leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

Ok. So I understand your point. but there is also the fact that scum pushed the wagon quickly on Peregrine and the he was saved by town for believing him when he claimed. i don't usually believe people when they claim but this situation i do.

plus we can always lynch him tomorrow if we lynch wrong today either way 1 scum is going to be alive to kill someone during the night. and if he happens to be town if we lynch him today then we are just as screwed if we lynched him tomorrow and he was town.

but if we lynch wrong today and lynch him tomorrow that would be easy to detect if he is scum or not. in my personal opinion.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:01 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

leviathan93 wrote:but there is also
the fact
that scum pushed the wagon quickly on Peregrine and the he was saved by town for believing him when he claimed.

Uh, this is a fact? How do you know scum pushed the wagon on PV and town saved him?
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

lol. i guess i messed that one up. =P reasonable explanation. i meant. "but there also COULD BE the fact that scum pushed the wagon...etc" it could go either way cuz i have seen them both happen.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:07 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

FourTrouble wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:oh yeah, he replaced tigerzone. Definitely not scum. I confirmed him town on page one with my gambit.

I wouldn't have fallen for that gambit if I was scum, that's a really superficial way to confirm someone.

I would say his reactions were genuine. There's always some doubt of course, but I don't think he's experienced enough to have had that genuine appearing of a reaction if he was bluffing.

I don't know about HD, but I do know he supports a PV lynch. DDD is feeling town to me right now, and I"ve got extensive experience with him, so I trust that feeling to some extent.

What do you feel about Iec?
YOUR AD HERE
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

I dunno about Tiger, what I do know is I'm having a hard time seeing how Chkflip's posts come from town. With respect to Iecerint, I thought his interactions with me earlier in the game were pretty good, he seemed genuinely interested in my motivations, but I'll also agree his entire stance toward the PV wagon has an air of scumminess to it.

I could see HD, Chkflip, and Iecerint as a scum-team. That wouldn't surprise me.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:10 pm

Post by chkflip »

I love how "I don't like his posts" == "he's dumb" or "he's scum" these days. Stay classy, mafscum.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:53 am

Post by Sotty7 »

"Thou hast journey'd far and overcome much, Chosen Undead.
Come hither child....."

15th vote count of Day one

:right:
TheOneWhoKnocks: 4 (Nachomamma8, leviathan93, Iecerint, Empking)
:right: PeregrineV: 4 (Debonair Danny DiPietro, VP Baltar, Human Destroyer, TheOneWhoKnocks)

Human Destroyer: 2 (FourTrouble, RestFermata)
VP Baltar: 2 (chkflip, PeregrineV)
Debonair Danny DiPietro: 1 (JasonT1981)

Not voting:
No one

With
players alive it takes
to lynch

DEADLINE:
(expired on 2013-03-07 21:00:00)
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:11 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

FourTrouble wrote:DDD seems to make more posts about theory than about PV's behavior.

Because no one has argued that suddenly PV's behavior is pro-town because it's not. (And his "I'm totally playing the game guys, ask me anything" in 197 is a quintessential scum position shifting the burden of his activity to other players and what really sold him as scum to me). It's because for some reason a VT claim was the catalyst for his wagon falling apart and that doesn't make a lick of sense so that's what I've been discussing lately.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Nacho, I'd like to hear your reasons for getting off the PV wagon. Far as I can tell, you just wanted the name of an ability and you left the wagon, which again, I don't understand since there is a 99% chance of there being flavored fakeclaims to keep the game from being broken.
YOUR AD HERE
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:32 am

Post by Iecerint »

VP Baltar wrote:Because scum make a focused effort to dismantle their wagons if they get too serious. It's hard to lynch scum on Day 1 because it's so easy for them to WIFOM their way out of the noose. Conversely, when a townie is being run up, there aren't multiple players banding together to divert the wagon and its much easier to make happen.

The same logic means that quickwagons are more likely to be on town. Which is why I think Peregrine is probably town.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

no it doesn't when PV was active lurking until his wagon got serious. There was no effort made to stop it, which I posit is why it grew so quickly. Had he been a good little scumbag, he would have tried to shut that down earlier. Fortunately for us, he didn't and that makes the artificial deflation even more blatantly scummy. When did you change your mind on
YOUR AD HERE
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 am

Post by PeregrineV »

VP Baltar wrote:You've done no scumhunting whatsoever today. You made some weak ass town calls early in the game with essentially no reasoning. You had a serious vote on Rest with no reasoning, then you lurked a bunch and when asked about that vote you said "IDK, something about bad logic." I'd think if it was legit you could actually remember it.

