Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Kazyan »

Thanks, folks.

I didn't get an answer from eth0s, so I'll just UNVOTE: for now. I've got a new less-paralyzing idea about how to scan for scum now, and will implement that today, including a meaningful vote.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:25 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

I've read through your readslist Krazy and I didn't know what to think about it, because as I said I'd like to hope you are townie, but I just don't know, however, the tone of feels like caught scum to me.

This:
In post 215, 2ndchosen1 wrote:I was just trying to get in the conversation after not really seeing anything of major significance.
"I was just"
feels like "how could you scumread me, I'm doing what everyone else is doing?" which just feels like disappointed scum to me.

And this:
In post 215, 2ndchosen1 wrote:the "why did you think the emotes are that important Krazy" question was more a "Am I missing something?" question.
Feels like a backpedal. When 2nd came out he wasn't necessarily trying to see if he was missing something, iirc he came out pretty confidently with his reads and his questioning, but when Krazy called him out and started scumreading him, his tone changed. Now it feels like he's pleading. What do you think @Krazy, @Kazyan, @Meuh, @Ethos

VOTE: 2ndchosen1 I believe that's E-2

BTW, @Eth0s: do you feel you have a more solid read on Krazy now so that I can ease my mind a bit?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:39 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Oh I forgot @ Cantrip
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:07 am

Post by Kazyan »

IVD: I have a specific thought on 2ndchosen1, but will wait on additional content from him before sharing it.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:10 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

No worries. We have time.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:55 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 226, ItalianoVD wrote:I've read through your readslist Krazy and I didn't know what to think about it, because as I said I'd like to hope you are townie, but I just don't know, however, the tone of feels like caught scum to me.

This:
In post 215, 2ndchosen1 wrote:I was just trying to get in the conversation after not really seeing anything of major significance.
"I was just"
feels like "how could you scumread me, I'm doing what everyone else is doing?" which just feels like disappointed scum to me.

And this:
In post 215, 2ndchosen1 wrote:the "why did you think the emotes are that important Krazy" question was more a "Am I missing something?" question.
Feels like a backpedal. When 2nd came out he wasn't necessarily trying to see if he was missing something, iirc he came out pretty confidently with his reads and his questioning, but when Krazy called him out and started scumreading him, his tone changed. Now it feels like he's pleading. What do you think @Krazy, @Kazyan, @Meuh, @Ethos

VOTE: 2ndchosen1 I believe that's E-2

BTW, @Eth0s: do you feel you have a more solid read on Krazy now so that I can ease my mind a bit?
I agree with your thoughts on 2nd here. There's an annoyed, almost angry tone that has picked up since Krazy has started calling him out. It would make sense from a scum 2nd, he turned from widespread townleans to a lot of scumleans in a pretty short span of time, and he could view the logic as faulty due to how quick the shift seemed to have been and like you said, the feeling he's doing the same as everyone else, and thus does not deserve to be scumread.

2nd has the scummiest tone out of anyone in the game so far imo, although maybe not the scummiest content/reads within those posts? Either way I like having my vote on him, and this is the most confident I've been in a scumread so far. :lol: :cool:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Meuh »

Also @Italiano, why @ those specific people? (Krazy, Kazyan, me, Ethos and Cantrip) and exclude Marci + Harumi?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:26 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 231, Meuh wrote:Also @Italiano, why @ those specific people? (Krazy, Kazyan, me, Ethos and Cantrip) and exclude Marci + Harumi?
Is it not obvious? :wink:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:53 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 232, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 231, Meuh wrote:Also @Italiano, why @ those specific people? (Krazy, Kazyan, me, Ethos and Cantrip) and exclude Marci + Harumi?
No it isn't :cry: my brain isn't that big
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:01 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 233, Meuh wrote:
Lol. I’m townleaning the ones I asked. The ones I didn’t ask I either don’t townlean or I have questions about.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 234, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 233, Meuh wrote:
Lol. I’m townleaning the ones I asked. The ones I didn’t ask I either don’t townlean or I have questions about.
That was the vibe I was getting but I didn't wanna assume that and sound dumb :lol:
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Kazyan »

Okay, I looked through a bunch of ISOs with a new mindset. Meuh is scum.

The reasons for this is that all of her votes are opportunistic, backed by shallow reads. She previously expressed suspicion about Harumi in 75 and then about Krazy in 83. In 110, she jumps on the chance to call them a team, only because I suggested it first, and pressures Krazy for an explanation. Meuh's vote moves to Harumi in 181, but only did this because she could join IVD's Harumi vote in 119--Meuh did not have a Harumi vote previously, despite a scumlean over 100 posts earlier. Meuh townleaning 2ndchosen1 in 181, but then Krazy made a hard push to against 2ndchosen1 in 191. Then that townlean reverses over the course of two posts, and she jump on the 2ndchosen1 wagons, since that's the powertown's choice. All the while, she's playing dumb with comments like in 233.

