Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:09 am

Post by chazary »

In post 8, bugspray wrote:RVs questions:
What's the best smash Bros game?

Which ice cream flavor is your favorite and what's so good about it?

Are you happy with the role you randomed?

What piece of old technology do you think should be brought back?

Buses or trains?
I've only played smash here and there with friends and couldn't tell you which one I was playing if my life depended on it.

Vanilla. It goes with anything.

No. But I'll learn to love it.

The SanDisk Sansa Shaker.

Trains.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:13 am

Post by chazary »

@bugspray Are these kinds of questions something you do in most games? I think they're kind of random but I'd rather this than a game with little to no engagement.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:16 am

Post by chazary »

In post 29, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:I hardclaim Masons with JacksonVirgo
Why would you claim so soon?
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:27 am

Post by chazary »

What about GB has been scummy so far? He's barely posted anything substantial.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:51 am

Post by chazary »

Hm. Interesting. But also didn't you start that with pointless questions?
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:24 am

Post by chazary »

Didn't seem flippant to me. He gave a reasonable answer (as far as I can tell with my limited smash knowledge). But I do agree that the "Who do you main?" question sounds more like an attempt to bond rather than a genuine question.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:50 am

Post by chazary »

Since I'm scumreading TSE too but don't wanna L-1 I'm gonna push Virgo for a response. Assuming TSE is scum for hardclaiming then Virgo would have to be scum with them.

VOTE: JacksonVirgo
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:08 am

Post by chazary »

Oh I see. I assumed he wouldn't claim with anyone other than the other scum just because if he did they'd immediately call him out for it. Guess it was just that foolish of a play? But either way I want to see what Virgo says so I'll still press them with my vote.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by chazary »

When one of your posts is claiming a role I’d say it’s pretty alignment indicative but ok

Also what? Is claiming masons like an inside joke for you guys then? Or like a site wide joke I’m unfamiliar with?
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:05 am

Post by chazary »

In post 89, Chuck Shurley wrote:@mod - I have a lot of aid going on from Friday afternoon to Sunday night. If I can post, I will, but please mark me VLA just in case.

---

Why is it "usually scummy" to ask random questions? It isn't something I would do, but it looks like it got us out of the awkward start phase.

That said, serious VOTE: chazary

It's been a really long time since I played mafia at all, but IME jumping on discussion of roles so early in the game, especially with such obvious bait, is a mark of newb scum.

Coffee time.

V/LA noted. In the future it is good to bold this kind of thing so I don't miss it. --P
Omw home from work reading through. Want to UNVOTE: JacksonVirgo

Don’t totally understand the reason for voting for me but cool. What makes it a newb scum move and not just a newb move in general?
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:07 am

Post by chazary »

Idk why you guys needed to know what I was up to lmao just a peek into my silly little life
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:23 am

Post by chazary »

No but I’m interested to know what scout my posts make me read nervous
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:29 am

Post by chazary »

In post 97, Chuck Shurley wrote:
In post 92, chazary wrote:Don’t totally understand the reason for voting for me but cool. What makes it a newb scum move and not just a newb move in general?
Why did you question my read of your alignment instead of correcting me about your mafia experience?
Because I don't have that much experience so why would I question it if its true?
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 103, Chuck Shurley wrote:here.

I skipped right over the "middle school" part of this post in my check, so in consideration that that experience could have been not only a long time ago, but also an entirely different style of play, I'm willing to stand down from my rusty != newbie stance depending on what chaz does in the next bit.

That said, I still think his response wasn't written from a townie game-solving perspective.

