Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Zyf »

this AYaLE_ person seems to have given up on the boards or something. Definitely will be requesting prod asap (I think that'd be at 9pm UTC)
Everyone else is now active tho.

Currently, I'm definitely not reading Fox as scum so I'm going to tentatively say Ranger-Sickofit scum team?
I'd like to hear their reads explained first before I go any further, but I'm struggling to decide which one I want to lynch...
Ranger is valuable as the IC but beeboy definitely also has enough experience to at least partially fill the role of the town investigation leader.
Sickofit on the other hand is a weaker read for me, it's just they seem to be trying to lead the conversation astray, they don't seem to be interested in giving valuable read explanations, and they read sad as scum because omgus...they just seem to be following ranger too closely...

Hrm...UNVOTE: ranger and VOTE: sickofit

Also, thanks fox, I'll hopefully see you in a bit.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

this account is ded now kthxbai
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:35 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 53, sad1492 wrote:Uh-huh. Scum reads on me because of only 1 post.
Opinion: Sick is simply sheeping Ranger, his partner. Zyf town.
Foses: not yet anyone. At least for another page
People please, scum reading ANYONE on the first page requires skill.
You're arguing against early scumreads and fos and at the same time scumreading sick/ranger as a team?
deranged and incoherent
?
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 74, Raskolnikov wrote:I find it hard to believe town ranger isn't townreading zyf, especially considering how she talks to him in which comes off as treating him town.

The last game I was in with her she was pretty actually apparent scum in that normally she wouldn't be completely misreading the game, assuming my own reads aren't off themselves. This isn't nearly as bad but still weird; I would expect her scumgame to be a lot better after that but then again this is hardly a red flag either. Ehh.
Do you think sickofit is following ranger as a scum team and that's why sick also didn't post their explanations?

Also to ranger: Unfortunately, deliberately not sharing your reads sets a precedent for the newbs like myself, so now I'm having difficulty reading sick as town, too. If everyone else follows your strategy, then we're basically toasted because no one can convince anyone else of...well...anything.

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 53, sad1492 wrote:Do you think sickofit is following ranger as a scum team and that's why sick also didn't post their explanations?
Not really?
I didn't notice at the time but sad's opinion there reads omgusy against the two for scumreading him just prior.
deranged and incoherent
?
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:45 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 76, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 53, sad1492 wrote:Uh-huh. Scum reads on me because of only 1 post.
You're arguing against early scumreads and fos and at the same time scumreading sick/ranger as a team?
I see what you're saying, but the difference is sad literally had posted once (on the first page) without any substantial thoughts yet ranger immediately read sad as scum. I think they took offense due to the one post + first page, not the fact that it's RVS rn.
That being said, I like your thinking. I'd like to put you in town.
Updated thoughts:
{Rask}
{...no one}
{beeboy, F o x, sad, Ayale}
{dvds-your lack of interest in getting any thoughts down bothers me, but it could easily be newb caution. Please, the more you put, the better it is for us as a town as a whole}
{Ranger, Sickofit}

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 78, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 53, sad1492 wrote:Do you think sickofit is following ranger as a scum team and that's why sick also didn't post their explanations?
Not really?
I didn't notice at the time but sad's opinion there reads omgusy against the two for scumreading him just prior.
True, true.
Anyway, gtg eat rn.

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:53 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

I can see where the sad read comes from though.
Sad coming in at that point, questioning your unvote yet voting a nullslot after what had already happened was a little off.
deranged and incoherent
?
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:00 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 81, Raskolnikov wrote:I can see where the sad read comes from though.
Sad coming in at that point, questioning your unvote yet voting a nullslot after what had already happened was a little off.
ffff my hand why do tables have corners

The nullslot vote is off, that is true. I would've expected them to vote beeboy...or if not, maybe me. I guess I see where your coming from.
Only problem is that now if sick posts they can use your argument, even tho they may be lying. Urk.

Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.3

sad1492 (2):
Sickofit1138, F-oh-ex
Sickofit1138 (2):
sad1492, Zyf
Ranger (1):
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov (1):
beeboy

No Vote (3):
Vandit24, dvds12, Ranger

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Wednesday, June 15, at 4:00 PM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-06-15 16:00:00).

