.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1874, OkaPoka wrote:I think the only way your scenario ends up working is if we have 3 Deep scum that have no chance of getting lynched yesterday.
Who were all the serious wagons yesterday?

Me, tchill, BEF, Kokichi, and DDL...

It was really between me, tchill, and BEF and Kokichi and DDL were early D1 wagons.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1876, PenguinPower wrote:It was really between me, tchill, and BEF as Kokichi and DDL were early D1 wagons.
EBWOP

I hate having edit powers and not being able to use them.
<(") | (")>
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1847, OkaPoka wrote:Interesting to note:
We have PP wagon hit L1, then A50 gives intent to hammer to force out a claim (never follows through as ->
We hit an A50 emotional "break", then Sephiroth votes A50, putting down Penguin to L2.
Wagon remains stagnant, and essentially DDL starts a new counterwagon on BEF.
But the BEF (town) wagon gains steam as a counterwagon from non PP wagon-ers, also gains steam extremely quickly.
Only Sephiroth is a former PP wagoner.
Joey_ and Dva have a quick conversation, then Dva initiates a swap to tchill, PP wagon-ers go directly to Tchill.
The breaking point I believe is when Nako, a BEF wagoner switches to l1 Tchill. Literally any swap would have switched the momentum of the wagons from either BEF or Tchill, scum can be pretty content here.
and then we have the whole tchill mess.
But both BEF and tchill are town, so its kinda hard to analyze here.
I decided to try and get to the root of the deal because Oka’s post was a continuation of something that changed the focus, and I actually think PP might be a good wagon for another reason. We had 2 town wagons and PP as a third towards the end of D1. As such I think that points to PP being scum.
VOTE: PenguinPower
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

:lol:

I literally post that and you now scum read me.

Can we pls lynch this?
<(") | (")>
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I'm still digesting what PP's theory means and whether scum would think that far ahead vs acting instinctively to promote their wincon.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1862, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1860, Almost50 wrote:Once upon not so long ago there was this Town that couldn't agree to have a 3 player wagon intact long enough for a 4th person to join it. This Town lost the game. The End.
Vote Oka then
Why would I want to vote someone I strongly TR??

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I didn’t know that
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1863, OkaPoka wrote:so I assume neither of you two can provide a reasonable alternative to the two alternatives i have thrown out there?
I could, but then there are not enough votes on them either.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

A50, imo you should be brain dumping ideas rn because if you get nk'd which is likely if you are GS, then we can't pick your brain anymore.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by DVa »

Oka any thoughts on the early DrD wagon?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I haven't combed through it but looking purely at the VCs, he never reached L1 and it was early so the lack of pressure on the DDL wagon makes wagon analysis hard. I can try and go through it later but I can see scum playing in any fashion they choose in response to the DDL wagon.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I don't have "info" I could either lead you to victory or oblivion. The problem is nobody listens to dead people though, and especially not the Town. This means if my reads are good they'd be ignored and if they're bad they'll be promoted by scum to push mislynches.

But I'll tell you this: I'm willing to lynch PP (based on your case on him citing the "wagonomics" of D1) << Don't anybody tell N_M I said this "foul" word. :lol:

I could lynch Seph (my earlier TR on him is getting weaker by the minute)

I could lynch Mewtaph (I'm currently voting him, and his reads and arguments are too off-base to come from a town mindset)

and I could lynch Dolittle (I'm not seeing any real scum hunting there)

That's my 4-player lynch pool currently

Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 1858, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1855, Mewtaph wrote:I don't really want the game state to stall but I can also see how I could be destroying town unity and possibly letting at least 1 lurker scum pass through without much notice. So I'm going to be relatively quieter for a bit.
This actually feels dissonant. Concerned about lurker scum, but going to lurk himself?
I just think I'm on the wrong pulse this game.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

VOTE: PP

Not feeling him sneaking that vote in while not talking about me.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1889, Mewtaph wrote:Not feeling him sneaking that vote in while not talking about me.
Really?
In post 1871, PenguinPower wrote:Oh, I'm voting oka, but shading mew...
<(") | (")>
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Noted.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:02 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Prodge, i dont think i can keep up with my active games atm :cry:
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:33 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

UNVOTE:
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:42 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Gamma is a slot I'm having trouble having a strong opinion on so I'm fine discussing for a bit.