VOTE: Meuh

Stop yelling at 2ndchosen1 for being confused about proper word choice around anime girls. Yeet Meuh instead.
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:38 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 233, Meuh wrote:
whats ur read for me? what questions do u have about me?
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:44 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 236, Kazyan wrote:Okay, I looked through a bunch of ISOs with a new mindset. Meuh is scum.

The reasons for this is that all of her votes are opportunistic, backed by shallow reads. She previously expressed suspicion about Harumi in 75 and then about Krazy in 83. In 110, she jumps on the chance to call them a team, only because I suggested it first, and pressures Krazy for an explanation. Meuh's vote moves to Harumi in 181, but only did this because she could join IVD's Harumi vote in 119--Meuh did not have a Harumi vote previously, despite a scumlean over 100 posts earlier. Meuh townleaning 2ndchosen1 in 181, but then Krazy made a hard push to against 2ndchosen1 in 191. Then that townlean reverses over the course of two posts, and she jump on the 2ndchosen1 wagons, since that's the powertown's choice. All the while, she's playing dumb with comments like in 233.

Stop yelling at 2ndchosen1 for being confused about proper word choice around anime girls. Yeet Meuh instead.
hmmm, i did not see this in meuh tbh, i thought she just forgot how to play mafia.

But i do agree that 2nd isnt a good vote. To me, 2nd seems like an easy push and i don't rlly see much wrong about them, (tho everyones saying tone??)
I wouldn't mind meuh being todays elimination. as i did see other things i found scummy about her earlier. i think you brought up good points kazyan. i don't like my vote as much rn. UNVOTE: though i think ill wait to jump on meuh to see what others think also.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:53 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 237, marcistar wrote:
In post 233, Meuh wrote:
I have you at null, but because of what has changed for 2ndchosen for me, your post makes me think you could be a potential partner, if in fact 2nd does flip scum.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 236, Kazyan wrote:Okay, I looked through a bunch of ISOs with a new mindset. Meuh is scum.

"Playing dumb" I'm just genuinely not sure what he's saying there? and I haven't played a serious or read based mafia game since like... April, I'm trying to learn how things are going, and sometimes that goes along with being confused and asking obvious questions sometimes.

I already thought of the Krazy x Harumi duo before you mentioned it because of their odd interactions, I guess you brought it up first?

I'm having a generally hard time forming solid reads. When someone makes an accusation, I look further into it, which ig biases me towards having the same scumreads as others. Like I said on my readlist earlier, I kept switching around my reads, cause I just... can't seem to figure out what I think.

Shallow and opportunistic votes are the easiest to follow for my small brain getting adjusted to the game, so that's what I'm going with. The push on 2nd made me question my original read, so I went back, reread, and got some weird vibes from- like I said, the lack of analysis in his first few posts and his progressively angrier and more annoyed tone. :cool:

Oh no, I've been caught!!!!1!!!!111! :lol:
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:14 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 239, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 237, marcistar wrote:
In post 233, Meuh wrote:
I have you at null, but because of what has changed for 2ndchosen for me, your post makes me think you could be a potential partner, if in fact 2nd does flip scum.
well then let me be a potential partner for 2nd :P :P :P

i don't see anything that seems off in their UHHH idk what its called :cry: :cry: when u do the
Display posts by user:
All users
[ + ]
and change that stuff at the bottom of the page.. (unless if im missing anything..?) so i honestly don't see them as the best vote for today. if anything they just look like an inactive..?
what im keeping in my mind is that since they're so inactive, wouldn't they be such an easy mislynch? i dont want that to happen..
and everyone piling so fast onto them... when that happens usually i dont think its a good thing..

if it makes me scummy for thinking this its fine. but this is what i think :cry:
i dont see why they're scummy...? somebody should go into depth for me about it cuz i dont see it-
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:17 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Hmm. That’s actually a good observation and something I definitely missed. Although I didn’t think you were gonna make a read until 2nd posted.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:21 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

i can't really do anything but explain what my thoufgts were at the time to a "there wasn't enough content for me" argument. maybe i'm just bad at tone in text as most people in my last game had me as null basivally throughout despite actually wanting to look town. I should rwally use more emoticons to help me fit in even more or to force a chsnge my tone? :yawn:

@krazy as for my reads
biggest town read - kazyan, their thoughts and actions seem unchanged from our previous gane where he was town. Seems provides a solid analysis and acknowledges flaws pointed out to them rsther quickly, yet not defensively.
biggest scum read - krazy, the posts on ypu are performative yet aasertive, and I get scum vibes from it. if my stuff is content bare how am i supposed to take stuff like you qupting things and just saying "townie" the least i could see is "townie because ..." so i could follow some reasoning. i've seen people hide behind this. anythimg i say to your wall will be twisted out of proportion, by you or other scum. I will admit meuh is competing for the position, but you're an SE and I expected more reasoning behind stuff? Problems should not be multiplied without necessity and doing full game readlists in D1 seems unhelpful and at worst obscuring. of most interest to me is how you have Meuh in the center of that readlist despite what has been brought up, supposedly even I was supposed to have some kind of stance on them in my first post, Null was simply not good enough. Seems to be the safest place to put a scum partner for you?

