gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by gardenia »

Come on guys, let's get along : ( VOTE: No Lynch since we don't know anything yet.
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by gardenia »

In post 171, teacher wrote:1. No lynching does not "add a target for scum." Whether or not we lynch today, we must catch a scum by D3. All no-lynching does is turn worst-case D3 lylo (3-2) into mylo (4-2). This actually lowers the odds of successfully lynching scum on a day where scum must be lynched or town loses (hence lylo - lynch or lose/mylo - mislynch and lose)

2. In order to catch a scum by D3, we need all the information we can get. Mislynches provide info. Who is pushing it, who gets onto it at a key time for weak reasons, who avoided the wagon like the plague. Scum is most regularly 1-on, 1-off town wagons. If they are both together, they are both on far more often than both off. Its information like this/vcas that is imperative.

3. There is minimal risk of hitting PRs (and doing so can be good). Wagons must build to L-1, then to intent (absent deadline pressure). At intent, the PR can claim. If they are the real PR, then they dont get lynched, we have chained the NK in a way scum might not have wanted and PRs might protect, and we can do the same VCA but now without even the cost of a town.

4. Literal no downside. Sure, towny could die. But see 1, it doesnt change day structure/number of targets for scum at all.
I'm still getting used to the abbreviations, but this is really interesting; I'll definitely keep it in mind! In that case though, am I allowed to change my vote? Who are we supposed to pick?
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by gardenia »

@Saladman; thank you, very helpful! And @fish; unsure if trolling or confession? :/

Anyways, I'll probably hold off on voting for now - not that it matters since it won't change anything. Also I can't come up with a witty reason to vote anyone...
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:45 pm

Post by gardenia »

@fish; fine, if you're insisting I vote...then I VOTE: Formerfish :P

@Saladman; I've played mafia once or twice irl, but this is my first time playing online. Honestly, I thought this was a fun casual game but it seems pretty complicated here haha.
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:47 am

Post by gardenia »

Sorry guys, was sleeping/studying. But I'm here now.

I did a quick skim of 1959 and Chib and Teacher are crafty for sure, except idk what that says for this game. If anything, I don't think they're likely to be mafia again, probability wise. Time will tell.

Anyway, I'll answer the questions!
In post 49, Chibiie wrote:1) What is your experience with Mafia specifically? But long-play forum Mafia?
2) Do you prefer being a Townie or a scum? Elaborate your answer;
3) Are you organized in your head, but complete mess physically? Are you the other way around?
4) What type of food do you enjoy and why?
5) Time-zones. When are you the most active here?
1) Answered!
2) Townie, definitely. Maybe it's childish, but I don't like being "the bad guy."
3) Like Uncrowned, I'm somewhere in the middle. I do try my best though.
4) Eat all the food.
5) I live in NZ so I'm GMT+13. Right now I'm finishing up my exams so I'm active whenever I'm free/taking a break.
In post 57, Formerfish wrote:You and your friends are starting a 4 piece garage band, singer, guitar, bass and drums. Which do you take up and why?

2. Do you play poker? Describe your playstyle if you do, if you dont why not?

3. What is your strategy in Monopoly, and what piece do you choose?

4. What was your favorite game to play outside as a kid?
1) Singer, cause it's coolest.
2) Never played. I honestly don't know anyone who plays poker.
3) Haven't played monopoly in ages so can't remember. I always choose the dog though.
4) Capture the flag. so. fun.
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by gardenia »

Hey Marionette! Interesting answers, I'm sure we'll get along just fine :)

@salad; cap'n crunch is now my favourite cereal. I loved that, that was hilarious.

@teacher; hate talking back to a teacher but what I meant was the probability is 0.25*0.25, since that game was really recent. Of course, I agree it doesn't prove anything.

@fish; I'm just kinda curious what you and teacher's history is?
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by gardenia »

In post 110, teacher wrote:
In post 108, gardenia wrote:@teacher; hate talking back to a teacher but what I meant was the probability is 0.25*0.25, since that game was really recent. Of course, I agree it doesn't prove anything
I get what you’re saying, plus I’m only a history teacher, but I disagree a bit. I think the issue is that the events are consecutive not concurrent. Like, the odds of flipping heads twice in a row is 25% (.5*.5) but AFTER one heads it remains the same as any other toss - .5. Here, the one roll already happened and so is not relevant to this one. (Sorry, am a bit of a math nerd as you can tell from how I approach poker, so figured it was worth chatting).
Ok, you got me. Do I get points for trying though? :(
In post 112, teacher wrote:?i guess that makes me bottom?
:O
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:38 am

