CONTROL - GAME OVER!

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5000 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 4964, Andante wrote:So yes Roden. I do have a preference in the 2, and I really feel like if you looked at the ISOs you would as well.

people need to look into Roden tomorrow, I don't trust him. but for now. we yeet Galron. Galron is maf. 1000%
I've looked at their ISO's, neither feel particularly scummier than the other. Both waffled on flipped scum, both have a lot of nothing posts, and both have been fairly non-existent this game.

What reason do you have not to trust me?
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5001 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4988, Andante wrote:why not interact with like any of the 20 posts I've made on Galron if she TRs galron so much... I do not get it
Uh because the game in question literally only ended today and I didn't know Galron's alignment there?

I knew (well, 'knew') that Galron was the same alignment in both games.

I didn't know what alignment Galron
was
in both games.

It took that game ending and Galron being town there for me to know Galron was town here.

Before that, Galron very well could've been scum.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5002 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 5000, Roden wrote:
In post 4964, Andante wrote:So yes Roden. I do have a preference in the 2, and I really feel like if you looked at the ISOs you would as well.

people need to look into Roden tomorrow, I don't trust him. but for now. we yeet Galron. Galron is maf. 1000%
I've looked at their ISO's, neither feel particularly scummier than the other. Both waffled on flipped scum, both have a lot of nothing posts, and both have been fairly non-existent this game.

What reason do you have not to trust me?
I mean, I don't not trust you, I believe you're the one I was believing was town the other night, I'm just not a fan of this whole "resistance to tictac? means tictac maf!!!"
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5003 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 4990, Andante wrote:
In post 4989, Roden wrote:it's weird that this doesn't seem to be pinging anybody else.
have you read Galron's ISO??

tictac and galron are both just bottom of the poe, I had no preference until galron kept just not acting towny and galron's ISO screams "tictac town" soooo
I don't think Tictac is town. I don't think either are but their interactions are also just bizarre. Like it's very very clear that they're voting each other because they have to, but a red flip from either doesn't clear the other. They're not fighting to survive and I don't understand why unless they're both scum.
In post 4991, Andante wrote:Roden, what are your thoughts on the mastina page top?
I think she believes in what she's saying. It's too bizarre of a defense to come from scum, and I can understand the thought process behind it. I see it as her town telling, but I don't think the case itself means Galron is town.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5004 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 5003, Roden wrote:They're not fighting to survive and I don't understand why unless they're both scum.
yeah not sure either... like, for me this is just a bunch of poe stuff, I have lock town reads, and just looking into those I don't TR. I SR Galron more than tictac. tictac's name was also thrown around with the dunn/ircher wagon mess if I remember. There is no freaking way dunn/ircher/tictac/galron contains all the maf though. that's like too easy
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5005 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 4995, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Calling it "aversion to Tictac wagon" is an stretch. I think Tictac has made slightly townie posts while Galron looks like an super scumbutt these later pages. So while i’m not 100% trusting Tictac to be town now. It certainly does influence my preference. And for someone to state "Oh this just Ircher all over again" is really annoying.
Not just Ircher, Dunn too, but that isn't the point. I don't think it's accurate to say there aren't similarities.
In post 4997, NorwegianboyEE wrote:And Ircher actually claimed self-resolving slot sooo yah. Tictac already has claimed ascetic.
Not the same >_>
Do you not remember that Ircher's wagon kept dissipating even before the claim?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5006 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:56 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 4994, Andante wrote:Look Roden, if it makes you happier, I'll flip tictac the town today, if you are THAT confident tictac is better. I'll flip. the "stalling" was just people waiting cause mala said "do not hammer I'm doing something" so no one hammered...
That isn't what I'm saying...I'm fine with flipping either, I think both are scummy. What I'm trying to understand is why people want Galron over Tictac, it felt sudden. Like, am I perceiving the game state the same as everyone else, or am I seeing something that isn't there?
In post 4998, Andante wrote:
In post 4995, NorwegianboyEE wrote:aversion to Tictac wagon
it was really just people not voting cause mala asked no one to hammer I think
What I meant by that is that there wasn't much interest in Galron before Mala asked us to hold off on hammering. Once she was ready though, there was a sudden push on Galron instead and that made me want to hit the brakes.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5007 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 5004, Andante wrote:
In post 5003, Roden wrote:They're not fighting to survive and I don't understand why unless they're both scum.
yeah not sure either... like, for me this is just a bunch of poe stuff, I have lock town reads, and just looking into those I don't TR. I SR Galron more than tictac. tictac's name was also thrown around with the dunn/ircher wagon mess if I remember. There is no freaking way dunn/ircher/tictac/galron contains all the maf though. that's like too easy
Ok thank you for saying that, I think it's too easy too. I thought I was just being paranoid but, yeah these elims feel too easy, but at the same time I feel like both Galron and Tictac are purposely fine with being getting voted out. The vibes I'm getting scare me and I feel like we're about to lose somehow but I don't get how.

