EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Though I am curious why faust chose you over someone he knows or has played with before. Being that this is your first MS game, you haven't played with anyone here yet. Yeah yeah it's random but like, a lot of people use it as a "hello" type thing. If Faust was brand new like you, I would understand just randomly picking but I think there might have been some thought put into that choice.

Faust
- can you walk me through that pls?
Art is cool.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by TheGildedSun »

In post 24, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:UNVOTE:

Getting super new vibes from Gilded, so I don't know that the jumpiness actually applies here. I also like the thought process of "they're voting me and I'm town so they must be mafia". While misguided and incorrect, I was the same way when I first started.

Guilded
RVS (random voting stage) is just the first part of the game where people vote whoever for whatever reason, most often made up, to get the game started. It's generally accepted that these votes are not "serious" or "real". Most people tend to use the reactions to those random votes as a starting point to reading people.

WRT claiming - don't. We are far far far from that being necessary yet.

p-edit: Understood, thanks! What site was that, if I may ask?
It wasn't a mafia based site, it was an unrelated forum game that I used to obsessively play. I don't play the game anymore (portions of the website are curiously blocked from my school filter) except from checking the forums ever so often, in which some players hold Mafia Games, one which I decided to join. It was on Flight Rising.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 10, Formerfish wrote:I've been wanting to try something different with RVs

1. If you were in a 4 piece band (front man singer, guitar, bass and drums) which do you choose and why?

2. Do you play poker? How would you describe your play?

3. Oh shit... It looks like this is still in progress, just answer the first two and we'll be good.
1. The singer. My musical talents are laughable at best, but it's something I could at least make a half-way decent effort at.
2. I don't play poker. I tend to be risk-averse when money's at stake, so I suspect I'd play pretty conservatively. With no real money at stake, I'd probably be more willing to experiment.

I'll be curious to see your answers, as well as your reasoning behind these questions. I am intrigued.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Farren »

Getting super new vibes from Gilded, so I don't know that the jumpiness actually applies here. I also like the thought process of "they're voting me and I'm town so they must be mafia". While misguided and incorrect, I was the same way when I first started.
I like this, and I liked your question before it. I was wondering the same thing and would have asked it myself if you hadn't.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 18, Spartan117 wrote:This is a very scummy response, town wouldn't be so worried of being voted as a townie being lynched gives reads of who was on their wagon and why, while scum are much more nervous about being lynched and this is hyper shown here.

VOTE: TheGildedSun
My experience has been that early signs of nervousness can sometimes be scum-motivated, but it's definitely not a smoking gun by any stretch. Some Town players absolutely get nervous about being voted.

What about GildedSun's behavior makes this "hyper shown here?"
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 16, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 14, TheGildedSun wrote:
In post 9, faüstiv wrote:VOTE: TheGildedSun

think this is scum
First of all, I'd like to propose the question: that being why? What have I done to raise your suspicions of me? Nothing. I have had yet to post and you've already wrongly accused me of being scum.

It appears that everyone is random voting, which, as we have no leads (that it is day one, this would be expected) but we must collaborate. Give a reason WHY you are voting for you who are voting for.

Otherwise, the random votes will only raise my suspicions of the offender...
Holy cow, why are you are so nervous...?

VOTE: GildedSun
This is your second bad push. The dude joined 7 days ago and this is probably his first game on site.

You being an se should have seen that and explained what was going on to the greenie and helped him along, not attacked him for not understanding what was going on.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 18, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 14, TheGildedSun wrote:
In post 9, faüstiv wrote:VOTE: TheGildedSun

think this is scum
First of all, I'd like to propose the question: that being why? What have I done to raise your suspicions of me? Nothing. I have had yet to post and you've already wrongly accused me of being scum.

It appears that everyone is random voting, which, as we have no leads (that it is day one, this would be expected) but we must collaborate. Give a reason WHY you are voting for you who are voting for.

Otherwise, the random votes will only raise my suspicions of the offender...
This is a very scummy response, town wouldn't be so worried of being voted as a townie being lynched gives reads of who was on their wagon and why, while scum are much more nervous about being lynched and this is hyper shown here.

Bad sheeping is bad.

In both of ETLs reads she hasn't thought about the fact that scum would go along to get along, and she has pushed two people who have stuck their necks out.

Scum would be using their pt to avoid this.

Both the pushes are bad and you look worse for the follow here.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 28, Farren wrote:

I like this, and I liked your question before it. I was wondering the same thing and would have asked it myself if you hadn't.
That's kinda the issue I have with it though. The question from ETL should have come first. The fact that she jumped the way she did and claimed a real vote only to back it off with what should have been an obvious explination of him being new.

I feel like ETL is tilting towards anything that is out of the ordinary and that scum would know to blend in and not rock the boat.

The reads are very surface level, and I know it's page 2 but ETL dropping real votes to retract them like that is ick.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 29, Farren wrote:
In post 18, Spartan117 wrote:This is a very scummy response, town wouldn't be so worried of being voted as a townie being lynched gives reads of who was on their wagon and why, while scum are much more nervous about being lynched and this is hyper shown here.

My experience has been that early signs of nervousness can sometimes be scum-motivated, but it's definitely not a smoking gun by any stretch. Some Town players absolutely get nervous about being voted.

What about GildedSun's behavior makes this "hyper shown here?"
I don't think we need to talk about this part anymore. It doesn't help us at all and can only hurt us.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 32, Formerfish wrote:That's kinda the issue I have with it though. The question from ETL should have come first. The fact that she jumped the way she did and claimed a real vote only to back it off with what should have been an obvious explination of him being new.

I feel like ETL is tilting towards anything that is out of the ordinary and that scum would know to blend in and not rock the boat.

