Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Ninetales »

I finished reading. The only person that sticks out to me is this one
In post 14, Paopao wrote:Oh yeah marcistar, it also appears like that for me. I am bit confused why it would say that under our names..!

I hope it isn't based on our roles.
The last line sounds a bit overly self aware.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 32, catboi wrote:I want to believe was a legitimate question from a town player with pure intentions, and not something an inexperienced player would come up with on the spot as a trick to try to get townread.
I feel like its entirely possible that someone that is not town also has a question like that in their first game. I think not understanding is just an indication that they're new and doesn't say anything about alignment.

I wouldn't have known if not for my experience from MU.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Ninetales »

For rvs, VOTE: marcistar
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 44, catboi wrote:Why not vote paopao if his line seemed overly self aware to you?
Besides being a scum, there's is another possibility.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 49, marcistar wrote:i dont get why you point something out but then say theres multiple possibilites...

im so confused lol can someone explain the possibilities?
No.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 46, Paopao wrote:Why wouldn't you vote me, if you think I'm scum?
Where did I ever say this?
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 49, marcistar wrote:i dont get why you point something out but then say theres multiple possibilites...
why not? I never even said that one thing I pointed out had to be scum indicative anyways.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 55, Paopao wrote:This is implying that I am scum..? As catboi wrote "Why not vote paopao"
Does it matter what catboi said? I am not catboi and I didn't call you scum.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 54, Paopao wrote:Could you explain why
No. We can come back to this in a few days if we want to. Maybe day 2 or 3.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 62, Paopao wrote:Why can't we discuss today?
Because its a bad idea.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 63, marcistar wrote:its okay ninetails i trust you'll do the townie thing.
Why is that?
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 73, LoneMarkhor wrote:Marcistar is acting like she's never played mafia before,even though she said that she had played it before.
why say this then vote someone else.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 67, Chumbo wrote:
In post 45, Ninetales wrote:
In post 44, catboi wrote:Why not vote paopao if his line seemed overly self aware to you?
Besides being a scum, there's is another possibility.
Why bring the self-awareness thing up to begin with if you don't think it is coming from scum? Town shouldn't really talk about this to begin with, so it's making me think that you might be thinking with a mafia-aligned mindset.
I think it could come from scum but there are other possibilities involving lack of experience and other stuff.
I point it out bc it is generally scummy.

However, I find marcistar far more scummy. I feel too much noob scum eagerness.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 85, catboi wrote:Anyway, my belief in marci-town is reaffirmed, I absolutely think she's a poor vote.
I have a really hard time seeing this. Too much Appeal to emotion and in a very defeatist way.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #15) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 89, Paopao wrote:Suses me, but votes marcistar
I already explained this multiple times. Are you just going to continue repeating this?
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #16) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Ninetales »

In post 91, catboi wrote:Townies appeal to emotion and get defeatist all the time. I find the statements from her far more likely to be defeatist newb-town than scum. You say you've played on MU but never seen a town player act defeatist?
I have but I find for newbies, scum do this more.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Ninetales »

For the last time.

I noticed something strange from pao. I pointed it out because it is strange but considering this is a newbie game, I merely pointed it out for future reference. I never specifically called pao scum because I kept that in mind.

Then I voted someone else.

There is nothing wrong with what I did and repeatedly suggesting that there is something so terribly wrong with it is extremely annoying considering I have explained it multiple times.

The part that I'm unwilling to say doesn't really have much to do with anything because I never specifically "sussed" you in the first place.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 110, Pickles wrote:Okay so I’m doing read according to post order.
Starting with who posted first progressively until last.
It’s pretty sweet how you can use the ISO on this site.
Far more mainstreamed than my normal site.
We’ve gotta go back to the OP for ISOs there..

Read legend-
Town Lean

NULL/mixed

Scum Lean

Reads so far

muh316
- They feel natural entering the thread. They pointed out a contradiction about how many games marc has played, this felt town motivated to me. I don’t believe the contradiction from marc was AI though, because they’ve played Discord Mafia which is a different type of Mafia (more fast paced). I really enjoyed most of the posts from muh316, they’re attempting to game solve and scum hunt. They also don’t want a quick vote to happen which makes me feel they would like to progress discussion further rather than shorten the day.

marcistar
- I felt like the post everyone is disagreeing about (#12) would be more indicative of town. The people who are SRing that post, do you believe marc was trying to get easy town cred? The worst the post would be is NAI because marc is new to the site. I just don’t see a scum even saying something like they did. Something I liked was their response to the question Chumbo asked about hammer with time left in day. That response felt very town sided as far as thought process. When Ninetales showed up, I felt like marc was as confused as their friend pao and decided to voice that. It’s doubtful that’s going to come from a newb scum as they would just let it play out rather than draw attention. Next they tried to explain to Nine that they hope Nine becomes more townie, and I agree they haven’t been yet. All of these post felt very townie to me, and the following AtE could come from any alignment if we’re gonna be technical. Especially since there’s no way to gauge meta of new players.

