Newbie 680: In this town of Cookieland... Over!

Forum rules
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

TOP OF PAGE GOODNESS!

2 Popsofctown (Moratorium, YOUNG ERIC)
2 Young Eric (Barros, My Milked Eek)

1 Guy0 (Usernamenotincluded)
1 Barros (Capricious)

NV: Martin413, popsofctown

With 9 alive, 5 to lynch...
Last edited by Save The Dragons on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka Fenrir
YOUNG ERIC
YOUNG ERIC
Townie
YOUNG ERIC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:05 am

Post by YOUNG ERIC »

first I would like to say yes all from my iPhone I have no Internet source right now (also no cut and paste).

with that said my short post were. I said "he was extremely suspicious" I knew that would lead to people suspecting me. therefore I would add more suspision on me while voting for pops I was hoping to severe the ties that he bound us together. Some of what he has said does make him seem like a likely candidate for scum.

Seeing that there are 2 scum I suspect pops of being one now I have to think who the other one is.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Moratorium »

Mod: You've got My Milked Eek voting for two different people.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:11 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

I do appreciate the double vote though. lol.
YOUNG ERIC wrote:first I would like to say yes all from my iPhone I have no Internet source right now (also no cut and paste).
No library around? Bigger posts than this would be very welcome.

YOUNG ERIC wrote:with that said my short post were. I said "he was extremely suspicious" I knew that would lead to people suspecting me. therefore I would add more suspision on me while voting for pops I was hoping to severe the ties that he bound us together. Some of what he has said does make him seem like a likely candidate for scum.
"Some of what he said"? Please specify, I would like to see your opinion on him. Concrete opinion. Specify.
YOUNG ERIC wrote:Seeing that there are 2 scum I suspect pops of being one now I have to think who the other one is.
Same as above; why pops?
Eek
!
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Moratorium »

wait.. I had to re-read this like a dozen times to make sure I understood..
YOUNG ERIC wrote: with that said my short post were. I said "he was extremely suspicious" I knew that would lead to people suspecting me. therefore I would add more suspision on me while voting for pops I was hoping to severe the ties that he bound us together. Some of what he has said does make him seem like a likely candidate for scum.
Ok. Let me see if i'm following you here.

Your strategy, if I'm reading you correctly here, is that you wanted us to suspect you of being scum, and that because of your vote on pops, that we would therefore suspect pops of being town. That even though we would suspect you of being scum, hey, at least we don't think you and pops are associated.

That's.... just.... what....

The fact that you stress the importance of disassociating yourself with pops, EVEN MORE SO THAN CONVINCING US YOU ARE TOWN, convinces me that you have some kind of association with him. You are both Guilty McGuiltersons.
Barros
Barros
Townie
Barros
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Barros »

YOUNG ERIC wrote:you now seem extremely suspicous vote popsofctown
ERIC, explain this.. you were so doubtful about pops, and when someone put him in a L-2 situation you just vote him (with some unkown reason) and you put him in a L-1 situation. You know how suspicious it looks?
I'll keep my vote on you, about pops.. i still don't have an opinion, i don't really know.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

My Milked Eek wrote: Did you find the heat on your scumpartner to be a bit too hot?
His actions weren't protown at all. Unfossing and unvoting after he got some attention. He's afraid to stick his neck out.

Vote: popsofctown
My Milked Eek wrote:
popsofctown wrote:I either tied myself to Eric because he's fellow scum, or for some other reason. If i did it because he's scum, it does not matter who you kill first. Doesn't matter at all. You kill one of us, he confirms the other. Town wins.

If i tied myself to Eric for any other reason, tying myself to Eric is no longer a tell. Being tied to a random townie isn't a scumtell.
A scum wouldn't "tie" himself to another scum, that'd be stupid, or a big gambit. The point here is, as the others said, this is reduced to wifom. Don't type that much, just say "wifom", lol. Saves us all a few minutes.
I think maybe you missed the point of what i was trying to say, i don't think there was any wifom involved there... it's hard to explain. I don't think it matters any more, because you now seem to be choosing lynches based on the most suspicion now. if you want a clearer re-explanation i can do it another time.

