Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Datisi »

Vote count 1.16

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-07-07 13:00:00)

coalition
PookyTheMagicalBear [5]:
Deimos27, SleeperSoul, DonCorleone, PookyTheMagicalBear, votato
votato [5]:
votato, PookyTheMagicalBear, DonCorleone, Deimos27, SleeperSoul

SleeperSoul [5]:
PookyTheMagicalBear, Deimos27, SleeperSoul, votato, Tuxedo Mask

DonCorleone [5]:
DonCorleone, SleeperSoul, Clover Ebi, PookyTheMagicalBear, Deimos27

Tuxedo Mask [5]:
Deimos27, DkKoba, DonCorleone, Tuxedo Mask, SleeperSoul

DkKoba [4]:
Tuxedo Mask, votato, DkKoba, Clover Ebi

Deimos27 [4]:
PookyTheMagicalBear, votato, DonCorleone, SleeperSoul

Alduskkel [4]:
Alduskkel, votato, SleeperSoul, DkKoba

Clover Ebi [0]:

lynch
SleeperSoul (1):
Deimos27

Tuxedo Mask (1):
DonCorleone

PookyTheMagicalBear (1):
DkKoba

not voting (6):
Alduskkel, votato, Clover Ebi, SleeperSoul, PookyTheMagicalBear, Tuxedo Mask

flavourImage

mod notes
Last edited by Datisi on Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 545, DkKoba wrote:I never said I'm hot shit nor that I have the best reads. But you are still spewing about me being town. You are saying I am scum but speaking in a way that implies I am town.
If you enter a game like this:
In post 319, DkKoba wrote:hello.I rolled town so I will be aggressively making sure I am in this coalition.
In post 320, DkKoba wrote:i skimmed the thread b4 subbing in and I think pooky shouldn't be in it btw
In post 323, DkKoba wrote:
In post 20, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:deimos my number 1 townread right now

he's so clueless he has to be town
In post 21, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:let's win this first day boys

get it done
In post 22, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think we have a 85% chance of winning this game outright if townies act really townie

let's do it
i know yall dont take much stock in daystarts but this is a triple whammy post where they are s onervous to appear town that they need to restate mechs and stuff and thats why I said they were scum btw.

they scumtold right off the start and u wanna put them in ur coalition
Then you’re saying both of those things implicitly
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I do want to see something.

Let's take both Sleeper and Alduskkel out of the coalition...
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Do you hard TR pooky?
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 549, DkKoba wrote:Do you really think I am scum or are you upset with my play? Because I really do get the vibe from your posts you think I am town from the way you engage with me.
Refer to previous post

FWIW I did misread you as scum on D1 in that newbie where maduisha won (I wasn’t in it, I happened to spectate some of it)
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 553, DkKoba wrote:Do you hard TR pooky?
Ehh I townread them, I didn’t read through all their interaction with you on the last 2-3 pages in full
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

Like I skimmed it but I imagine it’ll be easier to get to a more solid read on them when I do read that properly
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 552, DkKoba wrote:I do want to see something.

Let's take both Sleeper and Alduskkel out of the coalition...
how about this?

because I have had doubts about both these slots recently.

in case you havent noticed I questioned sleeper about their reads to force them to take stances. which is generally the approach I have been adopting recently after discussing scumhunting methods with someone who I perceive as better than me.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

honestly feels terrible to be attacked for my play that I've felt I've been improving despite being in games where I've lost(partially from D1 tunnels and lack of confidence to push onto scumreads that I felt would just get the wagon turned onto me). I've been slowly adapting my play and learning and I expect people to engage me in good faith because people can have bad streaks. (i most recently won a game via a 3/3 solve! with only 1 ML used on someone who was jestering!). unless something you have to say has to do with my meta on my alignment, I'd rather not have previous losses of mine be brought up to just silence me. I'm capable as a player and I can make good conclusions, even if it takes longer and with more questioning than others.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by DkKoba »

yeah I word things awkwardly and am not as meticulous with my explainations and use hyperbole sometimes but its frustrating if people are going to just pile onto me for wanting to be active and be part of the solve.
(DM me)

DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 558, DkKoba wrote:most recently won a game via a 3/3 solve! with only 1 ML used on someone who was jestering!)
Was this cult D3? I didn’t read that yet
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

I never had aldus in my coalition and I think I already voiced my doubts on sleeper
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by DkKoba »

its annoying that no one on the leading coalition feels the need to justify their coalition as far as I see, I saw maybe one person explain it in acceptable detail (i forget who) but otherwise silence.
(DM me)

DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

Okay, I may have misjudged you, sorry

I’ve had negative experiences with players who have played similar to you in past games of yours that I’ve seen and who have been highly intransigent and unwilling to try to improve/to move towards playing in a less abrasive manner.

