Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:48 am

Post by notachipmunk »

FrogSC2 wrote:
notachipmunk wrote:
FrogSC2 wrote:
Rufus Delorian wrote:Well I called Literallypam completely wrong...woops.

I'd say Frog definitively claimed Jailkeeper before the night, surely that means the scum is me or him, I'd rather we lynch him first but I can definitely see people wanting me lynched...its a town win even if you do me then Frog so I'm not too bothered about order.

VOTE: FrogSC2

Lmfao. Learn what a decoy is.

And dude, if I didn't push the pam lynch, we'd be in square 1, so just no.

Can you explain why you did that JK thing Frog? I mean at first I was like yep sarcasm but after Rufus claimed and then you sorta kinda did too how does that "decoy" work - so Rufus would hopefully jail you to get 2 VTs?

I was hoping to be included as a potential night kill target.

I said "Sheriff Jailor" as a way to be as vague as possible, denoting a vague Town Power Role.

A friend of mine infamously claims Sheriff Jailor at the start of every game he plays.

The first part sounds legit, assuming you believed Rufus and did not want to lose a JK.
The vague thing is weird though - from what i've read vague claiming is something scum can do to cover multiple roles just in case a plan backfires and their initial claim is impossible.
But if Rufus
did
jail you like he said then that is a little less suspicious.
I do think the roleblocker idea that Rufus presented is also a valid possibility though.
Rufus Delorian
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Rufus Delorian »

If Frog's telling the truth about decoying, it's very odd that we both survived the night.

Although scum might have not wanted to guess & assumed one of us would be jailed so went for sure kill.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Drixx »

@mod - Does Jailkeeper or Roleblocker resolve first?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:02 am

Post by Drixx »

I'm tempted to lynch Frog today, just for suggesting that any sane mafia player would kill their only partner and for themselves into having to night kill 3 times and mislynch 3 times to win, all alone, and without getting caught.

To call that "distancing" might be the most absurd thing I've ever read in my life.
Rufus Delorian
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Rufus Delorian »

Roleblocker resolves first, it's under the role matrix, on phone so can't quote it easily.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:21 am

Post by Zaicon »

Zaicon wrote:Please note:
  • In applicable situations, a Roleblocker's action will resolve before a Jailkeeper's action.
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:32 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

In this case, we're scewed for the plan. Womp.

Also, I received notification that people who are jailkeept are not notified.
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:37 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

Drixx wrote:I'm tempted to lynch Frog today, just for suggesting that any sane mafia player would kill their only partner and for themselves into having to night kill 3 times and mislynch 3 times to win, all alone, and without getting caught.

To call that "distancing" might be the most absurd thing I've ever read in my life.

Zebras don't poop.

Now you've read something more absurd.

Honestly, I've played in vanilla games with 3 mafia, 12 town, the teammates bussed each other into oblivion days 1 and 2, and the final mafia won.

Distancing, or bussing, is a strategy where you don't want to be associated with your partner.

I agree with Drixx though, I don't want to pressure Drixx over others simply because of his role in developing the Pam train and keeping it focused.

While Reubus maintained the Pam train, I don't like that he's voting the only non counter-claimed TPR. Otherwise I'd have Reubus on the easily cleared list as well.

Notachipmunk joins the cleared train for pushing the Pam vote.

I'm a villa, and I've developed pro-town strategies, even the recent game breaking one that was apparently wrong.

UNLESS SOMEONE COUNTER CLAIMS RUFUS!!!

I think our square POE should be:
Kagesong
PhantomCobalt
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:39 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

IMO:
Kagesong - 1/2
PhantomCobalt - 1/2
Reubus - 3

If you want to replace me out with Reubus, totally fine with that. I think the game will be over before then anyway.
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:40 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

I kind of hate doing this to a newly replaced player, but:

VOTE: PhantomCobalt
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Drixx »

FrogSC2 - How do you know there's a roleblocker? There are two setups where a Jailkeeper can exist, and only one of them has a roleblocker.
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:42 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

FYI, this was my original POE train of thought. Assuming Rufus IS actually the Town TPR, PhantomCobalt would be next on the list.

2)
POE:
literallypam!scum!D1
Rufus Delorian!town!D2
kirroha!scum!D3
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:42 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

Drixx wrote:FrogSC2 - How do you know there's a roleblocker? There are two setups where a Jailkeeper can exist, and only one of them has a roleblocker.

I have absolutely no way of knowing
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:43 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

The point is, if there is a jailkeeper, there is a possibliity of a roleblocker, which has the potential to completely wreck my plan
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:44 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

I just realized. Assuming the vertical - DO NOT CLAIM BEING A BULLET PROOF! DO NOT DO IT!
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:45 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

I think Rufus hardclaiming jailkeeper D1 is very believable. I believe Rufus' claim almost entirely at this point unless it's counter claimed.
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:46 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

Going back over Kagesong and Kirroha's interactions regarding Pam
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:51 am

Post by FrogSC2 »

Yup.