--
Saw your post bugspray- No offense intended, chaz, I'm sorry for using the wrong pronouns! "They" is my hardwire default to the point I don't even think about it anymore. I'll pay better attention in future.
Yeah it was on some roleplaying server where they played mafia and it was extremely different than this. Also literally didn't even notice so you're good. I also default to "they" so I apologize for that in advance, although I'll try to refrain from now on.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:45 am

Post by chazary »

In post 89, Chuck Shurley wrote: That said, serious VOTE: chazary

It's been a really long time since I played mafia at all, but IME jumping on discussion of roles so early in the game, especially with such obvious bait, is a mark of newb scum.
In post 100, Chuck Shurley wrote:To clarify- chazary stated in their completed game that they've played before, but they're rusty. Rusty isn't newbie, it's just...rusty.
I'm curious, if you read my past game and knew that I said that why are you voting me for a "newb scum" move? Were you trying to see if I'd deny it or not?
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:50 am

Post by chazary »

Also yikes TSE I don't see why you can't just link to past examples of this claim tactic or whatever. And your posts seem more and more panicky and defensive.

Also Luca and Bugs are coming off pretty town here although I was and still am kind of null on Bugs just because of his initial questions and how he reacted to other peoples answers. But that's long past and has gotten us out of RVS quickly so I am thankful for them in retrospect.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:16 am

Post by chazary »

In post 145, Chuck Shurley wrote:
chazary wrote:I'm curious, if you read my past game and knew that I said that why are you voting me for a "newb scum" move? Were you trying to see if I'd deny it or not?
If that's the case, that means my initial newb scumslip response still has merit AND they still focused on alignment versus my assumption AND they were weirdly nervous about the contents of other posts.
But again, why would I focus on your assumption if your assumption was correct though?
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:30 am

Post by chazary »

In post 170, TheLordOfKittens wrote:i agree with luca on this, that third question seems a bit suspicious
I think it'd be more suspicious if they targeted people's answers to it. But it seems like it was just meant to throw people off.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #18) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:32 am

Post by chazary »

In post 186, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:@GB who’s your biggest scum read? Is it still me?
@Bugs @Luca Other then Myself, who else do you scum read?
This just kind of reads like youre trying to shift focus away from yourself. And then your post following it is just... random nonsense.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 195, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 192, chazary wrote:
In post 186, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:@GB who’s your biggest scum read? Is it still me?
@Bugs @Luca Other then Myself, who else do you scum read?
This just kind of reads like youre trying to shift focus away from yourself. And then your post following it is just... random nonsense.
WRONG.
I’m trying to figure out their individual alignment and thoughts towards others.
There is only 2 mafia in the format meaning if mafia for some reason both voted me, the last guy is still Town.
And you claim I’m “shifting focus away from myself”
When In actuality, I’m trying to solve this game as well as prevent my own miss lynch from occurring.
Thus why I want to get as much information as I can so we don’t end up miss lynching today.
If we do end up Miss Lynch today, I would like to at least partly confirm a mafia via the miss lynch.
mislynch doesnt even sound like a word anymore

it wasn't so much you asking for reads as it was the way you went about it. @ing only the people on your wagon and including "is it still me?"/"other than myself". Sounds like you're more concerned about where you fall in their reads than you do about actually knowing what they are
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 197, bugspray wrote:
In post 193, bugspray wrote:Just say your reads bro
@chaz
don't understand the pressure from you when tse was asking specific people who aren't me but ok

as far as those who've contributed so far my reads are as follows:

town: Luca, Chuck
null: JV, GB, LoK
scum: tse, bugs
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by chazary »

Since you like hopping on wagons so much I’ll hop on yours

VOTE: bugspray
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #22) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 214, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Another question.
If you scum read me before why didn’t you jump on My wagon but jumped on Bugs?
The only actual reasoning I can think of is maybe you didn’t want to put me at 4 votes but still.
Other then that what made you not vote against me?
Well basically just like you said, I wasn't about to put you at L-1 that quickly and risk a myslynch
In post 226, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 213, TrueSoulEnergy wrote: Let me ask you this.
Why shouldn’t I vote you?
I mean, your claiming me and Bugs are SvS.
So if Bugs flips Scum your trying to make it as if you are the Town and I could still easily be scum.
Here’s another good question.
What makes you more Town then me and Bugs?
Why are you assuming that someone having two scum reads on D1 means they must think they’re a scum team?

