Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:25 am

Post by Tammy »

I'm actually reading so I can give a solve and find out how bad my takes are lol
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:37 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 22, Tammy wrote:
The major one is the argument that since a wagon that the "townbloc" wants is stagnating and can't get any traction is evidence that the person being wagoned is scum which makes their read that much more confident that the person is scum is W.T.F? It's just a circular confirmation bias loop.
Reading infinity's post on page four I see this argument was a preset argument that I'm guessing is based on the number of scum there are. I still think it's a bad and shortsighted argument because they're still going to be held accountable the next day.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Tammy »

ugh the low info argument. How I loathe thee let me count the ways.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Tammy »

I mean just in the case of the amount of ink that's been spilled on not mafia so far in the game there's a shit ton of information.

But even without it there's still a lot of information by virtue of having two flips and an entire days worth of discussion at the start of day two anyway.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Tammy »

I have no technical opinion on the not_mafia plan as I've not played this setup so not thought about what would be optimal. I just hate the no info argument a good 95% of the time it's made.

(and unless I'm daft, the argument isn't let's get rid of not mafia at all costs, but let's consider it and if we don't have a better option consider it strongly?)
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Cabd »

Having played this setup, it's a perfectly valid plan. And even if you don't go through with it, this setup means that very large waves are made to cover a buddy, so if your target is guessed correctly you can read the tea leaves... and the absence of waves gives you a read, too.
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory
Pronoun: She

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:28 am

Post by fferyllt »

Nacho has played the setup, too. He and not_mafia, though not in the same game.

They both have gone through it from the town perspective.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

On the path to becoming yourself, you'll need to choose alignment over validation from others, peace over addictive chaos, and being misunderstood over false acceptance. --TheHolisticPsychologist
Idic
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:33 am

Post by unwnd »

Nacho's choice to N_M policy isn't a bad one in my opinion. I didn't dig too deep into the mindset but I do know that N_M is a variable that isn't easily determined because of the way he chooses to (not) play. At worst-- You lose a townie who wouldn't be overtly town nor play for points, and at best you killed a scum which gets you a point.

Spoiler:
The true irony of it all is that N_M is scum after all!
Protect yourself from the back of your mind
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Oh! and momrangal played it before, too. Also as town, in the game Nacho and I hydra'd in.

On the path to becoming yourself, you'll need to choose alignment over validation from others, peace over addictive chaos, and being misunderstood over false acceptance. --TheHolisticPsychologist
Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:46 am

Post by fferyllt »

Welcome, Nachomamma8!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:51 am

Post by fferyllt »

There are many apologies and much wailing happening in my DMs atm.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:08 am

Post by fferyllt »

Now that Day 1 has ended with Nacho's flip I can say that I was having massive, unpleasant flashbacks about Day 1 of the 2013 running of this game. Nacho and I (Sangres hydra's first game) had a strong (and correct) scumread of the pirate mollie/Andrius hydra off mollies play on page 1 and 2 of the game.

A few of the other town didn't believe our read was real or had other reasons for scumreading us, and we were put at E-1 for several hours. It was a fluke of timing (scum player who should have hammered us was asleep) that we survived to put out a reads list, and the reads list itself convinced enough town that we might not be scum. Town went on to elim the mollie/andrius hydra at the end of Day 1.

Anyway, this Day 1 felt like how that game's Day 1 could easily have gone.

I imagine Nacho also thought a lot about the previous game, and wondered why his play this time wasn't enough to turn the reads around.

Idic
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Definitely flashbacks of 2013 for a majority of this game. Am ultimately satisfied with my play at the end of the day - I've felt really blah and crappy about mafia recently so it was nice to have a game in which I felt like I was doing well... even if I got mislynched Day 1.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by Tammy »

4 out of 5!

Had those 4 since early game. That one was a battle between a couple maybes.
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:12 am

Post by fferyllt »

Welcome, petapan!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:14 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'm going to allow spoilers starting now. Let's see how spoiler tags hold up.

Idic
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:25 am

Post by petapan »

free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:27 am

Post by petapan »

nacho being obvtown was my legitimate, pre-role PM read, and i don't know how well i could have explained it, but i definitely tanked my defense for strategic reasons
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:46 am

Post by petapan »

there was actually legitimate contention in the scum PT about whether i should be the sacrifice, which i thought was craziness
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:06 am

Post by petapan »

Spoiler:
i definitely did not anticipate how much bloodlust there would be for n_m today, but i think ultimately the outcome for the day was likely 1-1 regardless, and NM being essentially a unanimous vote target means there is much less to read off than if i were to be in there and people had to react to me. i think the optics this way round are better
free crypto
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Tammy »

Spoiler:
I was kinda thinking that you guys might save house vft last night and get rid of not mafia today. But I had vft and not mafia as my first two scum reads on page one due to how vft reacted to nachos original obvious joke then proposal and discussion. And their continued focus on it and nacho was super suspect. So I thought that you guys might save vft to avoid that obvious partnership when not mafia got taken down.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Tammy »

Spoiler:
though with many clearing scum for the reasons they are, which just shows how weak the information argument is, probably means you were the better choice.
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:40 am

Post by petapan »

In post 45, Tammy wrote:
Spoiler:
I was kinda thinking that you guys might save house vft last night and get rid of not mafia today. But I had vft and not mafia as my first two scum reads on page one due to how vft reacted to nachos original obvious joke then proposal and discussion. And their continued focus on it and nacho was super suspect. So I thought that you guys might save vft to avoid that obvious partnership when not mafia got taken down.
Spoiler:
vft is by faaaaaaar the deepest of anyone in spite of that and people seem not keen to re-evaluate, my play was in part designed to make them look better. i think in particular with nm, there was such a baffling level of resistance from multiple players that no one in particular is going to take the blame for it

also my hammer was obviously a scumclaim and half the town would have known it
free crypto
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:10 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 47, petapan wrote:
In post 45, Tammy wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
vft is by faaaaaaar the deepest of anyone in spite of that and people seem not keen to re-evaluate, my play was in part designed to make them look better. i think in particular with nm, there was such a baffling level of resistance from multiple players that no one in particular is going to take the blame for it

also my hammer was obviously a scumclaim and half the town would have known it
Spoiler:
Yeah the hammer makes a good point. I think it was a good safe house overall. I've just been banging the vft and not_maifa are obvious partners since page one that it seems obvious to me, but wouldn't to others since almost everyone else is reading them as town for some reason and that's easy for me to say as a spectator.

I had notscience as a scum read early on and the only only reason I decided he was town was because of how smug he was when he thought he caught nacho. I disliked his posts for the most part, but I just didn't think that the way he was congratulating himself on catching nacho was likely to come from him as scum. Also, he mentioned more than once I think that if not_mafia was his partner he'd leave him alive so that the could lolhammer whenever and I don't think he'd be that cheeky to say about his partner.

So, uh does not_mafia only make actual posts when he's scum?
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:39 am

Post by petapan »

In post 48, Tammy wrote:
Spoiler:
So, uh does not_mafia only make actual posts when he's scum?
Spoiler:
seems to depend on how into the game he is, he did it as town in a normal and absolutely tilted flavor leaf out of the game, it was fucking hilarious
free crypto