Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 794, Taly wrote:
In post 763, eyestott wrote:UNVOTE:

I need a reset.
I'm starting my reads from scratch again.
@
everyone
: Let's say that you lose all your memories of what has thus far transpired in this game and all your reads. However, you get to keep one of your reads that you currently have (be it a town read or a scum read), and the reasoning behind it.
Which one would you choose to keep your memory of?
Aloratom
-town, that's the read that helps me keep a grasp on the game at hand.

In a gamestate where 3 confident wagons crumbled for 0 reason,
Alo
asserting his push on
Paragon
and sticking by to what wagons he finds as town is +++ against lack of cohesion and promotes town direction. It doesn't align with a scum-motivated narrative or agenda.
I don’t really like this reasoning.

1) it’s early D1. Wagons rapidly increasing and decreasing is normal.

2) scum know everyone’s alignment, Town don’t. Scum have reason to sit on reads moreso than Town, especially in the feeling out period of the game.

3) you’re ignoring the context that Tom clearly isn’t into the game, and clearly lacks a solid basis for his reads.

4) I disagree that Tom’s play this game promotes Town direction and doesn’t potentially align with a scum agenda.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 873, Ame wrote:btw pops the reason why I'm fairly certain in my scum read is because every line in this is scum indicative.
In post 159, popsofctown wrote:Ame!

(1) I'm not digging into this game super easily so far.

Wiisp is becoming a townread, because of the reverse survivalism inherent in aggravating Robbnva without actually getting votes onto him (man part of me wants to abbreviate "Robbnva" but I have played with Rob14 before and that makes it feel kinda wrong?)

(2) I sympathize with Taly scumreading my slot, he wasn't explicit about it but I sense he's fairly allocating a Burden of good player on people, likewise giving Y'shtola a pass. Y'shtola seems to play kind of scummy as town, to me, I was in the mason game, although in that game being a mason is actually surprisingly similar to being scum so I'm not sure how much that counts for. I hope she plays later.

(3) How nasty are nomnomnom's deadline? I'm not actually minding the slow pace in terms of fun factor, but if AI needs to be to be forced out then yada yada
(1) scum pops not knowing how to get into the game ~
(2) scum aware that they aren't playing up to their town play
(3) forced content -- this is the biggest tell I think. It's reminiscent of your forced content here.

Interesting. I found this quote while liking over that game.
popsofctown wrote:I kinda buy that the condescending mechanics posts would come from both flavors of Pine but your point about it being implausible that he's solved the game so quickly is persuasive.

Particularly scumreading me on so few posts wtf.
Deja vu:
In post 854, popsofctown wrote:Regardless of what it is I'm supposed to figure out I think you should be able to recognize at least some of the things (deliberately?) making your play inscrutable like announcing a greater than 100% confidence read on my slot early day 1.

I hate both the idea RC would design a 2 scum 12p and the idea that you assemble entire potential scumteams when doing your first lynch so I guess they cancel out
I don't understand the relationship between those two quoted posts.
Going in reverse order:
Whether or not I sympathize with getting scumread as scum is pretty WIFOMY; I reckon I probably emulate my normal %age, maybe err on the side of sympathizing less because people often go and make post 873, and maybe in games that are a lost cause I do it more often if I'm tired and I want to throw.
Whether or not I sympathize with getting scumread as town is based on whether I am able to build an understanding of how the player came to that conclusion. Is there a reason you think as town I wouldn't be able to build that understanding this game? I'm only hearing why I would do that as scum, not why I wouldn't do it as town.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:18 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 809, Ame wrote:
In post 649, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 188, popsofctown wrote:Burden of good player was a vague reference, of like, holding people to different standards for how much pro-town content they should produce. I think if I posted my iso with a different username with a February 2020 cakeday I wouldn't be wagoned. But maybe I would, I don't know.
This feels more like scum frustration than Town frustration.
This was this the extent of your ISO? Also could you expand on your read of Math?
No it wasn’t, it was all I felt like commenting on at that time. I hadn’t liked any of Pops’ Iso up until that point, but not much else stuck out.

I’m still in the process of sorting Math. Rob’s posts were a bit meh and I haven’t liked much about Math’s posts up until now, but I have to look again.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 819, Aloratom wrote:
In post 776, Luca Blight wrote:@
Tom:
I can understand your PoV a bit better now. Ngl, I was impressed by your play in that other game and have been disappointed by what I’ve seen from you so far. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt for now that you’re still working your way into the game.

UNVOTE:

I don’t think Paragon is a good lynch for today, so maybe you can try and work with me on someone else? How are you feeling about the Rob/Math slot?
I don't think anything that Robb did was particularly AI. He moved his vote a few places, settling on Pops. Ame's not wrong when she says that once Robb gets locked, he'll death tunnel. He'll even admit that. I have a feeling he was headed in that direction, and I give him credit for dropping the game when he did.

Anyway, NDMath's entry post was somewhat odd in the sense that it looks like he put work into it, but it could have been written better and more thought could have been gone into it. Not giving links to posts makes it difficult to follow trains of thought. He didn't understand my push on Paragon obviously; I'm not sure what he means by me being scared of mechanics. He gives several other surface reads with no basis, and then gives a couple of possible scum trios: paragon/pops/? or fuzzy/rabid/?, but no reasoning behind them.

NDMath was taken in by the Paragon's Conspire con in , so I can understand some overall confusion there. And he makes a big push on Paragon in that I'm not sure I completely get.

Perhaps the most striking thing I see is in NDMath's entry post he was Town reading Paragon, and then in he voted Paragon with no explanation other than "Gonna put my vote on paragon for now since I'm uncomfortable putting pops at L-1 at this moment." Those posts are timestamped about 10 hours apart. That's seems odd.

I guess I can see a scum lean here, but I don't know that I'm ready to lynch the slot for being scummy yet. Actually, I'm a bit surprised you want to go after NDMath after your bit about it being easy for scum to get away with tunneling in this situation after their replacing out.

Do you want to lynch this slot because you find it scummy or for analysis?

I already said earlier in reply to Pops that I don’t necessarily think is Rob is Town for the replace-out - he didn’t appear particularly angry and there is no given reason as to why he actually replaced out. Rabid on the other hand was clearly exasperated and at the end of his tether. I didn’t get the same impression from Rob.

I don’t necessarily want to lynch Math today, I’m just narrowing my pool which still includes Math, who is relatively unsorted fmpov.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:44 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I’d still like an answer to this:
In post 859, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 855, Ame wrote:My play is so drastically different from my scum game, I think you would pick up on it.

2 scum really changes things.

Pops/Para : Luca/Para : Luca/Taly

One of these is the scum team.
So you think me and Para are a likely team, when Rabid ragequit following Paragon’s post-restriction claim?

Seriously?
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by Ame »

Yes.

I think you/taly is more likely though.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I think Ame is Town, although I disagree with most of her views.

I’m coming round to the idea of Tom as Town; I liked his response to pressure and his take on Math.

I think Pops is scum. I will go into more detail soon.

VOTE: Pops
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 880, Ame wrote:Yes.

I think you/taly is more likely though.
What is me/Taly based on?

I honestly don’t see how you consider me/Paragon when rabid ragequit based on Paragon’s fakeclaim? Explain it to me?
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by Ame »

I just don't find the replace out meaningful. I've seen scum replace out simply because they don't like being scum and needed an excuse to do so.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

So you think the anger was faked despite the replace-out?

Look at the context. Rabid was clearly ready to death-tunnel Paragon. He didn’t immediately replace out, but only did so after both Pops and Stott claimed post restrictions. This is consistent with the idea that he was genuinely getting fed up of childish behavior, while your idea that he was scum looking for any excuse to replace out is completely unfounded.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by Ame »

You/Taly is that I've been finding you two suspicious independently of each other, but your interactions don't bode well either. Particularly there was this post where Taly was like "Yo Luca something something" and it reminded me of his interaction when I was his partner in a previous game.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:04 pm

Post by Ame »

It's not unfounded because I've seen it before? His replace out is NAI leaning town. It just doesn't have as much weight as your trying to give it.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:04 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I think you’ll always find me suspicious unless I become confirmed as Town.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 886, Ame wrote:It's not unfounded because I've seen it before? His replace out is NAI leaning town. It just doesn't have as much weight as your trying to give it.
You haven’t seen it before, it’s a unique situation.

Unless you can show me a very similar replace out that turned out to be S/S?
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by Ame »

Lol yea I usually come around though [:

Pedit I don't know why you're getting so caught up in this. You're not going to convince me that its alignment indicative. I'd rather read you for your play.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I can take you not Town reading me based on it, but suggesting me and Paragon are partners after their earlier interactions and Rabid’s subsequent ragequit? It’s ludicrous.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Ame »

I don't think so, but I'll think about it some more.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 696, Paragon wrote:I would like popsofctown to be town for once, so I have decided that she is infact town. I would like her to know that I am
not
a framer.

Y'shtola Rhul, who is this sin-bringer you speak of that has entered our ranks? Is it popsofctown or someone else?

A Sign of a Red Colour, sporting the word "Stop"
Sin Eaters are the embodiment of the primordial light that threatens our world. I've lost the scent of that which I believe is our likeliest chance of hitting one such creature, but rest assured I will do my utmost to resume the chase by finding another.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:29 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 732, Taly wrote:geee, im definitely caught scum now, how the fuck will i ever recover after

hopes and dreams of ever reaching that don clerone scummy have been dashed, time to go back to the newbie queue and self-vote every game to repent my transgressions
Taly, how often do you get angry as a Warrior of Light and as a Sin Eater?
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:38 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

There's impressively little else I wish to comment on.

I will consolidate my thoughts and decide on a course of action anon.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

VOTE: Taco

Speak your piece, silent one.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:28 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 855, Ame wrote:My play is so drastically different from my scum game, I think you would pick up on it.

You had me as confident town a little before, and you now have me in 2 of the 3 possibly scumteams? I've never seen you do preflip solving to this extent, Ame. You've struck me as "go for the scummiest player" in previous games.
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:37 am

Post by Taly »

In post 831, Ame wrote:Luca has a strong town tone, but it's pinging me that he's pushed 4 town slots now.
Who are these town slots,
Ame
?

Also, why is 2-3 scum a discussion at all right now? There's virtually no basis to this idea except for arising multiple preflip associatives.
Luca Blight wrote:
In post 794, Taly wrote:
In post 763, eyestott wrote:UNVOTE:

I need a reset.
I'm starting my reads from scratch again.
@
everyone
: Let's say that you lose all your memories of what has thus far transpired in this game and all your reads. However, you get to keep one of your reads that you currently have (be it a town read or a scum read), and the reasoning behind it.
Which one would you choose to keep your memory of?
Aloratom
-town, that's the read that helps me keep a grasp on the game at hand.

In a gamestate where 3 confident wagons crumbled for 0 reason,
Alo
asserting his push on
Paragon
and sticking by to what wagons he finds as town is +++ against lack of cohesion and promotes town direction. It doesn't align with a scum-motivated narrative or agenda.
I don’t really like this reasoning.

1) it’s early D1. Wagons rapidly increasing and decreasing is normal.

2) scum know everyone’s alignment, Town don’t. Scum have reason to sit on reads moreso than Town, especially in the feeling out period of the game.

3) you’re ignoring the context that Tom clearly isn’t into the game, and clearly lacks a solid basis for his reads.

4) I disagree that Tom’s play this game promotes Town direction and doesn’t potentially align with a scum agenda.
1)
Prior to your replace-in I pushed for a lynchpool, but people hopped off of it without saying much beyond
"I want to reevaluate"
, but I haven't found a reason to reevaluate everything in full yet.

2)
True. Not denying that. Am I doing it to a degree? Probably. Usually, my vote would've touched 4 or 5 different places by now but I'm lacking the energy for it, among much dumber reasons.
(Luca/Ame/Paragon/NDMath)

3)
You're ignoring the context that I'm losing touch with the game, too. What is
"lacking"
when he reasons for his reads?

4)
And what's
Alo's
agenda? If you're going to challenge my stance then at least back it with a reason.
Ame wrote:You/Taly is that I've been finding you two suspicious independently of each other, but your interactions don't bode well either. Particularly there was this post where Taly was like "Yo Luca something something" and it reminded me of his interaction when I was his partner in a previous game.
Yeah, I was actually trying to get
Luca's
attention the morning after he spent over a page rationalizing how he's town because of his replace-out... turns out he didn't want to communicate until he found something he disagreed with.

Oh well. We gotta work on our cohesion here, guys.
Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 732, Taly wrote:geee, im definitely caught scum now, how the fuck will i ever recover after

hopes and dreams of ever reaching that don clerone scummy have been dashed, time to go back to the newbie queue and self-vote every game to repent my transgressions
Taly, how often do you get angry as a Warrior of Light and as a Sin Eater?
I used to get very indignant and angry, and I'd span 1v1s for entire dayphases as town.

I don't have enough care or mental energy as I've gotten older, plus, my natural playstyle is always intended for push players spew so I can solve them better the longer I survive with them.
Angry-Taly
burns out, and while he has caught scum a lot acting on his indignation,
Angry-Taly
has divided towns.

This is
Apathy-Taly
. Doing whatever I can to not infect others with my apathy. Mass sarcasm intended. It's meant to tonally give rise out of players but I'm just not losing my shit over it.

But tbh, I'm rekindling some energy back? I know I'd rekindle more if I saw a flip to work off of, but
*shrugs*
I don't encourage people to condone my behavior by keeping me alive, but I also don't feel compelled by most people's reads at the moment, so I'd rather not become
Waffle-Taly
who goes to lylo and town loses.
Paragon wrote:

You had me as confident town a little before, and you now have me in 2 of the 3 possibly scumteams? I've never seen you do preflip solving to this extent, Ame. You've struck me as "go for the scummiest player" in previous games.
You know, I actually like this post of
Paragon

If this is based off meta, what do you have of it from
Ame
?

And I oop-

A bit of inspiration returns.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:40 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 828, NDMath wrote:I'm not scumreading you by what scum you likely does. It's about what town you would never do. As town if you notice your causing confusion surely you react better. Both alignments care about not receiving negative attention, so I don't see the validity of that point.
The town bloc thing was definitely a joke.
1) I disagree, scum are more survivalistic by nature and are more likely to be more cautious with what they post. And I'm afraid you're wrong; I was actually finding the confusion very funny. I know this was at the expense of others, so I realise now that it was immature of me.

2) Was it? I don't think it was. At least, I didn't interpret it as one.

pedit: Damn, this is like the 4th time this game I've been pedited by one of Taly's walls. It's terrifying.
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:43 am

Post by Taly »

In post 898, Paragon wrote:pedit: Damn, this is like the 4th time this game I've been pedited by one of Taly's walls. It's terrifying.
With the mentality that I'm your scumread too! Fuck
Paragon
, you're a trooper.

Hey
NDMath
, what's so agreeable with my content you don't want to voice it or discuss it further?

Also
Y'shtola
, can you give me a piece of your playstyle? I know you're forming it if you're truthful on your experience but I want to hear your take.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage