OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by OldMapleNostalgia »

In post 15, 72offsuit wrote:I see we have a few newly-registered players in this game.

What is everyone's prior experience in playing mafia (forum mafia or otherwise)?
Do you prefer playing as town or scum?

This is my 3rd game of forum mafia. I have also previously played browser-based mafia (epicmafia) and enjoy hidden identity board games
I prefer to play as town. I enjoy solving/deducing who is who in the zoo. I find being mafia can be stressful.
I used to play a couple of years ago on epicmafia, back when it was super active. This is my first game of forum mafia, so it'll definitely be a new experience for me. I prefer to play as scum more than town just because I am terrible at gut reads and telling when people are lying as a town member. I tend to give others the benefit of the doubt if I see anyone say something weird in relation to the game, an aspect of the game I have to get better at I guess :/
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:59 pm

In post 22, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 10, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:First is the worst... Second is also the worst >:(
My brother is in Phi Kappa Phi...
VOTE: Phi Kappa Phi
I smell OOT :)
You smell my jealousy, nothing else :evil:
In post 42, 72offsuit wrote: Is this some weird role play thing where you have a different posting style based on the alt account that you log in with?

What are everyone's thoughts regarding OS admitting to this being an alternate account, in particular linked to an account that i just played a game with.
OS played under the account DetectivePikachu (DP and I were both town).

Is the act of OS admitting this is an alternate account alignment indicative? What are people's thoughts?
I'm wondering if !scumOS (scenario of OS having rolled mafia this game) versus !townOS would admit, versus not admit, to being an alternate account, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree completely and this has no relevance at all...
My thoughts on this are that it might be alignment indicative, but OS was upfront about playing on their alt and didn't have anything to hide - doesn't feel like something scum would do.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:07 pm

In post 35, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 33, ObviousScum wrote:so you're saying it was off-topic? I think it was more an indication that was the reason he chose phi for RVS
no it wasn't off topic
I just think it's pretty hard for two people who know each other in real life to not talk about the game outside of the thread lol
To explain more: Phi Kappa Phi is an honors society for college students that have chapters across the country. I have no relation to him at all... I think.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Yes, Jackson. How can you be so serious and seriously town read someone as serious as OS... seriously?
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:03 pm

@72
I disagree. I haven't played with OS so I can't say anything about his playstyle or how he types, but it didn't feel like there was any malicious intent in saying that he played with you before. Rather, it's strange that you're somewhat aggressively putting the spotlight on him. I like your desire to get the game moving, but this might be a dead end.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:21 am

In post 115, Phi Kappa Phi wrote:Much better
This is your reaction after getting scum-read? No "why?" or any defense? :shifty:
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:34 am

So just some quick thoughts from me, while I have the time in between midterms. Sorry, I won't be able to format well because this is off my phone.

Maduisha:
Phi was giving off scum vibes to me, mainly because he ignored people calling him out for his overall strange behavior to the game. With that said, Madu hammered WAY too early on Phi, AND her reasoning as to hammering him is just complete garbage. Being bored with the game does not justify hammering someone that hasn't had a chance to respond at L-1. She took the opportunity to move on to the next day and ran with it. Bad hammers are a thing, but this was an ABSOLUTE SCUM PLAY in my eyes. VOTE: Maduisha
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:37 am

It was obvious to me that he was town. I am sure many people didn't like his entry to the game; however, as pointed out by Clidd, it was consistent with his other games. Him being open on playing his alt is also indicative of having nothing to hide. If he was scum, hiding his alt may have subconsciously played into his behavior. I don't see how people thought he was LOCK-scum at all.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:43 am

Clidd:
You wrote in your wall that it was strange that I wanted to maintain neutrality while still pointing out someone's strange behavior. I mostly agree, but I can attribute that to getting a read on how the meta of the game itself would play out. So I'll start pushing. How can you conclude that the mafia team is not consisted of two newbies? They just need to recognize that OS was the best player in this game, which is something that you acknowledged in your wall. Is it too far of a jump for mafia newbies to recognize that he is a good kill when you literally told them that it was? You point this out again at the start of the day that, why are you adamant in letting people know that OS was lock-town in your eyes? I don’t like this behavior, fos on you
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:48 pm

I know OS was town because im mason. I'll get back to you guys in an hour or so
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #554 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:47 pm

Surprised I wasn't cc'ed -> Inclined to believe GW is town given that everyone was waiting on him to CC me. Can everyone go over there scum pool?
For me:
Scum:
Madu - I still believe she sacced herself with the extremely early hammer and started playing dumb about it, as seen by her initial posts today.
On the fence:
Clidd and JV - I have a bad feeling about them. They're controlling the game too much in my opinion, I'm not helping with that considering I have been inactive. Although 72 did have a weak defense, Clidd started calling for his head early into the day, and JV followed suit later. Unsure about this.
ceejay - Like me, he's been inactive/lurking, but I've had similar reads (besides OS) throughout the game. I would like to hear more from him.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #580 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:58 pm

