Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6375 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 6322, Hectic wrote:
shellyc
is the
scroll bearer!

They now have 2 days to pick a player they'd like to pass the scroll to, using a VOTE:

I'll allow placeholder votes using the HURT: tags in the event the player is afraid they'll forget to pass it on. The person it's passed to will simply default to the placeholder they've put down earlier.
If no placeholder vote was used, I'll pick the last living/non-cursed player the scroll bearer has voted in the game to receive the scroll.
If the above is not applicable, I'll allow mafia to pick.

Timer: (expired on 2020-11-13 19:23:46)
VOTE: MUSH
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6376 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

GG shelly, how many more did I get right?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6377 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Nervous Pooky? I think we might be tied
GTKAMURDERCAT

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6378 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by shellyc »

I'm not falling for it
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6379 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

I'd like to enter for the record

Fred/Shelly/Goofball/Flea/Titus

Perhaps Pooky is in there instead? Mostly anyone who voted UNO

Pedit :P
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6380 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Mush if you need anything let me know otherwise I'm going back to mostly lurking until it's time to vote again
GTKAMURDERCAT

Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6381 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 6373, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 6371, Gloria Cleary wrote:Can this totally be a coincidence?
I'm missing your point
My point is that Shelley would have put a HURT tags to try to see where MUSH’s head is but she didn’t. Her very decisively doing a scroll vote as opposed to a HURT tag means that she feels extremely overconfident that Mush will either shoot me or someone else who is town. If she feared one of her buddies would go down instead, she would have done a HURT tag instead.

Scum needs to be extremely careful who they scroll and aim their target to take out town and Mush clearly indicated she would scroll me in that post, eventhough though she tried to make it seem like she didn’t when she asked for my opinion along with obvtown.

Shelley clearly saw through it and manipulated both of us. Shelley knew that Mush is the only town that would give me the scroll so unless Mush wakes tf up, we’re looking at an LLD/Theta redux.

You would think the fact that none of her other strong trs are agreeing with her would make Mush realize she’s obviously wrong but regardless of what Mush actually decides to do, Shelley is clearly banking on Mush giving me the scroll. If Mush decides to play some misguided town hero, we’re going to have another S - T - T tomorrow because the only reason Mush sr me is because I dared to disagre with her on Shelley and was obviously very wrong but she apparently can’t see that being wrong doesn’t make me scum. This is why I think Titus is town and I realize by stating this, I’m greatly increasing my chances of receiving the scroll but her VC analysis makes damn good sense. Scum very likely hardbussed and were on the wagon early to get towncred and just like LLD completely misread the lack of a Noraa counterwagon as bussing, Mush can’t see that I really did think Shelley was town which is why I tried to derail. If I was actually scum here, I do backflips to pocket Mush just like whomever might be possible scum pocketing LLD who she put into her townblock for agreeing with her and Mush is letting her ego influence her reads, because if she wasn’t, she’d ask herself why none of her strong trs are agreeing with her sr on me, which is what you’d expect a townie who is more concerned about taking out actual scul than her obvious motivation of exiting the game as misguided town hero.

I am well aware that I am probably antagonizing her with this post but it’s obvious that she actually didn’t gaf about my reads or any of the gazillion things I’ve done in this game that scream protown, so calling it rn, Mush will give me the scroll because she refuses to listen to anyone else’s reads and I’m done with this game and if she refuses to take her head out of her ass, I just want it over with. I’m going to bother putting anymore effort into this game because Mush doesn’t see how she played right into Shelley’s hands. Everyone else can see that I wrongly tr Shelley except apparently for Mush. You’d think that would tell her something but apparently not.

I won’t play with her after this, because she refuses to listen to anyone else’s reads. So yeah, bank on it. She is 100% giving it to me and that’s why Shelley confidently scrolled as opposed to using a HURT tag.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #6382 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Phase 2 begins.

Everyone is at risk of dying today. Post like it's your last day in the game. If I am not entertained I will put the hurt on you. I will not accept pleas, I will only accept your absolute loyalty and obedience.

That won't save you either, but I'll be nicer about it.

Let's get started with an announcement: UNOwen is in your townbloc now, folks. Accept it, because I will not tolerate dissidence.

Pooky and Tayl0r, I want towncases on each other. Yes, I know you're each convinced the other is scum. Do it anyway. Failure to towncase your opposition may very well be your doom. I am a mad god and I hold absolute power over your continuing to play this game.

Titus, I want scumcases on all of your townreads outside of me, Gloria, Noraa. Yes, again, I am serious. Your pleas will not fall on deaf ears, but they will fall regardless. I don't even have ears. I am a worm god and I cannot hear you scream.

Gloria, I have a very special request for you. It is something you should be, in fact, the foremost expert on. A list of every person you hard-defended during this game, in order. You should not be alive -- your reads have seemed to suck tremendously thus far and you are otherwise obvtown: a perfect scum target in this scenario. I don't actually know /why/ you are alive still. Show me.

MURDERCAT, Bell, Noraa, UNOwen: now is the time to drop full readslists. While you're at it, one of you can scumcase or towncase (don't care which) Titus. Better still, all of you can, but I am merciful and don't need duplicated effort from you lot anyway. UNOwen, from you specifically I want your absolute favorite scumread here. I'm thinking of 2028 and I'm thinking you're going to lead me to a solve.

Anyone I have not assigned a job to is encouraged to explain exactly how the others are sucking at their job. I'm watching for something specific in the dynamics. So, you know, everyone here. Almost.

Everyone except Adorable.

Adorable, your role here is to convince me not to make you my final scroll target, because right now that's where I'm headed until my worshippers inevitably enrage me and I do the whole Greek God thing. I will give you a small reprieve, but there is no hope but the hope you make for yourself here. Convince me.

HURT: Hectic Nothing personal, you're doing a great job despite all the self-aware flavor posting and all. I simply want to show the lengths of disrespect I am willing to put on open display here. You get it, I'm sure.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #6383 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Noraa »

Full reads list. mmm that's a mess. my reads list does not agree with consensus just a warning in advance. its also late. I'll do it tomorrow.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6384 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

That's /good/. Stuff that makes waves everyone else can rip into is what I want. I want to smash scum, and that means finalizing a POE and hitting red THIS pass, and I do that best when there is a lot of chaotic interaction. Feed me absolute madness.

But I'm going to bed soon myself so fair enough on the lateness.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6385 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

Gloria, I have a very special request for you. It is something you should be, in fact, the foremost expert on. A list of every person you hard-defended during this game, in order. You should not be alive -- your reads have seemed to suck tremendously thus far and you are otherwise obvtown: a perfect scum target in this scenario. I don't actually know /why/ you are alive still. Show me.
Are you saying you bluffed Shelley? Then I take back everything I said in that last post.

No, I was right on Isis and Noraa. In fact, none of my earlier hard townblock has been disproven. I was actually null on Shelley before Pooky proposed his Shelley/Owno TvT theory. That’s when I ISO’d her and came up with that very wrong read.

I get pocketed a lot in my games. I was the game losing mislynch in a game because I adamantly wrongly hard defended scum who hardbussed every single one of their PRs, so yeah, I do feel really stupid now, so I probably can’t entirely blame you for doubting me. I apologize for the outburst but it looked from your post that you were ignoring all of the obvious evidence that shows I’m town and when you made that post that one of your srs were one of the people whom you asked opinions from AFTER Shelley very confidently did the scroll rather than a hesitant hurt tag, I just assumed that you weren’t going to listen to anything I or anyone else would say on it.

I’m just hoping that Shelley majorly fucked up by doing the confident scroll as opposed to the HURT tag and that you see through that.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6386 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 6381, Gloria Cleary wrote:extremely overconfident that Mush will either shoot me or someone else who is town
I think they just view mush as the biggest threat
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6387 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 6382, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:UNOwen is in your townbloc now, folks
Agree
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6388 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 6382, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Adorable, your role here is to convince me not to make you my final scroll target
Really?
GTKAMURDERCAT

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6389 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Oh, scum fucked up by considering me a viable target at all. Under high pressure with many players? Large number of obvtowns? No PRs to fuzz my reads? Most of the players who share my aggressive playstyle out of the game (in this case basically just LLD)? Ability to control the player list with an iron fist because I have the scroll and my wrath can be backed up mechanically? Scum's doomed.