catboi
- First post feels natural, but they’re SE so it should? Didn’t really like their opinion on NotMafia, mostly because I just disagree with an SE playing the way that NotMaf is playing as it’s not beneficial in teaching newer players the game. But I did like their next post about marc, I vibed with those feelings (shown above in marc read). The interrogation of Chumbo felt like it came from town perspective and I agreed with the reasoning against Chumbo flipping their stance so suddenly/opportunistically. This feels like they’re attempting to catch people acting out of the ordinary. They also voiced not wanting a quick vote to happen which indicated they would like day to continue for discussion. It’s honestly very early to be reaching a hammer. Also really liked post in response to pao, they encourage pao to push on SRs and analyze the game which could only push the game forward. Side note- I do want to keep an eye on them though because of the possibility (tinfoil) WK because of TMI if marc is town.

Paopao
- When they posted their confusion about town/scum under names, it felt identical to the way marc did it. So for me it felt townie and at worst NAI. They seemed to share a genuine confusion and concern about their inquiry. I personally also like their question to Ninetales about their vote. It felt genuine and in search of explanation for reasoning behind a vote that would have felt more natural on Paopao than marc. Why would scum ever draw attention to
not
being voted??? Them asking Nine would come from a more townie perspective than scum. If they were scum wouldn’t they just not care that Nine voted marc instead of them? Pao as scum could have just ignored that rather than asking why the vote wasn’t for them instead. Ah, now I’ve reached the point in their ISO that pinged as slightly scummy. All of a sudden, Pao is now SRing marc during post with absolutely no reasoning provided and not having SR marc prior. It almost felt like they just wanted to divert the attention off themselves and onto others (NotMaf/Nine/marc/catboi) which would be something scum has motivation to do. And this post came after a vote on Ninetales and was in response to LoneMarkhor voting NotMaf and SRing marc. This felt like it came at a convenient time for scum to make that play rather than from a townie trying to help out. Posts and in response to catboi felt like they were acknowledging their vote on marc was sheeping other people’s opinions and had very circular logic.I’ll have to keep trying to read those posts because they didn’t feel right. For all the mixed reasons, pao is null for now.

Not_Mafia
- They only have four very un-useful posts. As an SE I would expect a little more effort. I would just keep them at NULL but I don’t like that they’re not appearing to help town. They’re in the position of slight power by having more experience and they aren’t using it. I would like to see some content from them soon. Or I’ll assume they’re expecting newb players to just let them slide by with zero effort and that’s probably NAI, but it could also be opportunistic scum.

Chumbo
- They enter thread with a joke and then appeared to agree with catboi about post during post which also contained the question about hammering early. I’m not sure if the question itself can be viewed as AI or not, but answered could be. So I’ll count this as town motivated for now because it’s analyzing what other players mindsets are. Their next post seemed to have a town perspective trying to gauge where Ninetales was coming from, but this could also be viewed as slight shade against Ninetales. When I first read their following posts about marc, I originally agreed with catboi about them, because it seemed they flipped their opinion very easily. But upon a second glance, they gave solid reasoning and had never actually TR marc and now has said they didn’t count it as a town slip from marc in the way that catboi did. So because I have reasons for feeling both alignments are possible here, I’m gonna keep this slot NULL for now.
In post 112, Pickles wrote:
Last Two Reads

LoneMarkhor
- They joked around a lot early game, possibly nervous, possibly meming. The first post that felt real was which felt like another townie trying to keep discussion alive longer than a couple IRL days for day one. Post and felt kind of strange and off putting with them saying in the first post that NotMaf is scum with marc ignoring that fact so they’re partners. Then in the same post saying marc and pao are more likely partners for reasons they also don’t know. Then in the next post they backtrack and say marc is likely newb town which could be as a fallback for when she flips town. Possible TMI. Then claims if you’re town you would know what Ninetales was hinting and that you shouldn’t press the matter. Then goes on to describe it had to do with roll fishing. Now, I’ve played a lot of games off site and I had NO IDEA it started as a roll fishing situation because no town power roles were even mentioned. Just town/scum. I was as confused about what Nine was implying as marc and pao were, I just wasn’t here to comment on it. I don’t like these vibes right now so I’m gonna go with gut here.

