micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Forum rules
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Nibbui »

Podoq how you see the worst?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:48 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 424, the worst wrote:uuuuhhhhhhhhhhh fuck it I gotta ask it straight

I'm not good at mincing words

podoboq are you a wolf?
Yeh. I mean...fuck, nope.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:49 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 425, Nibbui wrote:Podoq how you see the worst?
Kinda mixed? Like, a lot of how he plays aligns with how I expect town to play, but there are a few things from him which make no sense to me. Hold on, I'll pull some quotes from his ISO.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:54 am

Post by the worst »

I'm mafia irl probably
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:15 am

Post by podoboq »

Hiding quotes behind spoilers because walls are horrible things.

Spoiler:
In post 24, the worst wrote:
In post 15, Nibbui wrote:Hmmm, just small talk here, but is there any reason that you think my play is wolfy (even if in a un-scum indicative way?)?
one sec rq

In post 11, Nibbui wrote:Oh hi everyone

You shouldn't suddenly wagon me like that because I almost thought someone already had a Night 0 guilty on me!

Please don't scare me like that, I get very tense as scum even for silly reasons.

Now excuse me, let me try to mislynch town huh

VOTE: Mastina
rvs scumclaims are slightly wolfy but given you're experienced and highly self aware it's more cute-wolfy than wofly-wolfy
In post 12, Nibbui wrote:Hmmm, I want to play this game but this started in a bad date really

I don't know if I'm going to have internet acess for some days from now on, and I don't think it would be fair to ask for V/LA, make you guys wait and in the end not be able to get acess for a week or so. It kinda would hurt everyone's reads and the game itself.
faintly like LAMIST in the way i think wolves actually use LAMIST statements (pushing a very easily fakable gamestate stance) but i also think this isn't outside of your townrange ever so it's not reeeeeeeeeeeeeally wolfy
In post 12, Nibbui wrote:It's still RVS but I hope we can interact enough today and possibly tomorrow (although I'm not sure I'll have acess tomorrow, let's wish Santa is on my side) to at least you guys be able to get a weak read on me.
this is liek so fluffy which combined with the general energy sensed as explained above is like 1% wolf equity

so you're the kinda like a wolf puppy i want to adopt not an evil horrific werewolf i want to lynch d1
but
a wolfy vote for any reason is better than switching to a null/towny vote so

prepare to die nibbui :twisted:
This is the first post from the worst that I thought was actually AI. I like this thought progression on you. It doesn't contribute a bunch, but it reads as genuine, and isn't reading too much into everything. He comes to a different conclusion than the one I did, but is also transparent that the read is pretty empty.

Spoiler:
In post 51, Nibbui wrote:
In post 48, the worst wrote:Nibbui why is your vote still on me o: my heart can only take so much
Do you think I should move my vote from you already?

Why?
In post 53, the worst wrote:I just asked why your vote's still on me. :P
I like this a lot. This isn't the response I normally expect from scum.

Spoiler:
In post 135, the worst wrote:
In post 81, InfiniteSoda wrote:Just getting a quick vote in during my 5-minute internet access at the public library

VOTE: Mastina
awoo
I respect this callout. He's right that this was scummy. Throwing some small shade in this way is a small call to action for InfiniteSoda to come in and start talking to people, maybe ask TW what he thought was scummy about his vote. But he didn't. If TW was scum, he could push this a bit more, but he didn't decide to do that.

Spoiler:
In post 143, the worst wrote:
In post 109, sheepsaysmeep wrote:idt i should really be w reading for this but it's kinda fishy that nsg townreads all of the current posting people, including tw who has like 0 content yet, and then dislikes nibbui's 33 substantially long posts where he's talked about a lot of stuff for of all things 7 hmmms

feels like was going to post a list and realized that she had to come up with at least one w read?
ya +1 this post a lot
I liked this post from sheep a lot also, and while I don't think it's a horrible red mark, I think it's worth bringing attention to. TW does the same thing here that he did with InfiniteSoda's vote. He throws a little shade, then backs off when the person doesn't respond, until...