Post by gardenia »

Just caught up and this is depressing. How did we go from teacher being a bottom to this? Please try and play everyone or else it's fun for none of us :(

Anyway, list coming soon; just gotta get some thoughts together.
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:31 am

Post by gardenia »

In that case, I guess there's no need for me to make a list anymore? VOTE: Uncrowned

I will say though I'm scumleaning gyro/fish/mario. Out of the 3, I'd even say it's possible 2 of them are scum. Voting teacher like that makes zero sense whatsoever. Could it be you guys are making a wagon and just hoping we'll jump on it? -.-
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by gardenia »

Sorry, yeah I know; I think I just phrased that weirdly. All I wanted to say was the teacher wagon is really weird.

@trio I just mentioned; do you have anything to say to that then? Gyro, I know you saw it since you just replied after me. Please respond :(
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:00 pm

Post by gardenia »

I...don't really know what to say... :/
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by gardenia »

Uh, this might not be the place to say it but is it possible to close this game maybe? The air here is just really stale...
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:50 am

Post by gardenia »

Hey guys, sorry for being away - that earlier thing really killed my mood/motivation for the game :/ I'm gonna try and get back into it though since it looks like things are picking up.

Here's my reads!
townlean
- datisi (Saladman27); salad was lower for me, but your reads/comments boosted you higher! I get good vibes off of you and feel like you're genuinely trying to help out.
- teacher; has asked a lot of questions and done a lot to progress the game. I'm not sure about him but a townlean for now.
- Uncrowned; was eh before but I liked your recent posts!

null/??? people
- bugspray (Chibiie); Chibiie posted a lot I think, but looking back on it, not a lot of it was game related. As for bugspray, I don't have much to go on but would like to hear more about your me and fish being mafia theory? I don't get what you said in (fingers crossed the link works)
- JacksonVirgo (MedicalCoke); basically got a clean slate since coke posted nothing. Hasn't said that much so far so idk.
- Formerfish; Don't know why he's so high on the recent lists? A wildcard for me.

Scumlean
- Gyro Zeppeli; Ok maybe closer to null based on your recent posts, but I kinda didn't like your "haha don't care"ness when you were asked questions earlier (dodging?)
- Marionette; The teacher vote was weird and we still don't have any explanation :/

I probably missed some things so I'm also gonna look through the thread and see if there's anything else I can reply to!
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:53 am

Post by gardenia »

In post 239, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Gardenia i didn’t see the message you posted after me, there’s no message there???
??? What?
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by gardenia »

In post 263, JacksonVirgo wrote:I haven't been that active, mainly because I had a lot of stuff happening the past day. But here are my current reads. If I missed anyone, they're null.
---- Town ----
Teacher
JV

---- Null ----
Datis
Uncrowned

---- Scum ----
FormerFish
Marionette
Is this in order? Why is teacher higher than you? Why is teacher the only town apart from you? :/
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by gardenia »

In post 279, bugspray wrote:I think it would be more prudent to await a prod and potential replace than to just kill someone for being inactive.
We're not killing, we're pressuring people to come out and talk (correct me if I'm wrong). Imo, it makes sense because no one wants to get lynched. If you're not going to do it, I might soon.
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:20 pm

Post by gardenia »

^ I'm sorry but that rubbed me the wrong way. My vote was a random vote - I don't want to be put into a wagon.

VOTE: Marionette because you're still the person I want to talk to the most.
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by gardenia »

In post 292, Formerfish wrote:
In post 290, gardenia wrote:^ I'm sorry but that rubbed me the wrong way. My vote was a random vote -
I don't want to be put into a wagon.

VOTE: Marionette because you're still the person
I want to talk to the most.
Bolded- why dont you wanna be on a wagon? How are you going to get a read off him without that pressure.

Italics- This is a tactic that new scum often uses because it makes it look like you are being active and are making a pressure push, but you are basically naked voting that slot and saying that you want them to post, which is why you voted them which defeats the purpose of the vote in the first place because now the guy knows why you are voitng him and how to change.