Vandit24 replaces AYaLE_.
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Zyf »

Nice, welcome aboard, Vandit.
Interested mostly on your reads on Rask, Ranger, and sickofit.
Your mafia experience?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 70, Zyf wrote:
In post 12, sad1492 wrote:@Zyf: You don't really have to unvote... Just when I began to like your vote.
[/v]Sickofit1138VOTE: Sick of it.
This right here.
This is the only post that could make sad appear scum to ranger.
Sad's only played one previous game on the forum, so I suppose it could be that they appeared to be egging me on? Imo that's more jumping to conclusions than me saying beeboy's (joking) deception and (slightly disconcerting) sarcasm were signs of a scum.

Whenever ranger gets back though, I do have one more question for her:
If you think sad is scum, why are you not only giving no explanation but on top of that not voting? That decreases the pressure and lessens the necessity to respond. It's best to get them to respond to find who mafia is by PoE, right?
In post 77, Zyf wrote:
In post 74, Raskolnikov wrote:I find it hard to believe town ranger isn't townreading zyf, especially considering how she talks to him in which comes off as treating him town.

The last game I was in with her she was pretty actually apparent scum in that normally she wouldn't be completely misreading the game, assuming my own reads aren't off themselves. This isn't nearly as bad but still weird; I would expect her scumgame to be a lot better after that but then again this is hardly a red flag either. Ehh.
Do you think sickofit is following ranger as a scum team and that's why sick also didn't post their explanations?

Also to ranger: Unfortunately, deliberately not sharing your reads sets a precedent for the newbs like myself, so now I'm having difficulty reading sick as town, too. If everyone else follows your strategy, then we're basically toasted because no one can convince anyone else of...well...anything.
Whenever you get the time, ranger.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Zyf »

*Mr. Lonely plays in background*
Whenever beeboy gets back:
Do you still read rask as scum?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:14 am

Post by Zyf »

Sick, whenever you get back on, you'd better explain why you read sad as scum.

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:27 am

Post by Ranger »

sad wrote:Uh-huh. Scum reads on me because of only 1 post.
VOTE: sad.

As soon as I'm caught up, I'll explain my reads.
Zyf wrote:If you think sad is scum, why are you not only giving no explanation but on top of that not voting?
I rarely vote often unless I'm participating in the RVS, because when I do my lists, votes are often a giveaway for the strength behind them.
Raskolnikov wrote:I find it hard to believe town ranger isn't townreading zyf, especially considering how she talks to him in 51 which comes off as treating him town.
I didn't say anything about not townreading them, now, did I?
Quite the RANGE.
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
Game History
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 88, Ranger wrote:
sad wrote:Uh-huh. Scum reads on me because of only 1 post.
VOTE: sad.

As soon as I'm caught up, I'll explain my reads.
Zyf wrote:If you think sad is scum, why are you not only giving no explanation but on top of that not voting?
I rarely vote often unless I'm participating in the RVS, because when I do my lists, votes are often a giveaway for the strength behind them.
Raskolnikov wrote:I find it hard to believe town ranger isn't townreading zyf, especially considering how she talks to him in 51 which comes off as treating him town.
I didn't say anything about not townreading them, now, did I?
*waits impatiently after 6 hours of no activity*

sad1492
sad1492
Goon
sad1492
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:50 am

Post by sad1492 »

Beeboy once posted a Ranger-style list, with me at the bottom. She is, however, not fosing me anymore. Worth an explanation.
Fox town. Zyf town (is this ur first game? Good job).
I am trying to get a meta on Ranger. Is this kind of list what he always use, his explanations before hand, etc...
Also, shouldnt ICs have a special post "hey,Im your IC which stands for inexperience-challenged......"
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Ranger »

So! Explanation time. Normally I'd save this for a bit later (like, ten pages or so when we're well out of the RVS), but this is a newbie game, so I'll sacrifice
some
potential information gain in order to hopefully foster engagement.
{beeboy}
{dvds}
{Zyf, sad}
At the time I made this post, beeboy was a townread because he immediately went into a fairly relaxed, joking mood. I had no problem with , and then we got his . He was casual, having fun, and generally just playing with people. His interest in townreading Zyf off of also felt natural: in spite of it being good fun, it showed he was still being serious in searching for scum. However, on the first page, that was not very strong. Since then, nothing he has done has changed that mild townread.

dvds was a null read, for : I couldn't read it one way or another. , , and all push that into a townlean, but not quite as strong as on beeboy.

Zyf was initially a scumread because I didn't like . was alright, but I also wasn't fond of . Then, we got , in which Zyf unvoted, which I thought they wouldn't do if town. This changed when Zyf posted : the innocent way Zyf thought I was townreading them and scumreading beeboy was something which seemed
ridiculously
town. certainly helped as well. What kept him in the middle category (which was nulltown) was basically more of the same initial things I didn't like, from , , , , and .

