Micro 941 | Brass and Shrapnel | Game Over!

Forum rules
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 248, clidd wrote:
In post 242, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 236, clidd wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 206, Night 3 Roses wrote:
In post 202, Hoctac wrote:
In post 200, Night 3 Roses wrote:
In post 198, Hoctac wrote:Datisi, is there a reason you unvote before placing your vote on ceejay? If the reason is to show us you were voting for someone prior, I do not understand the logic as you did not include the person's name with the unvote. Strange.
my previous post was talking about RVS votes, in which i said my vote was one of them, and it got clidd to respond to me with a Sherlock gif? s'there a point to this?

-D
Ah, I did not realise clidd had responded with a Sherlock gif. Is there a reason you unvote before voting in the same post?
because i said "
it
has served its purpose now" referring to my current vote? if you're expecting a profound thought behind it, i'm gonna have to disappoint you.

~
In post 203, Kilgamayan wrote:Man, my mind short-circuited for a moment there because I completely forgot that Holmes and Moriarty are actual characters that have appeared in many different mediums and not just a hot dude and a foxy grandpa from everyone's favorite cell phone game.
from the what
In post 203, Kilgamayan wrote:@Night 3 Roses: I think the post volume difference does matter in that a higher post volume comes across as an active attempt to look good whereas the lower post volume does not. To be sure, not contributing is generally a scummy thing, but I am more wary of someone that's actively trying to look good without actually contributing than someone's that not trying to look good while also not actually contributing.

I will admit I assumed you (or your slot, or whatever term is appropriate) didn't like ceejay or myself not because of any scumhunting justification, but simply because we're voting for you. Aside from Hoctac being unhappy with ceejay for not being original, no one else has seemed to have a problem with the nature of the pressure being applied to you, so I figured it was a safe assumption. I've seen so many players over the years do it, so.
you're assuming i'm trying to look good. i'm well aware of what "active lurking" is. i was posting because i felt like posting, and at the time what i felt like "actually contributing" either a thing that could've been ai was already dismissed as non-ai, or my question got ignored.

i can tell (or at least i like to believe i can...) the difference between good votes and bad votes on my slot, simply disliking/scumreading someone because they dare vote against me would be silly. i think your arguments are bad but they seem to be genuine. (un)fortunately ico is currently having some sorta holiday so i can't exactly bug him right now to ask what he thinks.
In post 203, Kilgamayan wrote:(particularly since my question about your potential alt-account-ness wasn't addressed)
are you saying it wasn't addressed by hoctac or did you miss the second part of ?

-D

I like the
"your reasons for suspecting me look bad, but I think you're town"
mentality. It's the kind of thing that I find myself applying in every game as town.

I feel that a scum mentality is more inclined to apply omgus in this situation on the pretext that the accuser is acting in bad faith
Where is your town lean on Phoneix Human Rights coming from? Although it requires flipping the roles accuser and defendent, he expressed among his posts I was acting in bad faith to why he asked. Is the logic invaildied when reversed in your PoV?

Was the eariler remark about him toning down his aggression to avoid being NK by scum a reference to a previous game?
If you're talking about Kilgamayan, It comes from my subjective impressions of him, nothing analytical that I can measure at the moment. I didn't notice, in what post did he express that ?

If you are referring to post , it is basically a warning for him to decrease the intensity of his aggression (DkKoba).
Phoenix human Rights was referring to DkKoba.

It's more of an emotional/tonal read that I'm working through, but your logic that you expressed in that post sticks out to me as applicable to my and Dkkobas interaction expect eith the roles reversed. You are town leaning him, so I was wondering if you saw the situation where he was conveying a sense of me needing to trust in what he was doing then differently then how you explained scum would do it from above. As well as why you are town leaning him (I think I know what but I would need an explanation anyways if it is that reason)
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by clidd »

Hum, so the logic I announced on post , theoretically, should be applicable to the interaction between you and DkKoba and influence the read I have on him, correct ? if so, I'm afraid I can't apply to him what I said on post , because the context of my read on his behavior is different from the assessment I have of Datisi, for example. The contextualization (as Hoctac commented) is a great read changer and creates different segments between slots. Does that make sense to you ?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by clidd »

But I would say that the main reason for my TL on him is because of our experience in a past game, which made me assimilate with his behavior here. So far I haven't seen anything that gives me a scummy impression of him.

This game: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=82731
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i have trouble leading when attention is on me, im camera shy. also i am too biased bc of players i recognize rn so im conf biasing my way into townreads on ppl i recognize and scumleans on those i dont LOL

just spewing my thoughts process rn but I dont feel useful rn this game and its frustrating bc my brain doesnt want to work rn with reading into peoples posts.

i have a feeling its like bc of the unconventional setup with different PRs so theres that.
im going to give a list of reads i guess based on my gut in a bit
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 234, clidd wrote:I need Ceejay to answer post .
I need Ceejay to read post .
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

there we go. i also gave it a dark background to not hurt any eyes
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

wait. pretend clidd is a lime green shruggy
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Image there. its clidd
(DM me)

Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 238, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 219, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 218, DkKoba wrote:I dont scumread anyone at this stage of the game. To do so requires a blatent scumslip.
I think I understand and I think I agree. But could you elaborate on this?
Dkkoba, can you answer this?

I have thoughts on your slot, but I'd like you to answer this first.
Please.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by DkKoba »

theres nothing to ellaborate on.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by DkKoba »

what is the point of that question?
(DM me)

Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 259, DkKoba wrote:theres nothing to ellaborate on.
There is because I have trouble understanding you. Are you saying at this point in the game you're based on people you like to engage with rather than scum equity to see what people do and that certainty in reads like calling someone scum would only be coming from a slot with more info, like scum?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 260, DkKoba wrote:what is the point of that question?
I'm having trouble following your trains of thought, so I'm trying to determine if it's communication based, playstyle based, or something else.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 160, Hoctac wrote:I'm not sure, I'm still getting my bearings in this game. Some people seem very friendly but I'm not sure if being friendly makes someone town or mafia.

