PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2046, the worst wrote:@pooky
just re-stating: i have like no hesitance in saying skitter is probably the overall-best player active onsite rn, across both alignments. she's also not polarised (i.e. neither alignment is overwhelmingly better than the other, which is often the case for players at rand)
yea I kind of got that feeling from the massive amounts of reverence DonC was throwing at her feet when he was spazzing hate at Koba.
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by the worst »

cool, that's fair.

i'm pretty strongly against like e.g. policy eliminating people because they're good at scum or whatever. this isn't along those lines. i'm just very mindful that you really need to go down the rabbit hole to get an accurate read on players of such a high calibre so if i die i don't want to go out without people understanding that skitter isn't town.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:18 pm

In post 1932, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1929, lilith2013 wrote:@skitter Is aldus your second-most-likely-scum?
i guess by poe, yes

starting to feel like there might be scum in the townreads tho cuz everyone having hte same like 3-person poe is starting to feel a bit Not Right
In post 1939, skitter30 wrote:ok can we talk more about aldu's sudden paranoia on me tho, once people started talking about aldu/me being a thing (and he became aware of it)

from my pov knowing that i'm town it kinda seems like he's trying to play up that association suddenly
These two posts ping me for the following reasons-

It feels like skitter is very resigned to the aldus-read as her 2nd-most-likely-scum - and she is not happy to lynch aldus - this is strange because I think if you don't have traction for your #1 target, you should be at least ok with your number 2 target being lynched. Instead she seems low-key disappointed for some reason and is trying to expand the scum-pool.

What it feels like to me is that Skitter is not happy with Aldus's play so far in this game, and she is also not happy with how fast and quickly the scumpool has shrunk - mostly through fairly cringy emo arguments over random bullshit. Her push on TW feels like she needs TW as a possibility rather than she actually believes TW is scum.

Secondly her post 139 doesn't make sense for the following reason: she seems worried about the associative with Aldus - as in she's worried that if he flips scum people will push her next - this doesn't make a lot of sense to me because:

1) Normal town reaction to D1 scum lynch should be excitement - not worried that you will get somehow tied to him.
2) If she is actually believes that Scum-Aldus is trying to bring her down with him - she should be enthusiastically pushing for his eviction since she thinks he's scum - not trying to push TW. \

If you read her posts in the last several pages - it feels she's more concerned about self-preservation post an aldus- scumflip than whether aldus is scum in the first place - it almost feels like she already knows we will evict aldus and he will flip scum and some of her frustration with his play is starting to feel evident.
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:20 pm

ok now that I thought about it some more, here's why I don't like this post:
In post 1932, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1929, lilith2013 wrote:@skitter Is aldus your second-most-likely-scum?
i guess by poe, yes

starting to feel like there might be scum in the townreads tho cuz everyone having hte same like 3-person poe is starting to feel a bit Not Right

Her principal reaction is to the POE - it's not to the case against aldus, it's not a read of his play so far, it's not saying whether he's scum or not - she's focussing on the POE rather than the player alignment/read which makes me think her thoughts are not about whether Aldus is going to flip scum or town, but how she plays the game post an Aldus flip and that's not a natural town thought to have.
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:25 pm

In post 1956, skitter30 wrote:i'm working on aldu
(partially while talking to you, like as i'm talking i'm kinda like refining what i'm thinking about it)

i think the most concerning thing about him to me rn is whether or not he's trying to tie me to scum!him
i don't know if i can get a further sense of clarity here without talking to him and getting him to elaborate why that thought occured to him at that point
like I don't get this post - why is the most concerning thing to her whether Aldus is trying to tie in to her? Shouldn't the most important thing be whether Aldus is scum or town?

I feel too many of her posts in the last few pages have focussed on self-preservation rather than scum-hunting or game solving and it doesn't make sense because she's not really under threat at the moment. it feels like she is preparing for a day 2 where aldus has flipped scum and we are moving on to her rather than a day 1 where we are trying to figure out if aldus is scum or not.
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 2045, the worst wrote:https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... er_sort=Go

scum!skitter picking a fight with me over nothing (which she ADAMANTLY INSISTS is not within her scum m.o. lol).

