Anything uPick (Endgame)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by Good Luck Buddy »

In post 774, Taly wrote:Really though, I want to be sure your reads are true and not a meme. Are they?
i do townread sakura/deimos27
i have weak scumread on ircher but i thought deimos had a valid point and i could see this just being his town game.

I mean u got any specific person u want a genuine read? I am pretty sure pooky has been memeing for most of this but im down to be a bit serious with u
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:02 pm

ohh i do townread jjh too.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

I don't remember making an argument for town!Ircher. I moved off him because I sr Gamma's sr of him.
It's not impossible that's a bus ofc but if it can just as well be explained as SvT I prefer Gamma.
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:08 pm

Ohh i think someone else said it. Now i have to go back and reread
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 775, Good Luck Buddy wrote:
In post 774, Taly wrote:Really though, I want to be sure your reads are true and not a meme. Are they?
i have weak scumread on ircher but i thought deimos had a valid point and i could see this just being his town game.

I mean u got any specific person u want a genuine read? I am pretty sure pooky has been memeing for most of this but im down to be a bit serious with u
I townread
Deimos/Ydrasse/Titus/CheekyWings/Toog/Loftwing/Koba
all at varying degrees that I won't illuminate right now.

Gamma/Sakura
are in limbo as I suspect or am currently reconsidering.
You/Datisi/Ircher
border this list.

Want more time to look at
jjh

I don't have the energy or time to articulate my suspicions nor think that is the best use of my time right now.

I think some players think I'm off in lala land and it makes it much more difficult for me to think they take me in good faith. It mirrors how scum tends to treat reads that I'm correct with.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:10 pm

anyways my thought of him not being scum was him doing this exact same thing where he posts this really early random feeling weak list of reads and he was town doing it. He also got scumread to death for it. I don't think this makes ircher = town; but it does mean my initial weak scumread mean absolutely nothin right now
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 757, Good Luck Buddy wrote:im gonna establish an alliance of nations.
The fire nation shall lead u, because honestly when has the fire nation ever been evil.

Deimos27 representing the water nation
Sakura Hana representing the air nation

will u join this collaboration
Get it right, it’s water tribe, earth kingdom, and air nomads KEKW
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 779, Taly wrote:
In post 775, Good Luck Buddy wrote:

I townread
Deimos/Ydrasse/Titus/CheekyWings/Toog/Loftwing/Koba
all at varying degrees that I won't illuminate right now.

Gamma/Sakura
are in limbo as I suspect or am currently reconsidering.
You/Datisi/Ircher
border this list.

Want more time to look at
jjh

I don't have the energy or time to articulate my suspicions nor think that is the best use of my time right now.

I think some players think I'm off in lala land and it makes it much more difficult for me to think they take me in good faith. It mirrors how scum tends to treat reads that I'm correct with.
We’re totally mindmelding on trs.
Succulent hydra of CheekyTeeky and Nancy Drew 39
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 780, Good Luck Buddy wrote:anyways my thought of him not being scum was him doing this exact same thing where he posts this really early random feeling weak list of reads and he was town doing it. He also got scumread to death for it. I don't think this makes ircher = town; but it does mean my initial weak scumread mean absolutely nothin right now
He was weird in Yin and Yang and he’s also weird here, so maybe?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 769, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 756, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 736, Toogeloo wrote:Fire, do Jesters win if they are day vig'd on Day 1?
Was this an attempt at a reaction test or what
Hmmm . . . that’s very interesting. I could definitely see that as a possibility. RC gives some crazy-ass roles in his uPicks. He had Vecna post-restricted to only talk about toilet paper until the day he got IC’d.
That cornholio thing is still a cherished memory
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:13 pm

In post 781, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 757, Good Luck Buddy wrote:im gonna establish an alliance of nations.
The fire nation shall lead u, because honestly when has the fire nation ever been evil.

Deimos27 representing the water nation
Sakura Hana representing the air nation

will u join this collaboration
Get it right, it’s water tribe, earth kingdom, and air nomads KEKW
proper legal nomenclature refers to existing countries as 'nations'. I don't expect u to understand the rules of my international law though.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 777, Deimos27 wrote:I don't remember making an argument for town!Ircher. I moved off him because I sr Gamma's sr of him.
It's not impossible that's a bus ofc but if it can just as well be explained as SvT I prefer Gamma.
This stance is dodgy af

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 629, Taly wrote:*cries from getting ass beat by Gamma again

Gamma: 2
Taly: 0

But wait, explain your hypothetical town and scum motive for such a post?
Why does this read like theater?
In post 630, Cheeky Wings wrote:You’re not going to miselim me, so stop trying. I have gotten miselimed less than a handful of times and that includes, hydra’s, slots I’ve repped out of and a newbie game where I was the game losing miselim. In not a single one of those games was I as obvtown as I am here. So in a world where you’re town, feel free to keep embarrassing yourself but I’m won’t continue to engage you because you’re clearly making 0 effort to parse me.