Can you guys explain why 72 is a better lynch than Madu, why doesn't anyone else think Madu is scum-lock? Sorry I wasn't fully following the thread.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #593 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:04 pm

I will hammer 72. Again, I have a very eery feeling about Clidd/JV power duo scum. 72 what is your scum pool.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #599 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:06 pm

VOTE: 72offsuit
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #626 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:16 am

So mafia kept me alive for two reasons off the top of my head.
1. I had the wrong reads day 2 (madu scum, clidd/jv power duo scum) and want me to continue in that direction.
2. Clidd had the RIGHT reads, and he could narrow them down EVEN IF 72 flipped town.
In post 612, ceejayvinoya wrote:Well fuck. Okay. It's probably genwu and I don't know who the other guy is
How can you not have 2 people in your scum pool by now???? This reads like you're avoiding discussion, do you not want to bus your partner?
In post 605, JacksonVirgo wrote:Okay so, I feel stupid but that's aight.
Intent to vote GeneralWu
In post 607, JacksonVirgo wrote:Scum is General and Ceejay as I said in my previous post from EoD.
I doubt it's Mad like I'm completely against their lynch
What makes GW more scum than ceejay? I find it hard to justify lynching ceejay AFTER GW when ceejay is considerably more scum in my opinion.
In post 617, GeneralWu wrote:JV tunneled 72 really hard yesterday and now he turns onto me

It seems to me like he's been using clidd to first push that hang on 72, then turn onto me.

The only thing JV has against me is his "own post from eod" which seemed to me like it was prepared ahead of time.
JV did tunnel fairly hard onto 72. He also got his vote out then let clidd take the reins.
In post 623, Maduisha wrote:I think you have a point about the fact that blindly following 72's hunch is maybe not too smart, even if I think his opinion is valuable, as he can be wrong just like anyone else. As for me working with JV, that's certainly a possibility I can't deny with anything other than my word, so I won't bother. I think I want to place my vote on ceejay. I'll wait until Mapple shows up too, but I'll say now that after he does, I am using my vote with no hesitation.
Madu is so fucking confusing I don't know how to read her. I had her scum-lock yesterday due to her early hammer on phi and playing dumb at the start of yesterday. She's on the fence for me now, considering I have a similar feeling of the game as her. CJ should go first.

I want to vote CJ. Someone explain why it's a bad idea.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #653 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:06 am

In post 642, Maduisha wrote:
In post 633, JacksonVirgo wrote:Don't we all equally scumread gwu. Why do we not Lynch that
I stated my reasons to lynch ceejay (aside from what I now know). I will go with who is most suspicious and I think his behavior is way worse than whatever you can read on GW's right now. But I don't want to state that as a fact and leave it like that, so please, give me your reasons to vote for GW instead (I am not going to change my vote, BTW, you're all free to jump on ceejay's train to lynch me, if this is so shady). Especially as to why are we voting GW if it's now confirmed that either ceejay or myself are mafia since one of us would have been lynched already. The only logical step is to lynch him, or me.

Ask yourselves who is mafia and why do you think so. I don't care if the answer is me, I want to listen to everyone's reasoning, at least.
Assuming you are town, shouldn't you not want us to hop on CJ's train to vote you considering this is lylo? Did you slip, implying there would be another day if we voted you?

So GW/JV are not aligned (otherwise they would have hammered by now). Madu/CJ could be bussing each other, but scum is in such an advantageous state that I doubt they would be bringing themselves to this extent. Same goes for CJ/GW and JV/GW, considering their first statements were that GW is scum. Scum team is Madu/GW or CJ/JV in my opinion.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #654 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:09 am

In post 626, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:
In post 605, JacksonVirgo wrote:Okay so, I feel stupid but that's aight.
Intent to vote GeneralWu
In post 607, JacksonVirgo wrote:Scum is General and Ceejay as I said in my previous post from EoD.
I doubt it's Mad like I'm completely against their lynch
What makes GW more scum than ceejay? I find it hard to justify lynching ceejay AFTER GW when ceejay is considerably more scum in my opinion.
JV, why GW before CJ?
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #661 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:36 am

Wow, this is really slow with clidd dead.

I think the game is solved, it just comes down to a 50/50. The scum team must be GW/Madu or CJ/JV. My vote will be on CJ or one of GW/Madu today, I haven't decided. I'm waiting for JV to respond to my question to finalize my thoughts.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #662 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:37 am

In post 658, GeneralWu wrote:
Which begs the question, why do you suddenly not want a wagon on genwu, someone who you thought was scum earlier?
Which begs the question, why do
you
want a wagon on me, when you have like no reasons for it? Like, nearly everybody here is pushing me and not even giving good reasons for doing so.