I said, they come across as town.
My Rest vote was my misreading of his posts late at night. Upon re-reading, I was wrong, and since he comes across as town, there was no longer any need to vote him. If the vote is not relevant, why recreate it?

VP Baltar wrote:Then when your wagon actually got serious because of me and a few others forcing the issue, you come out of active lurking mode to go, "Hey boo hoo, no one is making an actual case on me therefore I can't be scum!"
We must be in the same mode then, because we post at the same rate. Does this mean you are active lurking also, or just trying to misrep me?
I think I asked for the reasons I was being voted so I can argue against them. Since that's kind of how mafia works, don't get why you DON'T want me to do that.
Oh wait, I do.

VP Baltar wrote:You're so scum it hurts. Now you're OMGUSing me because I'm not letting you off the hook easy. I'd like to hear your actual reasoning for voting me that isn't, "you won't stop voting me and telling people to lynch me."

I asked for a reason and was ignored until you started getting votes. Now your good with answering, and the sum of you're answer is "your iso is laughable" and "you've done no scumhunting".
Well, I disagree. I have some good town reads, which helps me find scum through PoE.
I'm voting you for scum-tunneling, ignoring me, lack of scumhunting and your iso is laughable, and because your scum.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

scratch that last fragment of a sentence. meant to backspace that and accidentally posted it.
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

PeregrineV wrote:We must be in the same mode then, because we post at the same rate. Does this mean you are active lurking also, or just trying to misrep me?

>activity log
>VP - 62 posts
> PV - 38 posts
> we post at the same rate
>misrepping you

Furthermore, I've been actively involved throughout this day and haven't made nonconfrontational town gut posts so people ignore me. If you think that you've been active in this game and are legitimately trying to find scum, then I find that pretty funny.
YOUR AD HERE
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

FourTrouble wrote:Chkflip, you're not making any sense. VP is not saying the fact that scum are given fake claims means PV is fake claiming, he's saying that it has no bearing whatsoever on PV's affiliation. He's calling PV scum for a completely different reason. Now, don't misinterpret this as me agreeing with VP, I'm actually inclined to agree with you PV is probably town and it is definitely premature to be calling for his death. That doesn't mean VP is scum though.

You wouldn't think. But town takes the opportunity to engage other players to find out their alignment. The first time I tried with VP he ignored it, and then at L-1 he tried to continue ignoring it.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

PeregrineV wrote:I'm voting you for scum-tunneling, ignoring me, lack of scumhunting and your iso is laughable, and because your scum.

So, I was right. You're OMGUSing me. Explain lack of scumhunting please, with quotes.
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

PeregrineV wrote:
FourTrouble wrote:Chkflip, you're not making any sense. VP is not saying the fact that scum are given fake claims means PV is fake claiming, he's saying that it has no bearing whatsoever on PV's affiliation. He's calling PV scum for a completely different reason. Now, don't misinterpret this as me agreeing with VP, I'm actually inclined to agree with you PV is probably town and it is definitely premature to be calling for his death. That doesn't mean VP is scum though.

You wouldn't think. But town takes the opportunity to engage other players to find out their alignment. The first time I tried with VP he ignored it, and then at L-1 he tried to continue ignoring it.

lol, you've been given such a hard time I know. I must be scum because I'm not taking enough time to see you're town! hurrdee durrdee durr

chkflip is tunneling on me. Is he scum?
YOUR AD HERE
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:16 am

Post by PeregrineV »

VP Baltar wrote:Because scum make a focused effort to dismantle their wagons if they get too serious. It's hard to lynch scum on Day 1 because it's so easy for them to WIFOM their way out of the noose. Conversely, when a townie is being run up, there aren't multiple players banding together to divert the wagon and its much easier to make happen.

By your logic, anytime someone is voted to L-1, if they are NOT subsequently lynched, they're scum?

And since a sum of 2 people unvoted me, who exactly is diverting what?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
FourTrouble wrote:DDD seems to make more posts about theory than about PV's behavior.

Because no one has argued that suddenly PV's behavior is pro-town because it's not. (And his "I'm totally playing the game guys, ask me anything" in 197 is a quintessential scum position shifting the burden of his activity to other players and what really sold him as scum to me). It's because for some reason a VT claim was the catalyst for his wagon falling apart and that doesn't make a lick of sense so that's what I've been discussing lately.

