Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Game Over!

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 22, Grendel wrote:First game here in a while. Im interested to see how site meta has changed, what the players are like now, how I hold up as a player, etc

Please do me a favor and outline your typical playstyle with these questions:

Intuitive, or analytical?
Independent, or Collaborative?
Aggressive, or Passive?

I will respond to my own questions once I get some responses to the survey. As this is my first post I would also like to say good luck to you all! Hopefully this will be a good game!
This definitely reads as townie trying to get a grasp on everyone. This is kinda like when someone metadives everyone, u generally think if they r willing to put in that much time/effort, they are more likely town than scum.
In post 512, Grendel wrote:where did all these pages come from haha?

Personally I'd like if the players pushing meta stuff the hardest can site some sources. Im not gonna fact check that stuff alone.

Correct me if im wrong (I skimmed) but: (Shelly, Jackson, Jester, Redodoas, Noraa) all have meta on eachother, and some of it is offsite?

Can you please hold my hand like im a small child and talk me through the reads you have on one another.

-/-/-/-/

Im not super inclined to support the Sundade TR that has been cropping up in peoples reads. Its really easy for scum to play the reasonable town thinker in a situation where most players are playing an overtly aggressive game.

Norigwee I think was reasonably town for pointing out the Jester/Red were reaction testing by posting silly things. I think mafia would prefer to do something safe like sit on a an existing wagon there.

Noraa's mod vote is a silly early game distraction i see mafia doing more so then town. At least thats how it is on my Home site. This isnt directly Noraa's fualt, but the copy pasta thing is annoying, and clogging up the thread.

idk the alignments of Jackson, and SHelly, but i do think that thier 1v1 hasnt been very helpful thus far. Shelly i can at least say isnt burying all her energy into the vs Jackson, and has some reads elsewhere.

Jester I wanna say is town for drawing lot of attention to himself, and for doing stuff outside of his meta reads.

Red himself isnt super AI. But i recall players discrediting his play at some point, so that points to him not being scum with that person, or people.

Mini i could probably vote as they seem to lacking presence, and not getting much attention. (Was anybody voting there?)

I guess I have nothing to say about the rest of the people.
This is a pretty good read ngl. They got all the important stuff and all.
In post 514, Grendel wrote:
In post 511, Odd Day Jester wrote:
In post 491, Saudade wrote:either way it seems... just not how I'd imagine scum would play this situation out
Normally I'd be inclined to agree, because why does scum lie about that so unnecessarily? But this is actually just how scum!shelly plays, she constantly backpedals on things when called out on them, and "flails" for lack of a better term (and this is why you don't ignore meta).
Show me some examples please?
In post 545, Grendel wrote:Actully, i think that Jackson's world view just makes more sense to me as town then mafia.

Since everybody is digging into Shelly's meta i feel obligated to read some of her past games, but i'll have to do it tomarrow.

VOTE: Shelly
this just makes me think ur SR on them is prolly cuz they voted u which is typical scum!shelly play right?
In post 835, Grendel wrote:Hey guys, just giving you all a heads up that im subbing out.

Really sorry, coming back to this forum was probably a mistake. I thought I could keep up, but it doesn't appear that I can. Good luck to the rest of you.
ngl this reads pretty damn genuine to me
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Noraa »

As much as Grendel, I TRed, I seriously am not seeing a town!taylor and that is making it really hard for me.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 1125, Noraa wrote:
In post 22, Grendel wrote:First game here in a while. Im interested to see how site meta has changed, what the players are like now, how I hold up as a player, etc

Please do me a favor and outline your typical playstyle with these questions:

Intuitive, or analytical?
Independent, or Collaborative?
Aggressive, or Passive?

I will respond to my own questions once I get some responses to the survey. As this is my first post I would also like to say good luck to you all! Hopefully this will be a good game!
This definitely reads as townie trying to get a grasp on everyone. This is kinda like when someone metadives everyone, u generally think if they r willing to put in that much time/effort, they are more likely town than scum.
In post 512, Grendel wrote:where did all these pages come from haha?

Personally I'd like if the players pushing meta stuff the hardest can site some sources. Im not gonna fact check that stuff alone.

Correct me if im wrong (I skimmed) but: (Shelly, Jackson, Jester, Redodoas, Noraa) all have meta on eachother, and some of it is offsite?

Can you please hold my hand like im a small child and talk me through the reads you have on one another.

-/-/-/-/

Im not super inclined to support the Sundade TR that has been cropping up in peoples reads. Its really easy for scum to play the reasonable town thinker in a situation where most players are playing an overtly aggressive game.

Norigwee I think was reasonably town for pointing out the Jester/Red were reaction testing by posting silly things. I think mafia would prefer to do something safe like sit on a an existing wagon there.

Noraa's mod vote is a silly early game distraction i see mafia doing more so then town. At least thats how it is on my Home site. This isnt directly Noraa's fualt, but the copy pasta thing is annoying, and clogging up the thread.

idk the alignments of Jackson, and SHelly, but i do think that thier 1v1 hasnt been very helpful thus far. Shelly i can at least say isnt burying all her energy into the vs Jackson, and has some reads elsewhere.

Jester I wanna say is town for drawing lot of attention to himself, and for doing stuff outside of his meta reads.

Red himself isnt super AI. But i recall players discrediting his play at some point, so that points to him not being scum with that person, or people.

Mini i could probably vote as they seem to lacking presence, and not getting much attention. (Was anybody voting there?)

