She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #890 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 89, votato wrote:
In post 85, Genghis Khan wrote:SCUMSLIP

votato is in the mindset for getting a mislynch today, which is why he thinks scum will know all the pairs tomorrow. If he's town, he would consider what happens the other 50% of the time when scum is lynched - which he should be aiming for.
i dont think this is the scumslip you're looking for. you're assuming a random lynch. is scum just refuses to bus, 5/6 townies all have to agree on a scum lynch, including 1 townie to self-vote. a mislynch is all but assured today. the game gets interesting tomorrow.
I was spectating this game, and props to Genghis for nailing this obvious scumslip. Having meta on both town and scum!Drew and Raya being painfully obvtown, I had them as the pure t/t pair. Sleeper was also blatantly obvtown. Holden did fool me though but considering I really couldn’t be confident that scum was in the Pooky/Bugs pair, I don’t really understand why everyone was so convinced Holden/Tux were the t/t pair. I also thought Tex was townier than Holden.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #905 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 893, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 890, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 89, votato wrote:
In post 85, Genghis Khan wrote:SCUMSLIP

votato is in the mindset for getting a mislynch today, which is why he thinks scum will know all the pairs tomorrow. If he's town, he would consider what happens the other 50% of the time when scum is lynched - which he should be aiming for.
i dont think this is the scumslip you're looking for. you're assuming a random lynch. is scum just refuses to bus, 5/6 townies all have to agree on a scum lynch, including 1 townie to self-vote. a mislynch is all but assured today. the game gets interesting tomorrow.
I was spectating this game, and props to Genghis for nailing this obvious scumslip. Having meta on both town and scum!Drew and Raya being painfully obvtown, I had them as the pure t/t pair. Sleeper was also blatantly obvtown. Holden did fool me though but considering I really couldn’t be confident that scum was in the Pooky/Bugs pair, I don’t really understand why everyone was so convinced Holden/Tux were the t/t pair. I also thought Tex was townier than Holden.
Hey look, someone who knows my meta saw me as obvtown. Crazy.

If only you didn't cherry pick a scum game of mine and did some actual town work Pooky.

And yes, in my blind rage here I forgot about that obvious scum slip that Genghis pointed out.......how did you not go back to see this Pooky?

Also, good to see you again Nancy......we need to play in a game soon.
<3

I think if Raya/Sleeper were paired up, I think town would have won this game hands down. The obvious mistake you guys made was determining Holden/Tux as the pure pair. Basically since both Raya and Sleeper were strongly both town, logic would dictate that you ideally don’t lynch from either pair unless one of the players does something obviously scummy which Votato did.

His locking in Sleeper as obvtown so quick was also a bit suspicious and Raya had it right when she speculated that he had hard pocketed Sleeper. Why she switched her vote to Pooky confuses me, since no one had higher scum equity than Votato.

Pooky’s posts made this game a fun read though. :lol:

I might run this game myself but allow the pairs to actually choose each other before randing the alignments because how much you enjoy this game often depends on whom you get as a partner.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #909 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 896, Genghis Khan wrote:Drew, you were painfully obvtown to me; it's unbelievable how they treat our good cult leaders nowadays... just not right, I'm telling you. Thanks, Nancy, I thought that scumslip actually had good grounds! I like your new avatar.

Sorry about replacing out btw, was (and still am) overwhelmed with games.
Thank you, it’s Sutton Foster.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #913 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 908, beeboy wrote:
In post 905, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I might run this game myself but allow the pairs to actually choose each other before randing the alignments because how much you enjoy this game often depends on whom you get as a partner.
I'd prein to this or eventually steal your idea because this sounds amazing.
Could I run this as my first virgin game as a mod? If so, I could run it now.

I’ve played this game twice on MU.. Had an awesome partner first game and loved it. The second time I played, literally got 3 partners from hell and hated it.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #927 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 910, beeboy wrote:
In post 907, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 906, HoldenGolden wrote:Why not have a day 0 phase where one person is elected to choose who gets paired?
This would be something players during the day 0 phase vote for
This would be FakeGods dance setup with a few more steps and the day 0 phase is my least favorite part of that setup.
Ends up being townie people being shoved together then tin foiling each other.

I always found the best pairs to be the ones made in the pregame.
+1

Yes, my way is based more on partner compatibility. If people choose their partners pre-game, they can’t complain about that being a reason they didn’t enjoy the game. In FG’s dance game, you choose based only on availability, where as in my way, the only players who would need to do that are only the ones not yet paired up. So, you ideally pre-in with a partner. Any players left would have to choose from the list. Doing it pre-game also doesn’t unfairly influence the game as it would in a 0 phase where everyone has already been given an alignment.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #931 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 925, beeboy wrote:
In post 913, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 908, beeboy wrote:
In post 905, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I might run this game myself but allow the pairs to actually choose each other before randing the alignments because how much you enjoy this game often depends on whom you get as a partner.
I'd prein to this or eventually steal your idea because this sounds amazing.
Could I run this as my first virgin game as a mod? If so, I could run it now.

I’ve played this game twice on MU.. Had an awesome partner first game and loved it. The second time I played, literally got 3 partners from hell and hated it.
You need 1 game of modding experience in the open/normal queue to run a "themed"/micro game. Experience off site counts towards this number but you have to ask the list mod if your experience counts.
I have only previously backup modded but this isn’t a themed game, I just wondered if my fix would make that ineligible as a vigin game? I suppose I should ask Micc.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #950 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 944, votato wrote:Were you following closely because you're also a hectic alt, auro?
Hectic Cowbells. :P
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly