Application of WOTC

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Forum rules
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 42, Frozen Angel wrote:I am just saying you need to be decent enough to talk about your issues with the person you have issues with before using any enforcement methods
I'm not sure why you're assuming this hasn't happened in virtually every case.

These things don't happen in a vacuum.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 50, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 42, Frozen Angel wrote:I am just saying you need to be decent enough to talk about your issues with the person you have issues with before using any enforcement methods
I'm not sure why you're assuming this hasn't happened in virtually every case.

These things don't happen in a vacuum.
once I saw mod asking players if they have issues with X express them privately (after first request). without informing even who was the ones requesting that the person got wotced. We wondered for weeks who were the three people wotcing in that friendly playerlist and we didn't figure it out.

It happens in vacuum sometimes and its just awful. some players just confirm they have problems with X and people like X to help the first WOTC'er out.

@shadoweh ,can you please show me a case when it happened completely privately without the players being informed that some are wotcing? I'm curios to see one example for that. That seems more fair cause it happens only in very rare circumstances.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I'm tired and I really don't enjoy talking about this.

its just another topic that you all right about and I am wrong about by your definitions of right and wrong and we won't ever reach a unified conclusion about it and will just make me angry and exhausted and will give me a headache.

use your methods! I don't care really! :]

I love you all. good night

Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 51, Frozen Angel wrote: once I saw mod asking players if they have issues with X express them privately (after first request). without informing even who was the ones requesting that the person got wotced. We wondered for weeks who were the three people wotcing in that friendly playerlist and we didn't figure it out.

It happens in vacuum sometimes and its just awful. some players just confirm they have problems with X and people like X to help the first WOTC'er out.

@shadoweh ,can you please show me a case when it happened completely privately without the players being informed that some are wotcing? I'm curios to see one example for that. That seems more fair cause it happens only in very rare circumstances.
How would I show you an example of someone who was wotc'd privately? :P
This is #memory anyways but I believe it happened to Uberninja at some point. The entire point is that people didn't make a public fuss of it.

And again, there is no reason to be entitled to know who raised an issue with another player. There is no trial, this isn't a court of law, mods get to handle games effectively how they want to.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:48 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

The solution is for everyone to publicly out who they want to WOTC, then compile big aggregate lists from that and use the results as a second speakeasy popularity contest.
deranged and incoherent
?
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 53, Shadoweh wrote:And again, there is no reason to be entitled to know who raised an issue with another player. There is no trial, this isn't a court of law, mods get to handle games effectively how they want to.
:up:
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Firebringer »

I think it's kind of silly mods can refuse to tell you who has issue with you in games so you can avoid them in turn.
I got forced out of a game a year ago by mod. Had no idea who did it, asked the mod if I could be told who did it. Wouldn't tell me.
Take a turn year later, found out it was the mod who has issue with me and has been wotm from everyone of his games I signed up for.

He simply said this to me, Probably just avoid his games, but I had to start paranoid pm players "why are you removing me?"
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 54, Raskolnikov wrote:The solution is for everyone to publicly out who they want to WOTC, then compile big aggregate lists from that and use the results as a second speakeasy popularity contest.
We had this and then they had to go and close Forum62 :(
Kappa
Just Monika
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:11 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 49, Shadoweh wrote:To me it's like imagining if our report system let people see who reported them
i don't actually think that's a bad thing, but then i also think if you're too afraid of what other people think of you that you're not going to do it if they know you're doing it then you have some serious issues so *shrug*

i don't really like the whole "talk behind their back about them" mentality it promotes and it's just a cowardly thing to do

but i understand that cowards exist and need an outlet so whatever
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 49, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 34, zMuffinMan wrote:the reasoning behind not making it public is something like "it creates more drama" but then you get threads like this where people who have been WOTCd or are close to someone who has been WOTCd whine about how bad a system it is
WOTC used to be done quietly and I imagine it still happens that way most of the time. People don't like to cause conflict and a private way of saying they're not comfortable with a person in the game makes it more likely people speak up instead of being quiet for the sake of 'not causing drama'. To me it's like imagining if our report system let people see who reported them.