Ninetales
- The progression they don’t have really hurts my head. They seem to be all over the place as soon as they arrive. Very chaotic. They SR pao and think marc is NAI, but vote marc saying it’s a RVS vote. Then as things progress, they’re vote becomes a legit one with SR on marc for unknown reasons? Then they backtrack on the SR for pao and claim they never said they actually SR them just made observation. The whole ISO is very fence sitting, can’t actually make any true opinions. I haven’t seen anything that indicates town from their posts. I’ll go as far as to say this is my highest SR currently.
This feels extremely fake and try hard for page 5. If this is normal here, feel free to ignore me but I have never seen such detailed reads on page 5 and just a single glance at them makes me feel like they are forced.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (isolation #19) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Ninetales »

In post 120, Pickles wrote:Alright well if you think my reads are fake then I’m not gonna play on this site.
Because why bother?
In post 122, Pickles wrote:And posting reads is something we do on ToS forums if we’re stuck.
Sorry for even bothering here.
It took me longer than it was worth if nobody appreciated it.
Why are you so defensive?
In post 123, Not_Mafia wrote:Readslists are a normal thing
I agree but ones that are this detailed this early in the game I haven't seen before and they do feel forced to some extent. Perhaps this killer level of effort is normal here since three people are posting huge blocks of text already.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Ninetales »

In post 127, Pickles wrote:My reasoning for the vote is there attached to it.
His reaction to my SR on him seemed to be shading me.
He called my reads fake, when I worked very hard on them.
The reads are my thought process while ISO diving each player.
What other reasoning does Nine have to call them fake?
The only reason I can see is to make other players feel that way too.
Which means he is shading me to seem like my reads aren’t real.
This feels very scum motivated.
Pay attention to pronouns please.

I didn't shade you. The reason why I dislike your post is because the effort is through the roof and we are only on page 5.

Pao and Marci are posting huge blocks of text as well but from what I can tell they aren't really that reads related(they were arguments) whereas yours were completely reads.

I feel like that much effort in a reads list on page 5 is fake.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Ninetales »

In post 130, Pickles wrote:Corrected in quote, apologies for mistake.

I’m upset because I feel like I wasted my time last night.
I didn’t know how else to read people besides making reads.
I’m this high effort wherever I play, I have no idea how it is here.
Would you like me to link you to my other forum?
There’s been AI content rather than fluff + spam.
Shouldn’t we all have decent reads on people by now?
And the fact that you think my reads are fake is definitely shade.
You also say the effort is through the roof, yet they’re fake.
From my experience, fake reads have very little evidence to back them up.
I provided my entire thought process during my reads.
Are you suggestions my thoughts process is faked?
No problem.

Personally, not to be rude, I do think you've wasted your time but kudos for having the heart to effort like that at all.
I say they are fake because they are too early and too much effort.
Generally I never see reads like this on MU because of the short deadlines but relatively long reads come later in the game, definitely not day 1.
I'll try to be open about it but I definitely still dislike them a fair amount.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #22) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Ninetales »

In post 133, LoneMarkhor wrote:I don't feel pickles readlist is forced.Idk if readlists on pg 5 are normal but it isn't scummy.It just looks like HIS readlist.Ninetales what looks forced to you?
I don't think they are normal and that's what I mean by forced but perhaps the word choice was bad. Performative is definitely a better word for this.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:00 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 136, Pickles wrote:The reads list was the only way I knew how to condense my thoughts about each player.
I’m used to playing a more fast paced game style where I’m from.
Day one alone could have well over 20 pages of posts.
And days only last 72 hours on average (3 days IRL) with nights lasting 24 hours.
Whereas here on MS, it’s slow paced, Day one only has 6 pages so far and extremely long days.
Since people were posting serious content, I felt like diving every ISO.
And the fact that it’s easy to ISO read here was enjoyable to me.
Maybe I’m not made to play on this site and I should stick to where I’m from.
I’m town, so I hope you don’t kill me based on me trying too hard.
I wanted to make the best early reads that I could.
I explained my thought process and gave valid reasons for my reads.
I’m aware it’s early game so my reads are probably wrong.
But that doesn’t make them fake or forced.
Nobody asked me for reads, there’s no reason for them to be forced.
And the effort put in shows they’re not fake.
We should move on I guess, if nobody agreed with the reads, that’s okay.
I'm sorry you feel this way about what I said. I didn't mean it as an insult.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 151, LoneMarkhor wrote:There is still a good chance of catching scum at random from SEs.
I don't understand where this comes from.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (isolation #25) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 155, marcistar wrote:
In post 154, Chumbo wrote:
In post 153, marcistar wrote:do scum usually do that here?
Activity definitely doesn't help scum, I definitely don't think they would try to be active unless necessary.
ahh..
I don't know how scum would act on here, but isnt inactives usually seen as more sus? I don't think both scum would be doing
super
inactive style.. one would have to talk a bit more in able blend in..
I do agree with this statement quite a lot.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:20 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 159, LoneMarkhor wrote:Ninetails because she posted a lot but not now.Also her posts make accusations which I think are weird not true.
I didn't log on a single time yesterday so yes, generally I won't be able post without even visiting mafiascum.net.

