faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:20 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 41, Formerfish wrote:
In post 36, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Fish I think you’re ick how about that?
Becky with the good hair dont care and neither do i. Your push is weak and you should feel bad about that.
Why do you think I asked about her experience and backed off when I thought about it some more? I actually think she’s town based on all of her responses. I think you trying to turn a 3 post interaction into a case is a huge stretch when the trajectory is pretty damn clear. Are you just trying to make anything stick or do you genuinely believe I’m “making bad pushes”?
I think for scum to win they have to kill townies and maybe you want to push me as scum to get me out of the way early, I don't know why you are making bad pushes. I think that if you were interested in why someone was playing a certain way that you would talk to them about it, but both times now you have kinda flown off half cocked only to retract within a post or two.

I guess for me you are being a little reckless with your vote and i dislike your style choice.
I don’t like Spartans sheep at all though. Torn between newb following what seemed logical at the time or fish being bad and not actually interacting with me directly.
Not sure i understand that last part.
In post 37, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I like how fish tries to hang me with my experience while at the same time explaining how I’m bad scum who’s not blending in.

???? lol
Did I say that? I think I said you could be scum because
your pushes have been on town so far
. And theyve been bad pushes. Im not roping you with a BoP rap here, so im not sure where that came from.
How do you know ETL’s pushes have been on town?
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:21 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 42, Formerfish wrote:
In post 40, faüstiv wrote:It was RVS, so I just picked someone at random, though if anything, RVS’ing a new player is a better way to illicit a reaction from them. Experienced players know it’s RVS, so are unlikely to take the vote seriously.
I like the thought process behind this.

Do you think newbie town or scum is more likely to react poorly to being voted?

What did you learn from the vote here?
I have some thoughts about it that I’d like to keep to myself for now.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:25 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 51, Gdooooog123456789 wrote:VOTE: Spartan117
Explain this vote.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:16 am

Post by Farren »

In post 41, Formerfish wrote:I think for scum to win they have to kill townies and maybe you want to push me as scum to get me out of the way early, I don't know why you are making bad pushes. I think that if you were interested in why someone was playing a certain way that you would talk to them about it, but both times now you have kinda flown off half cocked only to retract within a post or two.
Is retracting a bad argument scummy, Town, or both? And why?
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:26 am

Post by Farren »

In post 45, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Why aren’t you voting me if you think I’m scum then? Go on. What are you afraid of? Your buddy is already voting me so why not make it 2?
Only person voting for you right now is me, which was a meta-vote. A stale meta-vote which needs to change, as I like what I've seen so far.

UNVOTE: EspeciallyTheLies
VOTE: Spartan117
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:00 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 53, faüstiv wrote:How do you know ETL’s pushes have been on town?
Because i know my alignment and i read the other push as being on newb town before ETL backed off.

So, i know half of the pushes have been on town, and suspect the other half is as well.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:03 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 56, Farren wrote:
In post 41, Formerfish wrote:I think for scum to win they have to kill townies and maybe you want to push me as scum to get me out of the way early, I don't know why you are making bad pushes. I think that if you were interested in why someone was playing a certain way that you would talk to them about it, but both times now you have kinda flown off half cocked only to retract within a post or two.
Is retracting a bad argument scummy, Town, or both? And why?
I dont think in itself retracting is scummy. For me it was the push to begin with followed up by the quick abandonment of it.

Like the slot is 7 days old and makes an obnewb (no offense) post and she jumps down his throat with a bad faith argument, and a vote, only to be like hey why did you say that, and they explain that they are new (WHICH IS OBVIOUS) and she pulls back like oh thats cool.

Unless ETL is going for a slayers gambit by targeting me and a newb to draw heat I dont get her play and dont like hwat i see.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:05 am

Post by Formerfish »

We still have 2 slots that havent checked in, I would like to see what they have to say about things since theyll have a little bit of posts to read at once.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:22 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 58, Formerfish wrote:
Because i know my alignment and i read the other push as being on newb town before ETL backed off.

So, i know half of the pushes have been on town, and suspect the other half is as well.
The way you phrased it made it sound like you were certain they were all town.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:16 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 59, Formerfish wrote:Like the slot is 7 days old and makes an obnewb (no offense) post and she jumps down his throat with a bad faith argument, and a vote, only to be like hey why did you say that, and they explain that they are new (WHICH IS OBVIOUS) and she pulls back like oh thats cool.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

why on earth would my first move be to check their player date instead of the post they made?

Which do you legitimately think is more likely:

1) I'm scum who just posts off the cuff without reading anything I write beforehand,

or

2) I'm town who just reacted and continued reading?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:21 am

And it's not a bad faith argument at all. For you to say that is disingenuous. You are deliberately discounting what actually happened to spin this narrative. The very definition of misrepresentation.

Her post was nervous and jumpy as fuck and if it came from anyone with any more amount of experience would be an absolutely valid reason to scumread a slot. As soon as I realized they might be new, I double checked and backed off. It happened literally within a couple of minutes and was very natural. For you to try to make it seem like I was somehow angling to lynch a newbie DURING RVS WHEN THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE HAPPENING is just flat out disgusting and wrong. Are you truly trying to tell me you are totally unable to comprehend the situation?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:26 am

In post 59, Formerfish wrote:Unless ETL is going for a slayers gambit by targeting me and a newb to draw heat I dont get her play and dont like hwat i see.
I'm not "targeting" anyone!