It’s also trickier reading you because I have no scum meta for you so idk what it will look like when you roll scum (in a normal game that is, in excluding Avalon)
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 563, DonCorleone wrote:unwilling to try to improve/to move towards playing in a less abrasive manner
These things don’t always necessarily mean “bad” as in inaccurate ftr, but they’re particularly frustrating when coupled with bad reads

God knows I’ve been toxic in enough games and I partly started this alt because I wanted to have a more chilled out account to do things on

Do you thing koba, I’ll be around

I think you’re probably wrong on pooky and Deimos tho, and I think you should take a closer look at tux
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

odd because that was my experience with votato in nearly all my games with him lmaoo
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

deimos is a light meta read thats pinged by my nervousness of his slot whereas I had a solid read on him and he was a solid townread in cultd3
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also re: abrasiveness

i find it effective. It gets people to react. I'm here to play a game, not have people like me necessarily. If I think they are mafia I will come at the throat so I can get them to alignment tell. either that or I feign trust as a trap :lol:
(DM me)

votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by votato »

In post 530, DkKoba wrote:And what is "less fun".. the fact I am engaging and questioning people and getting the game moving? You flopped in CultD3 and seemed like you were trying to play cult wincon by not trying. (you're welcome for the hardcarry btw). just admit that you are incapable of reading people yet. you can learn but you aren't there yet bud. read the other games and look at your mistakes.
when you say "flopped" you mean i was away from my computer for an evening 24 hours into the game and got lolhammered? yes im sorry for my terrible play and awful reads in that game where i identified cult and the recruit without reading the thread. oops.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by votato »

In post 543, DonCorleone wrote:It’s really not you in particular, it feels like there’s a new player the same as you who pops up every couple of months thinking they’re hot shit with the best reads ever seen only to just... not be that
actually im the new player who just popped up in the last few months who is hot shit. you're welcome for being here, mafiascum community.
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by DkKoba »

well are you going to explain why I'm "obvscum" votato?
(DM me)

votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by votato »

In post 546, DonCorleone wrote:I don’t think votato makes out that he’s hot shit

My bad on the pronouns, I’m trying to stick to they/them
wrong. im the hottest shit there is. did you know i've won half or more of my towngames?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by votato »

In post 570, DkKoba wrote:well are you going to explain why I'm "obvscum" votato?
you play a certain way as VT. this aint it. last game i picked up on similar things, but you were PR. this game you're playing differently again, and the game is mountainous. so thats a heavy scumping. your reads are the opposite of what they should be. and town was getting along great and cooperating until you joined and started stirring shit up. thats sooooo anti-town, and you're a good enough player that you should know better. your ego is tremendous (shocked theres room for the whole thing in this small thread), so thats part of why you feel the need to stir the pot, but its beyond that. you usually run gambits and stir the pot with a purpose. here you're stirring the pot just because.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by votato »

also, DC, look at my avatar. is that the avatar of someone who takes things lightly and jokes? no. its the avatar of the most serious, get-down-to-business, no-nonsense, 40-foot-pole-up-butt hardass ever to walk the surface of this planet.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by DkKoba »

What is the way I play as VT?

what should my reads be?

oh sorry I wanted to question the current "towncore" because I'm not going to let a coalition hammer without discussion, and I most definitely feel I up the chances of a town win with myself on it.

You INSIST you know how to read me but continue to fail at it.

Can you just acknowledge that I can read a board state and act differently based on what is going on?
What things are pinging you that I'm not doing? I don't always run gambits unless there's a mechanical reason to.

And give me an explaination for every player you have Healed right now in your coalition.
(DM me)