Honestly guys, why are most of you just sheeping clidd and not even giving a reason for why?
I scum read Madu and CJ more than you, simply because of how the vote scenarios played out.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:49 am

Madu/JV team isn't out of the question either, given how JV refuses to vote her. I think GW/CJ is not a scum team, so I would like to hear what his scenarios for scum would be.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #693 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:45 am

In post 682, JacksonVirgo wrote:Ceejay voting Gwu is 100% a bus, to try to get that little tiny bit of town-cred before getting into LyLo again tomorrow.
You think scum would bus in a 2v3? I think they're in such an advantageous spot that there would be no need. I'm not ruling out the possibility, but I just see CJ/you being more likely. CJ would have to both be bussing GW and Madu (his vote onto her), he can't be that bold.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #694 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:51 am

In post 693, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:
In post 682, JacksonVirgo wrote:Ceejay voting Gwu is 100% a bus, to try to get that little tiny bit of town-cred before getting into LyLo again tomorrow.
You think scum would bus in a 2v3? I think they're in such an advantageous spot that there would be no need. I'm not ruling out the possibility, but I just see CJ/you being more likely. CJ would have to both be bussing GW and Madu (his vote onto her), he can't be that bold.
Sorry, it would be a Madu bus onto CJ. My point is that thinking about bussing at this point only helps scum, it distracts us from the evidence that is already laid out in votes and possible scum teams. I am okay hammering on CJ, there is little he can say to convince me otherwise. I'll wait for a bit to see if he responds.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #696 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:48 am

In post 695, Maduisha wrote:I just hope nobody bought JV not noticing/remembering the votes. They were posting on the same page when it happened, and they'd have to ignore basically all posts from there, including Karnage's vote counts... come on.

I understand everyone has a life, but it's such a blatant lie that I'm almost taking it as surrender flag because the game became stale and their partner disappeared, so they want the game to end as soon as possible.
If it's so blatant vote JV then?
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #697 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:17 pm

In post 633, JacksonVirgo wrote:Don't we all equally scumread gwu. Why do we not Lynch that
In post 642, Maduisha wrote:
I stated my reasons to lynch ceejay (aside from what I now know). I will go with who is most suspicious and I think his behavior is way worse than whatever you can read on GW's right now. But I don't want to state that as a fact and leave it like that, so please, give me your reasons to vote for GW instead (I am not going to change my vote, BTW, you're all free to jump on ceejay's train to lynch me, if this is so shady). Especially as to why are we voting GW if it's now confirmed that either ceejay or myself are mafia since one of us would have been lynched already. The only logical step is to lynch him, or me.

Ask yourselves who is mafia and why do you think so. I don't care if the answer is me, I want to listen to everyone's reasoning, at least.
In post 643, Maduisha wrote:I said I trust JV, but after suggesting we vote GW after ceejay and I place votes, I'm not so sure anymore. They're a more experienced player, this fact shouldn't fly over their heads.

I know I'm pointing fingers everywhere, but I want to go with what I'm seeing now instead of going for a purposeless lynch on day 3. You guys should be arguing that I'm scummy, or ceejay is, since the thread is not closed after these votes.
In post 650, Maduisha wrote:There's absolutely no reason to vote anyone that is not you or me during today, because there's a clear 50% chance of success lynching a mafia if they do, vs risking it lynching GW right now. I am trying to protect no one, I want people to vote between us two for the obvious reasons. The fact that you are avoiding to talk about it means only one thing. If you were townie, you'd want my head right now, not GW's, no matter how scummy be might seem. Confirmed scum > shady person, if you ask me who to vote.
In post 679, Maduisha wrote:
In post 676, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 650, Maduisha wrote:There's absolutely no reason to vote anyone that is not you or me during today, because there's a clear 50% chance of success lynching a mafia if they do, vs risking it lynching GW right now. I am trying to protect no one, I want people to vote between us two for the obvious reasons. The fact that you are avoiding to talk about it means only one thing. If you were townie, you'd want my head right now, not GW's, no matter how scummy be might seem. Confirmed scum > shady person, if you ask me who to vote.
The fuck is this post
There is 50% of successful mafia lynch in the view of a townie that isn't me or Ceejay, if he or I are the targets. There is 100% success chance to lynch mafia for a townie in my or his position if we do that. Yet he insists on going for anything other than 100% success.

Did I explain myself any clearer now? I'm saying there that Ceejay is scum.
Madu and JV's interaction this day is the reason why I'm hesitant to hammer CJ immediately. I get this feeling she is saccing herself by portraying that the vote today MUST be her or CJ, allowing JV to get through without much resistance from town. Plus if she flips scum it won't affect the game that much in that it will still be lylo tomorrow. I still think CJ is top scum and I will hammer on him... but this 50/50 sucks man.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #700 (isolation #25) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:05 pm

Idk, this game feels dead, I'll hammer in 15 minutes, even if CJ doesn't get back.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #701 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:14 pm

In post 700, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:Idk, this game feels dead, I'll hammer in 15 minutes, even if CJ doesn't get back.
Holy batman look at the commas.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #706 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:17 pm

well. that's that i guess
VOTE: CJ
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #780 (isolation #28) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:21 pm

GG's guys! Nice clutch Madu, btw I still thought you were bussing cj until dead chat lol. Anyone have any tips/something I can improve on? It was my first forum game so I'm sure I'll learn a lot reviewing this.