Newbie 2059 - Scummer's Baking Championship (Baked Over)

Forum rules
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1265 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:16 am

Post by catboi »

Hai~ (。・ω・)ノ゙

I've only really skimmed people off the flip, apologies for being lazy but I figured catching up on everything right away wouldn't be necessary. What I got off the flip was JV and T3 are hard town, and skitter and wheme look the scummiest.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1267, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1266, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1265, catboi wrote:Hai~ (。・ω・)ノ゙

I've only really skimmed people off the flip, apologies for being lazy but I figured catching up on everything right away wouldn't be necessary. What I got off the flip was JV and T3 are hard town, and skitter and wheme look the scummiest.
LOL. Ah yes sheep me irish! I really want to wheme here.
Also I think that the voting pattern may change depending on how you act. But I think we still go Wheme here and I am sure we win. Unless it was a bus from JV or hard obvious WIFOM defense from skitter. Them fucking godly plays. Or you could just be mafia. Ah whatever I explained it in my analysis.
I think writing off an experienced player for hard defending scum is a mistake, but I'll have more on this later. I want to read in more detail before I make any commitment.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1295 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by catboi »

I...don't know what's going on there >_>

I think hand of glory was trolling, their entire ISO is incoherent

It's really not me, though
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by catboi »

No, it's fine, it's a really weird coincidence but i understand why you have to do it

I'm not going to leave a legacy readlist, I've barely read the game. Just everyone do your homework and reread carefully tomorrow. Good luck~
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1300 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by catboi »

No, uh, yeah, that looks like a straight up confession
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1305 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1302, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1297, catboi wrote:No, it's fine, it's a really weird coincidence but i understand why you have to do it

I'm not going to leave a legacy readlist, I've barely read the game. Just everyone do your homework and reread carefully tomorrow. Good luck~
hey so this quote i like and dont like.

ur playing lamist compared to ur gamesolvy enterence u did newbie 2047... i expected a better reaction.

but also this could just be ur geninue reaction. waiting to hear more from you.
Those are vastly different circumstances, I started in that game from the start, here I replaced in, barely skimmed, and found myself under suspicion because of something entirely outside my control! Of course I'm not going to be acting the same way!
GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1300, catboi wrote:No, uh, yeah, that looks like a straight up confession

just concede then smh.
Not happening
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1306, GrandpaMo wrote:ehh i disagree. you haven't gave any thoughts. idk if im like pushing this. but can you give me your reads so far? even irish gave reads lol

and also if you admitted it was a confession from whose its ur spot... then you are mafia. just concede ur getting voted out either way m8
I'm no though >_>

sorry for saying pointless stuff, I'll post reads, just give me some time
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1309, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1308, catboi wrote:
In post 1306, GrandpaMo wrote:ehh i disagree. you haven't gave any thoughts. idk if im like pushing this. but can you give me your reads so far? even irish gave reads lol

and also if you admitted it was a confession from whose its ur spot... then you are mafia. just concede ur getting voted out either way m8
I'm no though >_>

sorry for saying pointless stuff, I'll post reads, just give me some time

okay. i was just pressuring you. you had a null reaction imo. dont know how to feel about it.

@skitter what do you think?

Honestly I expected you to say you did your reads because literally your first post was you saying who was the scummiest...
I literally just skimmed ahri's ISO and ctrl+F'd ahri's name in other people's. They're only the most surface-level impressions. A more detailed look is going to take time.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1377 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by catboi »

I can only admit the truth about how it looks to me, I don't have an explanation other than hand of glory being a troll account. I think it's just a wild and extremely unfortunate coincidence. Look at all the posts preceding that one:
In post 349, Hand of Glory wrote:
In post 242, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 240, Andante wrote:I'm hesitant to out my exact read on Pooky, but don't worry, I'm not ignoring him, I just have a very strong read that I'm not sure I want to out yet.

A quick run down of where my head is.

Andante - Town
Grandpa - Initial scum lean, but how Jackson jumped on the Grandpa fos is messing with my head, so I'm not too sure here right now.
Fizz - I'm not entirely sure right now, you had a line I kinda liked, my entrance read on you was real though, felt like maf.
Hand - I genuinely can't read Hand, the posts are way too analytical, not really about interactions?? idk, Hand is a later read
Ahri - Scum, unless Ahri decides to make an effort to try, they are either scum, or town playing towards scum alignment
Skitter - Scum lean maybe.. very slight lean - your reads this game are like complete opposite of mine, which feels weird, you TRed grandpa, then flipped when I called Grandpa maf, so it's like, idkk, could definitely still be town though!! I know I'll have a solid read on you later, you're not today's elim. I also have a reason I tr you.
Pooky - I will not out my stance on you yet. I'm 100% confident, but me outing this info right now is not helpful to town. You're also not going out the door today.
George - I have 0 read off the top of my head, I can't recall your lines.
Jackson - You got a little defensive over my entrance thing to direct the game somewhere, it wasn't even a legit push sooo. I hate the grandpa read from you lmao, I want your interactions with others.

TLDR- I'm just ready to end today with an Ahri vote
I really like this. More reason to town read you in my opinion. And yes I did question how many scum because this is my first time playing forum mafia and I was confused on where the setup was. I lowkey even thought this was going to be a regular opened setup and not actually closed. I now know there is always 2 mafia in the 9player newbie games. (I am not using the "I am new card" trust me, I know that can be a pain but I am willing to contribute and give other reads.)