I think if they are both scum then we have a deep wolf who isn't on the radar whatsoever.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5008 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:06 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 5006, Roden wrote:That isn't what I'm saying...I'm fine with flipping either, I think both are scummy. What I'm trying to understand is why people want Galron over Tictac, it felt sudden. Like, am I perceiving the game state the same as everyone else, or am I seeing something that isn't there?
I mean like, it went from "whatever" to me going "I think it's galron!!! get galron!!!" so I'm sure it feels sudden, like no one else is really saying too much lol
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5009 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:09 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 5007, Roden wrote:
Ok thank you for saying that, I think it's too easy too. I thought I was just being paranoid but, yeah these elims feel too easy, but at the same time I feel like both Galron and Tictac are purposely fine with being getting voted out. The vibes I'm getting scare me and I feel like we're about to lose somehow but I don't get how.

I think if they are both scum then we have a deep wolf who isn't on the radar whatsoever.
mhm so I want to flip Galron, who I'm more confident flips maf, then I can go read into who I'm wrongly TRing cause I refuse to believe it's simply galron and tictac
Galron
Galron
Mafia Scum
Galron
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5010 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:12 pm

Post by Galron »

UNVOTE:

I need to think about this.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5011 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 5010, Galron wrote:I need to think about this.
LMAO I love this reaction to the past 2 pages
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5012 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by Andante »

"Let me talk to mylawyer and figure out my options here..."
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5013 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 4996, Andante wrote:
In post 4992, Roden wrote:
In post 4980, Andante wrote:
In post 4977, Andante wrote:I do not care at all how he played in other games, I'm looking at this game, and this game alone. nothing he has done even resembles town, and just feels like overwhelmed lost scum
And here on day 5 he feels too frozen, like "tictac maf" is kinda all he'll say, we have 2 kills happening, Ircher spewed Bell town, and MUSH was very towny so I don't think town had a shot there, yet Galron is like "yall are gonna vote in us 2? not me." all game he's just said "tictac maf" no reasoning, Galron is not town, and you calling him lock town off meta??? like what even??
This is only marginally related, but if Bell was spewed town and Mush was "very towny", why did the Vig shoot one of them? Like I agree they were both townie before the flip, but why are both dead?
vig is not town aligned? easy answer
If that's true, Catboi claims to have Neighborized the Vig.

@Catboi:
Has the Vig explained their kill choice in your hood chat? Do you think they actually are the Vig or is it possible that they're 3P? Can you also have them clarify who they shot?
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5014 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by Andante »

oh town has the vig? lol rip yeah idk what's happening, I'm good with voting Galron and calling it a day tbh
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5015 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by Andante »

and let whatever play out
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5016 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:29 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 5013, Roden wrote:
In post 4977, Andante wrote:I do not care at all how he played in other games, I'm looking at this game, and this game alone. nothing he has done even resembles town, and just feels like overwhelmed lost scum
And here on day 5 he feels too frozen, like "tictac maf" is kinda all he'll say, we have 2 kills happening, Ircher spewed Bell town, and MUSH was very towny so I don't think town had a shot there, yet Galron is like "yall are gonna vote in us 2? not me." all game he's just said "tictac maf" no reasoning, Galron is not town, and you calling him lock town off meta??? like what even??
This is only marginally related, but if Bell was spewed town and Mush was "very towny", why did the Vig shoot one of them? Like I agree they were both townie before the flip, but why are both dead?

@Catboi:
Has the Vig explained their kill choice in your hood chat? Do you think they actually are the Vig or is it possible that they're 3P? Can you also have them clarify who they shot?
Sigh.

I talked the vig into it because I thought MUSH's posts about Dunn were bad. There's your answer. I think there's no chance of there being a 3rd party. Vig is obviously gated and I wouldn't expect a SK to be.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5017 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:39 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 5009, Andante wrote:

mhm so I want to flip Galron, who I'm more confident flips maf, then I can go read into who I'm wrongly TRing cause I refuse to believe it's simply galron and tictac
Even if it's both of them, shouldn't there be a 5th scum? If Galron is red and Tictac is green, I feel like there would still have to be two more. Idk much about large game balance, but from what I understand isn't the ratio typically:

9 players = 2 scum
13 players = 3 scum
17 players = 4 scum
21 players = 5 scum
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5018 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:43 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 5016, catboi wrote:
In post 5013, Roden wrote:

@Catboi:
Sigh.

I talked the vig into it because I thought MUSH's posts about Dunn were bad. There's your answer. I think there's no chance of there being a 3rd party. Vig is obviously gated and I wouldn't expect a SK to be.
Pretty much the answer I expected, but alright.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5019 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:46 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 5017, Roden wrote:
In post 5009, Andante wrote:

Even if it's both of them, shouldn't there be a 5th scum? If Galron is red and Tictac is green, I feel like there would still have to be two more. Idk much about large game balance, but from what I understand isn't the ratio typically:

9 players = 2 scum
13 players = 3 scum
17 players = 4 scum
21 players = 5 scum
I've been assuming 4 maf cause Happy Face was 4 maf, and 18 people sure, idk maybe there's 5. only 2 are dead. :/
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5020 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by catboi »

16:5 would be the standard expectation unless mafia somehow had extra power but it doesn't feel that way
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5021 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by Andante »

yall are telling me we have 3 maf here?