My Milked Eek wrote:
Capricious wrote:This implies to me that he cares much about this game, which could be read differently depending on later events.
Caring != protown
He didn't mean i was protown, i don't think. I think it meant it was a pattern of behavior to track throughout the game. A characteristic of a person is a null tell. Sudden fluctuations in those characteristics (like a sudden post count drop or a pessimistic attitude towards this game) can be a tell later on.
My Milked Eek wrote:
Capricious wrote:"Link with Young Eric" - Seriously? Links are 95% of the time (made-up stat) more subtle than that. Am I linked to Barros and pops because I didn't have a hammer-good reason to vote for them?
Despite links being more subtle
most
of the time, you cannot deny pops tying himself to Eric there, which is, unrelated to his alignment, a doubtful thing to do.
I really don't get this. Are you saying that even if Eric's body comes up clean, it is still suspicious for me to have retracted an FoS? I don't get how that works. Is it suspicious for me to change my mind about any player?
My Milked Eek wrote:
pops wrote:My main reasons for wanting to vote him were that i think he's exhibited some scum tells
Ok, tell us these tells.
Quote magic!:
My Milked Eek wrote: Did you find the heat on your scumpartner to be a bit too hot?
His actions weren't protown at all. Unfossing and unvoting after he got some attention. He's afraid to stick his neck out.

Vote: popsofctown
By the by, I'm still very unhappy and a little disturbed by the pigeonhole that went down there. His actions "weren't protown at all", so much so that it is (according to you) clearly suspicious that i should remove an FoS from him. Yet Eric doesn't even get an FoS in any of this post. And it worked... no one has been discussing Eric's actions there for a while, until he's started saying totally crazy things recently.
My Milked Eek wrote:
pops wrote:but I'll revote Eric when i figure that out (or when i actually think he's the most suspicious player)
unvote
The dude put you at L-1 without a solid reason, other than "yeah... what they said". You don't think he's suspicious? I'm surprised no one else (except cap) is taking Eric's votepost the wrong way.
Wow.. that slipped past me. I thought guy0's thought out pressure vote was the L-1, and Eric's was L-2.

Anywhoo, i felt like Eric was really suspicious and so was Barros, but at the moment i felt i had clouded judgment. And at the time, i was the only voter on Eric (besides Barros' old half-forgotten one), so i felt like, hey if i'm the only one seeing these things maybe they aren't there, maybe i care more about clearing myself than getting a scum for D1 lynch.

After seeing that other players are seeing tells too, and some of the crazy stuff he's recently said, he's certainly the most suspicious player in the game right now.
For aforementioned reasons and some reasons further down in this post, i can certainly now
Vote: Eric
Eric wrote:I have been trying to confuse and misdirect people in the game on purpose.
Is that why you made that first unvote->vote? To confuse and misdirect? A confused and misdirected town, triumphantly zeros in on the scum and lynches him. Does that even make sense man?

The only explanation i can conceive for this is that he hasn't thought the game out from the town's point of view at all, (smart and dumb townies do, smart scum do, dumb scum don't) so he dropped this comment without realizing no townsperson could come up with "confusing and misdirecting" as a strategy.
Moratorium wrote: The fact that you stress the importance of disassociating yourself with pops, EVEN MORE SO THAN CONVINCING US YOU ARE TOWN, convinces me that you have some kind of association with him. You are both Guilty McGuiltersons.
For a while, I've been a little suspicious of Moratorium (you too milked eek, but you carry the same thing out a little differently), for harping the popsofctown+Eric theory so darn hard, suspicious that maybe the scum are Moratorium + Eric or My Milked Eek +Eric, trying to distance themselves and score a civilian kill by lynching Eric, then lynching me. But after stuff that explicit, it doesn't really make sense anymore.... statements that explicit would get them lynched soon after for being the authors of the "link". So now i'm just puzzled.