Spoiler:
In post 149, the worst wrote:{tw}
{sheepy}
{Nibbui}
{}
{skitter}
{podoboq, Punk Bill, mastina} = null
{InfiniteSoda, nsg}
{}so forth
In post 151, the worst wrote:VOTE: nsg may as well
This read list is top tier. This vote still doesn't come with any explanation as to why, but at this point the vote is only really serving to apply pressure to a lurker, and bring them to the game. I like this list and this vote a lot.

I'd like more thoughts from TW on WHY he thinks some of the things he does, but since I happen to be thinking the same way, it also hasn't bothered me that much.

Spoiler:
In post 165, the worst wrote:NSG has misread me a little lately so I was surprised she had me as hard town given I've like... done very little.....
Scum doesn't usually shade their own play. If you're scum, and somebody is townreading you, it's safe to just let it slide instead of calling out that the townread doesn't make sense.

Spoiler:
In post 182, the worst wrote:
In post 173, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 160, Nibbui wrote:
In post 109, sheepsaysmeep wrote:idt i should really be w reading for this but it's kinda fishy that nsg townreads all of the current posting people,
including tw who has like 0 content yet,
and then dislikes nibbui's 33 substantially long posts where he's talked about a lot of stuff for of all things 7 hmmms
You were one to say that I and TW were mostly surely town here, so why do you have a problem with NSG giving him a town read?

I might have more content than him but that's no reason to say that he has "0 content" when you actually is town reading him as well.

I don't understand this part of your post tbh.
it's just pointing out she's basically townreading everyone in thread
ye I also can't really see NSG looking at the thread going "hmm these guys are town but Nibbui is scum manipulating them" and then retaliating against Nibbui with such a wishy washy take :giggle: kinda holistic gamestate vibe type deal but if she's town I'm not sure what she's doing
Good takes. Don't know what TW means by "holistic" here, but this is a level of nuance that I like.

Then there's a lot of nothing for a while. Some references to meta, and some shitposting, and just not anything I really know how to read.

Spoiler:
In post 255, the worst wrote:> preflip associatives
> one dimensional meta tells
> "i'm playing different from my scumgame ERGO"

this might actually be town but god our playstyles are not compatible at all, i'm going to let someone else sort you for me

in the interim what do you like about nsg and what part of mastina's play so far has been notably towny to you?
are you townreading nibbui independently or is it just based on jank pre-flip associatives?
This comment on preflip association is a misrep. Pink Bill said, "To clarify: I don't think I solved the game, that's a joke," in the beginning of the post just before this.

Spoiler:
In post 344, the worst wrote:
In post 287, InfiniteSoda wrote:need to get a vote in

VOTE: Nibbui

@mod
REGULAR V/LA on Saturday and Sunday (Ocassional Exceptions)
In post 289, InfiniteSoda wrote:Actually, meh

VOTE: UNVOTE

Ill look more into it
why so nervous?
I'm appreciating TW's attempts to get something from InfiniteSoda.

Spoiler:
In post 346, the worst wrote:kinda half caught up

willing to policy {bunk bill, infinitesoda} because i cbf reading thru bill's irritating bravado and rhetoric
think wolves are more like {nsg, ???}

VOTE: nsg
Here's where I start to get really bothered by some stuff. I'll assume the policy lynching thing is a joke. Obviously we're not doing that on day one of a 9 player game. I don't think he's serious. I think it's a little strange that I'm not mentioned here, despite having exactly two posts at the time, but whatever, InfiniteSoda actually looked weird so I can ignore that too.

What's weird to me is that TW actually lists NSG as likely scum, or at least that's how I'm reading it. InfiniteSoda and NSG are the same to me. Neither one has meaningfully contributed anything. To try to narrow down the scumpool with inactive posters, at this point in the day, just seems wrong. I don't believe TW actually believes he caught scum, which makes this look extra weird...