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=150&t=81720
skitter reacting to epic big fights with a similar level of sincerity (i.e. it is within her scumrange); i also think her play here disrgearding the fight reactions in general has been along a similar path of trying to feel out the gamestate and react with what looks good rather than find scum.
Perhaps my tl is a bit premature but I don’t think so because she was kind of being a bit of a tryhard in both of those games and her reactions seemed a bit overblown. Plus, I’m pretty sure I’d be strongly tl you in both of those games. I had you as my #1 tr in TM in fact. You were so bleeding obvtown in that, I was really smdh that you got misexececuted.

At any rate, if she is town, she is good at solving so even if I’m less sure now. I still think she’s not a good vote for today.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

just re-stating: i have like no hesitance in saying skitter is probably the overall-best player active onsite rn, across both alignments. she's also not polarised (i.e. neither alignment is overwhelmingly better than the other, which is often the case for players at rand)
This in a nutshell is why she shouldn’t be today’s execution. Now if we were talking about say FL who is brilliant as scum but not so hot as town, I still wouldn’t want to vote him if I tl him but in contrast - if that Jingle game is any basis - he isn’t particularly likely to help solve the game.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:45 pm

I'm kind of confused why you are defending skitter as not a good execute today when she's nowhere close to being ex'd? I'm still very much in favor of axing aldus first.
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2052, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:If you read her posts in the last several pages - it feels she's more concerned about self-preservation post an aldus- scumflip than whether aldus is scum in the first place - it almost feels like she already knows we will evict aldus and he will flip scum and some of her frustration with his play is starting to feel evident.
ding ding.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:07 pm

Post by the worst »

tbqh i think scum!skitter gets more and more dangerous as the game goes on and i'd be like. very interested in eliminating her today. :/
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:07 pm

if aldus flips red she is probly toast tommorrow
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by the worst »

sigh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by the worst »

i'm fine with that
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:15 pm

I guess I can see why you would want her gone today first as you think she is much more of a threat than aldus
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by the worst »

i also feel like this isn't... gaining traction
like if i'm being resisted by an incorrect townread, it's a skitter partner before it's an aldus partner.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:02 pm

Post by Datisi »

the only thing that the past ~3 pages have accomplished is making me want to execute between skitter and duck until we get a red flip (and maybe even further) even more

other than my initial impression of "skit and duck are both good players, and i doubt if they were TvT they would both be scumreading each other like this", now it's the fact that, while this dance is going, i don't think anyone is excitedly jumping around it trying to push one of them through (unless you wanna argue i'm doing that, but eh...) which is sorta what i'd expect if they *were* TvT

in other words, big sad. help.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

Aw thanks!

And ok ok i'll be Serious. I absolutely admit i was being kinda silly last night but i was having fun bickering over sweet nothings

Anyways, i think i've figured out where i'm going wrong in my townreads: the bugs slot. I think raven's entrance is indicative of scum!her. I think she's putting a lot of effort into showing that she townreads me and is willing to work with me ... cept i dont think that how she's approaching me makes much sense given her read on me based on what she's read up until those points. Like the actions (defending me, talking to me like she thinks i'm town) are stronger than i think they should be upon repping in, not having read the parts of the game yet that i'm really in, and thus having a stronger than seens reasonable tr on me
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2045, the worst wrote:react with what looks good
Oh i absolutely disagree that this is what i was trying to accomplish
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:34 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2065, Datisi wrote:, i don't think anyone is excitedly jumping around it trying to push one of them through (unless you wanna argue i'm doing that, but eh...) which is sorta what i'd expect if they *were* TvT
Yeah ok. I shall Stop, i recognize i wasnt being super helpful.
But i finally found another scumread that i feel somewhat confidant about, so will vote there and see what happens

VOTE: raven

Pooky i'll get to ur posts when i'm at a pc in like two hours
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:38 am

Post by Datisi »

is there a reason you quoted that part of the post from me?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

Just kinda acknowleding that you feel the gamestate is kinda messed up now
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:41 am

Post by Datisi »

i don't think the gamestate is messed up, i think there's scum in you/duck, and it Fucking Scares Me
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

I can understand that
Incidentally, it's not me, and i would support a duck wagon

Is there anything u wanna talk to me about on my end ?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:56 am

Post by Datisi »

i wish donc was here.

no, not right now. i kinda want to see ~where this goes~ for now. at the moment i don't think i could make any argument that you wouldn't shut right down, regardless of your alignment.
~M
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:13 am

Post by lilith2013 »