Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

In post 27, Porkens wrote:
In post 21, Redados wrote:20

I would not want the day to end so early! We have ten whole days of discussion where we can gather more information
2 votes isn’t close to day ending, and pressure promotes discussion. This is not a good reason to unvote. Why did you really unvote?
In post 24, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 20, Porkens wrote:VOTE: redados why do you care how many votes they have on them?
Why do you care about why he cares how many votes they have on them? :wink:
See above
In post 28, Redados wrote:Why do you care about why he cares about why...

I guess I want to know what the thread title is 2019 instead of 2020.
In post 31, Redados wrote:@Porkens - I stand by what I said!
Why is Rodados not answer what Porkens has asked? All he has done is avoid the question and changing the subject when pressured about it. I am new to the game and the website layout so I apologize in advance if I don't make sense sometimes.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

In post 55, Redados wrote:Re: N0bleNoob, my first vote was RVS to get things started. I didn't feel like being on a wagon so early in the day. I stand by that. Not avoiding the question, it's just that my response hasn't changed.

ItalianoVD, I was giving initial reads. I think it's fine to give reads, it's better than nothing and it's not harmful.

I picked Shelly because she was first on my list. Now that she's posting (seems like a time zone issue?), I will UNVOTE: Shelly and move my vote to VOTE: T-Bone.
Ok so you didn't want to be on a wagon so early in the day, why? You took your vote off of GeniusGamer we all know that, but why do you care about how many votes are on Genius?
VOTE: Redados
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

I do not think that Tbones vote is a serious one, most of what he has said seems in jest
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

I think that we have all agreed that we are out of the early period of random voting, everyone that votes from this point forward is voting for that person for a reason. Redados has said in the past that he did not like making a train so early in the game but now later on there is more information to process and breakdown to give a vote on. Porkens, even though Genius has speculated about why Redados has acted the way he has, it is just speculation, you are assuming that Genius is answering for Redados instead of just speculating about it.
The question is still open for Redados to answer.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

Tbone said. "uhhhh...why would you know the motivations of another player?

Seems like the logical conclusion to that would be "I know their motivations because we're scum together".

Where have I gone wrong?"
It is a logical conclusion, but you can assume the motivation of another by putting the pieces of the puzzle together. It does not mean that they are scum. The whole point of the game is to try to figure out the motivations of every player here is it not? Because figuring out the motivations of the player by their actions will lead you to whether they are scum or not.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

The only thing that I have seen Porkens do is openly investigate other players and controlling the conversation. Could it be that he is directing attention away from himself by controlling the topic instead of just observing?
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

In post 113, Porkens wrote:
In post 107, N0bleNoob wrote:The only thing that I have seen Porkens do is openly investigate other players and controlling the conversation. Could it be that he is directing attention away from himself by controlling the topic instead of just observing?
How can asking questions both control the conversation and divert attention from myself?
When you ask a question you are the investigator, the person you are questioning is the subject, the suspect, and the person you are investigating. Which makes the conversation about that person instead of you. You control the narrative of the conversion because you are the one that is making the other person defend themselves on your terms.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

That is how you are directing the conversations away from yourself.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

On the suspect, (aka the person you are asking) because they are the ones on the hotseat.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

In post 121, shellyc wrote:As the "investigator" you still get attention, you are the one pushing others. That isn't directing the conversation away imo. Also a mafia would not have motivation to investigate, they would rather defend themselves.
I mafia would not have the motivation to investigate, but what better way to defend yourself as mafia than play the part of the investigatory townsperson?
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:30 am

Post by N0bleNoob »

In post 134, Redados wrote:Some reads:

N0bleNoob - Trying to push people to gain information. Has pushed Porkens about pushing, but funnily enough is also doing a lot of pushing. Pushing is good because it’s how we find information.

GeniusGamer - Originally, his posts don’t have a lot of content. He was making light observations but not really saying anything or pushing anyone. He is talking more now, but he is clearly still finding his footing. I’m getting serious “new player” vibes.

Porkens - Still doing a lot of pushing and being aggressive. This feels like a viable day one strategy to get more information out in the open.
I am glad somebody actually saw what I was doing there. Essentially I was doing exactly what I was accusing Porkens about. I just wanted to see how he acted when HE was the one answering MY questions and not vice versa. Yes asking questions and being aggressive are part of the game and need to be done, I think there is a point where you can't read a player since he has been the one questioning all the others instead of nobody questioning him.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:30 am

Post by N0bleNoob »

In post 153, Redados wrote:152 - While I agree with your frustration, I think that your actions may have come across as hypocritical. Porkens is an SE. That doesn't mean his play is guaranteed to be good, but I think it means that he is more likely to be aware of what he is doing and using that strategy on purpose.

However, your reaction in questioning Porkens back isn't harmful, since more aggression and pushing is good for the game regardless. No harm no foul
I am not frustrated at anyone for any reason, I am sorry if I came across that way.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:17 am

Post by N0bleNoob »

In post 183, shellyc wrote:
In post 176, MiniMegabyte wrote:Better than you barely posting in the RVS. Yeah okay could be a Timezone thing but what if you wanted to see everyone else post first and then come in so you had a start on where to go? Seems a little sus to me. But anyway not saying you can’t vote me but I’m not voting you just because you voted me. Purely voting you because I feel in my gut that sometime isn’t right with you just seems off
It really is a timezone thing as Redados pointed out. What makes your gut feel like I'm scum (I'm curious)? Also, in post 121 I was saying that the scum would not have motivation to be the "investigator". You quoted post 121, so are you trying to point out that I'm
not
scum by being the "investigator" or what?
mafia would not have the motivation to investigate, but what better way to defend yourself as mafia than play the part of the investigatory townsperson?
This is still my rebuttal for that statement, it DOES NOT MATTER the motivations of what a scum would be, smart people would not play like scum so they would not be seen as scum.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:19 am

Post by N0bleNoob »

So far I have no reads for what role a person might have in the game as I am new to it I don't expect to have solid reads for a while.
My main suspects for now are those accusing others of being scum, it seems to me a good way to keep yourself from being seen as scum if you accuse others of being the same.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:35 am

Post by N0bleNoob »

In post 186, Redados wrote:
In post 185, N0bleNoob wrote: My main suspects for now are those accusing others of being scum, it seems to me a good way to keep yourself from being seen as scum if you accuse others of being the same.
By this logic, how do we find scum if we never accuse anyone of being scum? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say here
I think at this point in the game it would be very early to think that another person is scum, because of the early stage of the game there can be no built up evidence that supports any ones accusations.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:27 am

Post by N0bleNoob »

Tbone can you elaborate on that question? It does not make much sense to me.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #16) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

I think the votes and unvotes between Shelly and Megabyte are suspect, like, the reasons they have given for voting and unvoting each other a small and to me sound like a made up argument between two scums. Could they be scum and trying to throw us off the scent by making it look like they are against each other? And then of course unvoting each other at the same time almost.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

Sorry I have been inactive for quite a bit, starting new job with new hours and its been crazy.