Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:01 am

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 6, hops wrote:Oh, nice. I was afraid the game would begin while I was sleeping, but it turns out I get to be the quickest draw in the west.

Hi everyone. Have some not-so-random questions:

- If you're a newbie, how many games of Mafia and mafia-likes have you played prior to this?
- Either newbie or SE, How would you rate your experience level?
- How would you describe your playstyle as as Scum, or how you would anticipate yourself playing as scum if this was your first game?
- For people who has actually played scum before, by eyeballing or actually counting, how often would you say you win as scum? What do you think are the common elements in games where you win as scum?
- What's your timezone and what's your anticipated schedule for checking in on this game?

For me:
- I've played a couple forum mafia and much more party Mafia.
- I haven't played forum mafia since forever and I was basically a toddler back then with no coherent thoughts so it doesn't count. Party mafia is certainly different because I tend to just be messing around there and causing chaos rather than actually trying to win. So, basically this is my first real game of forum mafia and I'm armed with nothing but the wiki and reading other games.
- As scum, I was certainly passive. In forum mafia I remember relying on advice from my more experienced counterpart on what positions to take as scum during the day. In future forum mafia where I get scum I'd try to be more active in "scumhunting" though, because that sounds more fun than just sitting around hoping I don't get wagoned. Plus I notice Town tends to be less mad OOCly if it was scum who ruined their ELo rather than an honest town mistake.
- I'd say I win half the games I play as scum in party mafia, usually because my teammate is a good liar or town is dumb more than anything on my part, though. In forum mafia I get eliminated pretty quick usually due to my own idiocy or really bad luck so I'd say my scum winrate out of the small sample size is zero.
- I live in UTC+7 and I'd be checking in around 8AM and 5PM at the minimum each day. Don't expect me to be awake around 10PM-6AM. I'm a busy person, but my time management is better than most, so I expect to be one of the more active players. Unfortunately it seems to me that I'm unlikely to be awake at day start and day end.

1. I play Werewolf Online (Wolvesville) many times, but only few mafia games (party games). Expect me to be passive in gameplay, whenever I am town or scum. I also play The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow on Board Game Arena (online platform). Not really a mafia player. No experience on Town of Salem video game.
2. Experience Level? I would say rookie, but not totally newbie. Not a pro either. On this forum, I played few games, but its a while ago (like months ago) since I've played mafia on this forum.
3. Timezone. My timezone is UTC+8 / GMT+8. As I have said, I have a low activity in this game as I am taking online classes, with some responsibilities at home.
4. Gameplay as scum. I don't really know, sometimes aggressive, sometimes passive, depending on my teammate. Not very good on scum reading as town either. Winrate as mafia at this forum is 0%. Either got eliminated early or be framed late game. I don't know how to win as scum actually.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:34 am

Post by Binatog13 »

For me, RQS and/or RVS is fine for me early stages of the game, to keep the players engaging. It is a nice way to know who and how players play. Its like an appetizer given before the main meal.

VOTE: NM for being a known player on this site and their Jester info.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

I don't know much about these players, so idk how to read them, even NM. I only know NM for posting such long rainbow lyrics and Jester intro every game.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:58 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

Interesting early wagon
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 98, Jake The Wolfie wrote:I need a diagram that goes like:

Is Not_Mafia in the game?

1. Yes
Vote out Not_Mafia

2. No

Can Not_Mafia be replaced into the game?

2.1 Yes

Replace Not_Mafia into the game, and see 1.

2.2 No

Wait until Not_Mafia can be replaced into the game, then see 2.1
lmao
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:51 am

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 120, catboi wrote:
In post 112, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 110, catboi wrote:VOTE: binatog

Last few posts have the feel of awkwardly trying to fit in while not providing any actual game relevant commentary. "interesting wagon" comment pinge because it didn't actually draw any conclusions, I questioned hm on it and he didn't follow up, had the feel of saying something just to say something.

More later.
That's just how Binatog plays, leave him alone
Nah.

Funny enough, I went to check his other games, saw he was more talkative in another one, then realized he was mafia in that one. But he's been more talkative in all his games, so I'm not really taking that as meaningful.

As I said on my previous posts, I will be less active.

It's possible he's just not had much to say because of the slow start to the game but I don't think "playstyle" is a good reason to block scumreads on someone. Had a player I was scumreading in a prior game get shielded for playstyle reasons, turned out to actually be mafia.

