Newbie 2087 | Celebrating Betty White | End!

Forum rules
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:17 am

Post by Ahri »

mb
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:18 am

Post by Ahri »

two lost games for town in one week xD
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:18 am

Post by Ahri »

@Somnus wp wp I really liked your notes
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Somnus »

Thank-you. Good game to you and everyone. I'm genuinely sorry, even though I probably shouldn't be. I'll have more later.
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Ahri »

god thats rough xd
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Ahri »

idk what to say lol

mb mb

I still stand by somnus played incredibly well tho
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:41 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 4-2

The fantasy of The Golden Girls was that when you grow older, your friends will be there for you. That you’ll be able to take care of each other till the end, through thick and thin. Sadly, the fantasy itself was destroyed in the series finale. Dorothy got married and moved out, leaving the rest of the friend group unable to afford their home and lifestyle.

ProgoWoshua
(2): Somnus, Ahri

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to eliminate.

Deadline: February 16, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-02-16 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]

An Elimination Has Been Achieved!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

On the path to becoming yourself, you'll need to choose alignment over validation from others, peace over addictive chaos, and being misunderstood over false acceptance. --TheHolisticPsychologist
Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:45 am

Post by fferyllt »

ProgoWoshua was a
Vanilla Townie

The Mafia Team of
Somnus
and
Korina
Have Won!

On the path to becoming yourself, you'll need to choose alignment over validation from others, peace over addictive chaos, and being misunderstood over false acceptance. --TheHolisticPsychologist
Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:47 am

Post by fferyllt »

Unfortunately, the timing of the game ending coincides with an appointment that I must race to!

I'll post the PTs in this post as soon as I return. Shouldn't take long.

In the meanwhile, this thread is unlocked and please discuss your thoughts about the game!

UPDATE

Private Topics:

Mod Notes: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88547
Dead Thread: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88544
Mason Thread: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88549
Mafia Thread: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88592

Korina's personal notes thread: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88593

There was a software glitch when I tried to add Korina to the Mafia PT, which prevented him from being able to read the thread. I wound up creating a new Mafia PT and quoting all the posts from the original. Our system Admin, BorkJerfkin couldn't find anything wrong on the database end, and the problem cleared up the next morning with no human intervention. Hopefully, this was a one-time glitch and won't ever happen again! Since the 2nd Mafia PT contains all the content of the first one, I won't release both of them.

If you had a Personal Notes PT for this game and would like me to release it, please let me know. It's entirely up to you whether it becomes public or not.
Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Idic
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:51 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

GGs.

Town I don't feel like playing very well and scum took advantage of it. I'm also under the impression that Sommus was townread commonly for poor reasons that didn't really make sense.

And, Ahri please don't do what you did with my slot and treat people poorly because they're scumreading you, even if they are wrong.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:53 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Well played to Somnus.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:55 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

And Korina too, of course, did their bit before going out in a blaze of glory.
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:57 am

Post by Ahri »

wp wp
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:59 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

A good tip for a going into a 3 player ELO is asking yourself as town, "Why is X alive, and why was this town killed?"

Sure Ockham's Razor may apply but often thinking about the "Why?" is one way of catching scum.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:11 am

Post by Korina »

Yeeeee, I said it before in the scum PT, but jfc Somnus played extremely well here.
Somnus, never play with me again unless we roll scum together. I’m scared of you XD
I am V/LA on Monday/Tuesday.
|
GTKAS:
1 / 2 / 3 | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my alters. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Korina »

And I did my best for rolling scum and getting shafted with work lmao.
Scum’s fun, just difficult sometimes and this was one of the harder games for me to get into
I am V/LA on Monday/Tuesday.
|
GTKAS:
1 / 2 / 3 | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my alters. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:18 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Honestly, I didn’t believe Sommus was going to flip town for a majority of this game since (credit to CSF for pointing this out but) was just Information Instead of Analysis.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:23 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 1341, StrangeMatter wrote:Honestly, I didn’t believe Sommus was going to flip town for a good chunk of this game since (credit to CSF for pointing this out but) their analysis was just Information Instead of Analysis with minimal thoughts out in.
EBWOP
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:36 am

Post by fferyllt »

Has been updated with the PTs associated with this game.

