April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:06 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3115, tenebrousluminary wrote:VP, Deas, maybe Yeet or April. Excited to come under fire for bringing up a new read I haven't mentioned in response to being specifically asked for my reads!
In post 3121, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 3120, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 3100, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 3094, Frogsterking wrote:Malcolm what is the point you're trying to make right now and is it addressed toward luminary or other players who are considering voting luminary?
My point is that there are continual inconsistencies in Luminary's play and that these hint toward being mafia. They accuse Deas of "protecting friends" but don't elaborate on who this is. They accuse others of being lazy for a Scorpious wagon and yet lumped their vote and most of their suspicion on STD on the basis of inactivity alone. They regularly deflect when accusations are thrown their away to try and move the discussion away from the issue at-hand with the continual idea basically every player questioning them is being dishonest.
This looks TvT, sorry Malcolm. I think it's possible some of these things from luminary are a result of being distracted from getting pushed. If it makes you feel any better I think you won the 1v1 because of the stronger rhetoric and organization of your posts.
I've gone back and forth a bit, I could swing back to town re tenebros but leaning mafia right now, key part is figuring out whether their frustration is genuine or mafia feint.
If Malcolm is scum, tene town, this is a happy to deflate off of tene post now that tene reads are in an acceptable place.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:10 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3086, MalcolmTucker wrote:but their posts have been incredibly tentative and the idea used by them that we can't suspect them because they've only made a few posts - despite being a replacement - is hilarious.
You can suspect for whatever ya want, but post game, my words'll speak true.

But like the setup push. Honestly, ya dripping all over the wall. You setting up and positioning too much. My slot's being kept as an out in case momentum needs to roll.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:15 am

Post by April Ludgate »

scorpious, tene, cape, fire, are green for me right now. nero probably green
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why did you downgrade me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:19 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3080, DeasVail wrote:I guess my position is that tenebro does not strike me as someone playing with experience and confidence, regardless of their alignment, and I am if anything concerned by the inconsistencies between periods of not knowing who to vote for/not feeling comfortable pushing a non-main target and occasional other periods of confidently asserting someone as scum (fua). I think that self-consciousness is something that is very hard to shake off as scum, and while I agree that it is more prominent in newer players, I don't see tenebro's experience level as super critical to my read given the evidence in-thread of low confidence.
In regards to continuing to post, I think that can be just as much a personality/playstyle thing as an experience thing. On the rare occasion where I have seen someone ghost as scum, it's just as often been experienced players as newer players.

That's my take at least.
In post 3084, MalcolmTucker wrote:I've gone back and forth on them but tenebros most recent posts in the past few pages are incredibly mafia-leaning. Notably there is a lot of deflection with stuff like "go target your friends" without that ever actually being explained. They seem completely unwilling to actually accept the idea people may think they're mafia in a way that feels dishonest and like they're trying to come across as frustrated townie.

The whole idea someone like Deas is just trying to protect their friends while tenebros is being some maverick thinking outside the box just fundamentally isn't true when their main push yesterday was STD, simply based on their inactivity without much post-based evidence. Like I don't think a Scorpious wagon is a particularly great idea, but you can't say claim they're an easy target and then pivot onto STD instead. Major inconsistency.

VOTE: tenebrousluminary
In post 3086, MalcolmTucker wrote:April's slot increasingly feels like it might be mafia. It had come under a lot of pressure before they replaced in and I didn't necessarily agree at the time, but their posts have been incredibly tentative and the idea used by them that we can't suspect them because they've only made a few posts - despite being a replacement - is hilarious.

DeasVail defense on tene, followed by a push by Malcolm with an additional side moment piece slot from a slot that had zero pull/momentum in the game at the time is a key point.

Deas can go green because it was a very specific and genuine feeling of defense on Tene, kind of the exact opposite of Malcolm. I see Tene as townier because of a lot of things Malc pushed as reasons for them being scum. It feels like scum pushing town for faults in the townies play because they can see the faults better from a scum perspective.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:20 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3153, Nero Cain wrote:Why did you downgrade me?
You're just a strong enough player that I get a little scared of hopping in the pocket without coming up for air every now and then
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:21 am

Post by April Ludgate »

what's your read on Malcom, Nero?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

poe town. I've been just sorta nodding along with his posting. Not really in love with your case. Why is he the worst Tene voter?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:47 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3154, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 3080, DeasVail wrote:I guess my position is that tenebro does not strike me as someone playing with experience and confidence, regardless of their alignment, and I am if anything concerned by the inconsistencies between periods of not knowing who to vote for/not feeling comfortable pushing a non-main target and occasional other periods of confidently asserting someone as scum (fua). I think that self-consciousness is something that is very hard to shake off as scum, and while I agree that it is more prominent in newer players, I don't see tenebro's experience level as super critical to my read given the evidence in-thread of low confidence.
In regards to continuing to post, I think that can be just as much a personality/playstyle thing as an experience thing. On the rare occasion where I have seen someone ghost as scum, it's just as often been experienced players as newer players.

That's my take at least.
In post 3084, MalcolmTucker wrote:I've gone back and forth on them but tenebros most recent posts in the past few pages are incredibly mafia-leaning. Notably there is a lot of deflection with stuff like "go target your friends" without that ever actually being explained. They seem completely unwilling to actually accept the idea people may think they're mafia in a way that feels dishonest and like they're trying to come across as frustrated townie.