I've gathered as much. No one here has followed my thought process. Rather than calling it weird, pointing out where you got lost is much more helpful for me.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (isolation #27) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Ninetales »

I don't have much to work off of here but I'm going to just ask everyone for a readslist and we can try to work from there. No explanations needed. I think others can ask and that way we'll generate some discussion.

Loosely, my reads look something like this right now:

Town: Pao Pao, Pickles
Still sorting: NotMafia, Muh, LoneMarkhor, Chumbo
Scum: Catboi, Marcistar

Come ask me why Pickles is now a townread.
Come argue with me about one of my nulls.
Come ask me why I think catboi is scum.
Come ask me why my marcistar read hasn't budged.

Discussion!
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #28) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Ninetales »

In post 169, marcistar wrote:I- I know i'm beautiful ninetales but this is so so much. Lets just... <3 all love no hate
I'm not sure what you mean. This has nothing to do with how pretty you are, love, or hate.

In post 169, marcistar wrote:Can I ask for you to explain every single one of these? (you said they arent needed but..) I think reads without explanation aren't really useful at all.
I said I wanted people to ask me to generate more engagement and discussion. Yes you may ask me but I'd prefer specific questions not just "explain everything please"
In post 169, marcistar wrote:Have you townread Pao through this whole game so far..? Why, you aren't sure how he usually acts.. so why so much trust in him? I don't see you talking bad about him at all..
My townread on him is actually mostly based on my scum read on you. I felt like you were interacting an awful lot with them which could be a potential pocket.

Interactions with Pao:

Spoiler:
In post 13, marcistar wrote:my days going good, hows ur day going?
In post 59, marcistar wrote:
i think maybe this is just some experienced forum players stuff pao, we should go back to tos
:cry:
In post 96, marcistar wrote:I also do wonder tho, why is catboi scum in any scenario of my flip to you
pao
? That looks like a bit of tunneling tbh.. you know, the thing you hate about the other mafia game we play together?
In post 169, marcistar wrote:If you scumread catboi, why is chumbo just a null? isn't catbois vote on him? wouldn't having a read on catboi be enough to be able to make a bit of a read on chumbo or is that too hard to do??
Scums can scumread or townread anyone they want to and I do not think my scum read's read on someone else has to affect my own read on that other person.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #29) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Ninetales »

VOTE: Marcistar

My scum read on Marcistar is the strongest. Here are my reasons:

1) They have a lot of useless and contentless posts also excess amount of emojis(not sure if this actually means anything but I thought I'd mention it). I couldn't post this post because it went over the maximum number of emojis. I had to delete half of them and half of them were these : :cry: . This ties in to point 4) a little bit.
2) They have a lot of confusion that feels over. They seem so confused that I feel the confusion is fake. (I didn't include the confusion at the beginning about votes and titles but I also felt those were a little over but they seemed not terrible since Marcistar is new)
3) slight pocketing. they do this to nearly everyone.
4) They keep saying "just vote me"
I think of this as a form of guilt tripping.
5) They have no clear stances. mostly just "think person could be scum"

Inside the spoiler is the case. Outside of the spoiler was a summary.

Spoiler:
In post 20, marcistar wrote:cats are cute tho
1) They have a lot of useless and contentless posts also excess amount of emojis(not sure if this actually means anything but I thought I'd mention it). I couldn't post this post because it went over the maximum number of emojis. I had to delete half of them.
In post 35, marcistar wrote:
In post 21, Pickles wrote:So I’m just gonna throw this out there-
One of our SE players is acting Jester instead of helpful.
I’m not sure if that’s normal around here but...?
this confuses me :cry: pickles sounds a bit unsure here.. is this a serious vote? the ...? makes it sound accusing and unsure but like, in a way that they could easily back down from that if they get challenged on it.
2) They have a lot of confusion that feels over. They seem so confused that I feel the confusion is fake. (I didn't include the confusion at the beginning about votes and titles but I also felt those were a little over but they seemed not terrible since Marcistar is new)
In post 48, marcistar wrote:im so confused? i dont see any other possibilities.. am i just dumb :neutral:
Point 2) again.

im so confused lol can someone explain the possibilities?
Point 2) once again.
In post 63, marcistar wrote:the only thing i can possibly think of is role stuff maybe... but it hasnt been night phase yet... i think they're just on a different level then me :-(

its okay ninetails i trust
you'll do the townie thing.
:oops:
3) slight pocketing. they do this to nearly everyone.
Also some of that 2) confusion here as well.
In post 66, marcistar wrote:
i dont understand you your so confusing :cry:

what i meant with that is... assuming your town, shouldn't you do the townie thing..? so i trust that you will
because if you dont thats very scumish