JFC. I think Golden is town, and your behavior is what's making me think you're scum because I refuse to believe someone with your experience is honestly this dense.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:28 am

In post 18, Spartan117 wrote:This is a very scummy response, town wouldn't be so worried of being voted as a townie being lynched gives reads of who was on their wagon and why, while scum are much more nervous about being lynched and this is hyper shown here.

VOTE: TheGildedSun
Spartan you need to address this - others have had questions for you about this as well.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:33 am

besides me and fish this thread is a graveyard -.-
Art is cool.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by eth0s »

Official Vote Count 1.03

LynchingWith 9 living players it takes 5 votes to lynch.

TheGildedSun
(2): faüstiv, Spartan117

Spartan117
(2): Gdooooog123456789, Farren

Formerfish
(1): EspeciallyTheLies

Not Voting
(4): TheGildedSun, Azadeh, QueenAlien, Formerfish

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-01 12:50:00).

Mod notes:
Azedeh failed to confirm their role and I am looking for a replacement.[/area]
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 61, faüstiv wrote:
In post 58, Formerfish wrote:

The way you phrased it made it sound like you were certain they were all town.
I mean I know I am and I highly suspect it based off the entry from what's his name. So yeah, fairly confident that I'm right on those 2 reads.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 17, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:^ real vote is real.
Real vote on page 1.

On very low hanging fruit.

Then you pulled it back immediately.

I don't like it.

Do what you want.

But you realize that the reasons you want me to back off you are the same reasons I could use to defend myself against your current tract with me?

I kinda think this is tvt and either scum is waiting to see what happens or isn't active yet and we are just tearing into each other because an absence of anything else to dig into.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 66, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:besides me and fish this thread is a graveyard -.-
And like I said, I think that's the problem.

Wanna talk about Spartan?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 65, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 18, Spartan117 wrote:This is a very scummy response, town wouldn't be so worried of being voted as a townie being lynched gives reads of who was on their wagon and why, while scum are much more nervous about being lynched and this is hyper shown here.

VOTE: TheGildedSun
Spartan you need to address this - others have had questions for you about this as well.
I know its not going to be believed now as factually its after your post, but I wasnt sheeping in the slightest, I read #14 and was about to comment on it, but got distracted irl. I can see how my delayed irl response can look like sheeping but its not whether you want to believe that, its up to you im not bothered either way. I'm happy where my vote is atm, sure I can see how it may be newbtown, but it could also be newbscum being over defensive, having a inexperienced response does not mean that a person is instantly town. I have seen several times where people have been let off the hook for things they have said with it being put down to them being new to forum mafia, and therefore they are automatically newbtown.

With Gildedsun being voted No. 4 out of 5 votes before their #14 post, with all 5 being random to say "the random votes will only raise my suspicions of the offender" makes me think sure thats an inexperienced thing to say with minimal understanding of RVS but that doesnt mean that person is town in my eyes.

I felt like ETLs vote was a natural reaction in #16, not sure if too AI yet, will know more as i read through their 23 posts (over double the next player) could be LAMIST could just be eager to get the game going, ill find out as I read through.

#20 & #21 makes me think there is a big learning curve for Gilded in terms of how pressure works in order to obtain reads.

not too keen on ETLs #24 felt like a weak vote remove, could see them being a scum team (will note this for future reference).

In response to Farrens #29, I felt hyper was the best choice of word considering I had not seen someone react in such dismay over being voted before they had even posted.
I like you asking questions, but haven't seen any presentation of what you think of anyone. hmm..

Not sure what I think of the ETL v Fish interactions yet, could be TvT wish to evaluate better with more content.

Like Faustivs input so far, reads pretty townie so far.

I like #53 and agree with their spot, could be a good tell, hmm I'd say that my vote may be better placed here instead in that case.

VOTE: Formerfish
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by TheGildedSun »

I'd like to confess that yes, I had never known of RVing at the beginning of the first day being a common practice in a way to get the players talking. In all versions of mafia I have played this has never been something (most random votes were regarded as very suspicious unless the person claims it to be a gut lead) so if I seemed very confused and detached, this is the reason.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 59, Formerfish wrote:I dont think in itself retracting is scummy. For me it was the push to begin with followed up by the quick abandonment of it.

Like the slot is 7 days old and makes an obnewb (no offense) post and she jumps down his throat with a bad faith argument, and a vote, only to be like hey why did you say that, and they explain that they are new (WHICH IS OBVIOUS) and she pulls back like oh thats cool.

Unless ETL is going for a slayers gambit by targeting me and a newb to draw heat I dont get her play and dont like hwat i see.
I don't see anything scummy about realizing another possibility and following up on it. I could see scenarios where switching a viewpoint quickly would be scummy, but not realizing all the possibilities and then investigating further? That's the sort of thing that results in fewer mislynches, not more.

Unless the whole thing was staged, but I'm not getting that vibe here.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 5, eth0s wrote:
Seven or more players have confirmed their role and alignment. If you have not, you have (expired on 2019-10-23 15:00:00) to do so until I look for a replacement.

Day One begins!
Official Vote Count 1.00

LynchingWith 9 living players it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Not Voting
(9): faüstiv, Gdooooog123456789, TheGildedSun, Azadeh, Farren, QueenAlien, EspeciallyTheLies, Formerfish, Spartan117

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-01 12:50:00).

Mod notes:
Good luck and have fun![/area]
I wonder what the odds are that the 2 players not posting were the ones who didnt confirm anything.

We are coming up on 36hrs correct?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.