Spoiler:
In post 394, the worst wrote:i'm so in 'gottem mode' because i think nsg is uncharacteristically caught zzz
Please elaborate
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:22 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 429, podoboq wrote:
In post 48, the worst wrote:Nibbui why is your vote still on me o: my heart can only take so much

Why?
What would you expect scum!tw to say there?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:26 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 430, Nibbui wrote:
In post 429, podoboq wrote:

Why?
What would you expect scum!tw to say there?
Normally I expect scum to be more defensive. He made a joke, and you responded seriously, with a very serious question. He decided to continue being silly, instead of respond to you on your level. I normally see scum try to match the eye of the person they're speaking to, so when your two styles were so dissonant there, seeing him not change was interesting to me. It's small town points, but it's town points.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:50 am

Post by the worst »

podoboq I'm around a little (annoyed @ a couple of things irl and a little busy). I feel like you agree with everything I'm doing and realise I'm town but don't like my underexplained style this game

hmu w what you don't like asap pls
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:54 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 432, the worst wrote:podoboq I'm around a little (annoyed @ a couple of things irl and a little busy). I feel like you agree with everything I'm doing and realise I'm town but don't like my underexplained style this game

hmu w what you don't like asap pls
I'm confused, because I have you as a town read, and I put you there in my read list. And the quote wall I just made underlines basically the only specific thing that I'm bothered about, which is how you scum read NSG, when I don't think there's enough there to read.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:08 am

Post by the worst »

oh NSG is a mind blowingly competent town player and doesn't enjoy playing scum as much so I inflated my read a little so she'd pluck fry and eat my head off ITT but nothing happened
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:11 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 434, the worst wrote:oh NSG is a mind blowingly competent town player and doesn't enjoy playing scum as much so I inflated my read a little so she'd pluck fry and eat my head off ITT but nothing happened
Oh, alright, that makes sense.

For now, I assume any lack of activity has to do with the holidays, which kinda sucks.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:13 am

Post by podoboq »

That said, she isn't marked V/LA, and hasn't said anything about it in the thread.

Also, holy shit, we have the same join date!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:13 am

Post by the worst »

yeah that's a factor
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:13 am

Post by the worst »

WE DO OMG
TWINS<3
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:18 am

Post by the worst »

In post 89, northsidegal wrote:/lazyposting

{nsg}
{tw, sheep}
{skitter}
{everyone else}
{nibbui}
I really don't think I'd done anything poignantly town indicative at this point and I don't think NSG confidently calls me down 89 posts in when she mislynched me like the time before the last time we played together.

sheep tr is fine

skitter is technically a hard read and I don't think she'd town told at all this early; I guess this is more or less fine I just disagree with it