:mrgreen:

i hope your reason for ignoring the questions is good otherwise thats kinda a bit sus tbh
More of 2) and 3)
In post 78, marcistar wrote: :D its okay if you guys want to vote me out tho, i understand it.
4) They keep saying "just vote me"
I think of this as a form of guilt tripping.
In post 79, marcistar wrote:i really just didnt understand what ninetales was saying, but if me not understanding something and asking about it seems scummy to u guys just vote me out.
4) again.
In post 96, marcistar wrote:So i'm nearly dead?? :cry:

Thats okay guys, i wouldn't expect any less :oops: im such an easy vote for everybody to make!!! :P love the easy bandwagon some people are doing here :roll:
More of 4)
this one also includes shade.
In post 96, marcistar wrote:Tbh, I still sus
ninetales
alot.. they mentioned pao earlier but didnt really expand on it from what i could see, and then didnt want to explain at all. usually from the games i've played in the past you dont mention stuff unless you want it to be talked about or you
have an ulterior goal in mind.
I feel like the pao comment was unnecessary to make at that point, but they probably did get what they were looking for. (they probably wanted reactions).
Because of pao being my friend, i went in with him when he started questioning it but it seems like it just made me look super scummy for some reason to you all. it feels like it could've at that time just been filler content to appear to be here and engaging, but tbh.. it blew up so much (why is there no heart eyes emoji on here :cry: :)
More of 4)
In post 96, marcistar wrote:I also do wonder tho, why is catboi scum in any scenario of my flip to you
pao
? That looks like a bit of tunneling tbh.. you know, the thing you hate about the other mafia game we play together?

I also feel like
lonemarkhor
is coasting quite a bit at this point of the game. It's fine if you're busy, but you really just seem to be taking the easy way out with this bandwagon. What thoughts would you have if i flip scum, and what if i flip town? I wonder that right now about you.. You should give more content :P if you can only think of a popular topic such as me to make reads about, are you really helping town at all?

catboi
I can't really think up thoughts about right now, since hes kinda defending me. But if I were to live I would be kinda.. like not scumread him but, be wary of his plays. :roll: I don't wanna be pocketed by a potential scum..

Only thoughts on a few people :cry:
5) no clear stances. mostly just "think person could be scum"
In post 96, marcistar wrote:
In post 73, LoneMarkhor wrote:Marcistar is acting like she's never played mafia before,even though she said that she had played it before.
I have played mafia before, but never really in such a forum format.. all of the quotes and stuff on the forums here is very new to me. I hope im quoting not useless things here.

Why does everyone think im overplaying the newbie strat?
I just genuinely didnt know what ninetales cryptic thing about pao was meant to be.

I want to move my practice vote of catboi to an actual vote on lonemarkhor rn.. praying i format it right VOTE: lonemarkhor
Even though I sus ninetales quite a bit more then lonemarkhor, I think their lack of content and only commenting on the popular bandwagon is very sus and something i want to pressure vote right now instead of going at my big scumread. I don't mind if you vote me, but please give some other reads.. it looks very bad if you only do the popular shit, to me at least. You don't have many juicy discussion posts that I can remember... tho that might just be my bad memory in play rn.. I tried to look back, but I can't find much..
:cry: :cry:
Kind of 5) with some of 4) thrown in.
In post 157, marcistar wrote:
In post 156, Chumbo wrote:I agree, but with most of the town being inactive as well it makes it easier for scum to blend in as inactive I think.
maybe this game just isnt interesting enough LOL lets spice it up guys :P :cool: :D :lol:

i think sometimes people open stuff and then ignore it if something doesnt interest them, so maybe we need some beeg reads in here :P
Wanted to note that there wasn't a follow up on this and they did not even provide a naked reads list.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (isolation #30) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Ninetales »

I just found a few typos. Sorry about that but it should be understandable what I am saying.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #31) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Ninetales »

It feels to me like scum trying to make me look bad here so that I don't get to lead a wagon on your buddy but I know I'm stepping into uncertain tunnels here that I should avoid or at least try to avoid.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #32) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Ninetales »

If you dislike my case on Marcistar, please point out why. I spent a decent amount of time on it and a "These reasons are dumb" followed by a vote really don't cut it.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Ninetales »

In post 179, LoneMarkhor wrote:
In post 164, Ninetales wrote:
In post 159, LoneMarkhor wrote:Ninetails because she posted a lot but not now.Also her posts make accusations which I think are weird not true.
I didn't log on a single time yesterday so yes, generally I won't be able post without even visiting mafiascum.net.

