He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... #p12817491

Can you explain the difference Datisi?

The only difference I find is with you than Umlaut here, but I am also horrible at meta reads so I am hoping you can go “Math you dumb dumb this is why” in a super nice way
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:27 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In post 1568, Lukewarm wrote:My stance for like 75% of the day was Chaos>Meg.

Yes I thought that meg was scummy too, but I compromised away from my top preference Day 1.
In post 398, Lukewarm wrote:I have a strong preference to a Chaos > Meg elim day 1.

I think that they are both about equally scummy, but Meg having actually no opinions in thread means that we don't get any associatives from a Meg flip.
In post 670, Lukewarm wrote:I still think that both Meg and Chaos are scummy, but I my preference for chaos is falling away.

Meg has gained some associatives recently, more in how other people (and not just prism) have interacted with the slot then just their recent read list, and the lack of meg associaives was the main thing pushing me towards flipping chaos first.
In post 917, Lukewarm wrote:My top scum reads are chaos and meg, and I want to elim in those 2 personally.

I had a preference for chaos, but thought meg was also a good choice. that preference has gone away due to other slots interaction with the meg wagon
Your preference seemed to be for Meg most of D1, but favoring me due to lack of associatives. Describing it as a compromise feels wrong, she got more associatives and became a better lim candidate from your progression here it looks like.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:28 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In post 1572, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1569, ChaosOmega wrote:It feels like Gamma and Luke are both trying to pull momentum away from Umlaut here.
Explain why this has to be an either or situation.

Far as I am concerned my vote would be about game health and you’re both scummy AF to me.
I don't know what the either or here is referring to.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1577, ChaosOmega wrote:
In post 1569, ChaosOmega wrote:It feels like Gamma and Luke are both trying to pull momentum away from Umlaut here.

Far as I am concerned my vote would be about game health and you’re both scummy AF to me.
Why should I town read you?

Why does it have to be a pull away momentum from Umlaut?

Why does Umlaut have to be scum and you town? Don’t get me wrong I scumread Umlaut but I do this dishonest framing as scum all the time. I hate black and white fallacies.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

You both quite frankly could be scum and the more people dig in and say no the more I lean that way being the case.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:49 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In post 1578, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1577, ChaosOmega wrote:

Why should I town read you?

Why does it have to be a pull away momentum from Umlaut?

Why does Umlaut have to be scum and you town? Don’t get me wrong I scumread Umlaut but I do this dishonest framing as scum all the time. I hate black and white fallacies.
Because I'm town? If you think I'm pushing an angle here and I'm not being genuine then vote me, but I don't know what you want in terms of why you should town read me.

Umlaut seems to be settled as the top lim choice today. Gamma and Luke (other than Umlaut I guess, but honestly not really) are the main people fighting that, either by pushing for my lim or trying to towncase Umlaut. Now for some speculation. With the info that only 3 people have access to a PT, I think there is a higher than normal chance of a traitor being in the game. If so, there is only 2 group-scum, and I think there is going to be more of a defense put up to save a partner in that scenario. I might have tunnel vision here a bit at this point, my solve right now is Umlaut/Lukewarm with Gamma as a traitor.

And again, not sure what you're looking for with this question. My point is something I'm seeing in the game, I'm coming into it with a bias that I think Umlaut is scum and therefore this action being done is suspicious, but I'm not trying to imply a dichotomy here. From your perspective if you're town, me/Umlaut interaction could be T-T, T-S, S-T, or S-S. So uh, you figure it out I guess?
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:00 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1580, ChaosOmega wrote:Now for some speculation. With the info that only 3 people have access to a PT, I think there is a higher than normal chance of a traitor being in the game.
actually no, the odds of a traitor, who doesn't have access to a pt, drop to zero. if there are three scum, two with a pt, where's the third player with it? can't be a townie, since they would immediately know what their partner is scum.

i think it would use you to rethink a little bit, i get you think umlaut is scum, but both his partners being that obvious in trying to save him would be a bit... unlikely, at least?

