LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:41 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

what experience have the rest of you newer players in mafia?

I've played about four games on site, and a couple more offsite.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:27 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:33 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

How would you know that? That's obvious pocketing.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:36 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

I'd almost feel like policy lynching that slot ngl.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:09 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 28, Karnage wrote: under what policy?
Article 678 of the Statute for the Reasonable Prevention of Underage Sorcery, of course!

seriously though I don't think that a certain person, not to be rude, but this is my opinion, is going to be very helpful.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: BBmolla
no sheeping please
baaaaaaaa
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #31 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:15 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

this game better not just be me and karnage posting funny pictures
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #33 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:45 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

People who sheep aren't thinking for themselves. They run the risk of sheeping scum, but apart from that it's encouraging a group-think mentality, which allows scum to hide very effectively since they aren't pushed to show their own opinions to as great an extent.

To be fair to BBmolla I don't really think he's going to be full on sheeping you as that and generally scum aren't going to explicitly say that they're sheeping like that.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #35 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:08 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

To a certain extent the former although not fully; the vote is RVS (notice the irony). I don't scum-read him because of it, because I don't believe he was being serious. I find it very scummy when people appear to be creating content while in fact sheeping someone else; this is because scum will know that that player's reads are utter boll*xs and want to encourage them.

Why are you so eager to
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #36 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:16 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

pedit I got distracted by hamburgers and hit submit without finishing

I like hamburgers

Why are you so eager to cast shade on anti-sheeping? Do you want people sheeping you so you can fulfill your nefarious purposes? :cop:
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #39 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:09 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

I am referring to my own vote.

Just to clarify - BBmolla isn't sheeping yet. I don't count RVS votes. But when / if he or anyone else starts sheeping in general gameplay I think thats definitely something I'll be looking at.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #41 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:15 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

If your reads happen to align with his I'll not think its sheeping so long as I can see why you think that.
There's a fine line between not sheeping and sheeping and it has to do with motivation. And reading that is pretty damn hard but I find some things tend to pop up here and there that can tell the difference.
Remember - I don't know you're town; all I have to go on is what I see on the face of it, I can't see what your motivations are.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #42 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:19 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 29, Karnage wrote:
In post 26, BBmolla wrote:Probably just going to sheep Micc all game

Code: Select all

[vote]BBmolla[/vote]
In post 30, LCpl Jones wrote:

Code: Select all

[v]BBmolla[/v]

no sheeping please
baaaaaaaa

obvious irony not so obvious

also, my apologies for not spoilering the image; I didn't remember I was supposed to do that.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #47 (isolation #13) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:13 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 43, Micc wrote:So what’s the purpose of the vote you made in post 30? You’ve already been in the thread plenty and laid down an RVS vote. What purpose does an additional RVS vote serve? From my point of view the reasons look a lot like you appearing to create content while not actually creating content, which is something you called out as something scum happily achieve by sheeping.
I don't see any reason why you can't have multiple RVS votes. I think you could safely say that I've moved the game out of RVS. What scum motivation do you see in that? Why would I call out a tactic that you claim that I am using myself thus drawing attention to it?

I still feel like you're being pockety karnage :lol:
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #59 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 49, Micc wrote:
In post 44, Karnage wrote:
In post 43, Micc wrote:So what’s the purpose of the vote you made in post 30? You’ve already been in the thread plenty and laid down an RVS vote. What purpose does an additional RVS vote serve? From my point of view the reasons look a lot like you appearing to create content while not actually creating content, which is something you called out as something scum happily achieve by sheeping.
I feel like you're badgering (see what I did there) the LCpl a little bit.

Whats wrong with a second RVS vote? We haven't even had every player post yet I don't think. I made a second RVS vote but for some reason you didn't see the need to comment on it.
Yeah, I've heard that one once or twice.

From a theory standpoint, I see making an RVS vote as unproductive for town. Scum hunting has to begin eventually and a productive member of the town will eagerly make it happen as early as possible. That doesn't really hold true in practice as people love cracking jokes especially with people they are familiar with, but it makes sense from a theory standpoint. I didn't take your post 29 as a RVS vote because you seemed to be trying to actively move the game forward with your other posts, and that's not something I see from LCpl Jones.
In post 18, Micc wrote:
In post 13, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Das pretty gay
Feel free to explain your vote. Karnage did ask about it after all.

