piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:03 am

Post by piisirrational »

Reading the thread, will post more later.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:39 am

Post by piisirrational »

Caught up with this thread. My predecessor posted nothing of note so not commenting on that. Here are my current thoughts on each player:

Bimblesticks - Only posted 3 posts that don't provide much information at all.

GrandpaMo - Null on this slot for now. None of their posts yet strike me as definitively alignment indicative, but to be fair, that's mainly on the context of the posts themselves. Once I get a better read on the interactions later I will be able to sort this slot.

Illwei - I'm not feeling this slot. Most of his analysis so far seems to be sorting actions as alignment indicative, which 1) there hasn't been much of, and 2) fairly little explanation as to why this would or would not be AI. Also I disagree with post 130. Asking someone a question as to why they're doing something isn't an opportunistic jump, it's trying to get more information. If it was actually opportunistic a vote would have been placed, which I do not see in the quote. He's actively lurking and kind of fence-sitting.

ItalianoVD - His gameplay seems quite different than in past games I played with him. To be fair, those games were a while ago, but in those games, he provided much more analysis to his thinking and seemed more willing to actually want to solve the game. Most of his posts are currently fluff without much explanation, and the questions do seem simple enough to be easily asked by scum. His town playstyle I think would involved more detailed posts. I also don't like how he dodged the accusation of his questions providing no note, since town!Italiano would actually want to address that because that's most of his posts right now that actually do contain content.

Noraa - I feel like most of the interactions so far concerning her are town but I can't point to specific posts yet. Nothing from her, skimming through this thread, strikes me as scum indicative, so townlean for now.

Roden - I disagree with post 53 and how anyone can "read too much into RVS." While the general purpose of RVS is to help generate content, it is still information to be gathered at the end of the day. In fact, it's generally the best place to catch scum because they aren't accustomed to figuring out how to manipulate town to its ends yet. Although he seems defensive in his accusations a bit I feel like this is actually quite town indicative because I would expect scum to be less defensive to try to stay under the radar. While you could argue that scum is also very defensive at points in this game, the fact that there has been very little information in this game so far and the fact that only a subset of the people are actually engaged in this, I think Roden is town because scum!Roden would just coast more because that's what some of the playerbase is doing. He would not post so much to bring more attention to himself.

StrangeMatter - I disagree with the notion that he's conftown because of his latest posts. Most of the time scum wins because they're way more towny later on and because most of the town mainly focuses on posts made later. As stated previously scum is usually less scummy later on because they've actually been accustomed to how town plays and can blend in more. I kind of scumread him a bit during the middle of reading the thread, mainly through posts like 34, and that kinds of ping me. That said, the fact that his playstyle seems to be consistent throughout most of the game would make this unlikely, so he's still a townlean. Not conf though and I can't rule him out.

The Bulge - Most of the analysis and explanation towards the situation with Roden seems fairly towny. Examples are in posts 168 and post 180.

Now, I do think it’s much easier to read people through interactions so none of these reads are set in stone. I didn't explain that much in my townleans and I'll do so later should they remain townleans by then. As of now I think scum lies between {ItalianoVD, Illwei, Bimblesticks}. Bimblesticks doesn’t have any posts which are scum indicative, but inactive people are usually scum, so should be taken into consideration. That said, I don’t want the first day lynch to be based on someone inactive because their flip, red or green, provides almost no information. This means I theoretically want the lynch to be on ItalianoVD or Illwei. So since I think a Illwei flip provides more information:

VOTE: Illwei
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:33 am

Post by piisirrational »

In post 309, Illwei wrote:
In post 305, GrandpaMo wrote:these seem like filler logs -- you come in to the thread talk about how you don't like something and leave and never addressing the two possible votes on you.
what would you like me to say to them?
if you find me you find me if you don't then you don't
My question to you is, why DON'T you care about the votes on you? As town, you want to get enough information as possible, so if you are getting voted by people who may possibly be scum, you would want to address why they're voting you so you could possibly sort out the alignments of your votes and possibly catch scum. Meanwhile scum have less reason to want to reply to their votes, because responding puts more attention on them and possibly furthers their wagon if their defense is not good. The fact that you don't seem to care that you even have votes on your wagon suggests that you're scum.
In post 310, Illwei wrote:
In post 307, StrangeMatter wrote:Right now the person I'm the least certain on anything right now is Bimblesticks. Really want them to participate in the conversations more to read anything conclusive on them.
VOTE: Bimblesticks
This vote is weird. So someone asks you if you scumread Bimblesticks, you say yes, and then you quote someone else's post and vote for him? I need an explanation for this.
In post 323, Bimblesticks wrote:
In post 307, StrangeMatter wrote:Right now the person I'm the least certain on anything right now is Bimblesticks. Really want them to participate in the conversations more to read anything conclusive on them.
I think that's a bit quick to throw a vote on me there. I'll go ahead and return the favour.
UNVOTE: Bakslash
VOTE: Illwei