Also, I liked the person who made the first push against Night 3 Roses. For making the push itself; I think it was productive and useful of them!
Hoctac could be townie after all I guess.

How much mafia have you played @hoctac?
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 166, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@CJ (is that okay?) are you still scum reading Holden? Why/why not? What's your goal with this wagon hoping? Your votes (or unmoved votes) look opportunistic.
I'm holding judgment. There's not enough on Holden to justify a scum read for me atm. My goal is to vote scum. Yeah quite surprising, I know.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 178, Hoctac wrote:
In post 171, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 170, Hoctac wrote:To answer your first question, I wanted to move it from you!
Do you like to move your vote around? Does it help form reads? Or do you mean you're town reading me?
Yes, I think I do like moving my vote around.
You've been asking game progressing questions, so I don't believe you're in need of pressure. ceejay hasn't had an independent thought yet, so I believe he could do with some!
Good luck with that. I hate independent thoughts. I like looking at other people's reads and ideas and support them, or maybe refute them.

Yeah I mostly just sheep.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 193, clidd wrote:I would like to know Ceejay's opinion about the pushs on his wagon and why his focus is still on Night 3 Roses, and not on the accusers.
Hoctac is likely town, I'm not voting him.

Want to see more from tuxedo.

This is a weird thought but why were you assuming I would scum read my accusers?
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

@DkKoba: I'll colon YOUR s :Z Also you may want to try to address Holden's issue with you once and for all if only so everyone can move on.

@clidd: I think it's kind of pointless to ask me about ceejay given he hasn't posted since I last discussed him, but for the sake of posterity, I wasn't overly happy with him in , but hey, ED1 cases. His maade me feel a little better about him since it was clear he understood my voting reasons. My read hasn't evolved since then because he flat-out hasn't been here to change it. Given a fair amount has happened since then, including my opinion of N3R evolving a bit and my vote changing, I am rather interested to see how his stances have evolved once he returns.
In post 240, Hoctac wrote:
In post 216, DkKoba wrote:
In post 208, Hoctac wrote:VOTE: DKkoba

For a pillow push and changing their warrant once questioned.
nice omgus buddy. mad i called your gimmick out?
My vote has nothing to do with your vote on me specifically. Sorry for the confusion.
This is a mind-boggling statement to make in combination with not addressing the second half of the final paragraph I wrote in .

Fake edit: Oh hey, there we go. @ceejay: Any update on your N3R stance?
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 264, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 166, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@CJ (is that okay?) are you still scum reading Holden? Why/why not? What's your goal with this wagon hoping? Your votes (or unmoved votes) look opportunistic.
I'm holding judgment. There's not enough on Holden to justify a scum read for me atm. My goal is to vote scum. Yeah quite surprising, I know.
But you went out of your way to announce you keeping your RVS vote on them. Were you scum reading them for doing something awkward? And how do you mean there isn't enough on Holden? What do you want from them?
In post 265, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 170, Hoctac wrote:To answer your first question, I wanted to move it from you!
Do you like to move your vote around? Does it help form reads? Or do you mean you're town reading me?
You've been asking game progressing questions, so I don't believe you're in need of pressure. ceejay hasn't had an independent thought yet, so I believe he could do with some!
Good luck with that. I hate independent thoughts. I like looking at other people's reads and ideas and support them, or maybe refute them.

How do you determine a good candidate to sheep? Is based on their arguments, or having a prior town read on them?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 268, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 264, ceejayvinoya wrote:
But you went out of your way to announce you keeping your RVS vote on them. Were you scum reading them for doing something awkward? And how do you mean there isn't enough on Holden? What do you want from them?
In post 265, ceejayvinoya wrote:

How do you determine a good candidate to sheep? Is based on their arguments, or having a prior town read on them?

this post makes tuxedo move up into town. not a gut read.
(DM me)

clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 257, DkKoba wrote:Image there. its clidd
*Trying to understand the reasoning of the drawings*

clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 266, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 193, clidd wrote:I would like to know Ceejay's opinion about the pushs on his wagon and why his focus is still on Night 3 Roses, and not on the accusers.
Hoctac is likely town, I'm not voting him.

Want to see more from tuxedo.

This is a weird thought but why were you assuming I would scum read my accusers?
I am assuming that you would pay more attention to the accusers, in order to clarify the reasons why they are voting for you, so you can assess who has plausible and non-plausible motivations, and to persuade about the withdrawal of votes. From your perspective, they are in a 100% town wagon, so it is interesting to redirect these votes to another place, with more chances to hit scum.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 261, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
There is because I have trouble understanding you. Are you saying at this point in the game you're based on people you like to engage with rather than scum equity to see what people do and that certainty in reads like calling someone scum would only be coming from a slot with more info, like scum?
@Dkkoba, is this a correct interpretation of what you meant? If it incentives you to answer, I do have to follow up on questions if the answer is yes. If the answer is no, can you clarify for me?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 270, clidd wrote:
In post 257, DkKoba wrote:Image there. its clidd
*Trying to understand the reasoning of the drawings*

null town but mostly from paranoia bc of the last game i was in with u
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 272, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 261, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
@Dkkoba, is this a correct interpretation of what you meant? If it incentives you to answer, I do have to follow up on questions if the answer is yes. If the answer is no, can you clarify for me?
simplify your question into something more manageable
(DM me)