marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:22 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 146, Lukewarm wrote:Is there anything else this game that you think we should be talking about?
im not rlly sure rn, im still trying to figure out my reads >.<
-
whats ur read on alstro (im not sure if thats spelt right, but do u understand who i mean? (:) it was a bit confusing, im not sure where u sit rn :?

and portia and pavowski as well, ive noticed u havent rlly mentioned them :o
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 149, Lukewarm wrote:You think it is better to just go ahead and shoot the easy mis-elim target, then for us to try and scum hunt?
Nah, my thoughts are that we should scum hunt, and then lim the person who seems to be the most anti-town/least pro-town. I was mostly playing devil's advocate since Val seemed too sure that we shouldn't vote N_M so I made a weak case for why we should.

If no one else seems scummier than N_M, we'll eliminate him, but I definitely want to try and find other people first, especially if he is - as you say - a good scum hunter
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:43 am

Post by alstroemerial »

In post 101, Val89 wrote:Are you really trying to spin 73 as Alstro having taken me seriously? I can't speak for them, but I have to say it reads pretty clear to me - if they thought you might be "playing along", then they thought there was a joke of some kind to play along with. I'm sure they can weigh in on the issue.
Just so you all are updated, I'm still trying to digest the total interaction, but to clarify what I meant, I thought Val was joking in the original Not_Mafia post, and then got serious once Luke was putting some pressure on. Kidding out of the way, after that, I took 44 seriously, which is why it pinged me as odd. You can take the two paragraphs in that part of 73 as two separate points. First, that Val's post 44 was weird. Second, pointing out that I took 25 as a joke and then consequently wasn't sure how serious to take Luke at first (now I know the answer is serious).
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 150, marcistar wrote:
In post 146, Lukewarm wrote:Is there anything else this game that you think we should be talking about?
im not rlly sure rn, im still trying to figure out my reads >.<
-
whats ur read on alstro (im not sure if thats spelt right, but do u understand who i mean? (:) it was a bit confusing, im not sure where u sit rn :?

and portia and pavowski as well, ive noticed u havent rlly mentioned them :o
I am leaning more town for Alstro after 73. My biggest concern early on was that they were not engaging with the game, but in that one post he touched on Val, me, and Zyla, and this line seemed pro town
In post 73, alstroemerial wrote:My other thought is that I want to keep Not_Mafia around for at least a while because taking him out immediately just because he has a certain... history seems like a recipe for an easy miselim. So I don't love how fast that turned into a wagon
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:48 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 152, alstroemerial wrote:
In post 101, Val89 wrote:Are you really trying to spin 73 as Alstro having taken me seriously? I can't speak for them, but I have to say it reads pretty clear to me - if they thought you might be "playing along", then they thought there was a joke of some kind to play along with. I'm sure they can weigh in on the issue.
Just so you all are updated, I'm still trying to digest the total interaction, but to clarify what I meant, I thought Val was joking in the original Not_Mafia post, and then got serious once Luke was putting some pressure on. Kidding out of the way, after that, I took 44 seriously, which is why it pinged me as odd. You can take the two paragraphs in that part of 73 as two separate points. First, that Val's post 44 was weird. Second, pointing out that I took 25 as a joke and then consequently wasn't sure how serious to take Luke at first (now I know the answer is serious).
This is how I read your original post

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 150, marcistar wrote:and portia and pavowski as well, ive noticed u havent rlly mentioned them
They are both in a "I need more content from them" category

From experience, Pavowski is not someone that I can read very well :/

In our first game, he replaced into a slot that I was pretty sure was town, and he tanked that read a bit in my eyes. It was in fact a town slot, so I am aware that I don't really read his posts as town, even when he is town :oops: :oops:

alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:55 am

Post by alstroemerial »

In post 110, Portia wrote:
In post 106, Val89 wrote:that you were defending a scum partner
Is it pre-flip associations time? Let me get the popcorn.

VOTE: Val

AMA while I read backwards.
Welcome, can you explain this quote and vote a bit more? What you have here is a fragment of a sentence, while the whole sentence is
In post 106, Val89 wrote:The thing I think might potentially be scummy is the fact that you took
something I thought was obviously non-serious, that you were defending a scum partner
, as serious, when at least some other players did not.
Bold is mine -- taking the whole sentence shows that Val was not really going with pre-flip associations because it wasn't serious. Even if you're reading backwards, it's not just in the same post but the same sentence.
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:06 am

Post by alstroemerial »

Ok I see in that Val made the same point but I'm still confused on how that got missed
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:09 am

Post by alstroemerial »

In post 119, Pavowski wrote:Man. When I left it the Luke/Val thing felt town v town to me, but the fact that it's still going strong makes me .... less convinced. But since that truck seems firmly in the ditch, and I think it's early for anybody to be at e-2, let's try to change the subject a little bit.
I'm curious about this, since e-2 isn't necessarily a quickhammer risk. If you're thinking there could be scum in {Luke, Val} which do you think is more likely? On a related note...
In post 120, Portia wrote:^^^
*puts vote away
*asks other person y no vote

There’s something about the implicit contradiction in that post that just rings town to me.
Why? Isn't it just a bit hypocritical?