My vote stays.
:lol:
In post 633, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ircher I haven’t been a fan of but tbh I think in the past I’ve wrongly SR him a few times? He also seems to be deliberately scumming it up a bit, which bothers me because I’d say he’s normally kinda straight laced. So he’s like a weak SR rn
If by "scumming it up", you mean I'm not taking this game very seriously... Well that's true. I am here for the experience, nothing more nothing less.
In post 664, Titus wrote:
In post 658, DkKoba wrote:oh to answer the encryptor question its not global its just my PT - which may be a neighborhood, masonry, or neighborizerhood.

i am not claiming wish at this time.
I'm in a PT with daychat and no one claims encryptor.

So either

1) You're mistaken
2) You're lying
3) Someone in my PT is lying
4) There exists a global encryptor.
Did you specifically ask them all if they were encryptors? Or did you just make the assumption based on them not saying otherwise?
In post 679, jjh927 wrote:The funniest thing though is that actually I was just lazily voting the name that was third on the Ircher wagon because I didn't think any sane townie would follow Gamma's vote there, and hadn't actually clocked that Nancy was in that slot when I was voting. I mainly decided to stick with it because of the overreaction

We were 20 pages in- I'm not gonna have a super duper 100% guaranteed or-your-money-back level scumread on anyone, and Nancy treating it like one is exactly the sort of paranoia I saw in animals upick 2
Huh? Can you elaborate on what you mean here? Why didn't you think a sane townie would follow Gamma's vote?
In post 702, Sakura Hana wrote:Like for as excited as she feels to be playing for whatever reasons she says, she doesnt seem to be... doing much?
Ah, this is a good observation. Although, doesn't Ydrasse tend to dominate as scum? It seems to me she would have more of a presence rn if she was scum so she could cruise to endgame off early town reads.
In post 705, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 54, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 51, Good Luck Buddy wrote:
In post 46, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 45, Good Luck Buddy wrote:
In post 43, Ydrasse wrote:im in charge round these parts
DOUBT
im going to be glowing with townie energy by the end of the day mark my fucking words
you didn't even say "i town" how can i trust you?
I AM GOING TO BE SO TOWNIE THIS GAME I WON'T EVEN NEED THEM.
Doesn't she make posts like that in every game she is excited about?
(Also, sorry for quote pyramid. I am too lazy to edit the excess out here.)
In post 746, Deimos27 wrote:I don't really see why sakura is towny tbh
I quite like Taly though, on pure gut/tonality
Taly is definitely a wait and see slot. He is very good at having an appeasing and appealing tone.

Also UNVOTE: Gamma. His recent posts have been an improvement.
Links: User Page | Player Ratings | GTKAS | Test
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 787, Ircher wrote:Taly is definitely a wait and see slot. He is very good at having an appeasing and appealing tone.
For all the good it does me... :roll:
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

Spoiler:
In post 787, Ircher wrote:

In post 630, Cheeky Wings wrote:You’re not going to miselim me, so stop trying. I have gotten miselimed less than a handful of times and that includes, hydra’s, slots I’ve repped out of and a newbie game where I was the game losing miselim. In not a single one of those games was I as obvtown as I am here. So in a world where you’re town, feel free to keep embarrassing yourself but I’m won’t continue to engage you because you’re clearly making 0 effort to parse me.

My vote stays.
:lol:
In post 633, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ircher I haven’t been a fan of but tbh I think in the past I’ve wrongly SR him a few times? He also seems to be deliberately scumming it up a bit, which bothers me because I’d say he’s normally kinda straight laced. So he’s like a weak SR rn
If by "scumming it up", you mean I'm not taking this game very seriously... Well that's true. I am here for the experience, nothing more nothing less.
In post 664, Titus wrote:
In post 658, DkKoba wrote:oh to answer the encryptor question its not global its just my PT - which may be a neighborhood, masonry, or neighborizerhood.

i am not claiming wish at this time.
I'm in a PT with daychat and no one claims encryptor.