I want the full list still. There are precious few reasons scum lets you specifically live this long in this game. You had a far larger chance of going S->T->T than LLD did, and I'm willing to bet you had a far larger chance of hitting town than I do this dayphase as well. I want to see what they see.

P-EDIT: MURDERCAT, what part of "I am a mad god" passed you by here?
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6390 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 6389, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I want the full list still. There are precious few reasons scum lets you specifically live this long in this game. You had a far larger chance of going S->T->T than LLD did, and I'm willing to bet you had a far larger chance of hitting town than I do this dayphase as well. I want to see what they see.
This is to me? I think it's because I'm obscuring my reads. Also point might just be scum and I'm willing to shoot there
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6391 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Pooky
GTKAMURDERCAT

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6392 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Nah, I was sending that to Gloria. I want her full list of slots she's hard-defended this game so I can identify why she's still alive.

Still. Give me a full reads list though.

Yes, yes, obscuring your reads, blah blah. I am trying to get information and create an actual game-solve, your obscurity is useless to town here. Do you want to be the first person I put the hurt on, just before I go to sleep? That would be silly, MURDERCAT.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6393 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 6386, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 6381, Gloria Cleary wrote:extremely overconfident that Mush will either shoot me or someone else who is town
I think they just view mush as the biggest threat
You’re not considering the scroll position here. I would 100% agree with you if Shelley was in scroll position #2 not 1 because obviously scum in scroll position two takes out Mush or any other obvtown who’s leading the game but she’s not, she’s in scroll position #1 and she wants to guarantee her buddies’ safety, so getting out obvtown is a secondary concern over protecting their buddies. Shelley is extremely confident that Mush will scroll town.

Well we now know why Fred put Shelley in his hitlist, so I guess you were right. @Noraa. My confidence in my reads has been shattered but I’d look either at Fred’s null list. Trying to decide what Shelley!scum means for Flea, because I think at least one of Flea/Fidget being on Shelley rather than Toog probably has to mean something?
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6394 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 6389, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Oh, scum fucked up by considering me a viable target at all. Under high pressure with many players? Large number of obvtowns? No PRs to fuzz my reads? Most of the players who share my aggressive playstyle out of the game (in this case basically just LLD)? Ability to control the player list with an iron fist because I have the scroll and my wrath can be backed up mechanically? Scum's doomed.

I want the full list still. There are precious few reasons scum lets you specifically live this long in this game. You had a far larger chance of going S->T->T than LLD did, and I'm willing to bet you had a far larger chance of hitting town than I do this dayphase as well. I want to see what they see.

P-EDIT: MURDERCAT, what part of "I am a mad god" passed you by here?
How do you figure that? LLD made it abundantly clear she was taking out either Noraa or Theta. Yeah I will do that but I would also encourage you to reread Fred/me interactions and see if that honestly looks like SvS to you.

Well, I might be wrong on Fidget or I think scum would have given me the scroll but Idk. I liked her last post, so maybe I am wrong on Adodable? And if I am. then Fidget would be spewed town because her switching her scroll could possibly have been to falsely implicate Fidget.

Btw, why are you so pissed at Hectic? :lol:
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6395 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 6367, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 6343, Fidget wrote:
In post 6225, Gloria Cleary wrote:You are dancing around this and completely misrepping my case.

My case is not: he was planning to give the scroll to Adorable AFTER she switched her scroll target from Noraa to you. You contining to misrepresent what I’m saying is extremely telling.

What I actually did say, is he was planning to give it to Adorable BEFORE she switched her scroll target from Noraa to you because obviously Fred is fine with Noraa dying.
No. He did NOT and NEVER planned to give it to Adorable. Not even BEFORE. That is very clearly what I am saying. He never intended at any point to actually give it to her. That is why your case is false.