I've gathered as much. No one here has followed my thought process. Rather than calling it weird, pointing out where you got lost is much more helpful for me.
By weird I meant your scumreads on marcistar and catboi.As you have presented your case I'll say that I also sometimes feel like she's the scum but I still think that she's just newbie town because its a newbie game right. If she's the scum then her partner would be catboi as the reason why I think he's town is that if he was scum he would have have rather hammered her to seem town but instead defended her.
This logic is a mess.
In post 181, LoneMarkhor wrote:Catboi could be scum if marcistar was also scum.But right now I think its ninetails and pao .
VOTE: ninetails
I thought pickles was likely town because of his reaction when nine tails scumreaded his readlist but I'll have to read again on pickles.
This really just makes zero sense. You just said Marcistar and catboi was impossible because apparently catboi would've hammered his partner instead of defending her on day 1. Here you say scum is either those two or pao and I. Where is the logic behind any of your posts?
In post 183, Chumbo wrote:
In post 168, Ninetales wrote:Come ask me why Pickles is now a townread.
Come argue with me about one of my nulls.
Come ask me why I think catboi is scum.
Come ask me why my marcistar read hasn't budged.
Why do you think catboi is scum? Also, why did your pickles read flip?
Good questions! I'll present a few quotes from catboi that I particularly disliked.

Here they are:

Spoiler:
In post 165, catboi wrote:I hadn't put a ton of thought into everyone else, was in a bit of a wait and see mode, but clearly that's not working, the game is slow, so I need to rethink my approach.
In post 165, catboi wrote:I'm going to try to look for a new angle on things, I just need to wake up first.
In post 173, catboi wrote:FWIW this game is unusually slow, even for a newbie game. Games in other queues move faster. Ill try to post more though.
In post 175, catboi wrote:(sorry for the triple post, my thinking is just disorganized, but I'm going to try to be more active.
In post 185, catboi wrote:._. I feel bad, because I don't want the game to be boring, I want it to be fun so that people want to stay, but I don't know how to inspire activity, both of our SEs are frankly big-time lurkers and paopao has gone offline and is likely to be replaced. I suppose I haven't been doing as much as I could, or should. I used to play more analytically, but it's been a long time since I've done that. I'll try to go over everything with a fine-toothed comb to see what I can find.

Summed up, I think there are too many excuses and promises. This is truly the self awareness that I think is definitely scum indicative.

Pickles flipped because I believe he was genuinely upset and scum doesn't ever get that upset.
In post 190, donkihott wrote:Hey everyone, sorry to blow your reads but you gotta restart your thinking about pao pao. Don't transfer your grudges (if u had one) over me haha. It might hurt you but I define as lurker myself soo idk maybe we're too much in this game.
I like not-mafia's playstyle so far ahah I wish he is town and survives as long as possible to see how he plays.
I'm almost dismissing my thoughts of marci/catboi being the duo scum, I'd expect some distancing from a SE. However.. I still cringe when reading marci's AtE VOTE: marcistar
I have to say this looks really bad.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Ninetales »

In post 195, marcistar wrote:
In post 190, donkihott wrote:Hey everyone, sorry to blow your reads but you gotta restart your thinking about pao pao. Don't transfer your grudges (if u had one) over me haha. It might hurt you but I define as lurker myself soo idk maybe we're too much in this game.
I like not-mafia's playstyle so far ahah I wish he is town and survives as long as possible to see how he plays.
I'm almost dismissing my thoughts of marci/catboi being the duo scum, I'd expect some distancing from a SE. However.. I still cringe when reading marci's AtE VOTE: marcistar
whats an ate?
You clearly read my read on you. Please reply to it.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (isolation #35) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Ninetales »

In post 198, LoneMarkhor wrote:Ninetails : All my posts are a mess. My logic behind the post was that Catboi,Marci was less likely but I meant it was possible.
I dislike this but I have stronger reasons to scum read other players so I will leave this be for now.
In post 202, LoneMarkhor wrote:Ah! :mad:
Its either {marci, catboi} or {ninetails, donki}. That is not including not_mafia. Donkihott supporting ninetails seems suspicious but catboi recently has been more suspicious with his hollow posts. That looks like he is just waiting for night to come not scumhunting.Plus marcistar's posts also sometimes look like that filled with only emotions an emojis. Night is almost to come so we must choose a person to eliminate which means scum get a free kill.
You really do like going wherever consensus goes. So much that I think you are just town that doesn't know at all what you're doing.
In post 212, marcistar wrote:
*delete*

If you want tho I can mention something else that I feel like was weird...
Im not going to reply to any of this but I want to say it looks so terrible that she is suddenly going even more crazy with the emojis. She's trying really hard to make it seem like she doesn't care if there are many emojis and that it is normal. Guilty conscience.

