BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Ah okay. I assumed request for claim at L-1 is the same as intent. Why are you townreading Scarlet?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Not going to discuss reads in twilight. We can talk about it tomorrow if I'm still alive.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 2.FinalImage

Huntress (4)
PenguinPower (1)
Accountant (2)
, ,

Deadline is on Saturday, October 8th: (expired on 2016-10-08 16:00:00)

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Huntress was lynched! She was

Spoiler:
mhsmith0 wrote:
1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome!

You are a
1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Night has fallen.
Deadline is on Tuesday, October 3rd: (expired on 2016-10-03 20:00:00)
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

PenguinPower was killed! He was

Spoiler:
mhsmith0 wrote:
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Day three has dawned.
Deadline is on Monday, October 17th: (expired on 2016-10-17 20:00:00)
Show
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

Okay uh

I know this looks bad but I can totally explain

I don't have the time to post right now but give me a few hours and I'll defend myself, I promise.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by Accountant »

Currently two scum remain alive - I think Icy and Shadow are town, which means Black and Scarlet must be scum, the dirty connivers.

No matter who you think is scum, please don't make a vote yet. This is LyLo, and there's really no benefit to voting someone.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Saying I'm scum with Scarlet is odd given I've been pushing him most of the game. Scarlet probably is scum though and I'm not sure who the partner is so I'm going to have to look over interactions.

@Scarlet, why did you vote Huntress when you said that Accountant was more suspicious?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 210, hinanawiscarlet wrote:And if you think that Huntress is town and I'm scum, why would I interfere with the vote number? He's got 2 votes.
In hindsight, this post sets off my gut. It seemed like a supposed towntell but it was way overdone.
In post 201, hinanawiscarlet wrote:I propose that right here, right now, to lynch me and see what I would flip. If I happen to flip a town, it's likely that Accountant is a scum in disguise.
In post 277, hinanawiscarlet wrote:I trust my gut better than my mom's life decisions for me
VOTE: Huntress
Looking back at Scarlet's posts with the knowledge that Huntress is town, I find Shadow's posts opportunistic. The first quote shows a pretty strong conviction. He's so sure that Accountant is scum that he's willing to flip himself, never mentioned anything about Huntress in the intervening time, and then voted Huntress. His only posts about Accountant were that he suspected him.
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 332, BlackVoid wrote:Saying I'm scum with Scarlet is odd given I've been pushing him most of the game. Scarlet probably is scum though and I'm not sure who the partner is so I'm going to have to look over interactions.

@Scarlet, why did you vote Huntress when you said that Accountant was more suspicious?
Okay, let's lynch Scarlet together. Maybe I'm wrong about you.

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:45 pm

Post by Accountant »

So, the reason I offered myself as tribute and offered to get lynched today if Huntress doesn't flip scum is because I
really really really
thought Huntress was scum. Apparently I was wrong. Which is extremely weird, because I'd strongly expect scum to push Huntress the moment I leapt onto Huntress. However! People are wrong a lot of the time, including me! So I guess I was wrong. I'm going to go ahead and do something very selfish and say that I'm sneakily retracting my promise to let myself get lynched. Because, you know, I'm town, and if i get lynched, we lose this game right now. Only it's not selfish, because everyone loses if I die. So I'm not going to let myself die here.

Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:38 am

Post by Icy »

In post 238, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 169, Accountant wrote:Shadowlancer isn't scum. Newbscum doesnt L-1 themselves early on the game.
Unless they have an IC coaching them pre-game not to worry about it.
In post 170, Accountant wrote:This vote confirms PP as town.
I don't get why you're buddying me.
In post 187, Accountant wrote:
In post 186, PenguinPower wrote:I'm getting a really bad feeling that Accountant may be scum leading the town.
TRUST

YOU GOTTA HAVE TRUST

(also, why would I bother switching off Icy if I was scum)
Can't trust an IC who is buddying me. You swapped off Icy because it makes you look more towny.
In post 223, Accountant wrote:Huntress is the only scum I'm 100% absolutely sure of. Vote her or me, pick your side.
In post 224, Accountant wrote:If Huntress flips town, I want everyone to lynch me tomorrow.
I'm actually wanting to do this as the inverse.
In post 232, Accountant wrote:To be blunt, I don't think the setup is relevant right now.
Agreed, but I can't shake the feeling that you and Shadow are scumbuddies. More confident in you.

VOTE: Accountant
Now that we know Penguin was town this whole post becomes relevant. Also let us not forget that
Townee Huntress
died with her vote on Accountant.
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:40 am

Post by Accountant »

Don't be a pooper, Icy, penguin died with HIS vote on Huntress. He outright said he didn't think I was scum and his gut was bad.