Kagesong goes after Pam early and always keeps Pam in a firm FOS. That's a check + from me.

Kirroha literally never discusses Pam.
Rufus Delorian
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Rufus Delorian »

Ok, maybe I'm being dumb here.

What's the risk of claiming bulletproof? Unless two people do it...but then we've got 2 people to choose from as scum.

If no-one claims it, I can jail as directed and we've got a better chance of winning.

If only 1 person claims it, I can jail them. If they're lying, I'll have jailed a regular goon and there'll be no NK. If they're telling the truth, the scum would have to give up a night kill to convince us that the bulletproof guy is scum. It doesn't benefit them any more than just shooting someone else in the night.
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by FrogSC2 »

Rufus Delorian wrote:Ok, maybe I'm being dumb here.

What's the risk of claiming bulletproof? Unless two people do it...but then we've got 2 people to choose from as scum.

If no-one claims it, I can jail as directed and we've got a better chance of winning.

If only 1 person claims it, I can jail them. If they're lying, I'll have jailed a regular goon and there'll be no NK. If they're telling the truth, the scum would have to give up a night kill to convince us that the bulletproof guy is scum. It doesn't benefit them any more than just shooting someone else in the night.

If you are as you say you are, then there are 2 options.

1. a bullet proof claim
2. no other TPRs
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by FrogSC2 »

The bullet proof should absorb mafia shots.

Claiming bullet-proof instantly negates the mafia shots being absorbed.
FrogSC2
FrogSC2
Goon
FrogSC2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by FrogSC2 »

Zaicon wrote:
Game Setup

This game is using the standard Newbie Game setup, Matrix6. One row or one column will be randomly chosen from the table below and the remaining six roles will be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies as appropriate to create a total of 2 Mafia-aligned players and 7 Town-aligned players.

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Please note:
  • The Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the actions are submitted.
  • In applicable situations, a Roleblocker's action will resolve before a Jailkeeper's action.
  • In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.

Spoiler: List of Role PMs
Role PM wrote:You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

• During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • During the Night, you may sleep.

Win Condition

• You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

Town Cop

Abilities

• During the Night, you may investigate one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will receive a result in the form of
    You believe [target] to be [Guilty/Not Guilty]
    . If you did not successfully investigate someone, you will receive
    No Result

Win Condition

• You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

Town Doctor

Abilities

• During the Night, you may protect one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. You may not target yourself. You will not be informed as to the result of your protection.

Win Condition

Town Jailkeeper

Abilities

• During the Night, you may place one player in Jail by sending me the name of your target via PM. They will be protected from kills and prevented from using their own ability, if they have one. You cannot target yourself.

Win Condition

Town Tracker

Abilities

• During the Night, you may track one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will be told if that player targeted anyone and whom that player targeted.

Win Condition

Town 1-Shot Bulletproof

Abilities

• You will survive the first kill attempt made on you during the Night. You will not be informed if and when this happens.

Win Condition

Mafia Goon
with your partner, name (
role
).

Abilities

• As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by sending posting on the Mafia thread or sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • You may talk to your partner
    at any time, including the Day phase,
    in this thread.

Win Condition

• You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Mafia Roleblocker
with your partner, name (
Mafia Goon
).

Abilities

• Individually, you may roleblock one player by sending me the name of your target via the Mafia thread or by PM. You may both roleblock and kill during the same Night.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting on the Mafia thread or by sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
  • You may talk to your partner
    at any time, including the Day phase,
    in this thread.

Win Condition

• You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

For reference
Rufus Delorian
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Rufus Delorian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Rufus Delorian »

If we get a claim of bulletproof, we can ignore anyone I jail as being cleared because there's a roleblocker...bad for you obviously.

If no-one claims it, you're cleared and so is anyone I jail while a kill happens.

Seems to me like a decent trade-off for losing one possible bullet soaking.
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by kagesong »

FrogSC2 wrote:In this case, we're scewed for the plan. Womp.

Also, I received notification that people who are jailkeept are not notified.

@mod can you confirm this in any way?
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by kagesong »

Here's my though. Either lynch frog tonight, his plan seems to have enough holes in it that he could very well be trying to devise a strategy to distract from himself. Or, lynch PhantomCobalt. 2 possibilities, we win tonight, or lynch the other one and win tomorrow. That's the real POE. Since Frog claimed Rufus as town, I'm clearing him. I think he is attempting to get a counterclaim out of someone else so that his false counterclaim will be ignored.