I guess I have nothing to say about the rest of the people.
This is a pretty good read ngl. They got all the important stuff and all.
In post 514, Grendel wrote:
In post 511, Odd Day Jester wrote:
In post 491, Saudade wrote:either way it seems... just not how I'd imagine scum would play this situation out
Normally I'd be inclined to agree, because why does scum lie about that so unnecessarily? But this is actually just how scum!shelly plays, she constantly backpedals on things when called out on them, and "flails" for lack of a better term (and this is why you don't ignore meta).
Show me some examples please?
In post 545, Grendel wrote:Actully, i think that Jackson's world view just makes more sense to me as town then mafia.

Since everybody is digging into Shelly's meta i feel obligated to read some of her past games, but i'll have to do it tomarrow.

VOTE: Shelly
this just makes me think ur SR on them is prolly cuz they voted u which is typical scum!shelly play right?
In post 835, Grendel wrote:Hey guys, just giving you all a heads up that im subbing out.

Really sorry, coming back to this forum was probably a mistake. I thought I could keep up, but it doesn't appear that I can. Good luck to the rest of you.
ngl this reads pretty damn genuine to me
22 (asking for meta info) is definitely not ai

can you explain why 512 is pretty good? since i think it's basically just shading the whole plist which I don't like

if you want to go metadive scum!shelly, sure. but I dont really omgus since it's a pretty common scumtell

also pls dont use reasons like they're subbing out to TR them. it may be geniune but it doesn't mean anything
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by shellyc »

all in all i think you're finding really forced reasons to TR a pred to save them from my tunnel
then when I ramp up the pressure you start distancing

sounds like an attempt to first save, then bus

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1122, Noraa wrote:Grendel literally posted like a hot ten posts. And during those ten posts, I had a pretty null and sorta leaning town read on them. However Taylor did not at all match these reads.
am i not a hot ten?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Noraa »

I TR the predecessor correct but my reads have changed since then. Is that a problem?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1123, shellyc wrote:make a big ugly quote wall and tell me where tf grendel's posts indicated a town mindset

because I think taylor townier than grendel's play tbh, also considering taylor's super bad at obvtowning (no offence, and im also super bad at it)
nope, no offense taken. i make no effort to obvtown.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1129, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1122, Noraa wrote:Grendel literally posted like a hot ten posts. And during those ten posts, I had a pretty null and sorta leaning town read on them. However Taylor did not at all match these reads.
am i not a hot ten?
no ur not a hot 10. ur a hot 50 and a scummy hot 50 at that
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by shellyc »

taylor do you have any offsite scum games

pedit: grendel = taylor, why does the taylor SR overrule the grendel TR?

pedit: y'know, I get scumread as town and townread as scum way too much.

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by shellyc »

taylor are you an alt?

tbh i think noraa's scumread + interaction with taylor isn't really scum theatre so might rethink the two. maybe noraa is just fence-sitting town + LHF making a correct read on taylor

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1132, Noraa wrote:
am i not a hot ten?
im not sure what grading scale youre using here, so i dont know how to feel about that
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by Noraa »

Bc Taylor is the current slot holder
ofc she gets priority
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 1136, Noraa wrote:Bc Taylor is the current slot holder
ofc she gets priority
??????

they don't? grendel got the same rolecard as taylor, so idk what logic this is

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

i have offsite scum games. no you cant see my offsite games. theres a reason im not on that site any more and i dont want to dredge up those reasons. this is my first/only account on this site so no im not an alt.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1135, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1132, Noraa wrote:
am i not a hot ten?
im not sure what grading scale youre using here, so i dont know how to feel about that
the scale is based on how many posts you approximately have posted in this thread. I just say hot cuz I like saying hot. Ex: hot Cheetos are superior to Cheetos so a hot post is superior to a post so I say hot everywhere :D
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

youre an ordinary noraa, maybe you could upgrade to a hot noraa?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1137, shellyc wrote:
In post 1136, Noraa wrote:Bc Taylor is the current slot holder
ofc she gets priority
??????

they don't? grendel got the same rolecard as taylor, so idk what logic this is
Taylor is the current slot holder and she's posted far more than Grendel and her scum vibes are stronger than Grendels towny vibes. Ofc I will end up SRing the slot. I've SRed her for a while now. And now ur like oh nuuu it seems my little scum team doesn't work out.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1140, Tayl0r Swift wrote:youre an ordinary noraa, maybe you could upgrade to a hot noraa?
I am always hot :P :P
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

fair enough.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Noraa »

Taylor's replies to my SRs have been awfully calm tho which is kinda throwing me off a bit. I'm not quite too sure if I'm correct with my SR but I've never played a game with scum!Taylor so I'm worrying a lil that this may be AI
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Noraa »

Idk the prob is that I've played with town!Taylor but I wasn't paying any attention whatsoever so I might as well have never played that game. I gained nothing from it except a little bit more experience as scum
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1144, Noraa wrote:Taylor's replies to my SRs have been awfully calm tho which is kinda throwing me off a bit. I'm not quite too sure if I'm correct with my SR but I've never played a game with scum!Taylor so I'm worrying a lil that this may be AI
not really. well maybe? i dont understand any reasoning as to why im supposed to be scum, so im just ignoring it. but then also, no one else does either and im town so im not really stressing. i did say that you should be able to see that im town here based on 2028
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by Noraa »

I didn't get anything from that game as I said bc I was looking at the game from a completely different perspective. Either way I do think ur scummy and the post above just sounds really flimsy, weak, and scummy. It's definitely not true to say that you aren't SRed by anyone but me but anyways my read on u flip-flops a bit and I'll have to think about whether I want to settle on a town!Taylor or a scum!Taylor
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Noraa »

that'll vastly change my reads since a lot of people have interacted with u at this point
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

you do you. i wont be offended if you decide to scumread me. but ill be a little disappointed.

[no AtE here]