Happy Scumday!

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:26 am

Post by Chibiie »

We can call #6 Page of the game thread: The Chibiie
/
Farren
clash page.
Show
Can someone fucking stop Chibiie from getting on my nerves?
- literally everyone

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge.
- Carl Jung

I did not stole this signature format from AaronFrost.
- Chibiie
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Wow, that was a good page. I do believe that the Farren v Chibiie is TvT. But I do agree with Chibiie over Farren on the answering questions section.
In post 139, Farren wrote:
In post 131, Chibiie wrote:You shouldn't state that you want to answer something, but wait for someone else's answer before-hand... I mean... I wanna place a bet on this team, but will wait until they win.

Makes sense?
Disagree. The question was specifically about why Spartan unvoted. If Spartan's scum, me commenting in detail could make him change the answer he gives to sound better. If Spartan's Town and his answer happens to address the issue I'm thinking of *after* I comment, I'll suspect that he changed his answer based on my comments, which will devalue the answer.

By stating publicly that I want to comment, it helps maintain accountability on multiple levels. On my end, I want to make sure I don't forget about it, and commenting in the thread increases the likelihood that someone else will notice and inquire if I do. On Spartan's end, it increases the likelihood that he will answer - either by him seeing the comment directly, effects from me being reminded about it, or something like what happened with ETL and Spartan earlier.

Commenting that I want to hear the answer doesn't change anything, as if I didn't want to hear the answer, I wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.
The way that you described is very WIFOM-y. Like Chibiie stated, if you answer after they answer, your answer could have been influenced by their's. It will devalue your answer because how do we know that you didn't change your answer.
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:00 pm

Post by Chibiie »

What makes you think we're both townies?
I honestly believe that Farren must be scum for his misplays and for his low-profile.

The thing is, his low-profile is showing... He's not keeping a quiet low-profile, but an obvious one.
Like... everyone can tell that he plays over a game plan. You wound act that open and secretive at the same time, unless you don't follow a plan which in order to work, requirements must be met.

I strongly believe there is a scum in Formerfish/Farren and I tend to believe that Farren is more likely to flip red.
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:05 pm

Post by Chibiie »

//Edit: spelling for 2nd paragraph

[...]Like... everyone can tell that he is playing over a game plan. You wouldn't* act that open and secretive at the same time, unless you don't follow a plan which in order to work, requirements must be met. [...]

I'm on the phone, grammar mistakes may happen.
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:27 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 152, Chibiie wrote:What makes you think we're both townies?
I honestly believe that Farren must be scum for his misplays and for his low-profile.

The thing is, his low-profile is showing... He's not keeping a quiet low-profile, but an obvious one.
Like... everyone can tell that he plays over a game plan. You wound act that open and secretive at the same time, unless you don't follow a plan which in order to work, requirements must be met.

I strongly believe there is a scum in Formerfish/Farren and I tend to believe that Farren is more likely to flip red.
I can see where his thought process is coming from when it comes to directed questions. I still don't like his WIFOM response, but having a game plan isn't always scummy. I guess we'll see what he is talking about when he decides to share with the class.

Your play has been pretty consistent with town, so you are TR for me.

As for your Farren/Formerfish flip, I think that fish has a better chance of flipping red.

I would like to hear from the other folks though. I think both scum are just hanging out and letting us do all the work for them.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:28 am

Post by faüstiv »

RIGHT
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:28 am

Post by faüstiv »

*knuckle crack*

Eyes down.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:31 am

Post by faüstiv »

I agree that there's one scum in Fish/Farren. I don't see them to be a team at this stage though.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:36 am

Post by faüstiv »

it wouldn't surprise me if there was a scum in Gilded/Gdooog too.
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:01 am

Post by Chibiie »

@faüstiv
, could you get into more details about the game so far?

The game itself is pretty inactive, so I don't really have much to add to my current stance.
I wish I could analyze all of you, but a dead thread is not helping me out on this.
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:44 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 159, Chibiie wrote:
@faüstiv
, could you get into more details about the game so far?

The game itself is pretty inactive, so I don't really have much to add to my current stance.
I wish I could analyze all of you, but a dead thread is not helping me out on this.
Agreed. Though I know some people said that they would be away for the weekend, it would be nice to get a little traction, anywhere.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:19 am

Post by Farren »

In post 148, Chibiie wrote:It interferes with your ability to read them, however, it opens the door for a new read. (me and anyone else reacting on this)
You tend to ignore this stuff, which Townies tend to focus on actually.
Your hunting style and mine clash to some degree. It could be that you're seeing me as attempting to interfere with your method of reads, just like I see you attempting to interfere with mine.