I expect he'll become readable over time anyway, but right now I'm fine with throwing my vote on him.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:54 am

Post by Binatog13 »

*edit: I put my statement between the quotes, I was to say that I will be less active.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:00 am

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 39, MegAzumarill wrote:Page two hammer is tempting
I hope this is a joke. Otherwise, how is page 2 hammer so tempting? This doesn't give info at all and gives Mafia an advantage.
In post 113, MegAzumarill wrote:Greeting, do you think you should be townread right now?
Why or why not?
I think this is a scumlean hunting for PRs, but idk for now. Asking someone to be townread early in the game is suspicious for me.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:19 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 158, hops wrote:I'm of the school of thought that a town player will generally incriminate themselves less than a scum, no matter how much they put their foot in their mouth. So I'd rather prefer people talk more in general. Although I guess a town drawing too much attention to themselves might be considered anti-town since that would distract from scum.

Speaking of distraction, though, is it just me or N_M has been saying very little and kind of staying under the radar after his early shitposting? He's not as much active lurking as much as he's literally just lurking and voting without any explanation.
It depends tho. Scum likes to hunt for possible crumbs and PRs by killing the most active and townread players. Day 2 is the day that we gather more info, probably because most PRs have the info on that day. On the other hand, vanilla roles try to do the same to get killed
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:23 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

My reads so far:

Town Lean

Hops - I can see the scumhunting on him.

Neutral

Most of the players.

Scum Lean

None so far. Will update info soon.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 214, MegAzumarill wrote:Mafia wins if no scum are eliminated and 4 players remain
No lim + Nk = 8 players -> mislim + nk-> 6 players -> mislim + NK = loss (2 mislims)
Lim + NK = 7 players-> mislim + Nk-> 5 players -> mislim = loss (3 mislims)

No limming actually takes away one elimination we have this game
Hence why it is objectively worse than eliminating someone
While it can we worst than eliminating someone, if a PR was elimmed then its kinda loss for the town team. But it has a low chance, its up to you guys if you want to take the risk.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 182, Not_Mafia wrote:I don't QH in newbies and I'm townreading Binatog
In what reason tho? I am not safe either, been suspicioned by many players. Unless you're scum that tries to defend me because you know all players' alignment.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 276, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 269, hops wrote:Sorry, what does BPIC and CFD stand for?

BPIC-> Bulletproof Innocent Child, a player who is confirmed town that cannot be nightkilled for whatever reason
Is there such a role in newbie games? If not, why are we talking about this?
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 296, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 295, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Imagine getting an answer from Greeting smdh
After reconsideration, I would like to apologize to Greeting for this uncalled for comment.
Now I think that its actually Greeting / Jake pair intentionally calling each other.
N_M's randoming names early is sometimes accurate. So it might be Greeting.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 366, DaTacoX wrote:Not that it matters much now
@Binatog
, but you never answered whether your vote on N_M was intentional VOTE: Binatog13
That was random
And my post on day one that NM townreads me made them pretty suspicious.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

About the flip, we can conclude that our PR is a town tracker and/or friendly neighbor. If tracker found someone suspicious movements then he can go out and post info, otherwise don't.
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 399, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Roles don't typically get feedback when they act, unless they are investigative. So if you're a roleblocker, you won't know whether or not you succeeded in roleblocking someone or not. Obviously if you were a doctor and you protect someone who dies then that's cause for concern, but if they don't die then you won't be sure if they were attacked, or if you were stopped in some way, or if they simply weren't attacked.
Oh never been these roles so thanks for the info
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

Just woke up to find out im hammered
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

Good game guys, I mean good luck
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

I was the other PR :(
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

His role was...
let mod reveal [/]
Voting myself
Binatog13
Binatog13
Goon
Binatog13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Binatog13 »

In post 500, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 498, RH9 wrote:@DaTacoX To be fair, a No Kill could have let you did what MargotRosa did. (In other words, let yourself live for longer.)
That’s not inherently true, since Town could still remove the Tracker/Jailkeeper target anyways if no kills happen.
In post 496, DaTacoX wrote:I’m happy I wasn’t the first to go afterwards though .3.
Srry Binatog
What is the sorry for? Dw, its part of the game to be suss'ed.