Since then, I've concluded that it's probably just their style, so yes, when I responded to , I thought I was talking to someone who is town.

For sad, it's really simple.
Sad wrote:@Zyf: You don't really have to unvote... Just when I began to like your vote.
[/v]Sickofit1138VOTE: Sick of it.
Here, Sad says he liked the beeboy vote. He also has a comment towards Zyf which could be worth voting. Instead of pursuing these, he instead goes after a completely different player, Sickofit, absolutely randomly. If Sad were town, I would expect him to act similarly to Zyf: jumping at every minuscule detail that could potentially be a lead, but instead, we get this awkward and out of place RVS, while commenting on the play of others.

strengthened this. Aside from having a bad tone, there's caught for the wrong reasons
sad wrote:People please, scum reading ANYONE on the first page requires skill.
And also continued dissonance:
Foses: not yet anyone.
Furthermore,
At least for another page
This implies sad's reads are fake.

As for Raskolnikov, Sickofit, and now F-oh-ex, they remain nulltown. Raskolnikov's vote in vaguely made me think town, but I can see it coming from Rask as scum. accurately reflects a fair share of my thoughts at the time, something Raskolnikov could not have known. In , Raskolnikov also focuses on Sad, which is a further good sign. What keeps the read from being stronger is that since then, I haven't seen anything which strongly says without a doubt that Rask is not putting on a good show.

Sickofit is mostly a gut read. I liked his entrance, but there's nothing concrete about it to tell me, definitively, "oh yeah, that's why he's town".

A similar feeling applies for F-oh-ex. There's basically no content there, but the entrance didn't feel like a scum one.

So given that, my reads currently look something like this:
{beeboy}
{Zyf}
{Raskolnikov, dvds}
{F-oh-ex, Sickofit}
{the new player}
{sad}
Though Raskolnikov
may
deserve to be a tier higher.
Quite the RANGE.
- RadiantCowbells
- Plotinus
Game History
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 90, sad1492 wrote:Beeboy once posted a Ranger-style list, with me at the bottom. She is, however, not fosing me anymore. Worth an explanation.
Fox town. Zyf town (is this ur first game? Good job).
I am trying to get a meta on Ranger. Is this kind of list what he always use, his explanations before hand, etc...
Also, shouldnt ICs have a special post "hey,Im your IC which stands for inexperience-challenged......"
It's marked in the OP, so it's pretty clear.
Fun fact: ranger is a she XD

Also yeah this is my first maf game ever.

Anyway I hope you're on for when ranger explains their scumread.

Fox: still waiting on that post with the reads. It's been a while, but if you were busy, then it's fine.

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Ranger »

sad wrote:Also, shouldnt ICs have a special post "hey,Im your IC which stands for inexperience-challenged......"
If I felt that was needed.

You all seem competent enough to not need it from me.

I'll mostly just be teaching by example unless the need comes for me to say otherwise. (For instance, do as I say not as I do applies to how many games I play. Seriously, don't play in like five to ten games at once.)
Quite the RANGE.
- RadiantCowbells
- Plotinus
Game History
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Zyf »

Ranger: Ok, thank you /so/ much for finally posting that.
Now that that's been all explained you're definitely in null for me.

As for my playstyle, is the inconsistency what's bothering you?

If so, it's mainly probably because...well, I've been home sick these past few days and whenever I'm not studying for my exams tomorrow I've been here. So I've had a LOT of time to think. However, I do think it works to my advantage in a day one scenario as it gives me the freedom to nudge people in all directions.
A substantial amount of my changed reads come from posts that make people appear more town.

So here's my question to you:
What's your thoughts on sick's reads that came directly after yours?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Zyf »

Yeah I think it's the flighty play that's bothering you, and it's definitely because I've been getting impatient.

A good number of those posts come from my lack of confidence in my own reads, especially considering that, y'know, the IC in the thread has the complete opposite thought process as me. XD

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by Zyf »

Sad, response?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Zyf »

Beeboy, what are your reads as of now?

In fact, what are everyone's reads right now, because as far as I can tell it's a giant jumbled mix of different thoughts.
For the most part, all I get is that I've been tentatively established as not scum for now (meaning I'm a possible NK candidate) and sad is appearing scum to everyone else but me due to a lot of inconsistencies.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Zyf »

Hey
@Zaicon
do mafia get time to coordinate strats before the game starts or do they go in blind?

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by Zyf »

Yo where did everyone go