DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 303, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 297, Almost50 wrote:Seph is a strong TR because he is actually providing some content and even a full read list already. I wanted to poke him in the nose for the messed up vote, but then felt other players won't understand and might think it a distraction, so I held myself back.
Ok so I'm pretty sure A50 is town. You don't pull blatantly crappy reads like this from scum
this is not a reason btw
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

gamma's not reading tonight and its a cause for concern
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by DVa »

no, just thought it was a funny criticism considering the level of certainty a lot of regulars on this site exude when it comes to early game reads

when I have a strong early game read they tend to be right. When I become confident on a read, I tend to remain confident on that read, unless I have a good reason to re-evaluate. So far I have not had one
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 337, DrDolittle wrote:PS its not the bear avi - I'm the dude and the bear is supporting cast, if that's unclear. but i don't mind if you continue bearavi-ing.
I trust you won't take offense if I call you crown prince Akeem Joffer, will you? :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 352, DrDolittle wrote:gamma's not reading tonight and its a cause for concern
Not reading what
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 353, DVa wrote:when I have a strong early game read they tend to be right
are your strong early game read typically town reads
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 354, Almost50 wrote:
In post 337, DrDolittle wrote:PS its not the bear avi - I'm the dude and the bear is supporting cast, if that's unclear. but i don't mind if you continue bearavi-ing.
I trust you won't take offense if I call you crown prince Akeem Joffer, will you? :lol:
no you're just giving me more eddie murphy movies to watch and its amazing
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 349, OkaPoka wrote:very presumptuous
yeah, this guy is going to be annoying

my read is "very presumptuous"

like you're not making me want to engage you even though you're still probably town

I liked someone enough to sheep their vote to generate pressure and help get the game going -- that's not presumptuous, it's called playing the game bro
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Dva can you elaborate about puffyfish imploding when pressurized
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 344, DVa wrote:A50, I mean the thing is I don't disagree

I guess now I'm less certain a pressure wagon on that particular player will lead to 'good' results for the town

cause he seems to implode as either alignment under pressure
So, what do you suggest? Leave him alone? I'm open to other options if they are going to lead to something productive.

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 355, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 352, DrDolittle wrote:gamma's not reading tonight and its a cause for concern
Not reading what
the thread.

two examples:
first: you had no idea what Dva was talking about in her job hunt 30 pages cut 6
second: you quoted my two FakeGod examples even after I said it was a joke.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 350, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 341, Almost50 wrote:So, my read list roughly looks like this:

Seph
whyu
Have I not provided reasoning? You even commented on it.

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 351, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 297, Almost50 wrote:Seph is a strong TR because he is actually providing some content and even a full read list already. I wanted to poke him in the nose for the messed up vote, but then felt other players won't understand and might think it a distraction, so I held myself back.
Ok so I'm pretty sure A50 is town. You don't pull blatantly crappy reads like this from scum
this is not a reason btw
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

First: that was completely off topic so it was odd?
Second: I read the thread linearly most of the time. As such I didn’t see it was a joke when I posted that. And I took the time to click the links, so your shade is undermined.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

this is not a reason btw
I say I strong TR him for this and you tell me it's not a reason? I've just finished playing a game with the dude. I mean, he himself admits to being good at scum, but I have seen nothing to make me feel he's being deceptive at any rate so far in here.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Would recommend a kokichi vote to all undecided people, just check his iso to see if he has any desire to find scum.

Why is this scum behavior?

Because as town we really have two options to play, create information or analyze the information given to us. After all, we have no information to work with so we have to make use with what we have got. There is no sense of desire in kokichi's post to actually play the game in finding mafia, nor is there any activity indicating that he wants to create a healthier environment with more info for everyone else to work with. Leading me to the conclusion that he is my definition of a liability, he does not share the motivations all townies share, rather he is just making pointless conversation and probably hoping that his small talk can carry him a certain distance. Wouldn't be surprised if he hopped onto a wagon soon however, he needs to eventually give the appearance of him playing the game.

