mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

A bit more on tone/emotion for the curious (and I'll admit that I AM NOT good at this, but like I said, some people are). Key paragraph blown up
I don't have time to adequately respond to that post but one thing I can say quickly is that when I'm talking about emotions, I'm specifically excluding anger. It's the easiest emotion to fake and it's one that is often not alignment-indicative even when it is genuine, unless it can be traced to an origin in something distinctly villagery.

Emotions like pride, paranoia, surprise, suspicion, etc, are more difficult to fake. Wolves often fail to even identify spots in which emotion should be present in their posting, and their efforts at actually displaying more complex emotions are often quite clumsy, for example by stating their supposed feelings rather than displaying them

But in the case of Cron, a lot of what was clearing for him was just the sheer depth and breadth of his reads and interactions. It's just hard to fake that much content so quickly and make it sound good. And few wolves are ever going to stalk other players' online statuses in order to catch lurkers.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 700, mhsmith0 wrote:A bit more on tone/emotion for the curious (and I'll admit that I AM NOT good at this, but like I said, some people are). Key paragraph blown up
I don't have time to adequately respond to that post but one thing I can say quickly is that when I'm talking about emotions, I'm specifically excluding anger. It's the easiest emotion to fake and it's one that is often not alignment-indicative even when it is genuine, unless it can be traced to an origin in something distinctly villagery.

Emotions like pride, paranoia, surprise, suspicion, etc, are more difficult to fake. Wolves often fail to even identify spots in which emotion should be present in their posting, and their efforts at actually displaying more complex emotions are often quite clumsy, for example by stating their supposed feelings rather than displaying them

But in the case of Cron, a lot of what was clearing for him was just the sheer depth and breadth of his reads and interactions. It's just hard to fake that much content so quickly and make it sound good. And few wolves are ever going to stalk other players' online statuses in order to catch lurkers.
Literally me in 1721 lmao
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

this account is ded now kthxbai
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by Mina »

Goodbye.