Application of WOTC

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Forum rules
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #49 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 34, zMuffinMan wrote:the reasoning behind not making it public is something like "it creates more drama" but then you get threads like this where people who have been WOTCd or are close to someone who has been WOTCd whine about how bad a system it is
WOTC used to be done quietly and I imagine it still happens that way most of the time. People don't like to cause conflict and a private way of saying they're not comfortable with a person in the game makes it more likely people speak up instead of being quiet for the sake of 'not causing drama'. To me it's like imagining if our report system let people see who reported them.

There isn't a point of having it be public for the sake of letting the accused state their case or whatever. If [insert mod threshhold] people say they don't want to play with someone there isn't anything left to say.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 51, Frozen Angel wrote: once I saw mod asking players if they have issues with X express them privately (after first request). without informing even who was the ones requesting that the person got wotced. We wondered for weeks who were the three people wotcing in that friendly playerlist and we didn't figure it out.

It happens in vacuum sometimes and its just awful. some players just confirm they have problems with X and people like X to help the first WOTC'er out.

@shadoweh ,can you please show me a case when it happened completely privately without the players being informed that some are wotcing? I'm curios to see one example for that. That seems more fair cause it happens only in very rare circumstances.
How would I show you an example of someone who was wotc'd privately? :P
This is #memory anyways but I believe it happened to Uberninja at some point. The entire point is that people didn't make a public fuss of it.

And again, there is no reason to be entitled to know who raised an issue with another player. There is no trial, this isn't a court of law, mods get to handle games effectively how they want to.
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:37 am

Post by Shadoweh »

I mean, some people just came here to play a game, man and aren't even going to see drama in Discussion threads.