a literallypam lynch right now.

@Frog
I tried to grab from your Drixx interactions what I found to be most relevant from your responses, there's a lot and I wish I had a tl;dr =p
So I think you are legitimately trying to get some better interactions between people. I think questioning Drixx who is very much convinced literallypam is scum is a risk you were aware could almost make you look suspicious since pam=scum is the popular vote atm. You obviously thought that through since you want people to look into your interactions.
What I do want to know is, if nothing else changes between now and end of D1, do you want literallypam to be lynched? Since right now exploring other options at worst may split the vote, and at best may pick up on other player interactions. But regardless, does he scream scum in your opinion more than anyone else right now?

Also, are you suspicious of Drixx as scum in any way for focusing and being set on his scum read, or do you just want more interactions in general, from him and everyone else?

(if any of this was answered in your other posts by all means link them, this is more than I'm used to reading at one time!)
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:42 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

notachipmunk wrote:
FrogSC2 wrote:
The bottom line is once an obvious lynch appears in sight, there is no more realistic pressure on other players for reads, and there is no more content generated for the future of the game.

I think we're both now aligned in expanding our reads on other players, and asking targeted questions towards players for these purposes.

I'm mechanically pitting scum reads against each other, forcing them to comment on each other in a way that is public and must be honest.

I'm also teaching Town how to go about scum hunting instead of immediately feeding them my analysis.

FrogSC2 wrote:To put it bluntly, you've said you wanted to do one thing at this point:

Open up the game content by searching through previous posts and asking players questions, but you have hypocritically attacked me for doing so now.

Can you understand why I'm scum reading you and asking you in this tone now?

I'm suggesting your strategy is flawed as a town, in a way that is understandable for not only you, but for other players to understand the argument against you.

To address the content of your post that wasn't a fallacy and a personal attack:
The purpose of opening up my lines of questions are multipurposed as I've already stated. I'm not sure if you've read the purpose incorrectly by mistake or on purpose.

1. To pit scum reads against each other
2. To teach town how to scum hunt

At this point in the game, I've found plenty of pings here and there. Forcing players to interact will either increase those pings or level them off. It will also allow players to start thinking about other content they have missed so far.

But MOST importantly, it will DRIVE the creation of content. I don't think we agree with this fundamentally, even though you've expressed a contradictory sentiment to finish the day off in a literallypam lynch right now.

@Frog
I tried to grab from your Drixx interactions what I found to be most relevant from your responses, there's a lot and I wish I had a tl;dr =p
So I think you are legitimately trying to get some better interactions between people. I think questioning Drixx who is very much convinced literallypam is scum is a risk you were aware could almost make you look suspicious since pam=scum is the popular vote atm. You obviously thought that through since you want people to look into your interactions.
What I do want to know is, if nothing else changes between now and end of D1, do you want literallypam to be lynched? Since right now exploring other options at worst may split the vote, and at best may pick up on other player interactions. But regardless, does he scream scum in your opinion more than anyone else right now?

Also, are you suspicious of Drixx as scum in any way for focusing and being set on his scum read, or do you just want more interactions in general, from him and everyone else?

(if any of this was answered in your other posts by all means link them, this is more than I'm used to reading at one time!)

skunk drunk. waking up in 4 hours for work. (sunday funday does not exist for the gulf)

If you havent read between the lines, yes, Pam is basically a lock scum.

I'm entertaining players for POE purposes
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:44 am

Post by kirroha »

Sorry guys. Real life is too hectic so
I'm going to replace out of a few games which I haven't been able to catch up on

I need to do things that require less brain power.
with a chainsaw.
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by FrogSC2 »

kirroha wrote:Sorry guys. Real life is too hectic so
I'm going to replace out of a few games which I haven't been able to catch up on

RIP Poe replacement.

@Titus

Low effort game. Plox aggressive.

(Do tags work here?)
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Drixx »

Use reply or preview and there's quite a lot of tag explanation at the top. Also you guys come from the same place as Titus. Suddenly this game seems so much less Bizarre to me.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by FrogSC2 »

Drixx wrote:Use reply or preview and there's quite a lot of tag explanation at the top. Also you guys come from the same place as Titus. Suddenly this game seems so much less Bizarre to me.

TY for the site tip.

I've played with Titus in ±3 games on my home site across 3 years. All 20-35 games. One game on a central foreign site that happens to host all-star games. I've never played with Panther but we've seen each other's games. I don't know anyone else's current handles from this game across sites. For player meta reference. Don't treat anyone here as masons.
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by FrogSC2 »

^ Correction I've played in a 13er with Titus as well. I know her meta, and respect her style. I feel her aggressive style would benefit this newbie game for this slot. Am I allowed to PM Titus/other players to request her/anyones replacement for the slot?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Drixx »

Read the rules at the start of the game. Messaging a player about an ongoing game is a really big violation of the site rules here.

