Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Accountant »

I seem to be getting votes because of my support of you
That's not true at all. You're getting votes for inconsistency with stated reads vs voting patterns - like hesitating to vote a scumread because they already have a vote on them. This is a giant misrepresentation of the case against you.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:54 am

Post by Accountant »

For the record I basically didn't realize and so didn't call. I do my best to call out L-1s as I see them, but they far from the top priority I have. I can show you a couple of other games where I was town and missed calling L-1s.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Accountant »

Adding to that, I have a problem with Accountant calling out possible townee posts day one. If he isn't controlling the night kill he is at the very least influencing it.
Oh yeah, and Icy is also trying to tell me I should have communicated less and be less transparent about my reads. He needs to eat rope.

Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:05 am

Post by Icy »

In post 118, Huntress wrote:
In post 98, Accountant wrote:So Icy responds fairly promptly earlier on, then goes quiet when the hard questions are asked? Inactivity isn't a scumtell, but convenient inactivity in response to pressure is.
Icy has been posting around the same time every day, so where was the inactivity?

In post 101, Icy wrote:That's just not true. I wasn't aware that I was to be available 24/7 when I subbed in. I usually only play in the morning. I'll try to log in more often.
It's ok if you can't be on all the time as long as you can post at least once or twice a day. Some players like to post a lot more but it's not a requirement.
In post 102, Icy wrote:Not a distraction at all. I felt after reading day one that either Vampirate, or Shadowlancerx would be the night kill.
What reactions or responses were you looking for when you raised the subject?

In post 115, Icy wrote:... the reasoning behind the vote was weak. It appeared to me that he would have used that same reason on any townee that voted Penguin.
Why is that a reason for voting him?
To give the same reaction to the same action, whichever player made it, doesn't read as scummy to me. Yes, the reason was weak, but it's unusual to have strong reasons for voting anyone on page three of a game.
As a somewhat new player I'm struggling with "when does information help scum more than town", and "does everyone see what I see." I was looking for anyone to admit that in game posts could have influenced that night kill.

Maybe the reason for my vote on her wasn't good. It seemed to me at the time and still does like Accountants reason could have been used on anyone voting Penguin. After day one both seemed scummy to me.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

VOTE: Icy
You just seem far too inconsistent, I'm not a fan of how you subtly change your narrative as you go.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Icy »

I'm not saying it should, or shouldn't be done. What I am saying is in HIS POST #26, it seems to read that it should be done.

Why post it should be done then not do it?
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:18 am

Post by Accountant »

Accountants reason could have been used on anyone voting Penguin. After day one both seemed scummy to me.
Why the Jimminy Cricket does that make me scum or the reasoning invalid??? This is not the first time you have dodged a question or failed to answer questions posed to you. You think they'll go away if you ignore them??

Face the music, Icy. You've been caught. Put your hands against the wall, do not move and do not resist arrest. You have the right ti remain silent as we lynch you.

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:21 am

Post by Accountant »

Okay, just realized that maybe you haven't read up. Tell me when you have.

Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Icy »

In post 28, Accountant wrote:ShadowlancerX and Blix900, would be good if you can get an avatar! they help players identify your posts quickly.

Also, shadowlancer is newbtown to a T. Scum are paranoid about dying, especially early on in the game, and so they do not vote themselves to L-1.
In post 56, Accountant wrote:Vampirate is probably town
This is a game of numbers. If any townee agreed with Accountant (which I did) and Scum nightkilled player C that would leave one less possible scum player. The longer the game goes the worse it gets for the scum team.

The smart night kill was one of those two players.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:45 am

Post by Icy »

In post 131, Accountant wrote:
Accountants reason could have been used on anyone voting Penguin. After day one both seemed scummy to me.
Why the Jimminy Cricket does that make me scum or the reasoning invalid??? This is not the first time you have dodged a question or failed to answer questions posed to you. You think they'll go away if you ignore them??

Face the music, Icy. You've been caught. Put your hands against the wall, do not move and do not resist arrest. You have the right ti remain silent as we lynch you.
Did I say the reason was invalid, or weak, lame and sorry? The reason made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and my gut hurt. That along with your day one play made you my vote.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:47 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 133, Icy wrote:
In post 28, Accountant wrote:ShadowlancerX and Blix900, would be good if you can get an avatar! they help players identify your posts quickly.

Also, shadowlancer is newbtown to a T. Scum are paranoid about dying, especially early on in the game, and so they do not vote themselves to L-1.
This is a game of numbers. If any townee agreed with Accountant (which I did) and Scum nightkilled player C that would leave one less possible scum player. The longer the game goes the worse it gets for the scum team.

So basically regardless of what we do today, I'm going to die tonight?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:04 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 133, Icy wrote:

But why would scum announce that to the rest of the players instead of silently picking them off?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:28 am

Post by BlackVoid »

@Accountant, I'm going to hold on to my vote for now. Not ready to end the day until we see content from HinanawiScarlet who has only five posts and none of them are original content. He agrees that Penguin accidentally voted Blix900 but doesn't take a stance on Penguin's alignment, agrees that Icy's question about the nightkill was a distraction, and restates the same question everyone else asked Icy. I don't think he works as a partner with Icy though so I need to rethink one of those reads.