^^that last paragraph there doesn't really say much, i know.. but i could get lynched or nightkilled, so i wanted to throw that up while i'm alive.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

EBWOP: the first quote there is an accidental extra from copying and pasting. it's used again later on.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Moratorium »

popsofctown wrote: suspicious that maybe the scum are Moratorium + Eric or My Milked Eek +Eric
So you think Eric is scum?
popsofctown wrote: trying to distance themselves and score a civilian kill by lynching Eric
So you think Eric is... town?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

that'd be a misread..

In the scenario, I'm saying you'll lynch Eric based on the popsofctown + Eric. Distancing because he comes up black, you lynched scum.

It would be very hard to get the town to lynch me next, and i'm a civilian.

So you get a civilian kill, and a distancing kill.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

EBWOP, it would not be very hard
"Well, I..."
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Moratorium »

This scenario of yours looks more like trying to set up the next play after one of you is voted off, so that you aren't immediately targeted once the first lynch comes up scum.
popsofctown wrote: If would be very hard to get the town to lynch me next, and I'm a civilian.
OR

Everyone agrees that you're his scumbuddy.

More WIFOM.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Moratorium »

EBWOP doesn't change my point.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Maybe i'm admitting to being a major newb, but i don't understand why how and where im making WIFOM statements. If only for my sake, could you be more clear?
"Well, I..."
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Lindisfarne replaces martin413 immediately.
aka Fenrir
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:34 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

pops wrote:I think maybe you missed the point of what i was trying to say, i don't think there was any wifom involved there... it's hard to explain. I don't think it matters any more, because you now seem to be choosing lynches based on the most suspicion now. if you want a clearer re-explanation i can do it another time.
Of course I'm choosing lynches on most suspicion, don't you? You're not cleared though, I just feel that Eric should be my focus now. However, the fact that he is unable to access the internet without an iPhone is saddening.

pops wrote:He didn't mean i was protown, i don't think.
I was just stating the obvious. And I should've quoted the entire post when replying.
Cap wrote:This whole wagon on pops smells heavily of cupcakes. Pops has posted the most of anyone, and granted, his posts are filled with WIFOM. This implies to me that he cares much about this game, which could be read differently depending on later events. However, he has not committed anything I read as scummy.
pops wrote:I really don't get this. Are you saying that even if Eric's body comes up clean, it is still suspicious for me to have retracted an FoS? I don't get how that works. Is it suspicious for me to change my mind about any player?
I meant that, regardless of Eric being town or scum, you shouldn't have tied yourself to him. It's a doubtful thing to do.
pops wrote:Quote magic!:
?
pops wrote:By the by, I'm still very unhappy and a little disturbed by the pigeonhole that went down there. His actions "weren't protown at all", so much so that it is (according to you) clearly suspicious that i should remove an FoS from him. Yet Eric doesn't even get an FoS in any of this post. And it worked... no one has been discussing Eric's actions there for a while, until he's started saying totally crazy things recently.
Eric posted, according to my stat log, once during that little debate of ours, up until his "crazy vote". There's a difference between unfossing (I didn't know this was even done) and saying that someone is protown, while they weren't. You did the second... And the first.
pops wrote:Wow.. that slipped past me. I thought guy0's thought out pressure vote was the L-1, and Eric's was L-2.
How is that possible? If I was the subject of a vote-heavy bandwagon I'd know the order of voters...
pops wrote:maybe i care more about clearing myself than getting a scum for D1 lynch.
Shame on you. lol.
pops wrote:After seeing that other players are seeing tells too, and some of the crazy stuff he's recently said, he's certainly the most suspicious player in the game right now.
You don't wait for other people to make a case and then jump along. You read and interact and then actively hunt. If you were wrong, tans pis, but at least you have information. This is a lame excuse to hop on Eric.

pops wrote:For a while, I've been a little suspicious of Moratorium (you too milked eek, but you carry the same thing out a little differently), for harping the popsofctown+Eric theory so darn hard, suspicious that maybe the scum are Moratorium + Eric or My Milked Eek +Eric, trying to distance themselves and score a civilian kill by lynching Eric, then lynching me. But after stuff that explicit, it doesn't really make sense anymore.... statements that explicit would get them lynched soon after for being the authors of the "link". So now i'm just puzzled.
Wait, eric is scum and town? lol.