I’m going with my theory that you wanted to be unnoticed and unproductive until convinced otherwise.
Couldn't sheeping be seen as wanting "to be unnoticed and unproductive until convinced otherwise"? You seem to hold different players to different standards
Yeah, and I think I acknowledged that. At some point you gotta engage and understand if that's the motivation propelling them to sheep or if they are following in the footsteps of a read they believe in that came from a player they believe is town. The former is bad sheeping the latter is acceptable sheeping. LCpl Jones doesn't seem to have looked into BBmolla's motivation for sheeping which is why I'm questioning him about it.
As I explicitly said I didn't think BBmolla was sheeping at that point and I definitely don't think that you should be believed to be town at this point. I find this very scummy of you.

VOTE: micc
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #60 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:15 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 29, Karnage wrote:
In post 26, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: gyro zepp

Ez game

Probably just going to sheep Micc all game

Spoiler:

Oh, please. In what world is this not a RVS vote and to say that Karnage got the game out of RVS is just plain wrong. Game advancing questions didn't start till your #32.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #61 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:17 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

I phrased that wrongly - "Karnage got the game out of RVS by asking game advancing questions". This I grant you happened but it didn't happen until #34-#40.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #86 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:41 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 82, Billy Pilgrim wrote: @Jones, can you confirm for me who you were talking about in your original comment about policy lynching the slot? And then who your follow up post about a slot not being helpful was?
Both Gypo. I didn't want to be blatantly rude but I don't think he's reading this thread, anyway, so... :?

I'm suffering the effects of caffeine withdrawal right now so I'll be back tomorrow, sorry. I need to sleep.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #99 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:32 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 73, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 59, LCpl Jones wrote:
In post 49, Micc wrote:
I feel like you're badgering (see what I did there) the LCpl a little bit.

Whats wrong with a second RVS vote? We haven't even had every player post yet I don't think. I made a second RVS vote but for some reason you didn't see the need to comment on it.
Yeah, I've heard that one once or twice.

From a theory standpoint, I see making an RVS vote as unproductive for town. Scum hunting has to begin eventually and a productive member of the town will eagerly make it happen as early as possible. That doesn't really hold true in practice as people love cracking jokes especially with people they are familiar with, but it makes sense from a theory standpoint. I didn't take your post 29 as a RVS vote because you seemed to be trying to actively move the game forward with your other posts, and that's not something I see from LCpl Jones.
In post 18, Micc wrote:
In post 13, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Das pretty gay
Feel free to explain your vote. Karnage did ask about it after all.

I’m going with my theory that you wanted to be unnoticed and unproductive until convinced otherwise.
Couldn't sheeping be seen as wanting "to be unnoticed and unproductive until convinced otherwise"? You seem to hold different players to different standards
Yeah, and I think I acknowledged that. At some point you gotta engage and understand if that's the motivation propelling them to sheep or if they are following in the footsteps of a read they believe in that came from a player they believe is town. The former is bad sheeping the latter is acceptable sheeping. LCpl Jones doesn't seem to have looked into BBmolla's motivation for sheeping which is why I'm questioning him about it.
As I explicitly said I didn't think BBmolla was sheeping at that point and I definitely don't think that you should be believed to be town at this point. I find this very scummy of you.

VOTE: micc
Can you explain this? I'm confused by it. The way I understand it is that you dont think BB was sheeping (which to be fair is mostly consistent if not entirely with how you've been talking about this) you dont think that Micc should be townread. I'm unclear on what you think from there makes Micc scummy.
I find it exceedingly scummy that he is trying to posture himself as a town leader that merits being sheeped (which I took from: "they are following in the footsteps of a read they believe in that came from a player they believe is town", given the obvious inference that its acceptable that BBMola sheep him because he is town. At the moment it's all I got and I'm going with it for a vote.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #100 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:42 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

Billy and Arkias I'm fairly confident of being town just at face level their reasoning is clear and makes sense. I think scum is in Micc / BBmolla / other 'quiet' players. I'm mostly confused about Karnage! At one level I like his posts but he's just, I don't know, it doesn't sit right with me and fair to say I don't trust him that he's town.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #109 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:43 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 102, BBmolla wrote:^Can we lynch this please

He clearly doesn't want to play so I'd say let's just help him out
I'd agree with this at day end.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #111 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:49 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 106, bepwei wrote:Also, I’m still getting used to the forum and how to work it. I’m on mobile most of the time and sometimes shit doesn’t post and then comes back. Hence the double post with the exact same info. I’ll try my best to be more productive as I get more comfortable with the website.
good to know :up:
here's a suggestion - if you had to absolutely lynch someone right now, who would it be?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #113 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:52 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 103, BBmolla wrote: this is like the scummiest post in this whole game