Getting to Zyla's question to me next, but trying to break up my posts more in contrast to last game
alstroemerial
alstroemerial
Goon
alstroemerial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:26 am

Post by alstroemerial »

In post 121, Zyla wrote:
In post 73, alstroemerial wrote:Ah here we go -- I have my eye on Zyla a bit already because [ongoing games] but it's more of a lean than a read at this point
I'm going to say that I'm a little bit confused since we aren't in any games together. Since we can talk about 2068, which we were both in, does that do anything to help or harm me in your eyes?
Yeah, it's not a game we're both in. I went back and forth on what to say but decided to really err on the side of caution with the ongoing games thing. In terms of 2068, what I'll say is that my hunch was coming also in part from comparing your town play in 2068 with your scum play in The Backrooms (2065), and at the time I thought I was seeing more in line with 2065. The most recent string of posts (starting 140ish) makes me feel better, putting you more at a null.

For now I'll shift to VOTE: Pavowski because of his relatively low content (except for Umlaut who is V/LA and Not_Mafia, of whom I have low expectations...)

PS: I checked around Marci's topics and found a newbie game where town!Marci didn't vote until after post 500...
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:29 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 159, alstroemerial wrote:I checked around Marci's topics and found a newbie game where town!Marci didn't vote until after post 500...
Marci :dead: :dead: :dead:

Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 123, marcistar wrote:
In post 119, Pavowski wrote:Man. When I left it the Luke/Val thing felt town v town to me, but
the fact that it's still going strong makes me .... less convinced.
But since that truck seems firmly in the ditch, and I think it's early for anybody to be at e-2, let's try to change the subject a little bit.
which part of it isnt convincing, lukes side or val89s side?

To be honest, neither side looks particularly good after all that, but it honestly feels like Luke is trying to find a way to justify his case. I think Portia said he feels thoroughly tunneled, and I'd agree
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 128, Lukewarm wrote:After playing like 4-ish games with Not_Mafia, I am against a Day 1 Not_Mafia elim, and generally suspicious of people who lean into eliming him Day 1 -- he is an easy miselim target / angle for the scum team to push. Plus, I have also found him to be a pretty good scum hunter, and would like to see any pushes that he leans into before I personally try to sort him.

Although, I do not believe I have actually encountered scum Not_Mafia before
Is anybody actually making a case for a NM elim right now? The worst he's done from where I sit is not post very much and cast a reflexive vote on Umlaut
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:54 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 160, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 159, alstroemerial wrote:I checked around Marci's topics and found a newbie game where town!Marci didn't vote until after post 500...
Marci :dead: :dead: :dead:
In post 162, Pavowski wrote:Is anybody actually making a case for a NM elim right now? The worst he's done from where I sit is not post very much and cast a reflexive vote on Umlaut
i dont think so, zylas and are the most serious points raised against him if you choose to believe val was joking :P but even then, it doesnt seem like it'll hold too much weight.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 159, alstroemerial wrote:
For now I'll shift to VOTE: Pavowski because of his relatively low content (except for Umlaut who is V/LA and Not_Mafia, of whom I have low expectations...)
I've been trying to evaluate things as I see them. What would you like to see out of me?
Lukewarm wrote:
In post 150, marcistar wrote:and portia and pavowski as well, ive noticed u havent rlly mentioned them
They are both in a "I need more content from them" category

From experience, Pavowski is not someone that I can read very well :/

In our first game, he replaced into a slot that I was pretty sure was town, and he tanked that read a bit in my eyes. It was in fact a town slot, so I am aware that I don't really read his posts as town, even when he is town :oops: :oops:
For what it's worth, I also tend to find Luke, like Dostoevsky, a difficult read
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@Portia -- I am reading through your iso, but I cannot find anything where you have taken stances on anyother slots - one way or the other

Do you have any reads? Even just gut feelings?

Portia
Portia
Townie
Portia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by Portia »

Do you see the one w the triangles. Take that and stuff it up you ass.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 166, Portia wrote:Do you see the one w the triangles. Take that and stuff it up you ass.
This response is... unexpected.

I guess I did miss a single "rings town" from you, but I was just trying to engage you and get a feel for your reads/thoughts this game :dead: :dead: :dead:

Fuck me I guess

Portia
Portia
Townie
Portia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Portia »

Works for me.

I was finding your tunnel unhelpful.

I don’t have much in the way of reads or leans but that’s fairly standard for me until I get a flip or two.

I don’t think you v p person is tvt.

I tend to think Marci is fairly Newb town.

I’m most interested in sorting the Lebowski person.

But I don’t have much to offer for now so don’t mind sticking to the sidelines and I’ll jump out when I have rea thoughts.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 168, Portia wrote:I don’t think you v p person is tvt.

I tend to think Marci is fairly Newb town.
-- me v "p person" ?

-- What makes you think Marci is town? Any posts stand out to you?

Portia
Portia
Townie
Portia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Portia »

P person = Val. Don’t ask me how the brain transposed that.

No, just an ethos on Marci. The non voting matters some given meta consistency.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I was hoping you had something that was helping you lean town. Having played against (and almost lost to) scum!Marci, I am still on the fence with her

marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by marcistar »

has anyone played with pavoski before, does he usually play in this laid back style?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Zyla »

It's pretty consistent, yeah, he ends up giving more input when there's more info
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 168, Portia wrote:I was finding your tunnel unhelpful.

---

I don’t think you v
p person
Val is tvt.
This is an interesting combination of thoughts for you to have.

You think that my 1v1 was both unhelpful, and you also think that it narrowed scum down to being between 2 people?