Also what in the world is that red text supposed to mean? Is that a threat?
In post 213, Chumbo wrote:
In post 210, catboi wrote:
In post 201, Chumbo wrote:Really? What about marci's AtE isn't cringe? A little is fine, but damn...
Why are you answering for him when he wouldn't answer himself? What
actual issues
do you have with her emotional appeals and
why is it scummy
? I can tell you town players use appeals to emotion all the time. It's not a scumtell, especially from someone who's know. AtE is a buzzword, you're not making any actual connection to how it makes her scum.
In post 201, Chumbo wrote:Most of the posting he does is either answering questions about how the game is played or dismantling other players reads. I think it is coming from a scum viewpoint.
So tell me: why is disagreeing with the reads of others scummy? Why can't I be town expressing legitimate disagreement? Why, as mafia, does it benefit me to simply disagree with every scumread someone else expresses? This is nonsensical.
I have issues with how much it's happening. Overall I don't think it's AI most of the time, but when every time she has someone scumread her, she does AtE instead of explaining/answering what the scumread is about, I get suspicious. Everything is a buzzword to you.

As for you, disagreeing with reads is fine but that's all you've been doing. I see it as potentially manipulating town into doubt. I see it benefiting you as a way to post that doesn't require much work, but could potentially make you look townie to people. I don't see much trying to figure out who's town. Also, I feel that your votes are lazy. You voted Ninetails because of her reasoning for thinking marci was scum, which I don't see how you saw as scum-aligned and wasn't a bad post IMO. You also voted donki saying you were suspicious of Paopao, but you never actually stated any suspicions on the slot before then.
I really like your perspective on the game and am willing to TR you for these similar views to my own.
In post 220, marcistar wrote:
idk guys... this just feels weird but

&
i didn't know what to think of these at first, i liked them yeah.. but the more I think about it, the more that I feel like (i hope this isnt offensive, but idk how to explain it other then this) that the reads aren't 100% original.
like they give me thoughts that.. like really similar to somebody elses reads but i cant tell who.. :oops: :oops:

OOO DOES IT DO THE CLICKY THINGY THANK YOU NOTMAFIA <<<<<3

thats the vibes i get, but idk if its stupid or whatever but... i wanna mention it :oops:
Starting to scum read pickles looks like shifting attention here big time.

I'm pretty confident the scum team is just marcistar/catboi but it is day 1 so I am open to reassessment and things of that sort.
For now, I'm going to actually VOTE: Catboi

The reason is that I think Marcistar is very obvious scum that is inexperienced, posting a lot, and basically scum claiming in every post.
Catboi however has the potential of wriggling out of our grasp and changing parts of his play to get townreads. I believe catboi is a much bigger threat and should be the preferred elimination today.

His approach on me has been extremely bad. Everything I say, he manages to shade and discredit by calling it bad and voting me. Even if he doesn't go point by point and refute it, he is making my opinions less important by publicly voicing a scum read right after I present reads.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by Ninetales »

I think the entire scum team is just 2 out of Catboi, Marcistar, Lonemarkhor, and donkihott.
If any of my original scum team is wrong, I would maybe say perhaps Marcistar is just that performative even as town. But I think catboi is not new and has no excuse to play this poorly.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (isolation #37) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:36 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 248, muh316 wrote:
In post 246, LoneMarkhor wrote::twisted: I am a goon :cool:
I know I was a townread but masons thing made me scummy.
I don't really know what to make of this...
scumslip?
I doubt its a scumslip. I think Lonemarkhor's just town here. His actions are way to scummy for him to have a buddy in the pt.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (isolation #38) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Ninetales »

There are two days left. We would benefit from a claim from catboi because we would need to immediately switch off if he is a pr. Given the low activity levels, I think we need a claim from catboi right now to make sure we can definitely get a day 1 elimination.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (isolation #39) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:03 am

Post by Ninetales »

Marcistar, Pickles, Muh someone please declare intent.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #498 (isolation #40) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:40 am

Post by Ninetales »

Sorry life got busy and I only got to check in a few times during the last day phase nearing the end. I've seen the flip and I'm very glad we hit scum on day 1 because that greatly lowers the chances of scum winning. I'm not done reading all of yesterday's end but just looking at the wagon alone, Marcistar looks really good and catboi looks terrible. I'll finish reading everything today.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #509 (isolation #41) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Ninetales »

I'm finished reading and will share all of my reads tomorrow.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #514 (isolation #42) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Ninetales »

Ok here is where I start the formal replying catch up.
In post 290, catboi wrote:Also, Lone flipping mafia would tell us just as much, wouldn't it? Like, in the hypothetical world where he flips mafia, I'd clear marci, pickles, and muh. I'm not sure that world is likely, but claiming you get "better info" from killing me IF I flip scum is just totally biased.
I overlooked this before but it definitely isn't great that Catboi has posts like this saying Lone is scum but then when Lone's wagon actually got big, he leaves it.
In post 294, LoneMarkhor wrote:If catboi flipped town I'll go for donkihott or ninetales or not_mafia(less evidence that chumbo is scum) but hopefully we won't need that and I am confident catboi is scum.
This is coming from scum. I'm actually going to straight off the bat say that Donki, Notmafia, Catboi, and Chumbo are town. This seems like he is setting up townies on a town flip and he wouldn't do that if catboi actually flips scum right? Because if Catboi flipped scum, he wouldn't be able to plausibly push these people.
In post 302, catboi wrote:VOTE: LoneMarkhor