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:41 am

Post by Accountant »

You were pushing that me and Huntress were both town earlier. What changed? In fact, you claimed Mafia would push me after Huntress flipped town.

Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Icy »

In post 338, Accountant wrote:You were pushing that me and Huntress were both town earlier. What changed? In fact, you claimed Mafia would push me after Huntress flipped town.
My reads were based on Penguin being Scum.
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 339, Icy wrote:
In post 338, Accountant wrote:You were pushing that me and Huntress were both town earlier. What changed? In fact, you claimed Mafia would push me after Huntress flipped town.
My reads were based on Penguin being Scum.
why does penguin being town mean I'm scum is the question I'm trying to ask you

Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

End of Month at work, I will be posting later today when I can.
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:11 am

Post by hinanawiscarlet »

I was wrong, okay? It was just gut at first. I reread Accountant's posts and I decided to vote Huntress.

Now that I know that Huntress is town, scumread Accountant again. He feels like directing the lynch.

Also, since this is lylo, I think it's time to claim the power town role. Is it jailkeeper or tracker?
hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by hinanawiscarlet »

In post 326, PenguinPower wrote:Not going to discuss reads in twilight. We can talk about it tomorrow if I'm still alive.

And I would kill him for this?
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Thanks for waiting on me. After work today I reread the game (didn't over the weekend because I didn't expect to be alive for it to matter).
I'm more confident in scum Accountant than anything else at this point, so I went through his posts and this is what I found:

I believe that Accountant lead us on. And there were a couple of instances where he lost his patience and gave some indications of what was really going on.
Posts 114 and 116 were the first examples; in 114 he openly tried to lead blackvoid to an icy vote, and if he and void are scumbuddies, this reads as more menacing. In 116, you respond to a pretty well thought out post by Icy by saying that everything Icy said was a lie, thus carrying on his attack without needing to actually respond to the post.
Post 184 is terrifying, because he openly admits that he doesn't mind a derphammer on Huntress, which doesn't sit right with me, and it shouldn't for any town player. Derphammers make the day end, and that deprives a huge amount of potential information from the town, and generally just makes the game favor a Mafia win. Post 187 follows this with a call for trust, but the issue of a quick hammer isn't about trust, it's about what's good for town. Post 224 Accountant: "If Huntress flips town, I want everyone to lynch me tomorrow." This feels like reverse psychology, almost put here so that you could say later "why would scumAccountant say this?" With the answer being, because it works as a way to clear him. Doing the opposite of what we would expect so that we trip up and he gets away with it. Posts 256/261 are subtle, but show a sense of gloating, he didn't answer because he had Huntress at his mercy.

Because we are in LyLo, I'm not placing a vote, but in spirit my vote is on Accountant.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 342, hinanawiscarlet wrote:I was wrong, okay? It was just gut at first. I reread Accountant's posts and I decided to vote Huntress.

Now that I know that Huntress is town, scumread Accountant again. He feels like directing the lynch.

Also, since this is lylo, I think it's time to claim the power town role. Is it jailkeeper or tracker?
This post makes me uneasy. I don't know whether it's good to get a claim here or not, there are way too many variables in play, but you're suggesting it without any reasoning to back it up?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Icy »

Read the thread, I only moved my vote off you when I was sure Penguin was Scum.
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:38 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 346, Icy wrote:
Read the thread, I only moved my vote off you when I was sure Penguin was Scum.
Earlier, you said "Huntress will flip town and the scum team will push Accountant, winning the game"(post 295). That means you thought I was town at the time.

Between then and now, two people flipped - Huntress and PP. Your quote already presumes Huntress town, so it must not have changed your stance at all. In other words, PP flipping town must have convinced you somehow that I am scum. My question is "how?"

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Accountant »

Why is me directing the lynch proof that I am scum? Town directs lynches all the time.

Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:40 am

Post by Icy »

The two things that bother me the most are your move off me, and this quote.
In post 139, Accountant wrote:

This is a game of numbers. If any townee agreed with Accountant (which I did) and Scum nightkilled player C that would leave one less possible scum player. The longer the game goes the worse it gets for the scum team.

The smart night kill was one of those two players.
By the way, this is an argument for town!Accountant being bad and telling the scum players who to kill, because it presumes that scum are killing people based on how much they're being townread; of course for this line of logic to make sense, the person doing the townreading(ie. me) has to be town themselves.

I thought you were scumreading me, Icy.
Do you subconsciously know I'm not a member of the scumteam?
Penguin mentioned town credit, but that only works if I'm night killed. (likely your plan when you moved off me) Given my late game support of you it's likely you went after someone who was unsure of you instead. I can't think of any other reason for you to walk away from me.

Your quote above is also troubling. If I were Scum I'd know your alliance. That was a Scum slip.