Newbie 1361: The Ninja Council (Game Over)

Forum rules
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:04 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 1123, Nachomamma8 wrote:If you have a strong town game and a weak scum game, you should never ever tone it down. Improve your scumgame to match your towngame and people will townread you and they will be completely blindsided, and that's a great feeling.
This is amazing advice, if you have a great town game, then play to it as scum, don't change a game that is awesome.

And after a win in a large theme of a game that Mafia was getting steamrolled i can say that this is completely true.

If you have a good Scum game, play to it.

Realize that scum and town play very much the same when they are playing a good game.
Saved by my own stupidity \o/
Sometimes a Psychopath with a notebook wins.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:09 am

Post by mrbungle »

[quote="In post 1123, Nachomamma8"]Gene, the most important lesson is that you when you connect with another active town player, that combination is deadly. It was a combination that I actually couldn't touch in LyLo, and I definitely tried; if you didn't obvtown as hard as you did to bungle, that lylo might've turned out differently despite your result.

i started blatantly buddying gene almost right from the beginning. i know people see it as a scumtell but i liked how it worked out. we were pretty much confirmed town to each other from D2 onwards.

lol the funniest part of that was when pirate mollie wanted to lynch gene. that was the point where i knew she wasn't really reading me as scum, it was her deep-seated hatred of everything i posted that dictated all of her actions
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:41 am

Post by chkflip »

I'M WAITING FOR MY ADVICE MISTER IC.

</3
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 527, chkflip wrote:Nacho stalled hard like this in a game I nailed him as scum in. I'll cross-reference the game and see if there's a connection there. Aside from that, I'm still getting through D1 and catching up while keeping up with recent pages. Nothing really stands out to me so far but I'll keep in touch.
This stalling was the exact stalling I was doing.
The exact stalling. You shouldn't have let me get very far past this point.
In post 542, chkflip wrote:2. Town could actually call this TvT or even declare that I'm scum, I'd just like someone else's input because, at this venue, neither of us are getting anywhere.
This was a smart move; back away, let other people analyze things. Bungle was too aggressive, and a back away was good for both of you.
In post 567, chkflip wrote:meta states this might be nachoscum, but I've got a much stronger bunglescum read after everything.
fucking confront me on it
if I'm playing more passive, I'm doing it for a reason
if I'm playing passive AFTER I just mislynched someone? There's a very special reason; usually I have a newbie game figured out by then.
Bungle push was ballsy though and I liked you challenging the leader. Just don't let your feelings go to the wayside in the meantime.
In post 572, chkflip wrote:You didn't just go scum to null to town to null to scum. It was scum to town to scum. AND THEN you backed off of me when you were clearly looking like you were in the wrong from our previous engagement, or so that's how I'm reading your "I smoked a cigarette" post.
Lots of people do this; bungle's been doing that hop and forth the entire game. You can pick on people for these types of things when it isn't in their meta, but it's usually better to figure out why they would do this as scum and as town. As scum, he had no reason to flop on you since it discredits the read. As town, sure he has reasons.
In post 586, chkflip wrote:NACHO WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING ME
because i am scum and i can't hop on your wagon, but I want to see if you're going to fall onto a different mislynch target.
In post 607, chkflip wrote:I think DJ is being genuine and Nacho is pushing pretty hard to get the heat off of him.

My gut check on him didn't go as planned.

UNVOTE: mrbungle
VOTE: Nachomamma8
why didn't you let this vote coast for a while?
In post 657, chkflip wrote:Nacho nailed it. I was blinder-vision on bungle being scum so I just wrote off what levi was doing as town by elimination. Basically, I didn't see bungle/levi.

And I think Nacho is town as aforementioned.
You thought I was town because of my case on levi.
You correctly identified that my case on levi was real.
A good case never makes me town; it's what I'm doing in between those cases that makes me town. It's the same with most experienced players who are decent as town/as scum; as scum, usually they're doing things to seem town. As town, they're doing things to figure out the game.
In post 809, chkflip wrote:Intent to hammer. Nacho, claim.

I forgot bungle is town. Edos' play is just shit, that's all.

Moving along.
So you have me as confirmed scum by the point I was claiming. You think I was bussing? What case felt the best that I made because it was probably right?
You should counterclaim me immediately and get me lynched; you know I'm scum, you know I'll be around tomorrow if you let me live until tomorrow, and you know that I will go for the weakest thing I can find in you because a delayed counterclaim and things that give other people a lot of doubt is blood in the water for me.

In a more general note, I would give you the same advice I gave mrbungle. You're aggressive as fuck, sometimes you make people crack and they look really, really scummy. Whenever you think you've fucking pegged scum, back down for a minute. Let them talk more, let other people interpret things. One thing you should've been SUPER interested in is how I behaved towards him; I was clearly posturing to hop on his wagon, wasn't trying to defend him at all. You want to gambit a little? Let me run someone else up, see how I treat them, THEN counterclaim. LyLo is when your credibility is completely destroyed, so never be the one in LyLo saying "well I wasn't completely truthful on this one".
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by mrbungle »

lol chkflip was pissing me off sooooo much when he entered the thread. i dont really remember why he was, but i remember thinking 'man i want this guy to be scum so badly, that probably means he's town.' and then from that point on it was like a filter had been removed from my eyes and everything he posted made him obv town.

nacho i think you could have gotten me to lynch david had he not replaced out. null point tho, because bert got lynched. there was also a tiny tiny tiny window at the very start of D2 where i might have been amenable to a pirate mollie lynch if you had come in with a convincing case and out-argued her

i think that overall, the main problem scum had this game is that neither of them were really ever able to penetrate the town circle. meanwhile the town circle kept growing the whole game long

pirate mollie was part of the town circle, she just didn't know it
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by NicCage »

My problems in mafia are similar to my problems in real life. All thought, no action. And apparently I need to be more emotionally or something.

Bungle don't you meta case me ever again :p lol
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Thank you very much Nacho. :]

I'm not really sure how to push people, I'll try and figure that out. And yeah, when I rethought about that in the dead chat it occurred to me that someone being relaxed is probably a sign of scum and not town. :facepalm:
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Rem look at any of my town games, ISO me and you will find ways to be pushy, key thing, push EVERYTHING that makes you feel off.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Post by Bert »

I enjoyed reading all the tidbits Nacho provided.

Thank you all for the game :)
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:27 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Blah, mod erase that please :p
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:44 am

Post by JasonWazza »

I'm not even going to ask why you were in this topic.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:02 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!