But until then your vote is being used, but in a way that is not likely to do any damage at all.
Bolded - It's not that I don't want to be in a wagon - I don't want to be /put/ into a wagon. Bugspray is basically using my vote to wagon and I just didn't like that.
Italics - Sorry I don't get what you're trying to say. True my vote isn't doing much, but I'm putting it in a place I want it go? I /do/ want to talk to Mario cause she hasn't really been active and especially cause I asked her a question pages ago and she never responded.
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:12 pm

Post by gardenia »

@Datisi; I agree - Mari (or Marion?) is much better since the user's a she. Not sure where Mario started but won't call her that anymore. (Sorry Marionette!)

P.S feelsbad cause my name is so long yet everyone writes it out completely everytime
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:42 am

Post by gardenia »

@Uncrowned; Explanation: But your vote is on Gyro? But seriously, I don't see things like that. For example, if you look at my FF vote, I voted him to try and be funny cause he swung at me like 3 times. For Mari, it was just me saying "hey, will you come back and maybe answer my question?" I don't think it makes sense to analyse my votes without looking at the context behind them.

@Datisi and everyone; gard/garden/whatever abbreviation of my name is fine! Or you can call me...GD ;)
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:43 am

Post by gardenia »

In post 330, Formerfish wrote:
In post 329, teacher wrote:1. ?only if I can call you master?
1. Yes slave.
:OOOOO
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:46 am

Post by gardenia »

In post 345, bugspray wrote:Okay some people who I think are scummy:
Fish because a lot of his posts are useless crap like what his midnight snack is. Also when I consider if I should lynch him I get this different emotional response inside me than considering other people. Idk how to describe it but it's like a "noooo don't" feeling. Just feels like a weird way to stand out I think he may have possibly tried to manipulate us into not wanting him to Lynch him for not logical reasons

Gard feels kinda like a mafia trying to hide behind newbie mask of innocence and isn't posting too often so that nobody can catch her making mistakes.

JV shutting up for this long is probably relaxing and he can take a break room defending himself. The lack of posting now that the heat is off is odd to me.

It's possible a newbie maf could post with partner in the private thread and think oh I'm posting that's good and accidentally neglect posting here which makes me think gard and jv are a bit more sus, although jv certainly does make a high magnitude of weird newb errors if that is the case
This is just my opinion, but so far you've been saying a lot of things but not much has backing/doesn't really make sense. Most of these are based on "feelings"? :/
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:28 am

Post by gardenia »

In post 362, bugspray wrote:
In post 361, gardenia wrote:
In post 345, bugspray wrote:Okay some people who I think are scummy:
Fish because a lot of his posts are useless crap like what his midnight snack is. Also when I consider if I should lynch him I get this different emotional response inside me than considering other people. Idk how to describe it but it's like a "noooo don't" feeling. Just feels like a weird way to stand out I think he may have possibly tried to manipulate us into not wanting him to Lynch him for not logical reasons

Gard feels kinda like a mafia trying to hide behind newbie mask of innocence and isn't posting too often so that nobody can catch her making mistakes.

JV shutting up for this long is probably relaxing and he can take a break room defending himself. The lack of posting now that the heat is off is odd to me.

It's possible a newbie maf could post with partner in the private thread and think oh I'm posting that's good and accidentally neglect posting here which makes me think gard and jv are a bit more sus, although jv certainly does make a high magnitude of weird newb errors if that is the case
This is just my opinion, but so far you've been saying a lot of things but not much has backing/doesn't really make sense. Most of these are based on "feelings"? :/
And you've come along back and just parroted the same concerns that other players had put forward. Now certainly it is a reasonable concern but don't you have anything more to add?
Now we're getting somewhere :P But really, I'm stating what I think + I don't see anyone else mentioning you saying "feelings" a lot. Also, I'm not accusing you/jumping on any wagon. All I'm saying is your accusations are weak.
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by gardenia »

In post 364, bugspray wrote:Yeah my accusations are weak as heck. In the moment I feel it but emotions are fleeting and I can't find the same feeling a lot of the time when looking at is posts
Uhhh...you're really not helping yourself...
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #545 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:29 am

Post by gardenia »

Sorry guys for not posting but I think I'm going to ask for a replacement. I'm just super busy rn and can't keep up regular posting/reading. Thanks all for having me; I've had a super great time while I was here!
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1349 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:32 am

Post by gardenia »

OMGOMG UNCROWNED I'M SOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!! I still haven't caught up on the game but the only thing that matters is YOU WON!!! I'm salty about bugspray though. Should've listened to you and made the teacher kill :(

I'm probably gonna continue my break from Mafia for a bit but I'll come back one day and I hope we can all play together!