@math, i'll get to your q later, about to leave the house right now.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:08 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In post 1581, Datisi wrote:
In post 1580, ChaosOmega wrote:Now for some speculation. With the info that only 3 people have access to a PT, I think there is a higher than normal chance of a traitor being in the game.
actually no, the odds of a traitor, who doesn't have access to a pt, drop to zero. if there are three scum, two with a pt, where's the third player with it? can't be a townie, since they would immediately know what their partner is scum.

i think it would use you to rethink a little bit, i get you think umlaut is scum, but both his partners being that obvious in trying to save him would be a bit... unlikely, at least?

Town neighborizer could be 1 of the 3. I just feel like since it was mentioned, it's trying to troll us in some way.

And agreed, it's unlikely it is that obvious. Still want to flip Umlaut first before really digging into that, but if Umlaut does flip scum, I think there is definitely one scum in Lukewarm/Gamma at least.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The issue is idk if there’s a standardized way for neighborizer to start (with or without a hood)
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:10 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1581, Datisi wrote:

not to tryhard but i had a normal where neighborizer started with their PT and wrote in it and left notes for the next person when they died n1 while using their action
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

and now i cant find that game and cba to so hf
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Datisi »

yeah, but the issue is - 2 main mafia are 2 people witb a pt, town neighbour is the 3rd. because they know there can only be 3 people with a pt, they automatically know their neighbour has to be scum.

that's fair. is there anyone other than gamma/luke who you don't townread/scumread, associates aside?

pedit: i got distracted

maybe we should ask the mod if a neighbourized would count as having a pt, but i'm like 95% sure i read on the wiki they don't start with one as per the normal rules but also i'm tired right now so

also hi koba do you have any thoughts on the game
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:18 am

Post by DkKoba »

yes, i think im having a good time.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

im using this game as a test to see if i can intentionally not WIM so i can mimic this when i roll scum btw - and also so scum dont kill me because im a fun role :3
(DM me)

Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:20 am

Post by Datisi »

...any alignment thoughts on anyone?
~M
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:20 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

I asked the mod hypothetically, if a Town Neighborizer with no neighbors was in this game, would they count as 1 of the 3 people with access to a PT, and was told they would.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:21 am

Post by Datisi »

huh. well okay then.
~M
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1586, Datisi wrote:yeah, but the issue is - 2 main mafia are 2 people witb a pt, town neighbour is the 3rd. because they know there can only be 3 people with a pt, they automatically know their neighbour has to be scum.

that's fair. is there anyone other than gamma/luke who you don't townread/scumread, associates aside?

pedit: i got distracted

maybe we should ask the mod if a neighbourized would count as having a pt, but i'm like 95% sure i read on the wiki they don't start with one as per the normal rules but also i'm tired right now so

also hi koba do you have any thoughts on the game
If the town neighbor start with someone in the PT that would be correct
But I already stated when we started down the setup spec road that the statement in the OP only went for the start of the game. A neighborizer wouldn’t have the privilege of that knowledge
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:26 am

Post by DkKoba »

who cares, just kill the baddies lol
(DM me)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1590, ChaosOmega wrote:I asked the mod hypothetically, if a Town Neighborizer with no neighbors was in this game, would they count as 1 of the 3 people with access to a PT, and was told they would.
Neat, that’s squared away then

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:36 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1592, Gamma Emerald wrote:But I already stated when we started down the setup spec road that the statement in the OP only went for the start of the game.
i am aware of that, i was discussing whether a neighbourizer starts in a pt at the start of the game or not. i thought they wouldn't, but i guess i was wrong.
~M
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

It’s less that they don’t start in it and more that it doesn’t matter whether they did because they’d count to the number in the post if the PT started as open or not

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Titus »

I thought about a possible solution to this while driving. A traitor. Then two scum, 1 neighborizer.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Titus »

Or just 3 scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Umlaut »

Welcome to the game, still more replacement(s)
In post 1464, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Alch

Experiment time!
In post 1465, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Unvote

Nevermind bad idea.

Datisi I will make you a deal. I will vote Umlaut right now for the low low price of “told you so” post game.
What exactly was the plan with this experiment? Like what were you hoping would happen?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs