Micc's Great(est) Idea Card List

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Forum rules
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: She

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Isis »

Yay! Aliens!

Would you consider using "Solarbeam speed" cult recruiting, the way NK15 did in a closed? The cult had to target a player, and target a player again to recruit, but I suppose you could reframe that other ways like defining it as an even night factional ability. It puts it on par with the "Strength" of a factional nightkill, kind of.

Lots of people believe you can balance a full cult recruit and yes you can but with the inherent collision fiesta of Grand Idea maybe half recruit a better suited dice to put in the bag. On the other hand maybe it's too antithetical to Grand Idea's ambition for the brokenness to do an inch less than the standard, powerful cult recruit (I'd find CultD3's cultsize cap even more antithetical though, there's no possibility of several doc protects and successful recruit leading a to a huge sized cult faction winning.)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"