Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:24 am

Post by DeasVail »

I think there’s a clear contradiction in Scorpious’ recent posting but I don’t think it’s scum-indicative necessarily
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2945, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2939, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2938, DeasVail wrote:Scorp do you truly believe that people should have been reading you as town based on your posting, and if so, why?
up until about 45 minutes ago, nah
It seems surprising then that you would react in such a way to suspicion of you, insisting that it is random etc.

PEdit @tenebro: by dismissing reasoning against them as random and taking issue with people voting for them
I appreciate you at least looking like you're considering before you vote me, even though we both know it's imminent
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:26 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

imo you need to get off the people voting you/talking about you and focus on the rest of the game
aka Fenrir
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:27 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

In post 2938, DeasVail wrote:Scorp do you truly believe that people should have been reading you as town based on your posting, and if so, why?
It seems surprising then that you would react in such a way to suspicion of you, insisting that it is random etc.

PEdit @tenebro: by dismissing reasoning against them as random and taking issue with people voting for them
"Your reasoning sucks" isn't the same statement as "you should be townreading me." Kinda seems like you want him to look worse than the way what he's actually putting out looks.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:29 am

And to boot, I don't think he knows Math is a mason.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:29 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2952, Save The Dragons wrote:imo you need to get off the people voting you/talking about you and focus on the rest of the game
I gotta start somewhere right? why not my BS wagon?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2954, tenebrousluminary wrote:And to boot, I don't think he knows Math is a mason.
This is going to make heads explode, and then I have to commute...

How would I know if anyone is a Mason? was it said? is it implied?

Did i just miss it in the 50 pages i missed?

be back later

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:33 am

it's not bs it's based on the fact you haven't been here you even said yourself people shouldn't have been townreading you so why are you so surprised pikachu that people see your slot and want to poke it
aka Fenrir
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:36 am

In post 2956, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2954, tenebrousluminary wrote:And to boot, I don't think he knows Math is a mason.

be back later
It has been said repeatedly and at length, yes. And if you were scum, you'd have read it in your scum thread. You're not aware of it because you're town.

Q: A scum scorp would benefit from a strong roleclaim. So why does he claim VT at E-6?
A: He doesn't.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:37 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2953, tenebrousluminary wrote:

"Your reasoning sucks" isn't the same statement as "you should be townreading me." Kinda seems like you want him to look worse than the way what he's actually putting out looks.
I mean, the lack of clarity was why I asked. It kinda seems like you’re taking issue with the first thing from me that you can think of after I pressured you re: not doing that.
I feel like if you were seriously considering me as scum for it you would have waited to see where I went with the line of questioning to prove your hypothesis wrong or right.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:37 am

Am I going against the flow yet? :mrgreen:
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:37 am

In post 2958, tenebrousluminary wrote:Q: A scum scorp would benefit from a strong roleclaim. So why does he claim VT at E-6?
Spoiler:
aka Fenrir
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:38 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2958, tenebrousluminary wrote:

be back later
It has been said repeatedly and at length, yes. And if you were scum, you'd have read it in your scum thread. You're not aware of it because you're town.

Q: A scum scorp would benefit from a strong roleclaim. So why does he claim VT at E-6?
A: He doesn't.
Your Q&A is flawed imo but I also don’t think Scorp is scum
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:38 am

In post 2961, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 2958, tenebrousluminary wrote:Q: A scum scorp would benefit from a strong roleclaim. So why does he claim VT at E-6?
Spoiler:
He doesn't exactly give off mastermind vibes.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:39 am

In post 2963, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 2961, Save The Dragons wrote:
Spoiler:
He doesn't exactly give off mastermind vibes.
im going to call you a sucker when he flips scum
aka Fenrir
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:39 am

Post by DeasVail »

I really think we should elim tenebro, like really really
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:46 am

Post by fireisredsir »

this feels like scorp town to me but ive been fooled before. i read 2257 and in that one he did basically nothing as town including accusing masons of being scum since they were suspecting him and he wasn't reading the thread. it's really bad townplay but i think it is probs townplay
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:47 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2965, DeasVail wrote:I really think we should elim tenebro, like really really
agreed
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2950, DeasVail wrote:I think there’s a clear contradiction in Scorpious’ recent posting but I don’t think it’s scum-indicative necessarily
Elaborate please?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:55 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2968, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2950, DeasVail wrote:I think there’s a clear contradiction in Scorpious’ recent posting but I don’t think it’s scum-indicative necessarily
Elaborate please?
The contradiction is Scorpious acting entitled as if it’s some great offence to suspect them, whilst acknowledging that there was no real reason for them to be read as town.
This sense of entitlement can easily come from town though, who know that they are town and thus innately expect to be read as such. In considering whether this could be scum lashing out against those suspecting them, I have decided against that being especially likely, as it is not done in a way that is attempting to manipulate the situation to make Scorp look better. There is a reasonable point to be made about STD saying that Yeet looks bad and then voting Scorp, but Scorp articulates the point sort of badly and messily, in a way that will probably look bad.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:06 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I don't think either Scorpious or STD have done anything to particularly clear themselves as of yet, and I kinda agree with Deas' post above that Scorpious' reluctance to accept why they might be suspected doesn't look great.

But I'm kinda wary on eliminating either at the moment. A lot of the suspicion of them still feels more vibes-based than evidence-based right now. That's fine on turn one when you lack concrete info to eliminate someone but I don't think it's necessarily how we should be pursuing turn two. It feels like a somewhat safe vote...if they come back clean then the people who voted them can say they just felt bad and more active posters directing traffic get to influence the game while maybe being mafia.

I'd be interested in how they approach turn three if they get through. Both have been more active but if they go silent after being in the clear for a round then that's very suspect.

Anyway I'm not liking tenebros posts in the past few pages. The STD vote from the past has felt quite weak for someone portraying themselves as "actively scumhunting", it's basically just getting vibes from a low-count poster to be honest. The idea they've regularly gone against mainstream reads as well doesn't really hold that much ground, like who cares, everyone at some point in the game who's town should be going for a read or two that doesn't just align with the majority, it's part of the game, and using it as an attempted defence smacks of desperation a little bit.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Scorpious »

Idk.

Just a side note.. I left this site years ago because every game came down to past meta reads.

I made a promise to myself that upon returning, there is absolutely no way in hell anyone can use past games against me..

Just how it is sorry..

I’m still town bt dubs

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

be back later
I don't think Scorpious has come out well so far, but there's a kinda townie vibe to this in that I expect mafia at least would pay more attention to a mason claim and would likely be aware of it from their own thread. Obviously there's the possibility of a misdirect but considering Scorpious has come under suspicion that's really risky and hasn't even worked all that well either.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:16 pm

In post 2970, MalcolmTucker wrote:I don't think either Scorpious or STD have done anything to particularly clear themselves as of yet, and I kinda agree with Deas' post above that Scorpious' reluctance to accept why they might be suspected doesn't look great.

But I'm kinda wary on eliminating either at the moment. A lot of the suspicion of them still feels more vibes-based than evidence-based right now. That's fine on turn one when you lack concrete info to eliminate someone but I don't think it's necessarily how we should be pursuing turn two. It feels like a somewhat safe vote...if they come back clean then the people who voted them can say they just felt bad and more active posters directing traffic get to influence the game while maybe being mafia.

I'd be interested in how they approach turn three if they get through. Both have been more active but if they go silent after being in the clear for a round then that's very suspect.

Anyway I'm not liking tenebros posts in the past few pages. The STD vote from the past has felt quite weak for someone portraying themselves as "actively scumhunting", it's basically just getting vibes from a low-count poster to be honest. The idea they've regularly gone against mainstream reads as well doesn't really hold that much ground, like who cares, everyone at some point in the game who's town should be going for a read or two that doesn't just align with the majority, it's part of the game, and using it as an attempted defence smacks of desperation a little bit.
I am the opposite of desperate. What I am is nearly out of fucks to give.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2973, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 2970, MalcolmTucker wrote:I don't think either Scorpious or STD have done anything to particularly clear themselves as of yet, and I kinda agree with Deas' post above that Scorpious' reluctance to accept why they might be suspected doesn't look great.

I am the opposite of desperate. What I am is nearly out of fucks to give.
If you're town I get it's frustrating but then facing off accusations is kinda such a basic component of the game, we all have to deal with it when town sometimes, it sucks but it happens.

We can only go on the evidence of what people are posting, and for me the idea you're massively always going against the grain or consensus just isn't really true, like you've had some interesting or individual reads here or there but then so has everyone. And your main individual read today has largely just been based on a player's general inactivity, which on turn two feels like an incredibly safe approach for a mafia player.