self-preservation vote. I don't have much to say at this point. Please no one hammer me until I have a chance to claim and give final reads.
In post 305, catboi wrote:I'll reiterate I don't really find you scummy even if I have some doubts, I just know I'm town so any other option is better.
I can see this coming from town.
In post 315, borkjerfkin wrote:
Votecount 1.7
[4] catboi (Chumbo, LoneMarkhor, Ninetales, donkihott)
[4] LoneMarkhor (marcistar, Pickles, muh316, catboi)
[1] donkihott (Not_Mafia)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to eliminate.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2021-01-06 10:30:00)
I really want to say that the reason catboi didn't get hammered is because both scum were on him but if donki isn't scum, I cannot see chumbo as scum here.
In post 322, catboi wrote:final reads for if I'm hammered:

Town reads:
marcistar
Not_Mafia (I would assume as mafia he'd just hammer one of us rather than post about donkihott)
LoneMarkhor (I know I'm voting him for self-presevation but really don't find him scummy and hate that I've been forced into this.

I have a very weak townlean on Pickles. I wouldn't carry that to the bank because I don't like the fact that he complained about the pace of the game and then when activity picked up he stopped playing the game, but it might be something to do with not being able to adapt to the pace of games here.

Scum reads:
donkihott
chumbo
ninetales
muh316

donki and ninetales are never together. I would get donki first. If he's scum, get chumbo after that. Ninetales frustrates me a lot because she does rude crap like accusing me of playing badly for disagreeing with her and trying to urge people to hammer me but it felt like there was some things that could be from town, like her suggesting paopao with the self-awareness thing might be a PR but not wanting to out it. BUT if donkihott flips town, Ninetales should be first to go on day 3. Don't buy into whatever excuses she makes.

muh I'm just really not sure on because I haven't really liked what he's been posting and his reads seemed to shift with popular opinion but gut says he might be stubborn town.

Again this is really frustratin because I feel like I've been having to defend myself from completely dishonest attacks and It's not easy for me to read people this way.
If you're town, make a bigger effort to work with me. There is no way I see my partner dying yesterday and just space out. Sure I was busy but I checked on a little bit and would've got some words in if my partner was dying.
In post 324, catboi wrote:for reference, here's a game that just finished where Not_Mafia voted all 3 members of the mafia on day 1: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85197

So listen to him about donkihott tomorrow.
This is super hypocritical. Don't use Notmafia to back up your reads if you won't back up all of his main reads. Notmafia says I am town but you say no because you disagree but when he says someone you scumread is scum, you say we need to listen to him.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #515 (isolation #43) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 337, muh316 wrote:
In post 335, catboi wrote:Inmteresting, I'm reading and I see you going on with similar taunting but it's all directed at your partner as distancing.
Who's the partner in this case?
This is almost confirmed town for not switching wagons and hammering catboi. Important for me to note this.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #516 (isolation #44) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 418, Chumbo wrote:I don't feel as confident about catboi with him not being willing to vote Lone to save himself. Donki seems town to me though. While Lone is only a soft scumread, I think he may be the best option since I'm not confident about catboi anymore.

VOTE: LoneMarkhor
This is even more confirmed town.

Strongest town reads: Chumbo, Muh.
Medium town reads: Marcistar and NotMafia(they never moved over to catboi even when they had the chance), Catboi(I think Lone was tmi'ing that catboi was town)
To be sorted: The rest.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (isolation #45) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 422, donkihott wrote:Hearing your moans doesnt't touch me
VOTE: LoneMarkhor
Let the night begin
Im sure that Lone was already dead by this point so this looks really bad.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #518 (isolation #46) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Ninetales »

Since pickles is dead, the most reasonable vote here is just VOTE: Donki
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #519 (isolation #47) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Ninetales »

If Donki is wrong, then something went totally wrong this game and I have to look into the burst of activity starting today.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #540 (isolation #48) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:08 am

Post by Ninetales »

There is no reason that I as scum here would townread this many people. If I am scum, my buddy just died and I must miselim a ton of townies. Now would not be the time to be handing town passes to everyone.

I am Vanilla town. Donkihott is also at E-1 and intent has been declared and honestly, he should've claimed before me. But either way, that doesn't matter too much.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #546 (isolation #49) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 542, donkihott wrote:Idk who declared intent, you can tell me at the twilight phase tho VOTE: Ninetales
What in the world ... lol?
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #547 (isolation #50) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Ninetales »

Donki is probably scum here.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (isolation #51) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Ninetales »

Elim him tomorrow.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #631 (isolation #52) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Ninetales »

Good game. Sorry I was completely off base!