Protip: 5 votes are needed to lynch. Not 2.
pops wrote:and i'm a civilian.
If I had a eurocent every time...

Your Wifom statements are annoying. And we should either just classify them as Wifom or just ignore them. Saying stuff like "I'm civilian". Dude...

And you still didn't answer my question:
My Milked Eek wrote:
pops wrote:My main reasons for wanting to vote him were that i think he's exhibited some scum tells
Ok, tell us these tells.

Welcome, Lindisfarne. Take your time rereading and I'll be glad to hear your opinion.

mod
prod UNI; his last post was on page 2.
Eek
!
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Moratorium »

The Belgian wrote: If you were wrong, tans pis, but at least you have information.
Man from France's Armpit wrote: If I had a eurocent every time...
It's looking like eventually everyone in this game is going to give themselves a self-imposed post restriction...

Man.. if I had a Loonie everytime Pops posted something WIFOM, I could buy a hockey team, and all the maple syrup I wanted. That's what I'm talking aboot.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:06 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Man from France's Armpit

I thought something smelled funny...
Eek
!
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

his tells:
1: the reason i quoted from you. I said "quote magic" and then put that quote from you, that mentions Eric "unfossing and unvoting and being afraid to stick his neck out".
2: I still think his first unvote->vote was scummish.
3:
YOUNG ERIC wrote:finally some conversation too base my judgments off of I don't suspect you Barros .... For now
He says i don't suspect you..... For now. Which is the same thing as saying he does suspect Barros, to some degree. I think it's a little fishy.
4: I'm now aware he L-1ed on next to nothing. I'm gonna count the order in which i get to L-1 next time it happens.
5: (as i already discussed)(i felt i'd already answered your question) he admitted to trying to confuse and misdirect people. On purpose. That doesn't even make sense for a townsperson to be doing. It has scum written all over it.

About calling the "i'm a civilian" WIFOM, I wasn't claiming to be a civilian to prove i'm a civilian or something. I was saying that in the hypathetical situation i was talking about
I
'm the civilian, Eric is the scum. Because both of you misunderstood and said "wait, are you saying Eric is town and he's scum?".

I want to go through that again, because I more and more strongly think that's what's happening here. The people who are harping on the Eric +popsofctown connection so darn hard, or maybe just one of the go-alongs to it, one of them is actually scum. They've seen early on in the game that Eric is not a very useful teammate. So, they've decided to push this popsofctown + Eric thing, and kill Eric first. So Eric gets D1 lynch, flips up as scum, D2 everyone decides i must be scum too so i get lynched. Thus, they distance from a bad mafia teammate and they kill the civilian, me. It is a pretty good strategy, because D3 there will be 5 players and barely any discussion on D2.

Why is it WIFOM for me to walk through that and count myself as a civilian? Would you have me spell it out with three mafia in it, just so i don't ever ever call myself town? Maybe i forgot the part at the end where the remaining four players are doctors, so town wins anyway.
"Well, I..."
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:18 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

Hey folks, glad to be a part of the game.

Hmm, page 5 and we're already getting into some good solid debate. I like that, im not a fan of the random voting jazz. A necessary evil to be sure, but not one I like. Good that we're out of that stage.

I'm going to go over everything that's been said so far and take a few notes and put up my thoughts on everything here.

Just be warned: I normally type up novels for my posts ;)
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

what's the best way to check current forum time??
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

@Moratorium, do you still think Barros is suspicious?
"Well, I..."
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Moratorium »

I see you and ERIC as scummiest at the moment.

I think Barros did some scummy things (see post 64), but he's in third place on my scum list, and only the top 2 get medals in the Cookieland Olympics.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Capricious »

Moratorium wrote:
Finger of Deliciousness: YOUNG ERIC

I'm digging the pops+Eric scumbuddy theory right now, but I'm willing to see how things evolve here.
Only cookies are delicious, cupcakes are atrocious, are you implying that YE is town?
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:08 am

Post by Moratorium »

Ah, sorry, didn't know the code.