Gamma dismissing A50's in thread theatrics as genuine and turning on me as a "dark horse pick" (, , ) immediately is alarming because it was an extremely sharp progression from their previous call on me being possibly a "concerned townie" (). I didn't take this as majorly AI in any one direction (need more content there to decide if it comes from town or scum intent) but it definitely put them on my radar. There is no way that A50 isn't aware of how he might genuinely react as town and then turn it up all the way to 100% because it's "genuine frustration" AFTER declaring intent to hammer and desire for a claim in . Keep in mind this was on D1 before A50 claimed gunsmith today. How does Gamma ignore this? To what extent can genuine frustration come from town before they realise they should stop posting and take a step back and to what extent can scum take some form of frustration towards another player and then extent it for their own personal gain? Also, in terms of me "softballing" the question to Nako back on D1, I thought it was extremely important to highlight the depth of their reads because I have felt no depth from their read on me nor their reads list. They were pushing people stated in in their "Feels somehow scummy but can just be the meta" category with their votes and wagons, before their "Scum in here" category. I think Nako's reads against their actions have been a bit weird if town.

@Gamma, what exactly is your read on me?
You hopped off of my wagon onto an Oka vote but most of your stances thus far with your slot have felt a bit like commentary on me as events unfold rather than a growing read progression - for how much doubt you've shown towards my slot, why aren't you more engaged in sorting me out into a definite category?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:57 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 1861, Almost50 wrote:End the day already so I can eat a bullet and enjoy talking to skitter in the dead thread.
Why do you think that you're going to die and why exactly are you so itchy towards having a short day? From your point of view, someone roleblocked you (or I'm lying as scum Ascetic and can be tested for being Ascetic the next night phase after claiming non-Ascetic). This suggests that there is at least one role that is capable of roleblocking and one of them targeted you N1. I don't understand the itch and fatalistic perspective considering that if you are a town gunsmith, your words have a lot of weight behind them walking into a day with just below 10 days left before deadline. That's a lot of time to just resign to putting my slot in a position where it's extremely hard to fight against your suspicion against me. That's a lot of time to just give up . If you are as invested in me being scum as your vote suggests, why aren't you engaged in trying to properly case me as to avoid the wagon dismantling and moving onto other targets?

Your approach to this day phase concerns me and if you're town you should consider trying to properly remove these concerns because ultimately there is a definite possibility scum leaves you around for WIFOM (assuming scum roleblocker). My problem is that you've shown no or little concern throughout this game which is troublesome - ignoring your open claim leaves me feeling uninspired about your slot.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1894, Mewtaph wrote:Gamma is a slot I'm having trouble having a strong opinion on so I'm fine discussing for a bit.

Gamma dismissing A50's in thread theatrics as genuine and turning on me as a "dark horse pick" (, , ) immediately is alarming because it was an extremely sharp progression from their previous call on me being possibly a "concerned townie" (). I didn't take this as majorly AI in any one direction (need more content there to decide if it comes from town or scum intent) but it definitely put them on my radar. There is no way that A50 isn't aware of how he might genuinely react as town and then turn it up all the way to 100% because it's "genuine frustration" AFTER declaring intent to hammer and desire for a claim in . Keep in mind this was on D1 before A50 claimed gunsmith today. How does Gamma ignore this? To what extent can genuine frustration come from town before they realise they should stop posting and take a step back and to what extent can scum take some form of frustration towards another player and then extent it for their own personal gain? Also, in terms of me "softballing" the question to Nako back on D1, I thought it was extremely important to highlight the depth of their reads because I have felt no depth from their read on me nor their reads list. They were pushing people stated in in their "Feels somehow scummy but can just be the meta" category with their votes and wagons, before their "Scum in here" category. I think Nako's reads against their actions have been a bit weird if town.

@Gamma, what exactly is your read on me?
You hopped off of my wagon onto an Oka vote but most of your stances thus far with your slot have felt a bit like commentary on me as events unfold rather than a growing read progression - for how much doubt you've shown towards my slot, why aren't you more engaged in sorting me out into a definite category?
You’re still in my scumpile, just not my preferred vote

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Btw your last couple posts are very hard to digest, pls reduce paragraph size

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:04 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Why am I not your preferred vote?

P-edit: Mm noted.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Because when I was voting Oka he was driving the game so it was wiser to vote the one I perceived as a danger to Town, now I’m just feeling more confident on PP

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!