@Dva, locking in townreads day 1 for weakass reasons is how you lose games. People like to say they reevaluate all the time, but usually that doesn't happen until lylo. Until I can see evidence of you constantly reevaluating, I have no reason to trust that you will reread in an unbiased manner. Your either damaging town with your cocky attitude or your just buddying in so you can lock yourself into a very simple position to play as scum so you can fend off pressure easily. You can remove my suspicion if you give more solid reasons as to why Nako is doing things that scum is incapable of, but so far all your reasoning can be easily done as scum, its nothing out of the ordinary.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 359, Joey_ wrote:Dva can you elaborate about puffyfish imploding when pressurized
unfortunately I can't without breaking the spirit of site rules. I can just say, as a general statement, that you can investigate on your own if you desire, that he tends to implode under pressure
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 353, DVa wrote:when I have a strong early game read they tend to be right.
I can relate. Often enough though they replace out and the new comer manages to sway my opinion and I end up feeling like I should be included in Dumb and Dumber IV as a guest star postgame.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 356, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 353, DVa wrote:when I have a strong early game read they tend to be right
are your strong early game read typically town reads
answer this question please, am interested in how you play
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 364, Gamma Emerald wrote:First: that was completely off topic so it was odd?
Second: I read the thread linearly most of the time. As such I didn’t see it was a joke when I posted that. And I took the time to click the links, so your shade is undermined.
1 - if its odd, you can quote many of the posts where dva and joey were bantering
2 - im wrong on that front and it does seem like a linear reading starting from 284
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 365, Almost50 wrote:
this is not a reason btw
I say I strong TR him for this and you tell me it's not a reason? I've just finished playing a game with the dude. I mean, he himself admits to being good at scum, but I have seen nothing to make me feel he's being deceptive at any rate so far in here.
1 not doing anything deceptive != your strongest town read.
2 unless you think seph-scum is blatant on not providing content early game, your strongest town read is also unjustified. + that would make him a shitty scum player.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

whoo any hour+ hanging out with my mafia friends. its been fun but I gotta sleep.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 366, OkaPoka wrote:Would recommend a kokichi vote to all undecided people, just check his iso to see if he has any desire to find scum.

Why is this scum behavior?

Because as town we really have two options to play, create information or analyze the information given to us. After all, we have no information to work with so we have to make use with what we have got. There is no sense of desire in kokichi's post to actually play the game in finding mafia, nor is there any activity indicating that he wants to create a healthier environment with more info for everyone else to work with. Leading me to the conclusion that he is my definition of a liability, he does not share the motivations all townies share, rather he is just making pointless conversation and probably hoping that his small talk can carry him a certain distance. Wouldn't be surprised if he hopped onto a wagon soon however, he needs to eventually give the appearance of him playing the game.

@Dva, locking in townreads day 1 for weakass reasons is how you lose games. People like to say they reevaluate all the time, but usually that doesn't happen until lylo. Until I can see evidence of you constantly reevaluating, I have no reason to trust that you will reread in an unbiased manner. Your either damaging town with your cocky attitude or your just buddying in so you can lock yourself into a very simple position to play as scum so you can fend off pressure easily. You can remove my suspicion if you give more solid reasons as to why Nako is doing things that scum is incapable of, but so far all your reasoning can be easily done as scum, its nothing out of the ordinary.
Koki hasn't exactly posted since the RVS phase ended btw. Also hes a much better player than you give him credit for, there's a reason why A50 and myself aren't outing reads on the guy as of yet, because he gets much easier to read the more you give him time. His alignment will be pretty transparent when town will need to vote correctly
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Gamma has made 41 posts and none of them seem to be of substantial value or content. He's engaging in a lot of pointless conversation that don't lead anywhere, but he's obviously reading the thread as he is responding to questions directed at him. His lack of actually doing something of importance makes me think active lurking? What's your gameplan gamma.