Normal Game Balance

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Forum rules

Mini-normals are...

Strongly townsided
12%
Townsided
48%
Actually balanced
40%
Scumsided
No votes
Strongly scumsided
No votes

Total votes: 25

Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Isis »

Watchers are worse! (I'm not sure I can substantiate this logically, much like someone of my other opinions about closed setup design)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Isis »

What does "NB" mean?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 28, skitter30 wrote:While we're at it something that bugs me that is actually kinda common is when scum prs have very little relationship to town prs.
I occasionally float the idea of a universe where the scum always know the entire setup (not who the cop is, but that there's a cop) while town has to figure it out. For balance purposes if you adopted that scum would need less power, their massclaim claim quality would improve a lot. Symbolically having the scum play "informed minority" in an even broader sense of the idea seems attractive to me, but it might be a poison pill in a lot of ways I don't realize. I think it gets played with a bit, due to Mafia informed and some mafia informed variants getting more and more informative.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by Isis »

I think it's something that, even though it could be a role, maybe fits better as a "setting" anyway?
Like Daytalk y/n Inherently Multitasking scum y/n, scum have Informed: "setup" y/n .
It gives you slightly more design space for vanilla cops hitting goons, that way.

I know the entire setup has rarely been used with informed, but I could swear I've seen a couple normal setups where an informed modifier told the mafia the -really important- aspects of a setup, so that comes kind of close.

But yeah, it's something that's always intrigued me too!

pedit: pedit makes my post relevant I guess.
"Well, I..."