Idic
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1341, StrangeMatter wrote:Honestly, I didn’t believe Sommus was going to flip town for a majority of this game since (credit to CSF for pointing this out but) was just Information Instead of Analysis.
We're all happy for you. Good game to you as well, I suppose.
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:07 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1338, StrangeMatter wrote:A good tip for a going into a 3 player ELO is asking yourself as town, "Why is X alive, and why was this town killed?"

Sure Ockham's Razor may apply but often thinking about the "Why?" is one way of catching scum.
A question I like to ask myself is "Why was I invited to the ELO table?"

Idic
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:09 am

Post by Somnus »

First of all, thank-you and good game to everyone.

Sooo...I lied. Yeah, I'm mafia, so that's not a surprise. But I lied very early in this game. This was actually my first game ever. I learned what mafia was less than two months ago. To be fair, I had a game offsite start 3 days after this one that I felt I had to join, since I was the one trying to revive mafia on the site. It was a disaster. I played somewhat well but the game was fucked from the start. A townie refused to play and was signed up against his will and was mod-killed instead of replaced, townies bandwagoning to try and vote off other obvious townies, etc. No power roles. Typical 9 player mountainous or whatever. A terrible game that lasted one week and ended when I was mis-limmed on Day 4.

But yeah, I learned what mafia was around the 2nd week of December and dove into the Wiki on here pretty hard and read through some old games on the other site that I played on. I didn't go into this with a plan to be the obsessive note-taker. It just kind of happened. I don't plan on doing that in my next game. Maybe again in the future.

I had everything in the world stacked against me in this game. No one mentioned it during the game, and I wasn't even sure if it would be breaking rules or etiquette to do so, so I didn't, but I imagine you're all aware that the game had to be re-rolled before it began. I was one of those weirdos who was actually excited and somewhat relieved to receive my "Vanilla Townie" role, only to be gut-punched with news that the game was being re-rolled and that I would be a Mafia Roleblocker. Weird, right? Excited to be a Vanilla Townie and crushed to find out I'd be a Mafia Roleblocker.

I was stressed out through a lot of this game starting on Day 2. Both my original scum partner and I had literally never played before. Pale Ale Dog said he used to enjoy reading through games and trying to solve them as he went along, but he had never played and wanted to give it a shot. As we all know, about a week into it, he realized he hated playing mafia and quit. He said he won't be returning to the site. Nice guy, but it clearly wasn't for him. And we can laugh about it now, but I was genuinely annoyed at the time with the way Korina kind of stormed into the game and brought all kinds of scum attention. I thought that all of the hard work I had done was instantly being destroyed, but it ended up working out in our favor. You did well, Korina, although you stressed me the hell out at first :D
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:11 am

Post by fferyllt »

Somnus, I thought you played really well. The Newbie Queue can be intimidating for Newbie scum, and even players who are experienced at mafia on other sites. You have no idea of the skills, strengths and weaknesses of the other players. And while that's true in reverse and as mafia new to MS players can take advantage of being unknown and underestimated, it's still usually a hard slog to the finish line.

Your kill choices, in particular were great. Getting a mason on Night 1 and not losing a partner on day 1 in the mason setup makes for a much easier game, and you and Korina pulled off both of those challenges.
Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:13 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1347, fferyllt wrote:Somnus, I thought you played really well. The Newbie Queue can be intimidating for Newbie scum, and even players who are experienced at mafia on other sites. You have no idea of the skills, strengths and weaknesses of the other players. And while that true in reverse and as mafia new to MS players can take advantage of being unknown and underestimated, it's still usually a hard slog to the finish line.