If you can't see the point I'm making, I don't want to talk about it anymore.
What makes you so sure about that? You’re assuming that’s the case and yes obviously I’m assuming the converse but I don’t know how you can be this adamantly sure?
In a town!Adorable world, that is fucking game losing. How does Fred even remotely justify that kill? Adorable would then pass it to either me or Noraa, and then the entire town block still exists. Not a single townread person dies. What use is that kill to scum, at all? If you had a giant league full of (basically) masons, would you shoot someone outside of that pool? The only reason I could think of for doing that is if there's a bunch of scum hiding in the town bloc feeling comfortable.

And again, I want to note, Adorable suspecting me is not something he would be suddenly be surprised by. It is abundantly clear that from our convos that Adorable stood a good chance of shooting me even before he hurt her. So he was fine with that chance, but then he wasn't fine with it after the odds went up by however much? How the hell is that more likely than he was just doing a dance until he suddenly switches to the real target at the end? I would speculate that he was probably asking his more experienced mates who to actually shoot in the meantime.

Can we just disagree on this because I'm flipping my lid over it, and it probably won't matter in the scheme of things. You still think I'm scummy for my behavior towards shelly or something like that, and I don't really have anything to add to that. I'm much more willing to accept that reasoning because it makes me feel good sort of even though I guess it's not really a compliment. My votes on her seem like bussing to you, I suppose?
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6396 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I'm not mad at Hectic at all. Hectic is fine. Hectic is simply an example to the rest of you that I will hit my townreads, I will hit my scumreads, I will hit the mod, I might hit the deadlist, no one is safe, etc. How can I truly ensure town understands that I will reign through fear and terror unless I nonchalantly injure an innocent for no reason? What I'm saying is, I'm the bad guy in the cheesy fantasy adventure movie right now and my reign of terror is both absolute and temporary, so I'm going to make the most of it.

And no, I think scum underestimated LLD's abilities, and LLD succumbed to the pressure of needing to scroll and not having the regular game engagement to make it happen. She wasn't considering Noraa as highly as Theta and there was (IIRC) another one between the two. You had a far larger chance because your reads were clearing scum, plural. Scum sees something I don't, I want to know what they see. I want to see who you hard-defended, I'm going to be watching your earlier reads lists, I'm honestly going to be casing you like a thief casing a bank where the security guard goes for a beer run every night, same time. Because I need to see what scum sees if I'm going to unlock this game.

PEDIT: Fidget! Just in time. Glad you could join us. Give me your biggest scumread and your biggest non-consensus townread.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6397 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 6392, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Nah, I was sending that to Gloria. I want her full list of slots she's hard-defended this game so I can identify why she's still alive.
At what point would scum have targeted Gloria?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6398 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 6379, MURDERCAT wrote:I'd like to enter for the record

Fred/Shelly/Goofball/Flea/Titus

Perhaps Pooky is in there instead? Mostly anyone who voted UNO

Pedit :P
I feel strongly that you have at least four correct. Iffy on Titus/DGB being together, I feel like one needs to be swapped out, but I do not know for who.

@Gloria
I feel you should probably be careful reading that much into shelly's choice, although I agree in that you should absolutely not be scrolled here.
In post 6382, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Adorable, your role here is to convince me not to make you my final scroll target, because right now that's where I'm headed until my worshippers inevitably enrage me and I do the whole Greek God thing. I will give you a small reprieve, but there is no hope but the hope you make for yourself here. Convince me.
Wait really?

Rustles through thrown-out Adorable case

There's potential..

I'm sad you didn't give me anything to do in your post, I feel left out. Oh wait
In post 6382, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Anyone I have not assigned a job to is encouraged to explain exactly how the others are sucking at their job. I'm watching for something specific in the dynamics. So, you know, everyone here. Almost.
Sounds good

Pedit: Let's fucking goooooo
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6399 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 6392, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Yes, yes, obscuring your reads, blah blah. I am trying to get information and create an actual game-solve, your obscurity is useless to town here. Do you want to be the first person I put the hurt on, just before I go to sleep? That would be silly, MURDERCAT.
Well if you are admitting you need my help...
GTKAMURDERCAT