Even though I did vote for Illwei, it was mainly because he voted for me. I honestly don't know if I think he's scum, he still reads to me as town, and from his perspective his vote might've just been intentioned to see if it annoyed me and made me say anything suspicious, as opposed to wanting to actually see me hanged. I actually still read Illwei as town. I don't have any strong feelings on piisirrational either way, aside from them not RVing at first which I think is pretty minor. But, I found Italiano's behaviour weird, and nothing swayed me in Cabd's initial posts, so I'm inclined to be most suspicious of them right now.
This reads more like an OMGUS vote. Town doesn't vote other people because they are voting for them, unless it's because the other people voted them due to a horrifically bad reason or whatever. The fact that you think he's town and you're voting for him? This progression doesn't make any sense, and reads as scum trying to keep their options open by voting someone and saying they think they're actually town.
In post 311, GrandpaMo wrote:
ok i think this confirms there is scum between bimble v illwee.

thanks for making it easier
I wouldn't be surprised if Bimblesticks & Illiwee is actually the scum team. Both are individually scummy and voting each other for bad reasons, such as "I actually think the other people is town." It's a possible scenario that both seem to exert pressure on their scum partner by voting them but not actually going through with the reasons why they should be voted or lynched. My vote stands where it's currently at, as such.

I'll have to re-read Noraa v. Roden again, as well as looking more into Bulge so I can get a proper read.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:19 am

Post by piisirrational »

In post 365, Roden wrote:
I don't think Italiano/Cabd is town. I already mentioned it earlier but they have a lot of posts yet no real content. Italiano specifically kept teasing that he had a plan and a read list, but he never actually posted it.
In Italiano's case, to be fair, it could be because he was genuinely busy. Someone here said that he replaced out of all of his games in this site, which would make sense. That said, he probably could've made a post saying so if this was the case. Cabd isn't actively trying to solve the game either, however, so regardless of that fact I still scumlean the Italiano/Cabd slot.

Cabd, StrangeMatter, The Bulge, and Ydrasse, what are your current thoughts so far in this game?

Since Noraa replaced out I think reading the Noraa/Roden case in early pages is going to be a moot point now, and how I read Ydrasse moving forward will help me determine his alignment. Based on Noraa's posts I have seen I'm leaning more towards town on that slot, but that can still change based on Ydrasse's posts.
In post 365, Roden wrote:
Bimble vs Illwei is an interesting situation. Illwei has made a couple naked votes now and I don't think it's alignment indicative. I voted for them earlier, but I think they're at least trying to play the game, at least compared to Bimble who has an abysmally low post count as well as inconsistent sorting. He somehow managed to contradict himself within seven posts, or is at the very least way too wishy washy for someone with low content. I think Bimble is the more likely scum between the two and his "OMGUS" vote on Illwei indicates that to me.
I disagree with the statement that Illwei is "trying" to play the game which makes him less likely to be scum over Bimblesticks. His ISO right now mainly consists of posts containing fluff and IIOA. The fact that he thinks that making those fluff posts which ups his post count in this thread is more important than actually answering questions from other people, is scum motivated. As town you'd want to answer them unless you think other people's questions are scum motivated, in which case you'd tell the town about it and explain why the questions other people are giving you is scum motivated. As for Bimblesticks, the OMGUS vote does look really scummy, but frankly it could also easily fall into the case of TSTBS, and that opens up WIFOM so I don't think that's strongly alignment indicative.

Between Illwei and Bimblesticks, I still think Illwei has the greater chance of flipping red, so my vote stands. Based on posts like 369 and 372, though, it's looking less likely that Bimblesticks and Illwei are scum together, so should one of them flip red the other one is very likely to be town.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:22 am

Post by piisirrational »

Current reads:

TR: GrandpaMo
TL: Roden
NLT: Noraa/Ydrasse, Bimblesticks, StrangeMatter
NLS: The Bulge
SL: ItalianoVD/cabd
SR: Illwei
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:43 am

Post by piisirrational »

TSTBS = To Scummy To Be Scum

IIOA = Information Instead of Analysis
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:51 am

Post by piisirrational »

In post 380, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 377, StrangeMatter wrote:I have a question about some terms right before I put out my thoughts on the game so far. What is TSTBS and IIOA? Those are terms I see but not really something very new to me.
lol where do u see this -- i havent seen those terms used before
It was in my post up above (post 375). I explained them in post 379.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:57 am

Post by piisirrational »

In post 384, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 382, piisirrational wrote:
In post 380, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 377, StrangeMatter wrote:I have a question about some terms right before I put out my thoughts on the game so far. What is TSTBS and IIOA? Those are terms I see but not really something very new to me.
lol where do u see this -- i havent seen those terms used before
It was in my post up above (post 375). I explained them in post 379.
no no not what i mean-- i was saying where have u seen them before (rhetorical question because i feel like its ogi / cheating to say )
In past games I played I've seen those terms (Newbie 2005 & Newbie 2010, for instance).