For example, I have a SR on you and to a lesser extent George, but do I consider you as a scumteam? I haven’t even begun to consider it. Why? Because it’s D1, and making associations pre-flip is rarely a productive thing to do.

The ‘why shouldn’t I vote you?’ line rubs me up the wrong way, feels like posturing.

And the last question isn’t good at all, it’s entirely pointless in fact. Since when does someone have to explain why they are more Town than someone in order to vote that person? Towncasing yourself is usually always pointless anyway.
Exactly what Luca said. I never said you and bugs are together. In fact, my reads on both of you kind of contradict. If bugs were to flip scum, my read on you might change actually, and vice versa.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:25 am

Post by chazary »

In post 230, bugspray wrote:
In post 211, chazary wrote:Since you like hopping on wagons so much I’ll hop on yours

VOTE: bugspray
I'm not caught up yet but this is a ridiculous omgus
Not quite. I am actually scumreading you based on how you hop onto wagons very easily and then off of them when they don't build as quickly as you might want them to.
In post 233, bugspray wrote:I'd love to put tse at l-1 but I want at least a few days of posting with all the players before we do that. People really love to be like oh no l1 but if you're confident in your read the worst case scenario is a bus lulhammer but in newbie I think the l1 fear is more justified
I don't understand the point of this. So you're confident about your read on TSE but don't want to L-1 him yet. And then you try and convince the rest of us why we shouldn't be afraid of L-1ing if we're confident in our reads. Like, yeah but who says any of us are confident in our reads. And we're probably all thinking the same thing as far as waiting for more activity from other players. So why feel the need to urge others to L-1 someone?

Also, on top of everything you just seem very combative in almost all of your responses to people.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:02 am

Post by chazary »

As far as my townreads go I'm definitely still pretty confident on Luca and Chuck.

Luca has been giving me town vibes just from his posts and his his questions toward TSE.

Chuck hasn't been very active lately but his meta reading of me reads very town. Can't imagine scum going all the way back to a past game to find one little thing about my mafia experience to question me about.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:10 am

Post by chazary »

Also now that JV has been more active I can say I'm leaning town on them. I can't imagine why they would defend TSE so much in any scenario beside them being town. If JV was on a scumteam w TSE then defending them so openly would surely risk their stance in the game. And if JV was scum w someone else then why would they defend the biggest scumread of the game so far.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:38 am

Post by chazary »

In post 299, bugspray wrote: Putting someone at l-1 even if they flip scum and getting an early night is still not an optimal situation for town. We have a lot of quiet slots who we should want to hear more from before the deadline ends.
Yeah I agree. That's why I didn't understand your "don't be afraid of putting someone at L-1" comment. I don't think anyone is afraid. It's just too early. But the way it read to me was that you were pushing someone to do so without it having to be you.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 302, bugspray wrote:
In post 294, chazary wrote: Chuck hasn't been very active lately but his meta reading of me reads very town. Can't imagine scum going all the way back to a past game to find one little thing about my mafia experience to question me about.
Why would town do this and not scum?
I mean I guess the nit picking seems scummy but from my short experience so far on this site meta reading that in depth is a sign of town.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #28) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 298, Luca Blight wrote:Wagon-hopping early game is actually a pro-Town move most of the time, as it generates information. Scum are more likely to be hesitant in hopping to different wagons as they’re more self-conscious and don’t want to get called-out on it.

Obviously there are distinctions to this. For example, the manner of George’s hop onto the Chaz wagon felt a lot worse than Bugs’.
Ah I understand. I guess similar to George I see a lack of any actual questioning of the players bugs is voting for. However since my vote I've been noticing it more. I think it was masked by that slightly aggressive tone I mentioned before.
In post 297, Luca Blight wrote:I can get why you SR Bugs, Chaz, but wagon-hopping isn’t that big of a scumtell. Posturing in the manner displayed by TSE is far more calculated and scummy, and I feel he is a much better lynch for today.
I agree. Since my bugs vote TSE has acted even more scummy than before. And recent points on George are pretty valid too.