Onto more clarification of my reads: I still scumread JV, and it isn't even the fact of what we were going about (I mean yea I obviously scumread them at that time) but there is even more; just lack of deep reasoning and logic given by other people here on our specific interaction. This means really giving just giving no reads or any clarity on reads just based on this specific interaction. For example as Andante said, Ahri didn't give any reads on it besides sheeping of what pooky said on how JV seemed more towny in the interaction. Like why? Give me a good reason on why JV seemed more towny that makes me want to trust your judgment? As town, I want to know why you townread other people (I am not even being biased as you know I have townread two people who scumread me in the beginning, I currently still townread Andante). Give me then just "Oh they are towny". That lack of interest of defense or even just looking at it and giving reasoning and logic, just makes JV more scum imo. If I am assuming JV is scum, then their most likely partner is Pooky here. If pooky flips town, then it is Skitter. If JV flips town, then it is Fizz. I don't know if that is good logic, but based on what I have seen and the interactions I have witnessed that is the most likely scenario here. But I doubt JV flips town here.
lmao

yeah might as well ask for a modkill and never return

no wonder you were always one step ahead of me, i didn't get it

i'm sorry everyone but i also think it was legendarily hilarious for everyone involved!
In post 350, Hand of Glory wrote:even me, ultimately, bc i didnt get you were all mocking me bc i was trying to decipher a puzzle i was setting up for myself

this is real satire
In post 357, Hand of Glory wrote:Oh shit, I think my #349 has been worded badly. Sometimes I do that. ("Distance. I don't like cozying up." for instance was a reminder to myself about the role, not a real self-description)

"might as well ask for a modkill" is missing the pronoun
I
, not
you
In post 358, Hand of Glory wrote:The "I fucking hate this game" line is outdated btw, it was when I was still assuming this to be an authentic game, but with a meta I hadn't caught up on until half the town had covertly aligned against me. I think I love this game and I think you've all loved it too, or you would have stopped me earlier. Right? Just the facts and logic.

Since I am the only scum, you were all town, and you were
all
amazing. Even if that might be "brownie points" (hey, it's the wiki that says to have your scumbuddy's back). I'll have more to say a bit later. If you want.

VOTE: Ahri

They're complete nonsense, hand of was already having a meltdown prior to that post.

And these are the ones after:
In post 369, Hand of Glory wrote:...but I also said that Andante "was kicking off the catgirl vs. eurosnob discussion", so maybe I'm actually more idiotic and biased than I'd thought.

I don't think I think women are dumber than men. Or less analytical. Or more emotional.

And the style on the private thread is different because I'm not really "analytical". I was trying to play it like that. But yeah. Very weak analysis as shown.
In post 370, Hand of Glory wrote:I didn't want to hurt you all.
In post 377, Hand of Glory wrote:Town Ahri could have D1 vig shot me.

I've heard of setups where you aren't always the role that you think you've been assigned. Or nobody knows how many mafia there are.

I wasn't lying when I said it was my first game of mafia online. There are mafia variants maybe that can be played on a rainy Sunday afternoon. 3-20 min. I've been in some of these, I think, they're always full of newbies though.

No way is Ahri an alt account, but that's neither here nor there.

I can't believe how it wasn't reasonable for me to read the entirety of Newb2057 when I heard of it, or remember Ahri's history better. I am sorry for that as well. It's what, 45 pages in total? Something around those lines.
In post 378, Hand of Glory wrote:No ofc I'm joking.

ahri is my alt shitpost account. I've been had.
In post 411, Hand of Glory wrote:
In post 302, GrandpaMo wrote: im not voting anyone. i explained my reads.

im pushing more of the jv and pooky narrative today and can vote skitter if i want to. there is still like multiple days left as pooky said and i want to optimize my time lmao
I mean, I still don't get it

VOTE: Hand of Glory
I think the entire thing here was just an attempted gamethrow against town by claiming scum :/
I actually don't like that being selectively interpreted.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1378 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by catboi »

Anyway, I'm still reading, I'll try to get full reads out for you all tomorrow.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1380, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1378, catboi wrote:Anyway, I'm still reading, I'll try to get full reads out for you all tomorrow.
just give up m8. its ok town wins gg.
Lol, I would if I were. Can't concede as town, though. Sorry~

I think you should basically always elim me today but I want to read and find the last mafia so you know who to vote tomorrow
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1404 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:06 am

Post by catboi »

thank god I didn't have to actually try, I'm surprised it took that long
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:07 am

Post by catboi »

Please release the scum PT
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:19 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1407, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1404, catboi wrote:thank god I didn't have to actually try, I'm surprised it took that long
Ah, you knew this was a thing?
I'm happy i remembered abt it cuz i first saw it when it was made and promptly forgot
I only realized it was a thing when you pointed it out, wish it had been spotted sooner but it is what it is. It spared me the job of actually getting invested in the outcome, I expected when you pointed it out for me to get quickhammered, I didn't expect people to hesitate so much. The scum PT is itself, a trip. Hand of Glory has twice as many posts there as he does here. It's one of the nuttiest things I've seen in a mafia game.

I had thought the slot was >>>rand scum to begin with just by the game circumstances on the day replacing in, would've been a fun uphill battle but it was not to be, I suppose!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1416 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:28 am

Post by catboi »

NP, nice being in the game even if it was only for a short time :3