The whole idea someone like Deas is just trying to protect their friends while tenebros is being some maverick thinking outside the box just fundamentally isn't true when their main push yesterday was STD, simply based on their inactivity without much post-based evidence. Like I don't think a Scorpious wagon is a particularly great idea, but you can't say claim they're an easy target and then pivot onto STD instead. Major inconsistency.

VOTE: tenebrousluminary
In post 3086, MalcolmTucker wrote:April's slot increasingly feels like it might be mafia. It had come under a lot of pressure before they replaced in and I didn't necessarily agree at the time, but their posts have been incredibly tentative and the idea used by them that we can't suspect them because they've only made a few posts - despite being a replacement - is hilarious.

DeasVail defense on tene,
followed by a push by Malcolm with an additional side moment piece slot from a slot that had zero pull/momentum
in the game at the time is a key point.

Deas can go green because it was a very specific and genuine feeling of defense on Tene, kind of the exact opposite of Malcolm. I see Tene as townier because of a lot of things Malc pushed as reasons for them being scum. It feels like scum pushing town for faults in the townies play because they can see the faults better from a scum perspective.
Only reason your slot has had zero momentum is because you're a replace-in and the slot has been quiet for a while. The slot was under heavy pressure turn one. I was unsure how I felt about it at the time but your posts so far haven't reassured me. What's your actual proper mafia case for me beyond like one post that happens to mention you?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:48 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3015, April Ludgate wrote:I've had like three posts, anyone saying I'm scummy is pulling it out of their ass. I've only been in this game less than 48 hours total of day time.
This post is really not good. It isn't the start of the game, clearly people are reading based off the slot and not the individual posts from April, and they should know that. I was unsure on the slot day one but the pressure that was put on it seemed fair at the time given the circumstances.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:02 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

skitter30
is being replaced.
Get to know a Mizzy
Mafia - Currently playing: Nothing - Currently running: Large Normal 238
Mish Mash - Currently Playing: Nothing - Currently running: Nothing
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3144, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 3142, Nero Cain wrote:Honestly, guy replacing in and not reading and then not helping to find scum (if you aren't) isn't great town play. I get that it could be more gimmick play than AI playbut its still not great
Bro, I'm FL. This account's not hidden, and I'm really not even in gimmick mode.
This is pretty much why I want to not elim you today.

But if we don’t flip scum I want you flipped.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why does April being an FL alt make you not want to vote there?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:07 am

Post by MathBlade »

Like I dislike a lot of your posting April. Definitely going to need better than that to change my mind
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3162, Nero Cain wrote:Why does April being an FL alt make you not want to vote there?
Because FL is good town.

It’s pretty much a free check if my Ari read was right depending upon who FL pushes and their alignment
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:09 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3142, Nero Cain wrote:Honestly, guy replacing in and not reading and then not helping to find scum (if you aren't) isn't great town play. I get that it could be more gimmick play than AI playbut its still not great
Yeah April pretty much said early doors that they don't plan to actually check back before from when they replaced in. Irrespective of their alignment I'm not sure why any of their reads should particularly be taken seriously as a result of that because this is a game that requires reading back to some degree to assess players are and why they have been TR'd or mafia read so far. Feels like a convenient way to ignore previous accusations on the slot.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3095, Frogsterking wrote:Luminary are you pushing Malcolm now, what is happening?
I will say, Frogster's aloofness in this game is very different from his town play in the last game.

What's up with that Frog? You've seemed not super engaged with the flow of the game for awhile now.
YOUR AD HERE
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:11 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 3084, MalcolmTucker wrote:Notably there is a lot of deflection with stuff like "go target your friends" without that ever actually being explained. They seem completely unwilling to actually accept the idea people may think they're mafia in a way that feels dishonest and like they're trying to come across as frustrated townie.
This is the first time I've seen that post analyzed like this and it struck me as genuine. I kinda had blinders on because I've said the same thing myself in the past. There sometimes feels like it
can
have an in crowd vibe on this site, but your furthering of the idea makes sense to me.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:12 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3166, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3095, Frogsterking wrote:Luminary are you pushing Malcolm now, what is happening?
I will say, Frogster's aloofness in this game is very different from his town play in the last game.

What's up with that Frog? You've seemed not super engaged with the flow of the game for awhile now.
Feels like they're asking a lot of softball questions without committing to stances.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:13 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 3164, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3162, Nero Cain wrote:Why does April being an FL alt make you not want to vote there?
Because FL is good town.

It’s pretty much a free check if my Ari read was right depending upon who FL pushes and their alignment
This sucks.. there are so many non "this" game related variables here to call someone town.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

wrong. One doesn't necessarily need to read back to get reads and play.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:18 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3169, Scorpious wrote:
Because FL is good town.

This sucks.. there are so many non "this" game related variables here to call someone town.
I am not calling FL town this game.
That was a reference to FL’s skill.

I scumread him it’s more giving him a chance to shine and see which direction FL goes if scum.

If scum he can bus which increases his standing but loses a buddy
Or he can push town and if town flips people will know I want his head from the grave.

If he is town then he reliably hits scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:18 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 3119, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 3117, Enchant wrote:Perfect mafia win.
Good prediction.
defeatism often reads to meas scummy,not that I dont feel your frustration, but I've been "you" so many times and you are "sounding" caught as you "wear down"

pedit-I accept that

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3169, Scorpious wrote:
Because FL is good town.

I mean people used the same logic for both Skitter and VP and dats?. Though reputation=//=ability. All these players have more than two brain cells and most people with more than two brain cells can be "good"

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

tene could be scum, not impossible.