Nibbui was wrapping the thread around his little finger at that point so I can understand why a scumread on him would be a necessity to voice. What I don't understand is why she's just put him as a lazy posting scumread, not voted, and then~~~
In post 90, northsidegal wrote:sorry to pile onto you nibbui
~~~ not voted but apologised for piling onto her scumread. this is pretty minor but doesn't indicate to me that this is a read she acrually cares about.
In post 93, northsidegal wrote:word choice / toneread

i know normally i might get annoyed at this kind of reasoning if it was used against myself but even still i couldn't help but notice it: you used the word "hmmm" three times in your first three posts (with two in the third), and seven times so far in your 33 post ISO

obviously the word "hmmm" on its own isn't scum indicative (.... i think), but i think that kind of verbal tic is something worth looking at, especially in comparison to your other games.

again, i kind of hate this reasoning when it's used against me so sorry about that, but i can't just ignore it.
This is a positioning read which comes from someone who has an ability to read Nibbui correctly (I believe she does) but does not acrually believe her scumread. I'd totally take this as a bad sod1 read which was redacted after research, so
In post 99, northsidegal wrote:ah, one second.

i'll get back to you after doing a little research.
actually made me stop and think for a moment, but the following at her strongest townread is like... :////
In post 102, northsidegal wrote:
In post 101, sheepsaysmeep wrote:anyone who wolfreads nibbui hasnt done a quick meta check
that's a pretty bold statement.
This isn't NSG who is scumreading a player who is openwolfing and everyone else is townreading
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Nibbui »

I don't think she ever said that I was openwolfing tw

also I don't see why she doesn't reply "that's a pretty bold statement" to sheep saying that anyone knowing my meta shouldn't scum read me. It was a bold and sort of inaccurate statement.

I felt she was overly-sympathetic to usual town!NSG though but I have different opinions about most of her posts

tw, have you read Open 741 Red Flag? Even if not all of it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:31 am

Post by the worst »

you're getting a view straight into the deep dark paranoia of my mind. I didn't say she said you were openwolfing; she had you as a scumread while you were a large presence in the thread and well townreading. That's my wording and not hers but I do not feel it's an unfair representation

and no I have not and will not read open 741 past my rep out
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:34 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 439, the worst wrote:
Nibbui was wrapping the thread around his little finger at that point so I can understand why a scumread on him would be a necessity to voice. What I don't understand is why she's just put him as a lazy posting scumread,not voted, and then~~~
I don't know how you can look back there and say that I was "wrapping the thread around his little finger", and earlier you said something about NSG understanding the game as "Nibbui manipulating everyone".

I mean, if I remember right I was getting wolflean by you, sheep had just reconsidered his scum read on me and skitter and me was in a 1v1. I'm not understanding how you could see me as leading the thread. Also she was voting me already since RVS therefore I don't know why you say she "not voted"?
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 441, the worst wrote:you're getting a view straight into the deep dark paranoia of my mind. I didn't say she said you were openwolfing; she had you as a scumread while you were a large presence in the thread and well
townreading
what do you exactly mean by what I bolded?

that I was looking kind of town back there?
In post 441, the worst wrote:and no I have not and will not read open 741 past my rep out
you said in post-game that your "reads sucked anyway" so that's a bit weird but i don't think you would lie here
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:11 am

Post by the worst »

I opened it to apologise and looked at post-game.

I accidentally looked a few times during the thread and a few things upset me. I have some problems with some people. I'm not gonna talk about this more. :/
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:12 am

Post by the worst »

In post 442, Nibbui wrote:
In post 439, the worst wrote:
Nibbui was wrapping the thread around his little finger at that point so I can understand why a scumread on him would be a necessity to voice. What I don't understand is why she's just put him as a lazy posting scumread,not voted, and then~~~
I don't know how you can look back there and say that I was "wrapping the thread around his little finger", and earlier you said something about NSG understanding the game as "Nibbui manipulating everyone".

I mean, if I remember right I was getting wolflean by you, sheep had just reconsidered his scum read on me and skitter and me was in a 1v1. I'm not understanding how you could see me as leading the thread. Also she was voting me already since RVS therefore I don't know why you say she "not voted"?
You were like the most present player ITT

We're all townreading you now and the transition from the lolrvs scumread was under way by the time NSG posted her readlist (that was an impression of mine at the time she posted so I might be over-focused on my own read of you?)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:13 am

Post by the worst »

In post 443, Nibbui wrote:what do you exactly mean by what I bolded?

that I was looking kind of town back there?
I have no idea what sentence I was writing there. You were starting to be townread.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
He
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
He
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: He

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Pink Ball »

podoboq is now a townlean. Not townread only because of lack of confidence; thinking that I trust any player who makes sense. But yeah, he makes sense. Reevaluating the duck for the same reason

UNVOTE: the worst
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
He
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
He
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: He

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Pink Ball »

(the same reason: podoboq's points about him makes sense, not that the worst is making sense)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:35 am

Post by the worst »

I resent making sense and shall avoid doing such at all costs