Application of WOTC

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Forum rules
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 145, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 143, Accountant wrote:
In post 142, Frozen Angel wrote:making accusations public will make the enviroment softer for them?

are you kidding me
YES

they will use it as an opportunity to defend themselves and start arguments

Just eliminate quickly and efficiently without mentioning too many reasons.
then let them start arguments. Are you afraid for being wrong?
NO

I am afraid we will have the goddamn community cluttered up with arguments spouted by idiots who can't accept that they are so bad multiple people want to never play with them ever again
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Accountant »

Why are you so fixated on being justified in your actions? Nobody needs to justify anything. That's the beauty of it.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Accountant »

I have never blacklisted anyone and I have played with some seriously toxic players and if I ever do blacklist someone you can be assured I won't have the respect to give them the time of day let alone reasons for kicking them.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Both are ok. The game is moderator's property so they can ban whoever they want for whatever they want.

The second is ok and definitly justified cuase the accused knows what might went worng. If players A , B and C pm the mod sepratly - whithout any circular or other methods of commuinication - that they don't like player D's avatar. Its totally justified to out player D.

The unjustified versions of the above : "I got pm's from the people and your out!" "someone(player B) told me they have problem with player D. Who has problne as well?"
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Transparency is key though it's nice to know. It's fair and constructive and if the offending player starts arguing kick em out and everyone knows why they might be a problem.

The WOTC is fine with reasons and when constructive if public yo
Last edited by Ranmaru on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 150, Accountant wrote:
In post 145, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 143, Accountant wrote:
In post 142, Frozen Angel wrote:making accusations public will make the enviroment softer for them?

are you kidding me
YES

they will use it as an opportunity to defend themselves and start arguments

Just eliminate quickly and efficiently without mentioning too many reasons.
then let them start arguments. Are you afraid for being wrong?
NO

I am afraid we will have the goddamn community cluttered up with arguments spouted by idiots who can't accept that they are so bad multiple people want to never play with them ever again
Then do it totally privatly so the accusers don't have any kinds of impact on each other. or publickly inform the involved instead of everyone.

again you called them idiot, who are you to judge someone as idiot. a mod? ok then don't let the so called "idiot" to your game. your a player? shut up!

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Guys chill, let's not get heated.
Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Accountant »

What is wrong with announcing that a player has been WOTCed and asking if anyone else has a problem?

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 151, Accountant wrote:Why are you so fixated on being justified in your actions? Nobody needs to justify anything. That's the beauty of it.
ok

thats the beauty of what?

thats the basic Principle of humanity that we need to justify our actions to each other. Are you saying we're a bunch of wild animals playing mafia in here?

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 157, Accountant wrote:What is wrong with announcing that a player has been WOTCed and asking if anyone else has a problem?
I think it's fine if the reasons are included, and if the offending player can appeal it by sending a PM to the mod

Then if it's appealed the mod should announce why it was appealed so other players know
Last edited by Ranmaru on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 157, Accountant wrote:What is wrong with announcing that a player has been WOTCed and asking if anyone else has a problem?
That has direct impact of the numbers of people who will try to wotc that people.

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Accountant »

Then do it totally privatly so the accusers don't have any kinds of impact on each other. or publickly inform the involved instead of everyone.

again you called them idiot, who are you to judge someone as idiot. a mod? ok then don't let the so called "idiot" to your game. your a player? shut up!
Why?! Why is it so bad to let accusers influence each other? If I want X kicked, I want to convince everyone else to agree to kick him as well. Why am I not allowed to judge other players as a player?

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 160, Frozen Angel wrote:
That has direct impact of the numbers of people who will try to wotc that people.
Why is that bad? It helps break bystander effect and encourages players to out toxic players.