So either

1) You're mistaken
2) You're lying
3) Someone in my PT is lying
4) There exists a global encryptor.
Did you specifically ask them all if they were encryptors? Or did you just make the assumption based on them not saying otherwise?
In post 679, jjh927 wrote:The funniest thing though is that actually I was just lazily voting the name that was third on the Ircher wagon because I didn't think any sane townie would follow Gamma's vote there, and hadn't actually clocked that Nancy was in that slot when I was voting. I mainly decided to stick with it because of the overreaction

We were 20 pages in- I'm not gonna have a super duper 100% guaranteed or-your-money-back level scumread on anyone, and Nancy treating it like one is exactly the sort of paranoia I saw in animals upick 2
Huh? Can you elaborate on what you mean here? Why didn't you think a sane townie would follow Gamma's vote?
In post 702, Sakura Hana wrote:Like for as excited as she feels to be playing for whatever reasons she says, she doesnt seem to be... doing much?
Ah, this is a good observation. Although, doesn't Ydrasse tend to dominate as scum? It seems to me she would have more of a presence rn if she was scum so she could cruise to endgame off early town reads.
In post 705, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 54, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 51, Good Luck Buddy wrote:
In post 46, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 45, Good Luck Buddy wrote:
In post 43, Ydrasse wrote:im in charge round these parts
DOUBT
im going to be glowing with townie energy by the end of the day mark my fucking words
you didn't even say "i town" how can i trust you?
I AM GOING TO BE SO TOWNIE THIS GAME I WON'T EVEN NEED THEM.
Doesn't she make posts like that in every game she is excited about?
(Also, sorry for quote pyramid. I am too lazy to edit the excess out here.)
In post 746, Deimos27 wrote:I don't really see why sakura is towny tbh
I quite like Taly though, on pure gut/tonality
Taly is definitely a wait and see slot. He is very good at having an appeasing and appealing tone.

Also UNVOTE: Gamma. His recent posts have been an improvement.

If Taly is scum here, I’d be heartbroken because I want to believe he can actually read me correctly as town. Don’t take that away from me. :cry:
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 666, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 524, Cheeky Wings wrote:VOTE: jjh

He has never incorrectly read me ever.
This is also probably town!Nancy, iirc she spent a lot of time trying to argue back jjh’s read in townstumps meanwhile here she immediately leaps to thinking he’s sus, which iirc she didn’t do there. So that conveys that she knows jjh is either scum or blowing his 100% read rate
Gamma, jjh is scum. Look at his play in that game compared to here.
~C
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 784, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 769, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 756, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 736, Toogeloo wrote:Fire, do Jesters win if they are day vig'd on Day 1?
Was this an attempt at a reaction test or what
Hmmm . . . that’s very interesting. I could definitely see that as a possibility. RC gives some crazy-ass roles in his uPicks. He had Vecna post-restricted to only talk about toilet paper until the day he got IC’d.
That cornholio thing is still a cherished memory
Given that it reads clearly in the rules that there are no jesters I was wondering if Toog was going for some bizarre reaction test where either how well pookybringer read the rules is supposed to be a tell or the extent to which they appear threatened by the possibility of being read as jester and thereby dayvigged is a tell
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 790, Cheeky Wings wrote:

This is also probably town!Nancy, iirc she spent a lot of time trying to argue back jjh’s read in townstumps meanwhile here she immediately leaps to thinking he’s sus, which iirc she didn’t do there. So that conveys that she knows jjh is either scum or blowing his 100% read rate
~C
This reminds me a lot of his play in Happy Face where all of his reads were also superficial.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 787, Ircher wrote:If by "scumming it up", you mean I'm not taking this game very seriously... Well that's true. I am here for the experience, nothing more nothing less.
Yeah that would explain what I’m seeing a bit

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 787, Ircher wrote:

Because it is. Can't I have a little fun while I inquiry?
CheekyWings wrote:If Taly my is scum here, I’d be heartbroken because I want to believe he can actually read me correctly as town. Don’t take that away from me. :cry:
This feels both like a discredit of my skill and a doubtcast of my alignment. :/
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 712, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 710, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 707, jjh927 wrote:I mean, going forward I'll be more interested in your interactions with people other than me that also aren't based on those people voting you, because we aren't gonna get any more useful content between us. I am parking my vote for now because I don't think I'm gonna do any more aggressive placing and you're my best lead currently. I recall that your slot has put out some reads but I don't recall how much of that was cheeky and also haven't seen you hydra with cheeky so I don't know how your dynamic might be affected
If you’re actually town here - doubt - never ever claim you have a clue how to read me in any game ever.
If they've been that consistently successful in the past why should one outlier (this game) be such a big deal for their overall ability to read you?

Aren't you exaggerating
a lot
by saying they can no longer claim to have even a clue
This could be a buddy post.
~C
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 787, Ircher wrote:Taly is definitely a wait and see slot. He is very good at having an appeasing and appealing tone.
D'you reckon Taly's claim is > rand to come from town?
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:25 pm

I think Taly could be scum.
But I have no justification to support this theory so i am just throwing stuff in the fire to see what happens.
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 792, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 790, Cheeky Wings wrote:

~C
This reminds me a lot of his play in Happy Face where all of his reads were also superficial.
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... B%5D=29782
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Ircher »

How does that read as a buddy post? It's a valid argument.
Links: User Page | Player Ratings | GTKAS | Test
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."