Chuck Shurley
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:14 am

Post by Chuck Shurley »

@mod - I have a lot of aid going on from Friday afternoon to Sunday night. If I can post, I will, but please mark me VLA just in case.

---

Why is it "usually scummy" to ask random questions? It isn't something I would do, but it looks like it got us out of the awkward start phase.

That said, serious VOTE: chazary

It's been a really long time since I played mafia at all, but IME jumping on discussion of roles so early in the game, especially with such obvious bait, is a mark of newb scum.

Coffee time.

V/LA noted. In the future it is good to bold this kind of thing so I don't miss it. --P
Last edited by Plotinus on Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck Shurley
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:15 am

Post by Chuck Shurley »

*correction: I have a lot of stuff, not a lot of aid. Aid isn't even near the same keys, wtf.
Chuck Shurley
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Chuck Shurley »

In post 92, chazary wrote:Don’t totally understand the reason for voting for me but cool. What makes it a newb scum move and not just a newb move in general?
Why did you question my read of your alignment instead of correcting me about your mafia experience?
Chuck Shurley
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Chuck Shurley »

In post 98, chazary wrote:
In post 97, Chuck Shurley wrote:
In post 92, chazary wrote:Don’t totally understand the reason for voting for me but cool. What makes it a newb scum move and not just a newb move in general?
Why did you question my read of your alignment instead of correcting me about your mafia experience?
Because I don't have that much experience so why would I question it if its true?
Because it's a lot more useful to town to be honest about useful sorting information, whereas it's a lot more useful to scum to cast doubt on a scummy slip up.
Chuck Shurley
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Chuck Shurley »

To clarify- chazary stated in their completed game that they've played before, but they're rusty. Rusty isn't newbie, it's just...rusty.
Chuck Shurley
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Chuck Shurley »

here.

I skipped right over the "middle school" part of this post in my check, so in consideration that that experience could have been not only a long time ago, but also an entirely different style of play, I'm willing to stand down from my rusty != newbie stance depending on what chaz does in the next bit.

That said, I still think his response wasn't written from a townie game-solving perspective.

--
Saw your post bugspray- No offense intended, chaz, I'm sorry for using the wrong pronouns! "They" is my hardwire default to the point I don't even think about it anymore. I'll pay better attention in future.
Chuck Shurley
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Chuck Shurley »

chazary wrote:I'm curious, if you read my past game and knew that I said that why are you voting me for a "newb scum" move? Were you trying to see if I'd deny it or not?
Chuck's thought process:

Well that's an interesting post...oh hey, look at that, it's newb scum.

Hm, deflection about motive, interesting, let's do a background check.

Huh. Not actually new to playing mafia, so the "newb" part doesn't apply. However, they didn't bother to tell me that part. Let's call'em out.

But Chuck, they haven't played since middle school. Maybe they played differently back then.

If that's the case, that means my initial newb scumslip response still has merit AND they still focused on alignment versus my assumption AND they were weirdly nervous about the contents of other posts.
Chuck Shurley
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Chuck Shurley »

Did anyone else notice that Jackson is simultaneously tactically distancing themselves from AND emotionally buddying with TSE? This is calculated behavior and I'm curious about the motivation behind it.
Chuck Shurley
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Chuck Shurley »

I'm assuming you mean TSE, not stirner? I'll check out 1980 as soon as I can to see what I think, but unfortunately, as I mentioned before:
I'm on VLA until Sunday afternoon
Chuck Shurley
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Chuck Shurley »

Before I leave entirely: sup, clidd? Why are you ignoring this game?
Chuck Shurley
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Chuck Shurley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Chuck Shurley »

@Mod I need to drop. Unexpected work obligations are adding up to a 60+ hour week. I appreciate the chance and hope to be back to play a real game soon.

Sorry guys. I swear it was looking good and I was super excited to get back into this. I'll be back at another time.