But, according to VP, I'm active lurking, and according to you, my activity means I'm scum?
So you agree with him while disagreeing with him.
If you could elaborate, that would be swell.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:28 am

Post by PeregrineV »

VP Baltar wrote:no it doesn't when PV was active lurking until his wagon got serious. There was no effort made to stop it, which I posit is why it grew so quickly. Had he been a good little scumbag, he would have tried to shut that down earlier. Fortunately for us, he didn't and that makes the artificial deflation even more blatantly scummy. When did you change your mind on

This is interesting. I actually play in multiple games, but have been bogged down with work lately, so have had lighter activity in all games.
Then I had more time, and give some of those hours to the day 6 game that just ended instead of the day1 game that just started.
Then, as my wagon builds in this game, I try to find out why (mostly to make my lynchers accountable).
Then, I find myself at L-1 and claim.
Then, when I was fully expecting to be lynched and say oh well, people unvote.
Since this means I stay, then yes, I'll now play.
Then, you get pissed and try to continue pushing me for crap reasons.
Then, the other game is over and now you have to deal with me.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:30 am

Post by PeregrineV »

VP Baltar wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:We must be in the same mode then, because we post at the same rate. Does this mean you are active lurking also, or just trying to misrep me?

>activity log
>VP - 62 posts
> PV - 38 posts
> we post at the same rate
>misrepping you

I missaw that as having 5 less posts than you.
VP Baltar wrote:Furthermore, I've been actively involved throughout this day and haven't made nonconfrontational town gut posts so people ignore me. If you think that you've been active in this game and are legitimately trying to find scum, then I find that pretty funny.

I've admitted to being less active this game. Using that as a primary "reason I'm scum" doesn't really fly.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:41 am

Post by PeregrineV »

VP Baltar wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:I'm voting you for scum-tunneling, ignoring me, lack of scumhunting and your iso is laughable, and because your scum.

So, I was right. You're OMGUSing me. Explain lack of scumhunting please, with quotes.

You want me to explain a lack...with quotes?

But the sum of your reads seem to be Ice is scum with me because he's not voting me. The only conversation you had with him involved him disagreeing with the VT lynch theory, and then you trying to give a vocabulary lesson.
You have 3-4 townreads for and cause they .

And your attempt to turn this activity is apparently a
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:is a quintessential scum position shifting the burden of his activity to other players
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:45 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

PeregrineV wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:

But, according to VP, I'm active lurking, and according to you, my activity means I'm scum?
So you agree with him while disagreeing with him.
If you could elaborate, that would be swell.

Considering you mis-read everything apparently it doesn't surprise me that you didn't get this either. I fundamentally agree with VPB, but the way you were trying to pretend to be active was by putting it on other players to stir your activity "I'm willing to talk if you are" so that if/when you didn't post you could just claim you weren't being engaged by others and it's their fault and not your own. It's a classic scum move because it makes you seem open and involved without actually being so.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:48 am

Post by PeregrineV »

VP Baltar wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:

lol, you've been given such a hard time I know. I must be scum because I'm not taking enough time to see you're town! hurrdee durrdee durr

Nope. I saying back your shit up with real reasons, because your talking about how great it smells and everyone should want a piece, and I'm saying "hey, it's shit!".

VP Baltar wrote:chkflip is tunneling on me. Is he scum?
Now your asking me if he's bussing you?
I doubt it.
1. This is how he plays as town. it comes across as scummy to me, but like 4 recent games in a row I can say town for now.
2. He could have left his vote on me at L-1 until I was hammered. Unless you think he's scum trying to hold out to lynch a PR, there's no scum reason to do so.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:56 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Considering you mis-read everything apparently it doesn't surprise me that you didn't get this either. I fundamentally agree with VPB, but the way you were trying to pretend to be active was by putting it on other players to stir your activity "I'm willing to talk if you are" so that if/when you didn't post you could just claim you weren't being engaged by others and it's their fault and not your own. It's a classic scum move because it makes you seem open and involved without actually being so.

So my asking "why are you voting me" wasn't really to find out why they were voting me, but to get them to talk, and if they didn't I could just claim "I wasn't being engaged"?
I disagree. I wanted to know why people were voting me. It serves two causes. One, I see if it's town motivated or not. Two, when I flip, it's easier to use my death for town to find scum when I'm gone.
Human had a reason, even though I think it's dumb.
You and VP came up with reasons after the fact, and after I claimed.
Others with no reason unvoted, except for OneWhoKnocks, who seems to be sheeping VP.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.