And anyway, you are doing very good at injecting aggressiveness into the game. You got me to respond, and with you two and me I think we can get the others involved more. Let's do it, yeah?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by kagesong »

Update, my PC crashed, I'm catching up, hope no issues
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by kagesong »

FrogSC2 wrote:@notachipmunk

4. This one is a different type of 'exercise' - explore kagesong's page 1 - page 2 posts. She accidentally derp cleared herself. Clearing townies is just as important as finding scum, or getting scum to slip.

"he" thank you. Did i choose the wrong pronoun?? Also, What is derp clear??
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by PantherPunt »

kirroha wrote:Sorry guys. Real life is too hectic so

I try to not be tilted by this type of shit but I can't help it. It's tilting.
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by PantherPunt »

Drixx wrote:Read the rules at the start of the game. Messaging a player about an ongoing game is a really big violation of the site rules here.

And anyway, you are doing very good at injecting aggressiveness into the game. You got me to respond, and with you two and me I think we can get the others involved more. Let's do it, yeah?

what's your read on frog?
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by kagesong »

ok WOW. So, between posts 199-203, I feel confident that I can swap my vote to pam. However, I will hold till EOD. I am less suspicious of Rufus, because I REALLY don't think a team would L-1 another scum in this case. On a larger game maybe, but not here. Too much risk.
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by kagesong »

PantherPunt wrote:
Drixx wrote:Read the rules at the start of the game. Messaging a player about an ongoing game is a really big violation of the site rules here.

what's your read on frog?

I'll answer this to. Frankly there seems to be 2 options, possibly both. 1 - Frog is legitimately trying to make the game more playable. 2 - He is trying to keep away from a Pamwagon because she's his partner. By pitting scum reads, we may be less likely to lynch Pam. Doubt it, but maybe.
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by PantherPunt »

Kage so town it hurts my eyes
notachipmunk
notachipmunk
she
Goon
notachipmunk
she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by notachipmunk »

Newb question but- is there a benefit to waiting till end of the day to do a lynch? Like is it to get more stances on players before something happens or to create pressure at the last minute?
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by kagesong »

PantherPunt wrote:Kage so town it hurts my eyes

Wait, me or Frog??
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by kagesong »

notachipmunk wrote:Newb question but- is there a benefit to waiting till end of the day to do a lynch? Like is it to get more stances on players before something happens or to create pressure at the last minute?

It seems that it would be a poor choice to create a lynch secure before we have the opportunity to investigate others for the next day.
notachipmunk
notachipmunk
she
Goon
notachipmunk
she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by notachipmunk »

kagesong wrote:
notachipmunk wrote:Newb question but- is there a benefit to waiting till end of the day to do a lynch? Like is it to get more stances on players before something happens or to create pressure at the last minute?

It seems that it would be a poor choice to create a lynch secure before we have the opportunity to investigate others for the next day.

Alrighty, that makes sense.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:53 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

Spoiler: Holy Shit that wall of text
FrogSC2 wrote:
Reubus Swagrid wrote:Also, welcome replacements. I've long awaited your arrivals

*waves* :-)

HAMMER TIME!

... jk

Please don't hammer.

If you want to start thinking mechanically, (the reason I want more conversation), work on POE (Process of Elimination) if/then's. Pretty small game, so there are only 6 alternatives.

Something like this.

POE (Process of Elimination) Last Will

Legend
D1 = Day 1
F3 = Final 3
MYLO = Mislynch and Lose

1)
POE:
literallypam!scum!D1
PlayerB!scum!D2

2)
POE:
literallypam!scum!D1
PlayerB!town!D2
PlayerC!scum!D3

3)
POE:
literallypam!scum!D1
PlayerB!town!D2
PlayerC!town!D3
PlayerD!F3!D4

4)
POE:
literallypam!town!D1
PlayerD!scum!D2
PlayerE!scum!D3

5)
POE:
literallypam!town!D1
PlayerD!scum!D2
PlayerE!town!D3
PlayerC!F3!D4

6)
POE:
literallypam!town!D1
PlayerD!town!D2
???!MYLO!D3

Point taken Frog. I really wanna generate some more reads here but nobody can be effed giving them. There's not much discussion here past, we cannot know for sure that Drixx is town and pam probably being scum. I see no reason why we should spare Pam today but for the sake of scumhunting we should hold it out until deadline.