There isn't a point of having it be public for the sake of letting the accused state their case or whatever. If [insert mod threshhold] people say they don't want to play with someone there isn't anything left to say.
I agree with this wholeheartedly!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 58, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 49, Shadoweh wrote:To me it's like imagining if our report system let people see who reported them
i don't actually think that's a bad thing, but then i also think if you're too afraid of what other people think of you that you're not going to do it if they know you're doing it then you have some serious issues so *shrug*

i don't really like the whole "talk behind their back about them" mentality it promotes and it's just a cowardly thing to do

but i understand that cowards exist and need an outlet so whatever
Best post in thread.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:22 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

WoTC should be a thing but it should also be considered extremely rude to WoTC someone without first sending them a PM saying 'hey I don't want you in this game for reasons X Y and Z please leave it.'
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 61, RadiantCowbells wrote:WoTC should be a thing but it should also be considered extremely rude to WoTC someone without first sending them a PM saying 'hey I don't want you in this game for reasons X Y and Z please leave it.'
thank you!

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I was trying with all my potential to say the same thing !

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 61, RadiantCowbells wrote:WoTC should be a thing but it should also be considered extremely rude to WoTC someone without first sending them a PM saying 'hey I don't want you in this game for reasons X Y and Z please leave it.'
Yeah, the only reason not to do this is because it starts drama and stuff where people go back and forth at each other in the public forums which is already been to cause bans before, so its not like this "unspoken rule" really does more but make the drama happen elsewhere.

The drama still exists even if you try to sweep it under the rug.
Show

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 64, Firebringer wrote:
Yeah, the only reason not to do this is because it starts drama and stuff where people go back and forth at each other in the public forums which is already been to cause bans before, so its not like this "unspoken rule" really does more but make the drama happen elsewhere.

Your insulting that player if not . What your suggesting is unfair , not-in-person judging them without letting them being informed about their accusations.

Its simpler. It won't make any kinds of arguments but its stupidly unfair and obviously rude as fuck!

KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:33 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Yeah, I think that's fair.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 65, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 64, Firebringer wrote:

Your insulting that player if not . What your suggesting is unfair , not-in-person judging them without letting them being informed about their accusations.

Its simpler. It won't make any kinds of arguments but its stupidly unfair and obviously rude as fuck!
Frozen, I am in support of what you are saying.

The only reason I don't message Yume/Jeanne on why I am WoTC is because I have already repeatedly told them why I don't like playing with them or seeing them in a playerlist. Theres no purpose in me pming them again to repeat this.
Show

Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:37 am

Post by Shadoweh »

I mean, some people just came here to play a game, man and aren't even going to see drama in Discussion threads.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

stop bringing up that example for this? Yume is a sitewide game flaker atm and eventhough she is my friend I won't support her game ruiner attidue in any manner and - not wotc wise - I even think a sirious ban on her is discussabel at this point.

I like her but she is just breaking the promises she made to me and others repeatedly.

I am talking about WOTC in general.
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 68, Shadoweh wrote:I mean, some people just came here to play a game, man and aren't even going to see drama in Discussion threads.
This is no drama. This is just a place to discuss whats wrong and right about WOTC atm and everyone is just telling their point of view.
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:47 am

Post by Firebringer »

Frozen, i was saying i agreed with you.
Show

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:52 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

it's a courtesy, not a requirement, to tell someone directly that you don't want to play with them (and why)

should it be done? sure

should it be mandatory? no

i DO think it says a lot about a person if they're too afraid to tell another person directly that they have issues with them, but i also don't think people should be forced to do that if they're really that afraid of it
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

If as a mod I think a player might be likely to flake / not enjoy the game / get in an argument with another player, I have a PM conversation with them before the game starts. Normally you can sort things out amicably without actually having to decline anyone.

However, I tend to run smaller games, which makes combinations of people who will cause problems much easier to avoid.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

What if you already did all that previously.

And then they join a game you're already in anyway.

I know this is purely hypothetical and NEVER EVER happens but indulge me.
Kappa
Just Monika