The reads are very surface level, and I know it's page 2 but ETL dropping real votes to retract them like that is ick.
I agree that EspeciallyTheLies could be described in that way. Blending in isn't an exact science; pushing things that look out of the ordinary in and of itself is a good thing, as long as one doesn't jump to conclusions too quickly.

She is also is not blending in, which is a plus in my book.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by eth0s »

Official Vote Count 1.02

LynchingWith 9 living players it takes 5 votes to lynch.

TheGildedSun
(2): faüstiv, Spartan117

EspeciallyTheLies
(1): Farren

Not Voting
(6): Gdooooog123456789, TheGildedSun, Azadeh, QueenAlien, Formerfish, EspeciallyTheLies

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-01 12:50:00).

Mod notes:
n/a[/area]
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:52 pm

Fish I think you’re ick how about that?

Why do you think I asked about her experience and backed off when I thought about it some more? I actually think she’s town based on all of her responses. I think you trying to turn a 3 post interaction into a case is a huge stretch when the trajectory is pretty damn clear. Are you just trying to make anything stick or do you genuinely believe I’m “making bad pushes”?

I don’t like Spartans sheep at all though. Torn between newb following what seemed logical at the time or fish being bad and not actually interacting with me directly.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:54 pm

I like how fish tries to hang me with my experience while at the same time explaining how I’m bad scum who’s not blending in.

???? lol
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:57 pm

Either I’m experienced and should therefore be hard to catch as scum or I’m bad and therefore easy to read. Can’t have t both ways.

Anyway. I’m off to bed. Liking how this game is going so far. Out of RVS by top of page 2 is fantastic.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:58 pm

Hm.

VOTE: Spartan
Art is cool.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by faüstiv »

In post 25, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Though I am curious why faust chose you over someone he knows or has played with before. Being that this is your first MS game, you haven't played with anyone here yet. Yeah yeah it's random but like, a lot of people use it as a "hello" type thing. If Faust was brand new like you, I would understand just randomly picking but I think there might have been some thought put into that choice.

Faust
- can you walk me through that pls?
It was RVS, so I just picked someone at random, though if anything, RVS’ing a new player is a better way to illicit a reaction from them. Experienced players know it’s RVS, so are unlikely to take the vote seriously.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:57 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 36, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Fish I think you’re ick how about that?
Becky with the good hair dont care and neither do i. Your push is weak and you should feel bad about that.
Why do you think I asked about her experience and backed off when I thought about it some more? I actually think she’s town based on all of her responses. I think you trying to turn a 3 post interaction into a case is a huge stretch when the trajectory is pretty damn clear. Are you just trying to make anything stick or do you genuinely believe I’m “making bad pushes”?
I think for scum to win they have to kill townies and maybe you want to push me as scum to get me out of the way early, I don't know why you are making bad pushes. I think that if you were interested in why someone was playing a certain way that you would talk to them about it, but both times now you have kinda flown off half cocked only to retract within a post or two.

I guess for me you are being a little reckless with your vote and i dislike your style choice.
I don’t like Spartans sheep at all though. Torn between newb following what seemed logical at the time or fish being bad and not actually interacting with me directly.
Not sure i understand that last part.
In post 37, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I like how fish tries to hang me with my experience while at the same time explaining how I’m bad scum who’s not blending in.

???? lol
Did I say that? I think I said you could be scum because your pushes have been on town so far. And theyve been bad pushes. Im not roping you with a BoP rap here, so im not sure where that came from.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:59 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 40, faüstiv wrote:It was RVS, so I just picked someone at random, though if anything, RVS’ing a new player is a better way to illicit a reaction from them. Experienced players know it’s RVS, so are unlikely to take the vote seriously.
I like the thought process behind this.

Do you think newbie town or scum is more likely to react poorly to being voted?

What did you learn from the vote here?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:33 am

Fish, you realize I’ve made zero “pushes”...? My vote on you was hardly serious. I voted golden because I thought I’d gotten a hint of something and unvoted when I realized how new she was, which I promptly stated. I’m really disliking how you’re attempting to make it into anything more than that. It feels super forced.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:34 am

Also, how am I being “reckless” with my vote...? Literally no one is at L-1 right now and it’s not LYLO... it’s the first day of the first day. What are you even talking about?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:42 am

Why aren’t you voting me if you think I’m scum then? Go on. What are you afraid of? Your buddy is already voting me so why not make it 2?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:43 am

VOTE: fish

Talk about “weak” pushes.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:44 am

I’d be happy to flip today so you can hang tomorrow. 1 to 1 is a lot better trade for town than it is for scum.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:52 am

In post 30, Formerfish wrote:This is your second bad push. The dude joined 7 days ago and this is probably his first game on site.

You being an se should have seen that and explained what was going on to the greenie and helped him along, not attacked him for not understanding what was going on.
Is this not you trying to use my experience to say why I’m “bad”?? I literally explained RVS to her in my next post where I unvoted.

Everything you’ve said about me so far sounds made up and forced. Not sure why you think tangling with me day one is a good idea but I assure you it is not. It’s the number one way to get yourself on my radar and looking at you hard.
Art is cool.
Gdooooog123456789
Gdooooog123456789
Townie
Gdooooog123456789
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:15 am

Post by Gdooooog123456789 »

In post 10, Formerfish wrote:I've been wanting to try something different with RVs

1. If you were in a 4 piece band (front man singer, guitar, bass and drums) which do you choose and why?

2. Do you play poker? How would you describe your play?

3. Oh shit... It looks like this is still in progress, just answer the first two and we'll be good.

1)Singer
2)I don’t play poker but I would love to start playing it
3) I feel the same way