@meuh, only had the one real scumleam declaration at the time of your post. when/how would a reasonable ex[ansion of my reads be appropriate? my past posts only some townlesn reads and justifications for those townleams. not exactly hiding behind my reads. following people just to follow is how one loses as town. Be receptive but skeptical, message and intent matters
"oh no, i've been caught!!!!1!!!!111! :lol:"
"haha, it's definitely not me!!!! me just smooth brain" at least i'm not just invoking hanlon's razor. i gave a pass on the iioa list and maybe it's confbias, but i hid behind the things you have done in my last game and have even explained to a degree how that can come across as scummy, yet it still happens?

I'll be on more later this evening after I make suooer
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:39 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 243, 2ndchosen1 wrote: @meuh, only had the one real scumleam declaration at the time of your post. when/how would a reasonable ex[ansion of my reads be appropriate? my past posts only some townlesn reads and justifications for those townleams. not exactly hiding behind my reads. following people just to follow is how one loses as town. Be receptive but skeptical, message and intent matters
"oh no, i've been caught!!!!1!!!!111! :lol:"
"haha, it's definitely not me!!!! me just smooth brain" at least i'm not just invoking hanlon's razor. i gave a pass on the iioa list and maybe it's confbias, but i hid behind the things you have done in my last game and have even explained to a degree how that can come across as scummy, yet it still happens?

I'll be on more later this evening after I make suooer
"i gave a pass on the iioa list and maybe it's confbias, but i hid behind the things you have done in my last game and have even explained to a degree how that can come across as scummy, yet it still happens?"

I have no clue what you're trying to say here in the second half of your sentence. What last game? This is my first game on this website...

And no, I'm not gonna pretend to be some mafia goddess, I'm not playing excellently. I understand how some of my behavior can come across as scummy, which is why I explain the reasoning behind them (usually either me being used to a different website, thus carrying over behaviors from there like constantly joking about being scum, and just not being used to scumreading as I haven't done it in months), instead of pretending either those behaviors don't exist or aren't scummy, as lying as a town member isn't how we're gonna make progress. :cool: Just going "yes I'm scum!" is kinda my natural reaction to being accused, cause I like memeing around in games.

I'd recommend rereading your posts a bit more, cause this is tough to understand ngl
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I'll condense the soup about you then

I'm saying that I've been in a total of two games, the rest of my experience is literally just among us. My first game I expressed behavior I find similar to yours, and I was scum in that game. specifically the read listing and the "I don't know what I'm doing though" remind me of myself in that game.
"Playing dumb" I'm just genuinely not sure what he's saying there? and I haven't played a serious or read based mafia game since like... April
I don't know how many games you've done on these other sites, and maybe your skills have degraded since, I also haven't played Settler's of Catan in over a year and yet I feel I could still play a mean game of it, I would expect certain fundamentals to be around.

I understand that you haven't necessarily played on this site before. Forum posting isn't exactly my forte either, I don't think I've really got a handle on tone to any real degree for any role. it's why I initially have taken you as Nullread. What do you think of me right now? has any of the others voting on me or you stood out and why?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 245, 2ndchosen1 wrote:I'll condense the soup about you then

I'm saying that I've been in a total of two games, the rest of my experience is literally just among us. My first game I expressed behavior I find similar to yours, and I was scum in that game. specifically the read listing and the "I don't know what I'm doing though" remind me of myself in that game.
"Playing dumb" I'm just genuinely not sure what he's saying there? and I haven't played a serious or read based mafia game since like... April
I don't know how many games you've done on these other sites, and maybe your skills have degraded since, I also haven't played Settler's of Catan in over a year and yet I feel I could still play a mean game of it, I would expect certain fundamentals to be around.

I understand that you haven't necessarily played on this site before. Forum posting isn't exactly my forte either, I don't think I've really got a handle on tone to any real degree for any role. it's why I initially have taken you as Nullread. What do you think of me right now? has any of the others voting on me or you stood out and why?
The only other people voting for you are Italiano and Krazy, who I'm both leaning on town on atm, so I have no real issue with these votes. My perspective hasn't really shifted since my vote, honestly, if anything, purely looking at how other people have been acting, it's gotten maybe slightly more scumleaning? Just cause I generally have not been feeling great about Kazyan recently and the fact that I was the one used to pivot away from the vote on you, and looking at my role, yeah that's not a great sign of Kazy or your alignment to me.

Will try to provide more meaningful analysis from now on, it is true that my recent posts have mostly been me justifying behaviour ppl see as scummy using meta, which I don't think is particularly helpful. :cool:
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Krazy »

What's your take of marci, chosen?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:32 am

Post by Krazy »

Marci I think you meant an iso?

Also 3 votes and then nothing is not that fast, this wagon feels like molasses atm actually
vote conspiracy
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:35 am

Post by Kazyan »

Try the Meuh wagon instead. All the cool kids are on it.