I notice you didn't say why.
I'm town, Micc town, Karnage town, Salsae town, Arkias town,

scum is in (Gyro/Bep/Jones/Billy)
That Salsae read is really out there and looks very like someone just pulling reads out of their metaphorical hat. I don't see anything towny there; in fact I don't see very much at all if I'm honest, but that's common to about 1/4 of the villagers to be fair.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #115 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:54 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 108, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
If hes trying to get town leader status I dont think he drives the wagon on me to a green flip. If hes trying to under the radar he doesnt jump out and write the first case on someone.
So I disagree with him here, but I dont see scum motivation for the play.
I may re-assess on a Jones red flip, because then this starts to look like a chainsaw
, but at the moment, I dont think this makes him scummy on his own.
^
[bolded] What I've been getting at for a while. I agree with your first points [underlined], which is why I don't consider him a scum read yet but his interactions with myself are really icky and its something I'll be considering later.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #123 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:26 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 121, bepwei wrote:
In post 109, LCpl Jones wrote:
In post 102, BBmolla wrote:^Can we lynch this please

He clearly doesn't want to play so I'd say let's just help him out
I'd agree with this at day end.
Arguably, this could be considered a sheep. Like it’s a perfect place for you to hide after being a main suspect of the town.

I have reread the whole thread and realized I missed a whole page of posts so go me. I still have pretty weak leads but I generally agree with the fact that things are being overanylized on some people.
Maybe you missed it, but I did first mention it all the way back in #27.
I don't really see the connection between this and being a place to hide. Could you clarify that maybe?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #136 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:42 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

'd say the argument for voting Zrpp today is not to waste a vote later. I don't think anyone wants to vote him over a scum read but even if he's town it will have a positive benefit in a lylo situation as

I very much get the feeling that the scum team is backing off on me.
FOS Billy and FOS Micc.

I'm not quite so happy with my vote on Micc right now.
UNVOTE:

Now there's options.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #137 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:43 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

Just fwiw I'm not suggesting that those two are the scum team as in together, but I see certain things that might indicate they are scum.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #138 (isolation #27) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:52 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 131, Billy Pilgrim wrote: At the moment, I dont want to lynch in Karnage, Micc, or Jones.
Not interested in BBM today, and I'm not policy lynching Zepp on D1.

That leaves Arkias, bep, and Salsae. Bep seems like they're trying at the moment. Salsae we gave you some thoughts on how to get started, but haven't heard from you in 24 hours. I'd like some pressure on that slot, but for me, Arkias is more interesting. I think his explanation of the vote on me was pretty vague, and when pressed, he didnt clarify.
I don't like this push at all. Salsae I'd agree with based on lack of content but Arkias? He hasn't had a chance to respond so pushing him for that makes little sense. Just going by timezones all his posts have been roughly the same time of day. I see clear reasoning which I can follow in his posts.

I'm going to place my vote on Salsae for now.
VOTE: Salsas
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #152 (isolation #28) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:17 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 141, Karnage wrote:
In post 136, LCpl Jones wrote: I very much get the feeling that the scum team is backing off on me.
FOS Billy and FOS Micc.

UNVOTE:
umm... aren't these two statements contradictory?
Not really; I FoS Micc but don't think I have enough evidence to push a wagon right now, so I might as well make my vote be useful.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #153 (isolation #29) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:23 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 140, Micc wrote:Salsas is not the lack of content wagon to be joining. There’s already two of us on Gyro. Why not join the fun?
I'd be more comfortable not right now with that as it somewhat wastes a vote on a VI slot and I'd like to put some pressure somewhere where it might be more useful. Albeit it's definitely an option later and I definitely would be happy to lynch him by default over no lynch.

If this improvement in play continues it could very well change my opinion on that
\_(^-^)_/
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #154 (isolation #30) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:29 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 144, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 136, LCpl Jones wrote:'d say the argument for voting Zrpp today is not to waste a vote later. I don't think anyone wants to vote him over a scum read but even if he's town it will have a positive benefit in a lylo situation as

I very much get the feeling that the scum team is backing off on me.
FOS Billy and FOS Micc.

UNVOTE:

Now there's options.
Can you explain this please? I'm the only one that had voted you. You were town reading me while I was voting you and scumleaning you. Then I interact with you more and get some questions answered in a logical way. I only have one outstanding confusion around you and it's from why you voted BBM. How does that progression get you to a FoS?
Ehhh
First push on me definitely weak
Push on arkias
Not wanting to policy lynch by default when someone at that point clearly would be harmful to town
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #165 (isolation #31) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:23 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

Fuck y'all I had enough of this
I hate playing town
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #166 (isolation #32) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:38 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

My apologies for my words earlier. At this point I think I had better replace out after that or you can just lynch me (but I am not scum - my town play is horrible as always while as scum I generally play pretty well).