TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:50 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

Hey all. I'll be reading all 11 pages until I can make any claims or assumptions. Will speak on this in a little bit once I have sufficient information.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:15 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

General Notes:

Pg 1.

- Game opens with some solid random votes. A bit confused on why people were asking for reasoning, when clearly they are just random to get the game rolling. I might just be looking to far into an obvious irony, though.
Pg. 2.

- Game picks up on page 2
- Early clash between Jones and Micc over the topic of sheeping
Jones overreacts (in my opinion) to BMolla's , can see why that appeared as suspicious
Pg. 3.

- Gyro has no apparent want to help town? (at least early on)
Pg. 4.

On my predecessor:
In post 33, LCpl Jones wrote:People who sheep aren't thinking for themselves. They run the risk of sheeping scum, but apart from that it's encouraging a group-think mentality, which allows scum to hide very effectively since they aren't pushed to show their own opinions to as great an extent.
In general terms I agree with this. Sheeping can be a giveaway, it can show a player is trying to remain on the background, be agreeable, without putting in their input. Personally I feel this to be more of a newbie scum tactic as opposed to more-skilled players. I see aggressive behavior to be more common in experienced mafia.
What Bmolla said appeared to be a much more ironic statement to me though. It seemed like a joke and I feel as though everyone was looking too far into it.
In post 39, LCpl Jones wrote: Just to clarify - BBmolla isn't sheeping yet. I don't count RVS votes. \
This contradicted what Jones said earlier. His "policy lynch" claim on BMolla seemed less than sarcastic. It's not consistent.
Post 62, Micc wrote:Those things just don’t go together. If your BBmolla vote was an RVS joke, then it was actively hindering the game from moving forward, not helping it.
I agree with this. Jones openly admitted that he didn't know if BBmolla was scum or not and still voted. I feel as though at that point in the game RVS hinder progress.
Post 83, Billy Pilgrim wrote:I think the way he dealt with the interaction from Micc in response to his BBM vote didnt look good. He starts by saying that sheeping is bad (fine no argument) but then explains that he doesnt think BBM was sheeping and that scum wouldnt be so transparent.
hundred percent agree. His jumpiness appears very odd in terms of his beliefs on BBmolla. I disagree with his vote on them as well.

So far I can definitely see why Jones is a suspect, even now. His way of playing seems ambiguous and mysterious and I don't like his jumpiness. I've only gotten through less than half of the thread so I'll continue my notetaking on a bit, I just wanted to see from the beginning how it all began.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:19 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

UNVOTE:

I don't like where my vote is at the moment. I haven't really got into Salsae/Andaconda as the slot posts more later but I don't want to leave my vote there for no reason.

Also: I am just taking notes now and posting them for my understanding, will go into my inferences based off them after.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:28 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

I'm planning on it during study hall today which is in about an hour and forty-five minutes. I have MUN every Tuesday so I was busy last night and then I went to sleep so I didn't have any more time yesterday, my apologies. Expect my activity soon though.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:47 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

I find it odd how Billy was defending Jones on Pg 5. (Saying he liked his 99, his 100 didn't sound scummy.. Will keep in mind.)

The bandwagon on Jones on page 7... Started by Billy, followed by BBmolla, Micc
Arkias is confused by the vote on Jones..
Anaconda replaced Salsae and is against the wagon.
Bepwei follows Anaconda's vote on Billy.
Gyro follows the Jones vote with very little input. Arkias votes him too.

General opinions on players.

Karnage
Salsae/Anaconda
Gyro

BBmolla
Bep
wei
Billy Pilgrim
Ar
kias
Micc

My slot is definitely in a tough spot and I'm not so sure what else I can do. I'll just leave some of my own thoughts for after I am lynched. Unless a claim would be helpful? I'm a newer player so I've never experienced a claim in any forum mafia games I've played so I'm not so sure on the policy of those.

