Micro 1003: Divide and Conquer - Game Over!

Forum rules
Jingle
Jingle
Ring a Bell?
Jingle
Ring a Bell?
Ring a Bell?

Post Post #1519 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1496, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1490, Isis wrote:I reckon towns are too good these days for setups like this :(
Probably, what's the EV?
What Vanders was talking about with math was the EV. Depending on strategies, town should win somewhere between 40 and 50% of the time.

The problem is that the setup inevitably gives a bunch of info that is really hard to quantify so the EV is largely pointless as a meter stick.

I don't think the setup itself was the issue here, but rather the specific situation of Pooky/Skitter being the team and town obvtowning pretty hard from the beginning. A town sweep doesn't mean necessarily mean the setup is broken and I think pretty much any other rand would have played out very differently.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
Ring a Bell?
Jingle
Ring a Bell?
Ring a Bell?

Post Post #1523 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1521, Infinity 324 wrote:I agree that town obvtowning really quickly was the problem, I'm not sure if the rand would've made that different though. In any plist with a bunch of people who know each other it's gonna happen a decent percentage of the time.
Yeah, but that's gonna be an issue regardless of setup. Any rand without the Pooky/Skit split to create the spotlight in the first place leaves scum in a better position, and any rand of a 9 person where >50% of the town has the immediate capacity to be recognized as town is tough.

I'm just saying I wouldn't say that the setup isn't viable based on this run because this was a really high quality PL.
This is a Parachute.