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 159, Ranmaru wrote:
I think it's fine if the reasons are included, and if the offending player can appeal it by sending a PM to the mod

Then if it's appealed the mod should announce why it was appealed so other players know
its fine to do that but not to MAKE the mod release the reasons like wtf

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

This ^

if the reasons are included then they will judge the reason not the player

and thats not WOTC by its defiition. its a jury-like method for enforcing people - and that must require majority of the remaining players vote at least to be justified

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 158, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 151, Accountant wrote:Why are you so fixated on being justified in your actions? Nobody needs to justify anything. That's the beauty of it.
ok

thats the beauty of what?

thats the basic Principle of humanity that we need to justify our actions to each other. Are you saying we're a bunch of wild animals playing mafia in here?
That's not a principle of humanity. I can do anything and not have to justify shit to anyone! Nobody has the right to demand that I reveal my inner thought processes.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Ranmaru »

She means in the case the reasoning was wrong. Which is why I mention the part of appealing it. Why not include the reasons? If the person deserves to be kicked there should be reasoning, just like a case on a player you want lynched.

mod: wotc because YOU LURKED THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME LAST TIME
me: ok woops

There look how easy that was?
Last edited by Ranmaru on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 161, Accountant wrote:

Why?! Why is it so bad to let accusers influence each other? If I want X kicked, I want to convince everyone else to agree to kick him as well. Why am I not allowed to judge other players as a player?
Cuase thats not WOTC

your saying if 3 people has problem with A , A must be outed. 3 don't have problem . 1 has some problem , 2 are confirming thats reasonable.

its not the thing you first defined.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:07 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 165, Accountant wrote:That's not a principle of humanity. I can do anything and not have to justify shit to anyone! Nobody has the right to demand that I reveal my inner thought processes.
You can kill me right now and they will hang you tommorow.

you don't need to justufy shit to anyone?

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:07 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 164, Frozen Angel wrote:
This ^

and thats not WOTC by its defiition. its a jury-like method for enforcing people - and that must require majority of the remaining players vote at least to be justified
Dude the whole point is to judge, condemn and destroy the offending player. He's the one in the crosshairs, I don't see a need to give him a reason to defend himself.

It's not about what is fair or not fair. It is about making players happy, and if 3 players hate 1, as a matter of brute fact that player is very likely shit and will DEFINITELY make the game better for those 3 guys.

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:08 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 166, Ranmaru wrote:She means in the case the reasoning was wrong. Which is why I mention the part of appealing it. Why not include the reasons? If the person deserves to be kicked there should be reasoning, just like a case on a player you want lynched.

mod: wotc because YOU LURKED THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME LAST TIME
me: ok woops

There look how easy that was?
mod: wotc because 5 people want you out and I dont care why, all I know is that if you leave 5 people will be happier with the game

mod: wotc, I'm not obliged to tell you anything

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:08 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 169, Accountant wrote:
In post 164, Frozen Angel wrote:
This ^

Dude the whole point is to judge, condemn and destroy the offending player. He's the one in the crosshairs, I don't see a need to give him a reason to defend himself.

It's not about what is fair or not fair. It is about making players happy, and if 3 players hate 1, as a matter of brute fact that player is very likely shit and will DEFINITELY make the game better for those 3 guys.
My whole argument was about its being fair or not being fair. If you want to make players happy then its fine

as I said their ok to be done the way they are.They are not justified though.

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 168, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 165, Accountant wrote:That's not a principle of humanity. I can do anything and not have to justify shit to anyone! Nobody has the right to demand that I reveal my inner thought processes.
You can kill me right now and they will hang you tommorow.

you don't need to justufy shit to anyone?
See? You keep falling back on the ideas of a court of law, of rights and obligations. I have 0 obligations to anyone as a mod, as a player or as a fellow human being, other than to follow the site rules and be generally civil.

Accountant
Accountant
Self-Evident
Accountant
Self-Evident
Self-Evident

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:10 am

Post by Accountant »

FA, ITS OKAY TO BE UNFAIR

ITS OKAY TO UNFAIRLY EXCLUDE PEOPLE FROM A GAME

THAT IS THE FRIGGING POINT

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:10 am

Post by Ranmaru »

edit
Last edited by Ranmaru on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.