I do disagree with a lot of my predecessor's claims and posts.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:46 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

In post 272, Billy Pilgrim wrote:@Gilded - why is Micc your top scumread?
It's a bit flimsy reasoning but Micc seems very manipulative and pushy, agressive, which is usually how experienced scum plays. He's kind of the leader of everyone's consensus and it makes me feel a bit uneasy.

It's not enough for me to place a vote, though. It's not really because he clashed so hard against Jones, either. If I didn't know the slot was town then I totally would of suspected him as well. He was acting very sketchy and jumping his opinions around, especially with BBmolla.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:50 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

I'm Vanilla Townie, no special abilities.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:26 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

In post 292, Billy Pilgrim wrote:@Gilded - why is Gyro so high up in your town reads? Your bottom three reads were three of the people voting you. Why is Gyro different? Also, still waiting on a response to
Answering about Gyro:
Something similar is happening in another game I am playing (not going to elaborate because not to talk about ongoing games) but basically I view a player who refuses to help town as themself town. It would be too obvious for them to be mafia, whether them a troll or not. Usually mafia plays to conceal themselves, be viewed as helpful, and to blend in with town. Sure, they might sheep/be quiet, but I don't think they would deliberately make decisions such as Gyro to stand out.

About Micc:
Honestly I'm not confident at all with who is town. I just have a gut feeling that someone who is taking a leading role in this game is mafia and that is why it is being thrown so heavily on my slot. I do full heartedly agree with why he was initially viewed as suspicious with the whole "sheeping" talk on BBmolla but I feel like scum is pulling the strings.

My playstyle is more so game solving/asking questions than finding scum, I'm not experienced enough to have a good enough skill to do so. In fact sometimes I am labeled suspicious because of my true neutral playstyle... Sorry if I'm not of much help. One of my setbacks is my fear of being wrong but I'm trying to overcome this.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:52 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

In post 296, Karnage wrote:
In post 293, bepwei wrote:Do you have rising suspicion of Karnage because of this? A few posts ago you were worried about me having suspicions of Karnage.
If the Gilded slot flips red, will that change you opinion of Karnage
?
this make me think bepwei/guilded scum team. Setting me up for a mislynch when guilded flips scum. Its not the first time either: was a response to me.
In post 239, bepwei wrote:
This doesn’t make me suspicious of you yet,but it is something that I think should be looked into if LCpl flips scum
. I am simply stating something I noticed and looking for clarification (which you provided)
What about anaconda? If you truly believe I'll flip red, what is your opinion on anaconda's defense of me and the attack on Micc? Do you think they are a potential scum team with me or just a "misguided" townie?
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:12 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

Could we hear some from Arkias? They haven't spoken in a while and I haven't been able to make a decision on them.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:50 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

In post 302, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 300, TheGildedSun wrote:Could we hear some from Arkias? They haven't spoken in a while and I haven't been able to make a decision on them.
What made you list them as null/scum in your reads list then?

As I said my reads list wasn't very well backed and I have very scattered ideas. I left them as null because I haven't gotten a good chance to look into their posts since they've remained pretty quiet. I just felt like I had too many town reads and that someone out of the null group had to be scum.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:20 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

In post 314, Karnage wrote:@Gilded - is there a reason why you aren't even voting with 18 hours left?
Because I really am at a loss of who is mafia. But if I had to drop a vote it would probably be on Arkias.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:29 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

I feel like I need to post in depth notes on all the players for after I am lynched. (As that's very likely at this point.) Maybe there's a chance it can help town, who knows. (Although my reads will probably be completely off since I'm not so skilled in that yet.) Would any of you be interested?
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:31 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

I'm not so sure how I feel about bepwei either. I'm worried that they are defending me now for when I flip green they'll appear town while this isn't the case, but then again they could genuinely believe me.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:39 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

In post 322, TheGildedSun wrote:I'm not so sure how I feel about bepwei either. I'm worried that they are defending me now for when I flip green they'll appear town while this isn't the case, but then again they could genuinely believe me.
I honestly don't think anyone could genuinely believe me though because of how flaking my catchup has been. This kind of concerns me?