@Icy, I get why you voted Accountant but that doesn't really answer my question. You said regarding Penguin "
If there wasn't a vote on him already I would have voted there
." Can you walk me through what you were thinking at this point? Why did it matter that Huntress's vote was on Penguin? In your later posts, you seem to deny it entirely and say it doesn't matter so I don't follow. Also, you are not getting votes because of your support for Penguin. My issue is more that your stances on Accountant and Penguin are contradictory and you are backtracking. Accountant was clear about townreading Penguin and thinking that scum would push him. While I don't agree, I can see a coherent thought process there. I'm more interested in how easily I can understand where someone's coming from than in whether I agree with them.
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 134, Icy wrote:
In post 131, Accountant wrote:

Did I say the reason was invalid, or weak, lame and sorry? The reason made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and my gut hurt. That along with your day one play made you my vote.
Oh, so
now
the story is "my read was gut all along! :D"

No. This is scum who has realized they talked themselves into a corner and are trying to spin it as a gut read, which conveniently can't be explained(because it's GUT!!!!).

And it is indeed a pure gut read because I've already debunked his nonsense about me intentionally not L-1ing(I notice he didn't take me up on my offer to post games where I L-1ed accidentally as town, like actual town trying to discern my alignment would) and his other nonsense about me trying to control the night kill by townreading people.

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Accountant »

By the way, this is an argument for town!Accountant being bad and telling the scum players who to kill, because it presumes that scum are killing people based on how much they're being townread; of course for this line of logic to make sense, the person doing the townreading(ie. me) has to be town themselves.

I thought you were scumreading me, Icy. Do you subconsciously know I'm not a member of the scumteam?

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:35 am

Post by Accountant »

I don't think he works as a partner with Icy though so I need to rethink one of those reads.
What makes you think this BlackVoid?

BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:42 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Hinanawi's posts and looked like they were just sheeping general concensus on Icy. If they were partners, I'd expect either a stronger push for towncred upon bussing, or an attempt to drive a counterwagon to save Icy. Instead, we have the lazy "yeah, I agree with everyone about Icy."
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:44 am

Post by Accountant »

Makes sense.

Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Icy »

In post 136, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 133, Icy wrote:

But why would scum announce that to the rest of the players instead of silently picking them off?
I don't know why anyone would announce it.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Icy »

In post 137, BlackVoid wrote:@Accountant, I'm going to hold on to my vote for now. Not ready to end the day until we see content from HinanawiScarlet who has only five posts and none of them are original content. He agrees that Penguin accidentally voted Blix900 but doesn't take a stance on Penguin's alignment, agrees that Icy's question about the nightkill was a distraction, and restates the same question everyone else asked Icy. I don't think he works as a partner with Icy though so I need to rethink one of those reads.

@Icy, I get why you voted Accountant but that doesn't really answer my question. You said regarding Penguin "
If there wasn't a vote on him already I would have voted there
." Can you walk me through what you were thinking at this point? Why did it matter that Huntress's vote was on Penguin? In your later posts, you seem to deny it entirely and say it doesn't matter so I don't follow. Also, you are not getting votes because of your support for Penguin. My issue is more that your stances on Accountant and Penguin are contradictory and you are backtracking. Accountant was clear about townreading Penguin and thinking that scum would push him. While I don't agree, I can see a coherent thought process there. I'm more interested in how easily I can understand where someone's coming from than in whether I agree with them.
What I was thinking.

Penguin and Accountant were my top two. Penguin 1, Accountant 1a. At that point Huntress had voted Penguin, and Accountant voted Huntress. There was already some pressure on Penguin and Accountants reason for vote (valid or not) bothered me. Rather than put more pressure on Penguin and let Accountant slide. I decided to apply some pressure to Accountant by voting him.

Had Accountant not voted Huntress I would have voted Penguin.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Icy »

In post 139, Accountant wrote:

By the way, this is an argument for town!Accountant being bad and telling the scum players who to kill, because it presumes that scum are killing people based on how much they're being townread; of course for this line of logic to make sense, the person doing the townreading(ie. me) has to be town themselves.

I thought you were scumreading me, Icy.
Do you subconsciously know I'm not a member of the scumteam?
So you admit you know
I'm Town
!!!!!!!
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Accountant »

I don't know why anyone would announce it.
So why the hell would you write this as your reason for scumreading me? To scumread someone, you find something they do, explain why scum would do this and link the two to conclude theg are scum. You're completely missing the second step, and someone who's been here since March would know better.

If you can't explain why scum would do something, there's no valid reason to scumread someone for doing that thing.

There was already some pressure on Penguin and Accountants reason for vote (valid or not) bothered me. Rather than put more pressure on Penguin and let Accountant slide. I decided to apply some pressure to Accountant by voting him.

Had Accountant not voted Huntress I would have voted Penguin.
You're so full of shit, Icy. Real town want to wagon and kill their scumreads. They want to pile votes on top of them and shove them into the noose, like I'm doing to you right now. Someone who had the mindset of wanting to kill Penguin but not wanting to let me slide would have voted Penguin and then verbally put pressure on me by calling me out and shit.

This is terrible logic. Die! Die! Die!

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 145, Icy wrote:So you admit you know I'm Town!!!!!!!
???????

That line you quoted was me implying you're scum who knows that
I'm
town.

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:53 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 145, Icy wrote:So you admit you know I'm Town!!!!!!!
I don't know how you got that from his post. He was insinuating that you were scum with the knowledge he was not.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:22 am

Post by Icy »

Subconsciously: acting or existing without one's awareness

If I were scum I would know you were town, my subconscious wouldn't be fighting me.