So how do we resolve this? How do I get my untainted answers from people without impinging on your technique?
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:26 am

Post by Farren »

In post 148, Chibiie wrote:What you're trying to say is that you tunnel-vision on each player individually?
Scums play behind your back then, I don't know...
No.

Tunnel-vision generally implies scum-reading someone without considering the possibility that they're Town - seeing everything they do through a scum-colored filter, ascribing scum motives to every action even when Town motives exist. That can be a good thing - if one's actually looking at scum. Problem is, that isn't always the case.

I do prefer to focus on a smaller subset of the players at a time, when I have the time to do it. I've found that when I try to focus on everyone simultaneously, I spread myself too thin and end up learning nothing. That might work for some players, but it doesn't work for me.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Farren »

In post 148, Chibiie wrote:I creates reactions, people will either agree or disagree with me. It gives the originally asked person a perspective on me and depending on alignment and playstyle, will follow-up with cooperation / doubt.
So to answer your question, yes. It does give ME an insight into their alignment.

Answered all three questions at once :)
Fair enough.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Farren »

In post 148, Chibiie wrote:
In post 144, Farren wrote: Actively trying to interfere with someone's ability to read another benefits scum. Whether or not your statement was flat-out wrong - who knows? Maybe you did answer the question exactly how faustiv would have. But we'll never know for sure now, and that's the problem with it.
I disagree. Actively trying to interfere with someone's ability to read another will throw scum off. I give them stuff to think about, I challenge them with my posts.
Very, very good scums would derail from my original statements and will do it flawlessly, so I cannot tell if they're scum or townies, literally throw me off... That requires some social deceiving skills and I believe Yoda can agree with me when I say that I am a pretty socially skilled.
If you're engaging scum in that way, I could certainly see that throwing them off - if nothing else it serves as pressure. But here you're engaging Town; I'm not seeing how that's going to throw scum off.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Farren »

In post 149, Chibiie wrote:Have you've ever been told something so complex that threw your mind out the window?
Literally put you in a constant thinker state and no way of getting out?

Take the butterfly effect and break it down into a very high-end psychology diagram.
Knowing the human response to certain situation. Having that knowledge to a very advanced degree can lead to becoming a social prophet. Literally know the future of a conversation.
Plenty of times where I've been presented with something too complex to grasp. But too much complexity just causes avoidance rather than overanalysis. It's that fine line between "complex enough to be brainbusting" and "simple enough to *look* like it can be understood" that can cause problems.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Farren »

In post 150, Chibiie wrote:
We can call #6 Page of the game thread: The Chibiie
/
Farren
clash page.
I prefer green, thanks.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Farren »

In post 151, Yodavader wrote:The way that you described is very WIFOM-y. Like Chibiie stated, if you answer after they answer, your answer could have been influenced by their's. It will devalue your answer because how do we know that you didn't change your answer.
My answer *will* change based on Spartan's answer.

In one world, my answer will be polite acknowledgment and dropping the subject.

In another world, my answer will be following up on Spartan's answer.

It'll be pretty obvious which of those two paths I take when the moment arrives.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:31 am

Post by Farren »

The bolded part does not make any sense to me. Please explain further.

What are your definitions of "misplays" and "low-profile?" By mine, my "misplays" are due to poor wording and thinking they're scummy is questionable at best; "low-profile" is laughably false.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Farren »

In post 153, Chibiie wrote://Edit: spelling for 2nd paragraph

[...]Like... everyone can tell that he is playing over a game plan. You wouldn't* act that open and secretive at the same time, unless you don't follow a plan which in order to work, requirements must be met. [...]

I'm on the phone, grammar mistakes may happen.
I see this post; I figured that was a typo; would still like more explanation.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:46 am

Post by Farren »

faüstiv: I would still like you to answer my question in post .

Also, could you explain your thought process going from to ?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:26 am

Post by eth0s »

Prodding Spartan117, Formerfish, TheGildedSun, and Gdooooog123456789.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:28 am

Post by eth0s »

;
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:28 am

Post by eth0s »

;
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:28 am

Post by eth0s »

;