Your kill choices, in particular were great. Getting a mason on Night 1 and not losing a partner on day 1 in the mason setup makes for a much easier game, and you and Korina pulled off both of those challenges.
Thank-you, kindly. That means a lot to me. And thank-you for hosting. I can't wait to re-read the entire thread.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:18 am

Post by Somnus »

Individual Comments:

Andante: I'm sorry you didn't get to play longer. Maybe the soft, squishy part of my heart will die off with more games as scum, but I legit felt bad for you and the way you went out.

LicketyQuickety: I talked Korina into me night-killing you instead of Malcolm. Sorry about that. You played well, even if your time in this game ended up being pretty brief.

Korina: I mentioned it above, but you stressed me the hell out when you came into the game, suggesting all of these wild gambits and whatnot. Don't take this personally, because I'm laughing as I type this. It worked out. You're chaotic and you like to gamble. And I did some brief meta-diving of you and counter-claiming is kind of your thing. I had to play it off in Day 3 like you were doing it to survive, but you and I both knew that wasn't the case. It ended up drawing out the other mason. Hilariously, we were likely going to kill Cat on Night 2 anyway, but confirmation that she was the other mason was a nice bonus. My only regret is that I wasn't around when it all went down, as the plan was for me to bus for extra town credit. Despite us being drastically different playstyle-wise, it all worked out and you certainly earned this win as well.

Cat Scratch Fever: You were an active force in both Days 1 and 2 and kept the game going whenever it showed hints of stalling. You played well, and again, if it makes you feel any better, you were likely getting killed Night 2 as a result of your play anyway.

MalcolmTucker: Like Andante, I genuinely felt bad for you through most of the game. Virtually no one was town-reading you, and yet you handled yourself with ridiculous amounts of class and dignity. The original plan on Day 3 was in fact to get you into Day 4 and rely on Ahri or Cape to mis-lim you. I was bummed at first that things were swinging onto you instead of Progo, but well before the end of Day 3, I realized it was going to work out in my favor. I genuinely did try to get you into Day 4 at first though. My "fence-sitting" as Ahri put it was because I knew Progo was going to jump on and mis-lim you. Me not being on that Day 3 wagon was just to give myself more townie credit. I know we can't comment on ongoing games, so please don't, but just know that I've been following along and I'm rooting really really hard for you right now. I won't elaborate further.

Cape90: Major props for jumping in on such short notice on Day 2 and reading through the entire thread. I went back and forth on whether to Night Kill you or Ahri. I'm not sure how much it would have mattered, but I literally spent hours over the last couple nights out for long walks going through every possible scenario. I originally was considering no-kill, but figured the group would likely vote no-lim on Day 4 anyway.

ProgoWoshua: You're insane, Progo, and I love it. You, Andante, and Malcolm were the ones I felt bad about in this game. For some reason, it doesn't feel as bad to night-kill, but pushing you on Day 3 and briefly on Day 4 did make me uncomfortable. As I said before, it was never personal. I hope you keep working on the Wiki stuff. Yes, I checked it out. Nice work. You're a good dude and I'd love to be town teammates with you in the near future. Just...maybe don't self-vote and put yourself at E-1 when we inevitably end up town together :D

Ahri: I meant what I said. You were an absolute joy to have in the game, particularly in Day 1. You did force a lot of the interactions and a lot of the reads people made were because of things you did. I know you got side-tracked by various other games somewhere during Day 2 in here, but I genuinely hope that you and I are on the same team in the near future. I'd prefer to roll town for my next several games, but an Ahri/Somnus scum team would be siiiiiick.

This game took a lot out of me. By Day 3, I was double and triple-checking before every post to make sure I wasn't making some POV slip. I loved it and I'm going to be playing more (after taking a few weeks off to relax and re-read this entire game), but I couldn't wait for it to be over. You're all great. My only regret is that I couldn't share a victory with all of you, but I hope I get to soon.