Bugs is still a scumread of mine but it'll take the back burner. There are more scummy people afoot.

VOTE: TrueSoulEnergy
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #29) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by chazary »

I know one of the reasons George is scummy is because he's posting less, but I still need more from him before I can completely be convinced of his scumness.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:46 am

Post by chazary »

I still have some catching up to do but a few things I wanted to say before I get back to work until later tonight:
In post 421, TrueSoulEnergy wrote: I’m still salty I might get miss lynched because I started with a joke Mason Claim.
I’ma dare you to say it next game you play and we shall see if you have 3 votes on you or not.
What kind of defense is this? So are you surprised or not that you got 3 votes from your hilarious mason claim? If you’re daring us to do the same and betting we get the same reaction then what did you expect in this game?
In post 407, JacksonVirgo wrote:Dang I thought I was gonna be able to play a proper game with TSE but they're just gonna die r.i.p
Maybe next game TSE

If it gets to L-1 I can hammer it because I see why people are scum-reading them and their flip will teach us a lot but like they're gonna flip town 90% of the time.
This post is just… what? You defended TSE so hard before this but then once their lynch looks like more of a possibility you’re all of a sudden willing to drop the hammer? Is this setting up an excuse for hammering so you don’t get read as scum when you do it? Assuming TSE is town in this scenario. Why the change of heart?

DkKoba's entrance and following flip on TSE from town to scum is very off. Again, have to really catch up before I can totally read them though.

Alo's entrance reads pretty town. Third game in a row I've played with them and they've been town in each one. Don't notice anything different in their play so far. Will have to analyze more in depth when I'm not using up company time being on this site.

Sorry if I'm glossing over certain events. I'll do a full read through later.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by chazary »

I can see why volxen's inactivity and ignorance of recent events seems scummy, but why would scum want to keep going back to questioning a similarly inactive player who now is kind of flying under the radar. Yes if the biggest scumread in the game is their partner but then why not jump on a preexisting counterwagon like DkKoba. I think they're just not caught up yet and George is simply their biggest read still.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by chazary »

As far as being this close to hammer I would typically unvote to prevent such but TSE is giving us absolutely nothing when asked to explain themselves or their reads. They're still my biggest scumread and at this point I believe we're talking in circles whether they're scum or not and lynching them would at least move the game forward. I do want more from volxen and George and I feel bad about the players who just subbed in not being here for too long but where else can this conversation go without some kind of catalyst i.e. lynch and/or nk.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by chazary »

In post 513, Luca Blight wrote:
Because it's easy and makes them look busy without having to take a hard stance on any current events.

Why commit to a stance on TSE/Koba when he can just rest easy on his vanity wagon?
Hmm. I didn't think of the possibility that if TSE is town and volxen is scum, they don't need to worry about a counter wagon with TSE's lynch becoming more and more probable. Didn't really think that one through.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #34) » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:17 am

Post by chazary »

Wow this day is moving nowhere fast. So fast that I can't even keep up with what everyone's reads are.

That whole scuffle between Luca and Dk did come off very TvT I agree. Although I dont understand why Luca keeps saying his vote is locked and then changes it in no time for barely any reason at all.

And for the record I'm keeping my vote where it is. The end of today has turned into a voting food fight. Like the drop of a hat and suddenly someone acquires a wagon and gets to L-1. I can understand why everyone is voting where they are for the most part but I'm keeping my vote where it is. I don't feel like constantly having to keep up with everyone else when you all just keep hopping around.
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #35) » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:38 am

Post by chazary »

In post 645, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 643, chazary wrote:I don't feel like constantly having to keep up with everyone else when you all just keep hopping around.
Changing wagons D1 is healthy for the game state. It gives us more resources to vca and garner reads from people.

But weren't you considering Volx as a scumread earlier?
I reconsidered my initial thoughts on their inactivity. I never outright scumread them.

So what have you garnered from the most recent wagons?
chazary
chazary
Goon
chazary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (isolation #36) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:11 am

Post by chazary »

George is town. I got the message.

VOTE: volxen